I'm just wondering what weird or random impulses you get while playing TEW... I personally always want to sign Colossus (Hell's Bouncer) and Gargantuan to make a monster tag team and to push them to the moon... I have no idea why... (Star Power makes me ignore lack of everything else... Am I Vince McMahon?) I also keep finding myself pushing guys without much skill over guys I actually want to be popular... I'm always like "Why am I pushing Lead Belly and Grease Hogg instead of Plague? Why hasn't Brandon Smith won a match in 2 months?" :p (I really am Vince McMahon...)

Giving in to those kind of urges isn't the worst thing, depending on the promotion. With the SWF, you can push pretty much anyone and they'll do okay if they have the overness. You won't get fantastic main events out of them but they won't be awful if their popularity is up.

While not a typical thing, today I had the odd urge to create a local sized hardcore promotion down in Australia. And to import Cousin Tiny from the 97 mod to help fill out this new roster. Just booked my first show with it, and due to good chemistry in the main event I netted myself a D+!

My huge problem is removing somebody from what they were in a previous game. Just because you have success with someone in one game doesn't translate to success in the next one. While I know this I almost always have 12 guys floating around on my roster who i am sure this year will be their "breakout" year

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;528520]I'm just wondering what weird or random impulses you get while playing TEW... I personally always want to sign Colossus (Hell's Bouncer) and Gargantuan to make a monster tag team and to push them to the moon... I have no idea why... (Star Power makes me ignore lack of everything else... Am I Vince McMahon?) :p (I really am Vince McMahon...)[/QUOTE] I will always push anybody with high Menace. Monster Unleashed angles work wonders.

[QUOTE=Condors;528553]My huge problem is removing somebody from what they were in a previous game. Just because you have success with someone in one game doesn't translate to success in the next one. While I know this I almost always have 12 guys floating around on my roster who i am sure this year will be their "breakout" year[/QUOTE] Or sticking with an idea that just isn't working. You start a game with what you think is a great idea - storyline, gimmick, push, tag team, whatever. Its not working but you just refuse to give up on it, because dammit, it was good!

[QUOTE=Mattlore Devious;528593]I always thought a hardcore fed would do well in Australia..[/QUOTE] Its actually not going half bad. I just hit Small and I've started turning a (small) profit. I also started at War with APW for the hell of it, and had Debonair David Peterson end up jumping ship to buy my new promotion. Then him and the Comedian had good chemistry and end up putting on C and C- matches whenever I want them to, more than making up for the fact that the rest of my roster mostly sucks. Still, a fun company to mess with... wonder if I can successfully push people with Menace in it. I do hope so, as I love Hardcore Henderson.

Urges, Urges, that is how I run my promotions. I always end up with Hijo Del Mephisto, Remmy Skye, Gargantuan, Pyromaniac, Raul Darkness and El Sucio. If I must be honest, I have never hired a japanese worker (except Ota but he hasn't worked in Japan for years). And if there is a decent British worker that is available (Excluding U.K itself) I will push him so fast his Appendix wil fall out, then his Liver will be like ; WHAT HAPPENED TO FRANK. Yes Your Liver named your Appendix Frank. (Scrubs reference)

No matter what promotion I'm running, I always have to create a monster heel, or a tag team, or even a stable. And usually my roster has more heels than faces, with the notion that I very rarely play any promotion which has it's face/heel divide set to "Strong".

[QUOTE=The Masked Orange;529882]And if there is a decent British worker that is available (Excluding U.K itself) I will push him so fast his Appendix wil fall out, then his Liver will be like ; WHAT HAPPENED TO FRANK. Yes Your Liver named your Appendix Frank. (Scrubs reference)[/QUOTE] Lmao, awesome...

when playing as TCW or SWF, I can't help but to hire ariel-highflier guys like Acid and Burning Exile and UK Dragon and such. Dunno' Why, Just kind've like to have little guys for my undercard and television matches. and I always try to keep Christian Faith and Jack Bruce and Steve Frehley in some fued with Runaway Train, Vengeance, and Remo... usually just to kill time til i can have bruce turn on faith and have those two go at it.

Archived