United States Pro Wrestling - Bring Out Your Kids!

[B][SIZE=4]Chapter 1 - Rated U[/SIZE][/B] So I'm the new booker of USPW. You want to know how? Sorry, can't tell you. This is family friendly TV, and the reason the last booker had to leave... just accept that you're not going to hear that from anyone in the company. And I'm in the company now, so don't ask me about it. All you need to know is I'm the new booker, and I have no skeletons in my closet. They've made sure about that. December, Week 1. The most important thing for the day was a meeting with Micky Starr. A legend, and a nice guy to boot. The best place to start when finding out about the company. The first things was contracts. Both SWF and TCW had announced the intention of finding new talent, and I knew we had some people that could provide some interest. Micky told me we only had two written contracts - two contracts signed in blood. Owner Danny Jillefski was a given. Until recently he'd been the lead commentator, but with the hiring of Jim Lou Freebrush, he'd declared himself more interested in becoming a manager. The other was Giant Redwood, as Micky put it "a big giant pain in the ass - but the boss likes him, you've got to remember that". I'd remember that - we had to pay Redwood, so I was sure as hell going to use him, one way or another. Everyone else was on PPA deals, and Micky was confident that even if they signed a PPA deal with anyone else, they'd still continue to work for me. However, he said he could see all other Main Eventers (Mr. America, Corporal Doom and Jim Force) could appear in the big leagues. He was sure that Jim Force, our World Champion, would never really make it, but was worried that someone with his ego would willingly give it a go anyway. We moved onto our National Champion Johnny Bloodstone, and I perked up - I'd seen him in the ring, and he was good. Micky Starr agreed, but said that I wasn't the only one who tought he was good. Micky said that he knew there was interest from America and Canada, and he would be surprised if we managed to hold on to him. I would still do my best. Micky then threw around some other names who may attract the attention of bigger promotions, mentioning T-Rex, Mick Muscles, Sheik Mustafa, Danny Rushmore, Darryl Devine, our Tag Team Champions Savage Fury, and managers Emma Chase (aka Easy Emma) and Shane Sneer. Although quite a list, Micky said that there was no chance of them all going. I asked him if any of the big promotions was looking for a quality Road Agent, and Micky smiled, before assuring me that I'd be the first to know. -------------------------------------- I was the first to know. Everyone wanted Micky Starr. Including SWF. Bloodstone was wanted by NOTBPW. More offers were made - Emma Chase and Shane Sneer's were contacted, but they were probably too expensive to keep anyway. Of more worrying news was the news that Corporal Doom was contacted by TCW. Ever aware that I'd have to make some signings myself to balance the roster I made some meeting requests, starting off with a few Brits that I knew from back home. I was also given a goal - don't be in debt in 671 days time. That I can work towards. More popular in my home area in the same time - C+. We'll see! ----------------------------------------- Danny "The Tower of London" Paterson was the first new signing made. Whether he keeps his name (third Danny on the roster) or his disposition really depends on who's left after the dust settles. ----------------------------------------- Micky Starr and Corporal Doom went PPA with SWF! And we are set for our first show, USPW, Rated U, this coming Monday at 8.00pm. Already announced are Jim Force, Johnny Bloodstone, Giant Redwood, and our first announced match, Captain USA vs Mick Muscles! In other news, I managed to catch Joey Minnesota on the phone, but no contract got offered. We did sign Joss Thompson, who's been in the UK recently. He may well pretend to be a Brit, we'll have to wait and see. If we don't lose anyone, we may have to haul in our signing spree. Unless we get any bookers - only Giant Redwood is in my booking team. He asked to be. I wasn't going to say no. ------------------------------------------ Tom E Hawk vs T-Rex has been added to tomorrow nights card, as well as National Champion Johnny Bloodstone defending against Hell Monkey. Sheik Mustafa has joined Micky Starr as a Road Agent, and I've left them to sort out the wrestlers pushes. Less than a week it took them to complain, less than a week!

