[TEW 2008] HYPE: Marchhaire's Storylines v.1 - World Championship Wrestling

It's been quite some time since I was on these forums, but I come bearing gifts. TEW '08 is great, but there's a real lack of new storylines to use in-game. I know that plenty of us probably like booking unchained storylines or enjoy making your own up, but say, for the sake of argument, that you'd like to relive the past. What's that? You do? Awesome, because that's pretty much exactly what I'm working on! Check it: [CENTER][B]Marchhaire's Storylines v.1 - World Championship Wrestling[/B] [IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_koLiYzYp-LI/SSZJeE1J1kI/AAAAAAAABDU/VpqdDoPgNjM/s512/wcw.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This pack, the first of a few, I hope, looks to emulate the storylines of WCW, the good, the bad, and the obscure. Remember the time DDP lost Kimberly to Johnny B. Badd? Remember when Lex Luger turned heel by attacking Ricky Steamboat? Remember when Ric Flair and Steven Regal fought 5 matches back to back under some obscure rules? Maybe not, but you probably remember the nWo, Goldberg, and Sting. What I'd like to do with this first pack is provide 50 storylines, as well as some WCW unique gimmicks, matches, and angles. Here my stats, as of right now: [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Storylines[/B] 39 [B]Completed Storylines[/B] 3 [B]Angles[/B] 0 [B]Gimmicks[/B] 0 [B]Matches[/B] 0[/CENTER][/QUOTE] As you can probably see, this is in its preliminary stages. I anticipate that this'll be done sometime late in December or Early in January. If all goes well, you can expect to see similar packs from WWE, ECW, TNA, and more WCW. There's also a potential for Mexico/Japan/Original Ideas. Speaking of ideas, if you have any, let me know. I'll be stopping by at least once a day with an update. If you've got a WCW Storyline, Angle, Match, or Gimmick to suggest, drop me a line.

Absolutely fantastic, especially with the WCW focus! I grew up with them in the late 90s, ah, memories :cool: Had an unhealthy obsession with Three Count, The Filthy Animals and of course Natural Born Thrillers, fingers crossed they get a look in :)

Looks like an intriguing set of stories here. But since we're on the topic of WCW, is there a chance we could see the Midnight Express vs Dynamic Dudes feud where the Midnights were unwilling to share Jim Cornette's managerial services with the Dudes? Or is that further back than you were intending to go?

[QUOTE=cappyboy;530888]Nope. Would be 91 as I recall which would be after the name change to WCW. Which incidentially is where Online World of Wrestling places the Dudes in The Franchise's profile.[/QUOTE] Well apparently theyre wrong, they were actually already broken up by the year 1990 let alone 1991. They started teaming in NWA 89. By the time they changed to WCW Shane Douglas had gone to WWF for a short while, then came back by 1992 and teamed with Steamboat. But hey whatever nobodys going to complain if it gets included.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;533150]Well apparently theyre wrong, they were actually already broken up by the year 1990 let alone 1991. They started teaming in NWA 89. By the time they changed to WCW Shane Douglas had gone to WWF for a short while, then came back by 1992 and teamed with Steamboat. But hey whatever nobodys going to complain if it gets included.[/QUOTE] Fair enough. After all, they did also call the Dudes "forgettable" despite the feud with the Midnights over Cornette being spread thin. A storyline I remember thinking i hadn't ever seen before and certainly haven't since.

[QUOTE=Nedew;527775]Absolutely fantastic, especially with the WCW focus! I grew up with them in the late 90s, ah, memories :cool: Had an unhealthy obsession with Three Count, The Filthy Animals and of course Natural Born Thrillers, fingers crossed they get a look in :)[/QUOTE] Unhealthy obsession with Three Count? That sentence makes no sense!

How about the storyline with Sid, when he came out and claimed he was like 76 and 0, and then the next week he was like 113 and 0 and so on and so on...that was hilarious, even the announcers would increase his streak by a ridiculous number of matches each show.

• 2 weeks later...
How about the Sting/Vader/Simmons/Jake The Snake Roberts war? The one where Vader wins the title from Sting, but then loses it to Ron Simmons after Simmons wins the number one contendership by having his name pulled out of a hat. You'll have to include Jake Roberts debut attack on Sting and their feud in the same storyline!

[QUOTE=TEWNoob;534557]How about the storyline with Sid, when he came out and claimed he was like 76 and 0, and then the next week he was like 113 and 0 and so on and so on...that was hilarious, even the announcers would increase his streak by a ridiculous number of matches each show.[/QUOTE] Wasn't that the same storyline when Sid proclaimed himself as the Millennium Man? The same one where Goldberg ends Sid's streak?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
its because they factored in house shows... they did just make up numbers a lot, but that was the defense. One thing I hate about TEW is how worthless the house show system and such is. Hopefully if a sequel gets made it can incorporate running angles at house shows and posting them on the internet, or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, hi, hazel. Just wanted to drop in (it's been awhile), and say that this little project is not dead. Far from it. Like a lot of people, I have an unhealthy obsession with WCW, so I've been doing my best to replicate plenty of the stuff that I loved, hated, and questioned during the company's run. I'm glad that some of you have mentioned specific storylines - I've added the Sid one, and am looking into Natural Born Thrillers. Also, the Rodman/Savage angle of awful, David Arquette, Eric Bischoff vs. Jay Leno, and more have been added, along with some Saturday Night goofiness. Anybody remember all those 10 minute draws Lord Steven Regal had with luchadors, or Disco Inferno trying to learn a simple leg lock? Does anybody remember any tag team storylines? Eric Bischoff reportedly hated tag team wrestling, so there's a real shortage of material. Sorry this wasn't done in early Jan. as I said it would be, but you know how things are.

a Here are some storylines I would hope that would get included: -The Dangerous Alliance vs WCW -A Vader/Sting feud please? -The Flair/Vader Storyline leading to starcade '93 -How about Hollywood Blondes vs douglas/steamboat or vs flair/arn? -How about some cruiserweight feuds? rey vs eddie, rey vs malenko, etc...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived