Chinese Democracy

scorpion

You can listen to the album on myspace and I know its already been released in parts of the world. I'm curious as to what people think about it. So far I'm less than impressed, but that maybe that's because I was expecting a more old-school sound. I'm especially curious to hear if anyone really loves it and why.

The song "Shackler's Revenge" is in Rock band 2, and I'm not a fan of it. This is not the same G n' R, and I attribute that fact to lack of Slash. For example, "Shackler's Revenge" has Buckethead playing guitar... I really like G n' R and I really like Buckethead... But, they're not even close to the same as far as style goes! However, the good thing about this album coming out is everyone gets a free Dr. Pepper! :p

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;528380]The song "Shackler's Revenge" is in Rock band 2, and I'm not a fan of it. This is not the same G n' R, and I attribute that fact to lack of Slash. For example, "Shackler's Revenge" has Buckethead playing guitar... I really like G n' R and I really like Buckethead... But, they're not even close to the same as far as style goes! However, the good thing about this album coming out is everyone gets a free Dr. Pepper! :p[/QUOTE] Yeah, all I want is my Dr. Pepper! Also, I listened to it, I wasn't really very thrilled with the first 5 or so songs, but from 6-10 or so were pretty good, and the last couple were pretty lackluster too.

I was actually thinking of making a post like this yesterday. Listened to it last night, and I have to agree, most of it is mediocre. There are a few good songs, everything else fails to live up to the hype. The title song is alright, and so are "I.R.S." and "There Was a Time". The only one I really liked I think was "Riad N' The Bedouins". Here's hoping Slash's solo album will be better than this.

I hate Axl Rose with a passion, but I didn't mind the album too much. I only listened to it on myspace (refuse to pay money for it, but it'll go on my Christmas list :p ), and I'm actually quite annoyed that it's not as terrible as I hoped. I really wanted Axl to fail with this after how long it took to get it out, but if you listen with an open mind and not expecting Guns n' Roses, it's not [I]that[/I] bad really.

There are good comebacks and bad comebacks...this isn't either though. This is Axl Rose having the luck of having the rights to use the name "Guns 'n Roses". The best songs in the past were written by Izzy Stradlin. Once he left, that was pretty much it. Slash had the sound of the band, he's gone too. Listened to it, basically wasn't interested and didn't find it good enough. My collection's for G'nR is complete as far as I'm concerned: Appetite, the Illusions and a couple of singles (Patience, Ain't it fun).

Archived