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Week 2 - Monday We're in the South East, and we're starting off in a very small arena - sold out very small venues always look better than half empty big ones! It's a brand new announce team, with Jim Lou Freebrush joining Micky Starr in the booth, with no sign of former commentator Danny Jillefski. There are no dark matches tonight - I never was good at budgeting, so I'm trying to keep costs low tonight,and then build them up if possible! Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]Tom E Hawk vs T-Rex[/COLOR] Our Native Indian proved to be fodder for T-Rex, who won with the Jurassic Crush in 4.09, far outclassing his opposition. [I][COLOR=Blue]T-Rex beat Tom E Hawk[/COLOR] (C)[/I] Jim Lou Freebush stood up, and thanked the crowd for welcoming him to USPW. He announced that the Main Event tonight would see Johnny Bloodstone defending his title against Hell Monkey (D). Danny Jillefski then came out, to a chorus of boos. He grabbed a mic, and said that just because he wasn't announcing any more, doesn't mean that he's gone. In fact, he has a client, a client who he's going to take to the top, the biggest superstar in wrestling today. With that he announces Giant Redwood, who lumbers down to the ring (C+). Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]Pete the Hillbilly vs Giant Redwood[/COLOR] The Hillbillys came out together, but Jillefski sent Al to the back, saying he wasn't needed tonight. As Pete looked at his partner leaving forlornly, Giant Redwood struck him to the back of his head with a microphone. The match started, and Redwood continued the assault, using fists and elbows to the head. At 1.37 Pete crumpled to the ground, and Redwood easily covered him. [I][COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood beat Pete the Hillbilly[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] After a short pause, the World Champion Jim Force came to the ring, and cut a promo hyping himself up (C+). Unfortunately the crowd were a bit restless, some of them believing that the short pause was an interval. The cameras followed Jim to the back, where he ran into Hell Monkey, and offered him luck for his match tonight (C+). Next out was Captain USA, who cut a quick promo on his opposition for the night, Mick Muscles. He laughed at his opponents lack of intellect and integrity (C), before he made his way out. Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Captain USA vs Mick Muscles[/COLOR] This match was very even, and flowed both way. Mick looked to have the advantage on a tiring Captain USA, but a Hail to the Chief from nowhere got him the pinfall at 7.20. [I][COLOR=Blue]Captain USA beat Mick Muscles[/COLOR] (C)[/I] Mick Muscles was not going to let a tiring Captain USA off the hook, proving he had greater stamina by preceding with a brief post match attack, before storming off (C-). We then see Danny Jillefski backstage, where he sees Jim Force and Hell Monkey chatting together. Danny laughs at them, calling them a bunch of losers, with no hope (C), before heading into Johnny Bloodstone's dressing room. Danny demands that Bloodstone makes Hell Monkey tap out in pain tonight for him. Bloodstone asks why he should do anything for him, where upon Giant Redwood comes up behind him. Bloodstone turns round, before shaking his head, saying he'll do his job. Danny Jillefski walks out with Giant Redwood, as Bloodstone continues to shake his head (C+). Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Johnny Bloodstone (c) vs Hell Monkey[/COLOR] for the National Title Hell Monkey came out first, followed by Johnny Bloodstone, and it seems the news has leaked - he got a number of "You Sold Out Chants", and a title change was well and truly expected. The two went at it hell and leather, Johnny focusing on Monkey's legs, before locking in the Figure Four. Hell Monkey fought out of it, and a Hell Fire Kick brought him the victory at 12.17, and we have a new champion! [I][COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey beat Johnny Bloodstone[/COLOR] for the National Title (C)[/I] After the match Hell Monkey scampered off into the crowd clutching his title, leaving Johnny Bloodstone in the ring. Danny Jillefski came out with Giant Redwood by his side. Danny was furious at Bloodstone's effort, and ordered Redwood to start a beating. This brought out Jim Force, who with the help of Bloodstone forced Giant Redwood over the top rope (C). This left Jim Force in the ring with Johnny Bloodstone, Force applauding the departing worker (C-) Overall Rating C- Attendance 2000

We sold out our arena, and I was optimistic when I went to see the accounts man, Des, to ask how it went. Des was happy - with the low amount of workers used, we'd made a pretty packet. In fact, he was quite surprised how cheap we made the show, and was it really necessary? I agreed, I'd been too worried about the difficulties of smaller promotions like CZCW, and forgot how big we were. I promised that Corporal Doom would be on the next show, to prove viewers he hadn't left. Of course, he would only be a replacement, as Johnny Bloodstone was off to NOTBPW. Micky Starr wasn't too happy with the way the ending of the event went - we treated a heel as a face, and unless you were one of the crowd members who knew it was his farewell ,you'd have been really confused. I promised to not blur these lines again soon. He was also slightly concerned about Giant Redwood - he'd recently been sliding out of the Main Event stage, and now I'd thrust him back in? I told him that Redwood was here to stay, his friendship with Danny Jillefski would see to that. Better to keep them both together, than have to worry about what they're both doing. Overall, the show had hurt us a bit. I wasn't too surprised, but using a few more workers would enable us to put on a few more matches, and I was sure it would improve.

