NFL Bar & Grill

machinesxe

This is an open house for NFL everything...Your happiness, your hate and your trash talk spot.... So I'll start... As anyone who follow the GDS FF League last year knew I am I Giants fan and was on a high for the last 4-6 weeks of the season but either way....This is a new year and I just wanted to point out that DAMN did my team make a turn for the best over the last year... The Giants are a Fantasy team....Either way being a Giants fan everyone already knows I hate the Cowboys....And I AM ENJOYING THEIR HORRIBLE SEASON IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL IT ONE....I am going to have to walk up to my manager at work tomorrow and just smile.....and follow that up with the comment I give all Yankee fans...You can't buy the rings!!!

[QUOTE=ShadowedFlames;525367]With a rookie QB (Flacco) and a first-year head coach, I'll gladly take 6-4, a game out of the division lead, and currently the second wild card team in the AFC. Now to see how the last six weeks go.[/QUOTE] Dolphins fan here.

[QUOTE=ShadowedFlames;525367]With a rookie QB (Flacco) and a first-year head coach, I'll gladly take 6-4, a game out of the division lead, and currently the second wild card team in the AFC. Now to see how the last six weeks go.[/QUOTE] Yeah ... but how `bout them Giants? :D [I]Re-Peat! Re-Peat! Re-Peat![/I]

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;525381]That would be Detroit-esque. They can't even lose right![/QUOTE] I know, it's so true. I'll actually worry more about Tennessee when they lose. I don't see them going 16-0, but once the pressure of a perfect season is off them, being a fairly young team, playing as well as they are ... they'll be a force to reckon with.

1. Mach, get yourself to the draft board! 2. Good day in the NFL... well, except for my Texans. Thankfully I was forced into starting Joseph Addai against them today, and well... my fantasy team now sits at a comfortable 21 point lead over my opponent, who just has Kellen Winslow tomorrow night. Unless Winslow manages to have a game just as good as last week's, while playing in freezing, possibly snowing weather, I'll have a win over the current number one team in my league. Though, I must thank Mr. GruntMark for trading me Addai and TJ Houshmanzadeh (not even close to the correct spelling, I'm sure) as they both absolutely exploded this week. 3. I picked Arizona to do great things this season! People laughed at me, just like that laughed when I said Carolina was going to the Super Bowl a few years ago... thank god I never predicted Caronlina would actually win! But Arizona is playoff bound, and if they can stop getting so many stupid penalties they might go all the way.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;525390]1. Mach, get yourself to the draft board! 2. Good day in the NFL... well, except for my Texans. Thankfully I was forced into starting Joseph Addai against them today, and well... my fantasy team now sits at a comfortable 21 point lead over my opponent, who just has Kellen Winslow tomorrow night. Unless Winslow manages to have a game just as good as last week's, while playing in freezing, possibly snowing weather, I'll have a win over the current number one team in my league. Though, I must thank Mr. GruntMark for trading me Addai and [B]TJ Houshmanzadeh [/B](not even close to the correct spelling, I'm sure) as they both absolutely exploded this week. 3. I picked Arizona to do great things this season! People laughed at me, just like that laughed when I said Carolina was going to the Super Bowl a few years ago... thank god I never predicted Caronlina would actually win! But Arizona is playoff bound, and if they can stop getting so many stupid penalties they might go all the way.[/QUOTE] TJ Whoseyomama. It has to be correct, Chris Berman told me so. :P

[QUOTE=Prophet;525376]Yeah ... but how `bout them Giants? :D [I]Re-Peat! Re-Peat! Re-Peat![/I][/QUOTE] Chiiccckakkakak Boww Boowwwooowowooowowoowowo [QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;525377]Titans 10-0. No way the G-Men ruin perfection 2 years in a row.[/QUOTE] 18 and uhhhh ooooo 2.0 [QUOTE=Comradebot;525390]1. Mach, get yourself to the draft board! [/QUOTE] Totally forgot this things brother...

