CornellVerse History

I know there is no full detailed version of the CornellVerse History but it is my goal to at least get something up and running for now. The first thing I was hoping to do (for a diary) was to draw up some of the greatest matches in SWF history. This led me to the idea of where we book the Supreme Challenges. The only ones I know for sure are that Strong/Starr headlined SC 1 and Strong/Chord headlined SC 2. I figured I'd also throw out who was the champ at the time of the PPV, too. Some interesting facts, the SWF World title has only changed hands twice at The Supreme Challenge (Dread def. Strong in 84; Keith def. Faith in 97) Please note, this is not official. It's simply a tool I will be using as a basis. This information may also end up on Wikipedia. ;) [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE (1980)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Strong (c) def. Micky Starr WORLD TAG TEAM Joey and Teddy Flame (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 2 (1981)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Strong (c) def. Rip Chord [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 3 (1982)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Strong (c) def. Corporal Doom [B] SUPREME CHALLENGE 4 (1983)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Strong (c) def. Mayhem Midden [B] SUPREME CHALLENGE V (1984)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Dread def. Sam Strong (c) WORLD TAG TEAM Cobra and Viper def. Joey and Teddy Flame (c) [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 6 (1985)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Micky Starr (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM Joey and Teddy Flame def. Cobra and Viper (c) [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 7 (1986)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Rip Chord (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM Dusty and Sid Streets (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 8 (1987)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Strong (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM Cobra and Viper def. Joey and Teddy Flame (c) [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 9 (1988)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Strong (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE X (1989)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Strong (c) def. [B] SUPREME CHALLENGE 11 (1990)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Rip Chord (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 12 (1991)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Rip Chord (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 13 (1992)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Strong (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 14 (1993)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Bruce The Giant (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT FINALS Joey and Teddy Flame def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE XV (1994)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Bruce The Giant (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM Alex Pierce and Mike Barstow (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 16 (1995)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Bruce The Giant (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM The Outbackers (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 17 (1996)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Keith (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN TOURNAMENT FINALS Nemesis def. WORLD TAG TEAM The Outbackers (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 18 (1997)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Keith def. Christian Faith (c) NORTH AMERICAN Black Hat Bailey (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 19 (1998)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sean McFly (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN Captain USA def. Enforcer Roberts (c) [B] SUPREME CHALLENGE XX (1999)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Keith (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN Jim Force (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM The Warlords (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 2000[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Christian Faith (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM The Warlords def. Enforcer Roberts (NA Champ) and Black Hat Bailey [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 22 (2001)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Christian Faith (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN Black Hat Bailey def. Freddie Datsun (c) WORLD TAG TEAM The Warlords def. The Biggz Boyz (c) [B] SUPREME CHALLENGE 23 (2002)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Keith (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN Skull DeBones (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM The Biggz Boyz (c) def. [B] SUPREME CHALLENGE 24 (2003)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Sam Keith (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN Lobster Warrior (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM Jumbo Shrimp and Calamari Kid (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE XXV (2004)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Christian Faith (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN Remo (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM The Warlords (c) def. [B]SUPREME CHALLENGE 26 (2005)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Runaway Train (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN Angry Gilmore (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM Lobster Warrior and Jumbo Shrimp def. High Concept (c) [B] SUPREME CHALLENGE 27 (2006)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Steve Frehley (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN Squeaky McClean (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM The Amazing Bumfholes (c) def. SHOOTING STAR Marc DuBois (c) def. [B] SUPREME CHALLENGE 28 (2007)[/B] WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Runaway Train (c) def. NORTH AMERICAN Rich Money (c) def. WORLD TAG TEAM Sexual Aggresion def. Death Row (c) SHOOTING STAR Brett Biggz (c) def.

I like this idea, have considered doing something similar myself in the past but never got around to it. While I'm not going to add any matches, I would like to say that you can probably work out some of the matches by looking through the Hall Of Immortals and seeing how many Legendary PPVs the guys have headlined. With the Supreme Challenge being one of the bery few shows in the database with that status, you will be able to work out some matches based on that. :)

Ah... I forgot that Adam rigged it so that some people would simply be inducted on retirement and that some guys that were already in were just left blank. Some guys have some partial stats filled in but I can't remember who they are now. Still... was a good plan while it lasted. :D

Just in case you haven't thought about it... feel free to use the Cornellverse 1997 for some more info. It has a fairly detailed tag title history since I figured Eisen would at least have paid SOME attention to tag wrestling before the official history was around. But I made it with the intention that Eisen generally hates tag team wrestling and often overlooked it in favour of making singles stars. Lots of gaps in the histories but it could fill in some blanks and make things more interesting if you like. :)

I can't get new scenarios to download on my computer for some reason. Would anybody mind posting the title histories derek mentioned. I am trying to use the website as much as possible. I think I've found most of the stuff relevant to The Supreme Challenge, if not all of it.

1980 - Joey Flame and Teddy Flame (c) vs 1981-1983 - belts inactive 1984 - Cobra and Viper (c) vs 1985 - Cobra and Viper (c) vs 1986 - Dusty Streets and Sid Streets (c) vs 1987 - Cobra and Viper (c) vs 1988-1992 - belts inactive 1993 - Joey Flame and Teddy Flame (c) vs 1994 - Alex Pierce and Cheatin' Mike Barstow (c) vs 1995 - Outbacker Rolf and Outbacker Harris (c) vs 1996 - Outbacker Rolf and Outbacker Harris (c) vs No title changes in July at all so no title changes at the Supreme Challenge.... Eisen really sucks as a booker. :p Though I'm thinking of maybe tweaking the title histories a little now to change that, just looks wrong having no changes at all of those belts.

Was thinking the same thing... here's an updated list for ya. :) 1980 - Joey Flame and Teddy Flame (c) vs 1981-1983 - belts inactive 1984 - Cobra and Viper def Joey Flame and Teddy Flame (c) 1985 - Joey Flame and Teddy Flame def Cobra and Viper (c) 1986 - Dusty Streets and Sid Streets (c) vs 1987 - Cobra and Viper def Joey Flame and Teddy Flame (c) 1988-1992 - belts inactive 1993 - Joey Flame and Teddy Flame (c) claimed the vacant titles vs 1994 - Alex Pierce and Cheatin' Mike Barstow (c) vs 1995 - Outbacker Rolf and Outbacker Harris (c) vs 1996 - Outbacker Rolf and Outbacker Harris (c) vs EDIT: Obviously with the mod being set in January 1997 I don't have title changes for 97 through 99. But at the start of 97 the Lords of War are the tag champs having ended the Outbackers almost 2 year title reign. I imagine they would probably have had a match at Supreme Challenge, although Seth and Stuart Storm (The Perfect Storm), Captain USA and Masked Patriot (The Patriots) or even Mr Supreme & Adonis (Team Perfection) would all have been considered solid teams for a shot too. Pierce and Barstow are still around by this time too... but for some reason I can't imagine them getting a title match when there are other teams around that are more popular and yet unlikely to get other big matches on the card.

Archived