We had a look a Mean Jean Cattley to replace Johnny Bloodstone, as they really were similar wrestlers. However, in the end I decided we didn't need to bring in a technical worker, but decided to keep an eye on him for the future. And then we decided we might need to look again at new workers. Jim Force and T-Rex were offered contracts by the big leagues. That's both TCW and SWF. Don't imagine for a minute they both offered PPA deals. They weren't the only ones. We may have another enforced title change, but Jim Force is currently in a storyline with Giant Redwood. Sure, he's not leaving, but do I really want the title round his waste? We met with Joey Minnesota, and this time offered a contract. Nothing could be agreed though, so he continued with NYCW, surely just waiting for one for the big two. ------------------------------------------------ Announced for tomorrow night: Captain USA vs Mick Muscles - rematch from last week Darryl Devine vs T-Rex Hell Monkey vs Danny Rushmore for the National Title. Jim Force vs Giant Redwood for the World Title. Surely not.

It looks good so far. I hope you don't burn out like I did heh. [b]Captain USA[/b] vs Mick Muscles - rematch from last week I could never find anything for Mick... but I suggest you try and push him, hes pretty good [b]Darryl Devine[/b] vs [b]T-Rex[/b] Both guys will probably be gone from your promotion after SWF and TCW get a hold of them... give it to whover wants it to get the best rating possible. [b]Hell Monkey[/b] vs Danny Rushmore for the National Title. Hell Monkey would have been my pick for the new nat. champion to if I hadn't signed Ota. [b]Jim Force[/b] vs Giant Redwood for the World Title. Just keep an eye on his contract, heh. Not so sure if I dig the Danny Patterson signing, he seems more like a DaVE guy but then again, I signed Brandon in mine.

Cheers ZMAN, I've done a couple of months in advance, so not going to burn out yet! And I discovered Danny Patterson in definately more of a DaVE guy, so has done very little apart from look bad in the family friendly environment at the moment!

[B]Week 3 - Monday[/B] We're in the South West? Surely not thinking of expanding? Just a tiny venue, so lets see how it goes. In the dark match Eric the Bull went over Tom E Hawk in 2.57, before the main show opened. The show opened with the cameras backstage, where Jim Force congratulated Hell Monkey on his National Title victory last week (C-). Out to our first match, and it's Tag Team Titles! Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]The Hillbillys vs Savage Fury[/COLOR] for the Tag Team Titles Our first tag match, and Java pinned Pete the Hillbilly after interference from Tribal Warrior at 6.07. There wasn't much enthusiasm for Pete - but the Hillbillys have never been more than (very large) jobbers. [I][COLOR=Blue]Savage Fury beat The Hillbillys[/COLOR] to retain the Tag Team Titles (D)[/I] After the match Jim Force came down to the ring, carrying his title with a big smile on his face. Before he even got to the ring he was jumped by Giant Redwood (he, uh, sneaked up on him), and rammed into the side of the ring. Redwood dropped an elbow on Force's head (C), when Hell Monkey appeared on the stage. Danny Jillefski urged Redwood away, and then took a mic. He said Hell Monkey should concentrate on his own business, as he'll be making a title defense against Man Mountain Danny Rushmore tonight (D). Hell Monkey really wasn't getting the reaction we hoped from our new National Champion. Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs Corporal Doom[/COLOR] Corporal Doom made his comeback, against the debuting "Brit" Joss Thompson, who seemed to be using a Teen Idol gimmick. Doom made short work of his opponent, pinning him at 4.07 [I][COLOR=Blue]Corporal Doom beat Joss Thompson[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] We went backstage to where Jim Force was being attended to after the assault. He seemed livid, and vowed that Giant Redwood would pay later tonight in the ring when they go on one on one (C+). Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey vs Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] for the National Title A fairly even contest swung Hell Monkey's way after an inverted DDT, which almost bought him the victory. Rushmore managed to roll out of the ring, and brought back in a chair, clocking Hell Monkey over the head with it, leaving to the inevitable disqualification. The ref just about managed to restrain Rushmore before any more damage was done. [I][COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey beat Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] by DQ to retain the National Title (D)[/I] Captain USA was backstage, and got on the mic to vow to make up for Mick Muscles cowardly post match attack last week (C+). Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Darryl Devine vs T-Rex[/COLOR] Who would guess that T-Rex was leaving after he lost this match. He didn't want to lose it, but he sure as hell was going to. Darryl Devine won with a Devine Drop at 6.17, but quite frankly you could see why his opponent was going to SWF, not him. [I][COLOR=Blue]Darryl Devine beat T-Rex[/COLOR] (C)[/I] Danny Jillefski comes down to the stage, and starts to goad Jim Force about his beating at the hands of Giant Redwood. Jim Force came down to the ring, and it looked as if sparks were going to fly, as the two started pushing each other around. However, a combination of refs, commentators and Hell Monkey kept the two apart, Hell Monkey and Jim Lou Freebrush insisting Jim Force saves his efforts for later (C). Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Captain USA vs Mick Muscles[/COLOR] The series went to 1-1 here, when Mick Muscles got in an illegal low blow, and then rolled Captain USA up at 4.31. [I][COLOR=Blue]Mick Muscles beat Captain USA[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Before the Main Event, Danny Jillefski comes out, and addresses Jim Lou Freebrush. Jillefski said that Freebrush has nothing to do with wrestling, and should never have been in the ring tonight between himself and Jim Force, and demands that he leaves his spot. He begrudgingly does so, and Danny Jillefski takes his seat. Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Jim Force vs Giant Redwood[/COLOR] for the USPW World Title Yes, Jim Force is leaving the company for SWF. Yes, Giant Redwood went over him. Yes, I may regret this. Jim Force did his best to sell his injuries from earlier, and Redwood battered him around. Danny Jillefksi proved the final distraction as Giant Redwood scored with a headbutt, and covered for the victory. [I][COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood beat Jim Force[/COLOR] for the USPW World Title (C)[/I] Postmatch Jim Lou Freebrush rushed out from the back, and got into an argument with Danny Jillefski, which quickly ended when Giant Redwood battered him from behind with is new belt (C-). [I]Overall Rating C-[/I]