[QUOTE=Comradebot;525390]Mach, get yourself to the draft board! 2. Good day in the NFL... well, except for my Texans. Thankfully I was forced into starting Joseph Addai against them today, and well... my fantasy team now sits at a comfortable 21 point lead over my opponent, who just has Kellen Winslow tomorrow night. Unless Winslow manages to have a game just as good as last week's, while playing in freezing, possibly snowing weather, I'll have a win over the current number one team in my league. Though, I must thank Mr. GruntMark for trading me Addai and TJ Houshmanzadeh (not even close to the correct spelling, I'm sure) as they both absolutely exploded this week. [/QUOTE] I tell you what though, Comrade. I wouldn't be too upset where your Texans are for such a young franchise. They haven't made an early championship game a la the Bucs or Jags did. But the novelty is off them now. It's no longer considered an automatic they'll stink year in and year out. With you on the fantasy front. I'm up 40 in my league this week and my opponent has Edwards and Winslow left to go tonight. I expect to win by a solid margin. Although as a Browns fan, I am hoping Braylon and Kellen can play well enough to make my fantasy win look less dominating on paper. And if last week's opponent can pull off a win for me, I'll be alone atop my league power rankings. 8-3 baby. And on the TJ front, don't be so sure about that spelling. You are in fact very close on it. HoushmanDzadeh. You see the guy as often I do you start to learn. :) As for my thoughts on my team ::shakes head:: Another long year by the lake. I knew we'd be nothing like the team everyone was expecting coming into the year. To hear the talking heads tell it we should have run away with the division this year. I even saw one idiot on CBS Sportsline predict us to lose the Super Bowl to Dallas. Still I expected us to be better than we are. Maybe like 5-4 at this point. It doesn't seem to me like Derek Anderson ever mentally recovered from getting his bell rung in the preseason. Which is a shame as he's as good as anybody in this league when he's on. But Derek's concussion isn't why as I was so much more tempered in my expectations than the outside world. There would be two of those. Depth and draft picks. We've hardly had either year. We're three, four years into a 3-4 defense now and still don't really have the personnel to run it. Especially not the linebackers. Eric Wright's looks pretty good in the secondary at times. But he needs help. When the opposite number is Brandon McDonald, we might as well have Daylon McCutcheon back. They are both tailor made to be nickel corners. Besides McDonald can't do the things Leigh Bodden was for us. I've been happy with Shaun Rogers up front and Alex Hall's been a real late round discovery for us. But if you're going to step up in this league, you need fresh blood other than projects like Beau Bell and Paul Hubbard. The upper round guys are upper round guys because they are supposed to help your team the quickest. I don't think a week goes by at the bar I don't find myself wishing we could have had an Aqib Talib or Leodis McKelvin, Oh well maybe after the season, we can fire Romeo and bring in a coach who can instill discipline into our roster. Oh and maybe our scouts can find guys Phil Savage will value higher than the "stiffs" in this year's draft. That would help a lot too.

[QUOTE=Astil;525370]Dolphins fan here.[/QUOTE] We owe you for last year, then. Personally, I cannot complain as I have Ronnie Brown on my fantasy team. But as a matter of professional pride, I will not be happy until we either knock you out of the playoffs or contention thereof, or injure Ricky Williams. [QUOTE=Prophet;525376]Yeah ... but how `bout them Giants? :D [I]Re-Peat! Re-Peat! Re-Peat![/I][/QUOTE] [b]Modkill: Prophet[/b] All kidding aside, our defense looked horrible Sunday. I guess we're allowed an off day now and again. Though again, you're spared for now since I have Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs on my fantasy team (neither of which I started, given that it was the Ravens defense I expected to show up....)

[QUOTE=ShadowedFlames;525854]We owe you for last year, then. Personally, I cannot complain as I have Ronnie Brown on my fantasy team. But as a matter of professional pride, I will not be happy until we either knock you out of the playoffs or contention thereof, or injure Ricky Williams. [b]Modkill: Prophet[/b] All kidding aside, our defense looked horrible Sunday. I guess we're allowed an off day now and again. Though again, you're spared for now since I have Eli Manning and Brandon Jacobs on my fantasy team (neither of which I started, given that it was the Ravens defense I expected to show up....)[/QUOTE] I have to admit, I was worried going into Sunday, knowing our offensive strength is the run game, and taking on the Ravens usually negates that. How Jacobs/Ward/Bradshaw were the first team to gain 200+ in 11 years on Baltimore is beyond me. I'd also keep an eye on espnews or something similar, as Jacobs had an MRI today. "Precautionary" or whatever. But any fantasy team with Eli at the helm has my full support! :D

Archived