Question for you Veteran’s of WMMA

I know there is a Ranking system for each company in the game, but I’m curious how you guys go about determining who gets a title shot and how you determine who fights who? I like to see how other people’s minds work when it comes to putting title fights together or shows for that matter :D Apologize if this has already been asked

There are four possible systems 1. Rankings System, top ranked fighter gets the fight 2. Spreadsheet system, most people if they have the time to make one use this, as in whoever has the most KO's, would put on a interesting fight against the champ. 3. Entertainment value, whoever puts on the most entertaining fight and exciting fight 4. Level of interest, scroll through the fighters in potential match-ups versus the champ, and see who gives the match that will bring in the most people hope this helps :)

I'm not a vet but I recommend near to none. It really slows down the game for you and often times it messes up the hype for your future top fighters. Say 2 fighters coming out of 2 wins which equate to two fighters getting a winning streak but really one of those wins is just a fluke or against a poor competitor. What happens then is that you're risking your top fighter to be beaten by the guy coming off a fluke and then that guy might lose his next bout and now you have two less hyped fighters when you could've just booked a less skilled fighter against your top fighter to give him more experience until he fully peaks.

[QUOTE=Aceshigh24;529363]How often would you say you guys use the "meeting" button to have the possible matches set up for you?[/QUOTE] I usually only use the meeting button for my main and co-main event fights. Everything else is setup based on different factors. [QUOTE=VTial;529382]I'm not a vet but I recommend near to none. It really slows down the game for you and often times it messes up the hype for your future top fighters. Say 2 fighters coming out of 2 wins which equate to two fighters getting a winning streak but really one of those wins is just a fluke or against a poor competitor. What happens then is that you're risking your top fighter to be beaten by the guy coming off a fluke and then that guy might lose his next bout and now you have two less hyped fighters when you could've just booked a less skilled fighter against your top fighter to give him more experience until he fully peaks.[/QUOTE] That's the nature of the beast and what makes it fun though. Sometimes your up-and-comer gets beat down to can status while sometimes a can actually get promoted to title contender.

Yeah im excited about getting the game guys, my computer crashed last night so ill probably get the game tonight, i played the Demo before the game crashed and im curious what is left out from the full version to the Demo....are we talking like night and day here..... Im going to try all of your suggestions and see which one i like the best

No new features but night and day as in the progress of fighters and their rise and fall. Some good fighters you think are going to dominate, aren't. Some bad fighters will impress. Ex. I had Kingo Watanabe start the game with a 4 fight losing streak and now he's 7-4 (I believe he started the game with either 1 or 2 wins already) Stuff like that. Other interesting features especially if you install the Temporary Patch are upset victories, fighters getting too big for their own camps, Fighters of the Year who lose their next fights, former dominant fighters who you just don't understand how they can prolong their streak suddenly break them and go on a losing streak. *cough* Doug Hansen. Also playing the game full allows you to see the ai organizations more in detail. Balk as WEFF, the easiest promotion to start with throws away their fighters when you don't play them. GAMMA eventually having to compromise signing fighters under a non-exclusive contract because they're all under an organization. Alpha-1 constantly feed their top fighters cans to delay potential match-up problems. BCF allowing has beens in your promotion to get back to a winning streak and more.

Archived