We attracted 844 people, which for the area, combined with the show rating, wasn't too bad. Yep, I didn't do the show in our home state, as I knew it wouldn't be the best ever! And I now had the problem of having the World Title over the shoulder of someone even less talented than Jim Force, and with far less charisma. Yep, that may have been a bad move. It may also have been a bad idea jobbing T-Rex out to Darryl Devine. He may not be around to much longer. Jim Lou Freebrush is also leaving (hence the rather boring post match angle), to NOTBPW.

So far, TCW hasn't been able to agree terms with Darryl Devine, so there's hope. They have signed Joey Minnesota, so I'm glad I never wasted a down payment on him. And we've made a signing. And this one's actually known in America! And we've got a hastily arranged show on Saturday night. Yes, I'm using and abusing my wrestlers before I leave. And? Announced: Hell Monkey vs Danny Rushmore for the National Title Darryl Devine has issued an open challenge Captain USA vs Mick Muscles in a Number One Contenders Match for the USPW Title Jim Force vs Giant Redwood for the USPW World Title

Saturday: We're back at home in the South East, in a sold out very small arena. No dark matches, we're straight into it. Young Brit Joss Thompson comes down to the crowd, microphone in hand, and issues a challenge for someone to face him tonight. Out from the back comes T-Rex (C-)! Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs T-Rex[/COLOR] T-Rex is leaving. Joss Thompson isn't, and I'm lacking established faces. Guess who won at 5.33, despite not looking that good? [I][COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson beat T-Rex[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] We went up to the announce booth, where Danny Jillefski has taken back his seat now that Jim Lou Freebrush is leaving. He calls out Jim Force, and says that Giant Redwood will only give him a title rematch tonight if it's a loser leaves town match. Jim Force comes out, and says that he accepts - he will force Giant Redwood out of the promotion tonight (C+). Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]The Hillbillys vs The Axis of Evil [/COLOR] (Corporal Doom and Sheik Mustafa) Corporal Doom returned last week, his partner Sheik Mustafa returned this week, the two made short work of perennial jobbers The Hillybillys, who look as if they need a new gimmick. Doom pinned Al at 4.18. [I][COLOR=Blue]The Axis of Evil beat The Hillbillys[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Backstage we went, and we saw the National Champion, but there was something different about him. Hell Monkey still had his mask, but was now wrapped in white robes, and looked to be practicing Martial Arts. Uh oh, WrestleCrap here we come - he's a Ninja Monkey! Jim Force offers him good luck for tonight, looking slightly confused at the new look, and Hell Monkey bows in response (C+). Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey vs Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] for the National Title This match wasn't great last week, and it wasn't great this week either. At least Hell Monkey won cleanly this time at 6.49. [I][COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey beat Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] to retain the National Title (D)[/I] After the match Danny Rushmore made his way to the back, leaving Hell Monkey in the ring alone. From nowhere, Cherry Bomb jumped the barrier and slid into the ring, and started attacking Hell Monkey. She used a few top rope moves before two refs split them up (C+). From the back emerged Darryl Devine, asking what was going on. This attack was eating into his time, where he would find who would accept his challenge. Cherry Bomb was grabbed a mic, and said that as she was in the ring, she accepts his challenge (C-) Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Darryl Devine vs Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] Looks like Darryl Devine signed that contract with TCW. Cherry Bomb hit a Corkscrew Moonsault from the top rope for the victory at 5.41. [I][COLOR=Blue]Cherry Bomb beat Darryl Devine[/COLOR] (D)[/I] After the match, Cherry Bomb got back on the mic, and said that she was here to make her impact on USPW. She was here for a title, and Hell Monkey's National Title looked just the job for her (C+). They moved backstage where Mick Muscles was bench pressing a large weight, in preparation for his Number One Contenders match with Captain USA. Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Captain USA vs Mick Muscles[/COLOR] Captain USA won the rubber match with a Hail to the Chief at 4.40, leaving Mick Muscles looking remarkable peeved. [I][COLOR=Blue]Captain USA beat Mick Muscles[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] We got a video of Jim Force and Giant Redwood, before our Loser Leaves Town Match! Match 6: [COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood vs Jim Force[/COLOR] for the USPW World Title Well, it doesn't take a genius to work out who won this won. Jim Force jobbed gracefully at just 3.37, and then disappeared into the night. [I][COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood beat Jim Force[/COLOR] to retain the USPW World Title (C)[/I] [I]Overall Rating C-[/I]

