How do YOU book Enhancement talent?

A question brought up to me by someone at work got me to thinking. How do you book your enhancement talent? Do you have them get dominated constantly or do you let them go even up (open match) with the person they're enhancing? Typically, I look for workers with good to great performance skills (especially selling, consistency and safety. It wouldn't do to have a BSS in the ring with someone I'm planning to push) and use them to push people from opener to midcarder real quick. My typical match setup is: Victor (the enhancee) Protect (the enhancee, who may not be as skilled in Performance as the ET) Decisive win Script Work the Crowd Do you pit your ETs against main eventers or upper midcarders? Personally, I try to avoid that because the match rating inflates the ET's overness & momentum causing them to auto-push to as high as lower midcarder. I use ETs against no higher than midcarders (and often, just lower mids). I have my main eventers beat up on midcarders, upper mids beat on lower mids, mids beat on openers and lower mids and openers beat on ETs. A guy over at Spike said he used main eventers against ETs and then he was surprised when the ET in question autopushed to upper midcarder after a couple months. Duh? Anyway, I'm just curious to see how other people do it. Might be some insight I can benefit from. :)

For me it depends on the jobber in question. As an example Davis Wayne Newton will usually start as an ehancement talent in the US and he becomes my jobber to the stars and becomes an upper midcarder(but i still keep him jobbing to the main eventers to keep his ego in check). If its Ben Williams he is usually in the opening match getting dominated by Gargantuan or The Big Problem. I usually use dominate against Ben but whenever someone signs a written deal somewhere else Ben gets to dominate them. If a guy is on the hot prospect list I will usually find a spot for him in every show it may be a dark match or maybe he will take Ben's spot as the guy losing in the first match every card. To be honest i become quite attached to them to a fault. When i bring in a guy his match grades against the jobbers are going to determine how hard a push he is going to get if he fails to produce. Basically I usually only use dominate against Ben Williams. I never use open match(if i want to push them i will get them in angles with the main eventers). Protect I usually use that for Gargantuan as he is my worst skilled guy and he is the guy beating the ehancement talents. Script i use if the guys don't have C- rating then i will script it regardless of push. I have not had success using work the crowd so i tend to stay away from it(maybe i will resvist that see if i can get better results). so its Victor maybe dominate maybe protect maybe script usually put in overbook

Davis Wayne Newton doesn't count: very few true "enhancement talents" have great skills and a great look. He gets over just by being on TV. I tend to use enhancement talents to give midcarders who might not otherwise pick up wins. Like Remi, I look for good performance skills, but I also look for mediocre star quality and poor charisma, since the last thing I want is for my enhancement talents to suddenly become big stars. Guys like John Greed and Cheetah Boy make solid jobbers in a promotion like SWF. Another strategy I use when playing as a bigger fed is signing guys to short-term deals so that debuting workers can get a win against [b]someone[/b]. I used the same strategy with some PSW guys, putting over my lower midcarders by having them beat Johnny Martin on a short-term contract.

I have never used Anhancment talent ever the way the should be used. I only hire workers I feel can make it big time and ME....Which actually hurts me b/c everyone gets over pushed and if they don't I job them out and fire them for "not having anything creative left for them to do".

[QUOTE=spikedave;522563]Ok this is gonna sound stupid but i've never used enhancement talent. What is their role in the game i've always wondered?[/QUOTE] They're the jobbers at the very bottom of your roster. Like the Brooklyn Brawler! If you run a Regional or so promotion, and use autopush, you'll probably have one somewhere on your roster.

I agree with Lazor - there are really two different types of ET. There are those who are intended to move up the card eventually but just don't have the popularity yet. And there are those who really just are pure jobbers. I use slightly differently. Guys like Davis Wayne Newton and Swoop McCarthy are going to be stars eventually in most promotions. They don't start with much popularity in the US, so in a bigger promotion, they're ET or maybe Openers. I get them on TV by jobbing them and they grow in popularity pretty quick. Both Newton and Champagne Lover went about three months of losing regularly in my current game before getting a win. But with a bit of patience and the occassional win, they hit Midcarder quite easy before long. In an entertainment-based promotion, putting them in a storyline to some extent is another easy way to grow that popularity. With those types, I tend to job them more often to upper level wrestlers. It makes for a better match rating usually and if the upper card worker is solid, helps develop the youngster faster. For the guys who are never intended to move up the card, they're just jobbers. I'll have them job to midcard guys and usually in shorter matches. In an entertainment fed, they often have a role as well.

I'll usually do exactly what Remi does, except I'll use the Dominate note if the enhancee is an upper mid or ME worker. I prefer not to pair my upper mid or ME workers up with ETs unless they're in dark matches, but sometimes it's almost essential. For example, Joey Beauchamp is one of my ETs and Xavier Reckless is ME material... yeah, I know. It's a Loc to Nat game, though. I'm looking for Beauchamp to get up there, though, so it's probably not a bad thing to have him in the ring with a main eventer.

[QUOTE=lazorbeak;522475]Davis Wayne Newton doesn't count: very few true "enhancement talents" have great skills and a great look. He gets over just by being on TV.[/QUOTE] This is a very good point. One person I always sign to be an ET is Eva Berlin. Sure, she's a bit more expensive than your typical jobber but she's also extremely versatile and allows me to skimp in other areas. Her E Star Quality also ensures she's not going to be main eventing at any point too. The ET tag team I usually use is The LWA. In 07, I used The Serpents until I learned that Dragon Assassin is a burgeoning star.

My ETs are usually either really young guys with no popularity who I feel will one day be important additions to the roster and could use exposure to my talented uppercard to help mold them for that future or older former midcarders who are nearing their retirement and basically going through what I like to call the "Val Venus Treatment" until that time as a reward for their loyal service, I almost never use guys whose only purpose on my roster is to serve solely as a ET.

Archived