We sold out again, but we weren't putting on quite the show that our home town was expecting. Without Jim Force, we now only really had Captain USA as a Main Event Face, which could prove an issue. Darryl Devine confirmed he was leaving to TCW. On the plus side, Cherry Bomb debuted, and cut a wicked promo, although her match didn't quite live up to expectations. But we're making money, so may be able to afford another new name. There's also plan to start using Emma Chase (aka Easy Emma), who is on the roster. -------------------------------------------- We actually entered into negotiations with Big Cat Brendon, and he made it clear he was interested. However, we made another signing, and interest in the Cat have been put on hold, if not shelved.

2006 January, Week 1 Has the dust settled? USPW entered 2006 richer than a month before, but not being able to pull out top notch shows, and now Jim Force, T-Rex and Darryl Devine had gone, along with the early loss of Johnny Bloodstone. Two weeks without a show, so Thursday it is this week. Announced matches: Hell Monkey vs Sheik Mustafa

Well, I'm back on my proper computer, using Word rather than WordPad, so hopefully the horrible spelling and grammar errors that have occurred so far will stop. Let's not book a show on a Thursday, eh? Not when Captain America and our new signing are going to choose CGC over us. This is not the card we wanted, but let’s see what happens. Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]Tom E Hawk vs Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] This match was rubbish, but Cherry Bomb won at 4.41. Next! [I][COLOR=Blue]Cherry Bomb beat Tom E Hawk [/COLOR] (E)[/I] After the match Cherry Bomb forced Tom E Hawk out of the ring, and then proceeded to bounce around the ring, showing off her athletic ability. It seemed to impress the crowd, before she left the ring (C+). Backstage, and we were with Emma Chase, who seems to have become infatuated with Joss Thompson. She was literally drooling over him, as he looked uncomfortable accepting her offer of her becoming his manager. She says that she's got some help, and introduces Mr Patterson, who is huge! Joss looks impressed at this help (B). Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]The Hillbillys and Cheetah Boy vs Savage Fury and Corporal Doom[/COLOR] Yeah, this match wasn't on the card when I thought we had the full roster. I'm just glad that I didn't announce more matches. Unbelievably, this match dragged out to 10.41, when Corporal Doom hit the Corporal Punishment on Al the Hillbilly. To say the competitors were tiring would be an understatement. [I][COLOR=Blue]Savage Fury and Corporal Doom beat The Hillbillys and Cheetah Boy[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Backstage, and Emma Chase went up to Joss Thompson, eager to announce that she's got him a match yet. Joss seemed excited, until Emma announced he'd be teaming with Mr Patterson against Mick Muscles and Giant Redwood (C). Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Mr Patterson and Joss Thompson vs Giant Redwood and Mick Muscles[/COLOR] Yeah, this match also wasn't on the card, and looked very awkward. Giant Redwood got the pin on Mr. Patterson at 8.41. Surely that's no way to build up a new wrestler? [I][COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood and Mick Muscles beat Mr Patterson and Joss Thompson[/COLOR] (D)[/I] As Emma Chase led her losing team to the back, they went past Cherry Bomb, who laughed at them, calling them a ramshackle team with no hope. Emma Chase tried to defend Joss Thompson, drooping herself over him, but Cherry Bomb just walked away laughing (B-). We then went to Hell Monkey who cut a 3 minute interview hyping the Main Event against Sheik Mustafa (C-). Yes, these segments are longer than planned. Ooops. Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey vs Sheik Mustafa[/COLOR] for the National Title Guess what - this match went on too long! It wasn't bad, but no-one had any doubt that Hell Monkey would win, and he did with a Hell Fire Kick at 8.31. [I][COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey beat Sheik Mustafa[/COLOR] to retain the National Title (C-)[/I] After the match Cherry Bomb appeared on stage, and said that Hell Monkey's time was up. It was time to give her a title shot, so the company could have a true champion. Hell Monkey agreed, and at the next show (coming soon, not on a Thursday), it will be Hell Monkey vs Cherry Bomb for the National Title (C)! [I]Overall Rating D[/I]

Ooops. Oh, you wanted more analysis than that? Well, let’s see - we got a D! That wouldn't have mattered so much if we'd taken it out of area, but we're hurting our home town popularity here. Mr Patterson (formerly Danny Patterson) wasn't meant to wrestle tonight, and it showed, and we asked some of our older wrestlers to wrestle for far too long. On the plus side Emma Chase and Cherry Bomb are working out well for angles, let’s just hope that Cherry Bomb starts improving her matches. We did sell out again, but there's no way everyone went home happy. Oh, and Mick Muscles has also signed PPA with CGC. Better make sure we never clash again, although last nights show was their only one scheduled for a Thursday this year. We're going to stick to Thursday for next week. Announced matches: Hell Monkey vs Cherry Bomb for the National Title Captain USA vs Danny Rushmore Hell's Bouncer signed with TCW. Pity, we'd had our eye on him.

Week 2: Okay, we're sticking in the South East, looking to sell out a very small venue again. Micky Starr's missing tonight, so lets hope Danny Jillefski and Hell Monkey can keep the order in the locker-room. We had a dark match, but lets pretend we didn't (Eric the Bull beat Cheetah Boy - F). Emma Chase will take up the colour commentary position this evening, and the first thing she does is introduce her client Joss Thompson for his match (C). Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs Sheik Mustafa[/COLOR] Hell Monkey Road Agented this one, and the match came out quite well, Joss Thompson rolling up Sheik Mustafa as he was distracted by Emma Chase's shrieking at 4.35. [I][COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson beat Sheik Mustafa[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] We went backstage Danny Jillefski had popped out and bumped into Mick Muscles. Jillefski said that just because Mick wasn't booked tonight, doesn't that he can't make an impact, against an enemy of them both (C+). We then get an interview by Captain USA, saying that he is ready as Number One contender for Giant Redwood, and can't wait to face him for the title (C+). He then comes out for his match. Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]Captain USA vs Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] Sheik Mustafa did the honours for this one, in which Captain USA dominated. After a ref bump, Mick Muscles came out and attacked Captain USA, but he nevertheless won with a Hail to the Chief at 5.48. [I][COLOR=Blue]Captain USA beat Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Mick Muscles re-entered the ring after the match and continued his attack, smiling at Danny Jillefski all the time (C-) Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Mr. Patterson vs Giant Redwood[/COLOR] in a non-title match. Corporal Doom did the honours. Squash (1.48). No selling. You could tell that Corporal Doom was involved. [I][COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood beat Mr Patterson[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] We went out back, and Corporal Doom was smiling at a monitor. He then started to go on about his life in the army to anyone who would listen, saying that no civvies understood the work that he put in for the good of the world. Jungle Jack walks by to debut, saying that he's done his time in the army, and Corporal Doom gives it a bad rep. As the argument continues, they agree to settle it in the ring next (C+)! Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack vs Corporal Doom[/COLOR] Sheik Mustafa was on Road Agenting Duty, and ensured that a good match was pulled out. It went back and forth, but Jungle Jack won with the Jack Hammer at 7.36, over a tiring Corporal Doom. [I][COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack beat Corporal Doom[/COLOR] (C+)[/I] After the match Jungle Jack decided to go and celebrate with the fans, which seemed to go down well (C+) We just had the Main Event left, and Cherry Bomb came out first. Emma Chase stopped her, and tried to do an interview, but the two girls just bitched at each other until Cherry Bomb turned away and slid into the ring (C+). Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey vs Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] for the National Title Sheik Mustafa was on duty once more, which in turns out was never officially for the title, as it's male only. I may have to talk to the owners and see if I can get that changed. The crowd were firmly behind Hell Monkey who pinned Cherry Bomb after she missed a Moonsault. [I][COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey beat Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Cherry Bomb stormed out the ring, and got as far as the announce table. She glared at Emma Chase, before issuing a resounding slap that echoed throughout the arena. The two squared off, before Hell Monkey got between the two while Joss Thompson dragged Emma Chase away (C). [I]Overall rating C[/I]

Our best show, but still not really good enough. We did sell out, and the stand-in Road Agents did well. I tried all I could, but there was no way to make Cherry Bomb eligible for the National Title. Then I noticed the modify title button. Hmmm, when I said “I tried all I could earlier”, I may have been in error. However, I’ve thought of a way around it, and I’ll play out that storyline in the next few weeks. We haven't dropped from C+ popularity in the South East yet, but surely it won’t be long. Announced for next week show: Jungle Jack vs Mick Muscles Giant Redwood vs Captain USA for the USPW World Title

Week 3: We're in the South East, and Danny Jillefski and Emma Chase are at the announce table and call a poor dark match which saw Cherry Bomb defeat Tom E Hawk (D). Suddenly out came Micky Starr to huge applause! He takes the mic, and says that he had a word with the shareholders, and he's out to take back his seat at the announce table. Danny Jillefski starts to usher Emma away, when Micky cuts him off. Micky says that his instructions are to replace Danny Jillefski. He protests, before eventually ripping his headphones off and leaving the arena (C+). Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]The Hillbillys vs Danny Rushmore and Eric the Bull[/COLOR] Danny Rushmore beat Pete the Hillbilly at a mere 3.47, and no-one wanted it to last any longer. [I][COLOR=Blue]Danny Rushmore and Eric the Bull beat The Hillbillys[/COLOR] (D)[/I] Cherry Bomb came out, and said that she wanted another shot at the USPW title. Emma Chase came down from the announce table, papers in hand, with a smile on her face. She was visibly happy to tell Cherry Bomb that she was not eligible for the National Title, as it was a male only title. Cherry Bomb said she's see about that, and stormed off (C+). Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]Savage Fury vs Brit Affect [/COLOR] (Joss Thompson and Mr Patterson) for the Tag Team Titles Emma Chase revealed that she had got her clients a tag title shot, but they were unsuccessful, in part due to Cherry Bomb interfering and attacking Joss Thompson. This allowed Java to pin him at 5.31, while Cherry directed a smile towards Emma Chase. [I][COLOR=Blue]Savage Fury beat Brit Affect[/COLOR] (D)[/I] After the match Cherry Bomb leapt back into the ring, and attacked the Brits with help from Savage Fury. Hell Monkey came out to make the save, sending Cherry Bomb from the ring (D). Danny Jillefski reappeared and said that Hell Monkey should concentrate on later, as he's out to inform him that he's got to find a partner to take on The Axis of Evil later tonight (C). Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack vs Mick Muscles[/COLOR] Jungle Jack did his best to help Mick Muscles here, but he still came out looking poor, and was pinned at 7.31 after a Jack Hammer. [I][COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack beat Mick Muscles[/COLOR] (C+)[/I] The Axis of Evil come down to the ring, before Hell Monkey comes out for the next match. He introduces his partner, a debuting Morpheus (C+)! [COLOR=Blue]Match 4: Hell Monkey and Morpheus vs The Axis of Evil[/COLOR] This match went on for too long for the veteran team, who where mighty tired by the end of the match, where Morpheus beat Sheik Mustafa with a Neckbreaker at 10.37. [I][COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey and Morpheus beat The Axis of Evil[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] We've got less than ten minutes left, but still Captain USA gets a chance to cut a promo on Giant Redwood (C+) before their match. Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood vs Captain USA[/COLOR] for the USPW World Title Well... short. And it looked as if Captain USA might win when he went for a Hail to the Chief, but Mick Muscles ran in to attack him, causing a DQ finish at 3.46. [I][COLOR=Blue]Captain USA beat Giant Redwood[/COLOR] by DQ (C)[/I] After the match Mick Muscles left the ring, celebrating his impact (C). [I]Overall Rating C[/I]

We sold out - good. We're stabilizing on a C rated show - good. American Buffalo signed at the last minute and debuted under his old guise of Morpheus - good. The show made money again - good. But still, we're just waiting for our home state popularity to go down a grade, and we can't really afford this. We're still looking at a few more signings, hopefully wrestlers who can last a bit longer in the ring! The month went on - we ran no show in week 4, and made one signing. We tried to sign Donnie J, but he was asking too much, especially considering he really didn't fit in with the rest of the roster. Will tightness be my downfall? Oz Lord failed a drugs test. Just as well I don't need a ref. Micky Starr re-signed for another 9 months.

[B]February, Week 1[/B] DAVE had a show on Monday, so we'd stick with Thursday this week, although next week that would clash with an SWF PPV. It's unknown whether any new signings will debut, but we have two matches announced: Captain USA vs Mick Muscles Hell Monkey, Joss Thompson and Mr Patterson vs Cherry Bomb and the Axis of Evil

We're very small in the South East - you know the drill. Did these matches before the venue update, so you’ve got to put up with “very small” for a while! I'm not going to tell you about the dark matches, 'cause if you don't turn up you don't get to see who's soon to debut (it got a C-, and it wasn't down to the defeated Cheetah Boy). We still have Mickey Starr and Emma Chase commentating, but there's rumours that may change soon. There's a change of ref for today - Baby Jamie has been taking his place as a backstage worker, but now he gets a chance to swap and prove his skills as a ref. And our first match features two debuts, and it's not the regular brawling style we're used to at USPW. Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]American Dragon vs Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] Not enough time for the crowd to really see these guys gimmicks, but they seemed happy with the match that they saw. The winner was never really in doubt, as Ota made Elemental tap at 6.57 to a variation neck lock, which I hope he names soon. [I][COLOR=Blue]Fumihiro Ota beat American Dragon[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Jungle Jack came down to the ring and challenged Giant Redwood for the USPW Title at the next show. Danny Jillefski came out and said he could have the shot today, but only if he first came through a match right now with Danny Rushmore (C). Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack vs Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] These guys didn't click at all, but fortunately it was kept short, and the crowd are really behind Jungle Jack, and he won once more with a Jack Hammer at 3.47. [I][COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack beat Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] (C)[/I] Within moments Giant Redwood had hit the ring, and somehow came up behind Jungle Jack without him noticing. What gives? A title over the back of Jack's head sent him sprawling to the floor, and a post match beating ensued (C+). It was some beating, and Jungle Jack was taken out on a stretcher, leaving Danny Jillefski no option but to give Giant Redwood the night off without defending his title (C+). Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Savage Fury vs Blue Pill [/COLOR] (Morpheus and Puerto Rican Power) for the Tag Team Titles Morpheus found a tag team partner in the shape of Puerto Rican Power, and these guys both came out in Matrix shades - yep, it's their gimmick. And they're in for a push. I booked Savage Fury for their most significant match yet - them losing the titles, as Morpheus used the mighty neckbreaker to finish off Tribal Warrior at 9.47. [I][COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill beat Savage Fury [/COLOR] (C) to win the Tag Team Titles[/I] Blue Pill deserved their minute celebration in the ring (C), before leaving and being replaced by Cherry Bomb. She cut a promo on Emma Chase and Hell Monkey, saying that she will find a way to get hold of Monkey's title, one way or another (C+). Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey, Joss Thompson and Mr Patterson vs Cherry Bomb, Corporal Doom and Sheik Mustafa[/COLOR] Well, this match was interesting. Mickey Starr was given 9 instructions, including overbooking the match to compensate for the odd mix of skills and experience. Cherry Bomb pinned Joss Thompson at 8.37 after Corporal Doom got in an unseen clothesline - but even this was too long for the ageing Axis of Evil. [I][COLOR=Blue]Cherry Bomb and The Axis of Evil beat Hell Monkey and Brit Affect[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Time for a quick promo, and as always we can rely on Captain USA, who says this is it with Mick Muscle tonight. He will beat him tonight, and teach him to never interfere in his business again (C+). Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Captain USA vs Mick Muscles[/COLOR] Yadaa, yadaa, yadaa, Hail to the Chief at 5.43, end of feud, way to establish new stars. Not. [I][COLOR=Blue]Captain USA beat Mick Muscles[/COLOR] (C)[/I] [I]Overall Rating C-[/I]

That would have been a solid C, but it was a bit lacking in the angles. that was a pity, because the matches were actually quite good (for USPW). Oh well, we sold out again! Puerto Rican Power will be regularly teaming with Morpheus - you may have guessed by their Tag Title win. American Elemental and Ota bring in another element, and as the crowd enjoyed their match may see themselves being regularly used. SWF, DAVE and TCW are getting new TV shows. We're not though.

[QUOTE=eayragt]Hmmm, maybe he's due one. Of course he can't wrestle for much longer than Giant Redwood, so maybe that's why.[/QUOTE] Yeah but you'd think he'd have gotten one for winning the SWF title at least. Besides, how non threatening a name is Corporal Doom? The poor guy doesn't even have command responsibilities. At least make the guy a Sargent.

Archived