United States Pro Wrestling - Bring Out Your Kids!

Week 2 With a PPV from CGC this week (who seem to be sharing half our roster at the moment), we have a week off, but we'll be back on Monday next week, with the card as follows so far: Blue Pill vs Savage Fury for the Tag Team Titles Joss Thompson vs Cherry Bomb Hell Monkey vs Fumihiro Ota in a non-title match Jungle Jack vs Captain USA vs Giant Redwood for the USPW World Title USPW wishes luck to Lee Wright who was rushed to hospital last week after a suspected drugs overdose.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Week 3 - Monday Very small, South East, sold out once more! Alan Foster, just 18, gave good colour commentary in the dark match (new signing - I'm not telling!), rated C, before we got to the main show. Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]Mr Patterson vs Mick Muscles[/COLOR] Emma Chase replaced Alan Foster in the booth, and does nothing to help Mr Patterson - seems she's far more interested in Joss Thompson. Mick Muscles wins in 3.49. [I][COLOR=Blue]Mick Muscles beat Mr Patterson[/COLOR] (D)[/I] Backstage and USPW World Champion Giant Redwood is shown scratching his head, looking at a mag. Captain USA looks over his shoulder, and declares that the answer's New York, causing Redwood to throw the mag down and storm off (C). Captain USA then cuts a quick promo on how he'll finally take the title tonight (C+). Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]American Elemental vs Dark Angel[/COLOR] Cliff Wilson debuts as Dark Angel, against one of last week’s debutants, American Dragon (now renamed properly). However, the partnership was awkward - in fact, it was going to be interesting to see if Wilson clicked with anyone on the roster. He won at 4.37 with a Super Kick. [I][COLOR=Blue]Dark Angel beat American Elemental[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] We go backstage, and Giant Redwood reaches the canteen. He tries to open a jar, but has difficulty, until he crushes it in his hands. He looks frustrated when Jungle Jack comes up and pops a jar open. Redwood flings his food over the canteen and stomps off, mumbling under his breath (C+). Jungle Jack then announces that he's fully fit after he was attacked two weeks ago, and there's no chance of Giant Redwood winning tonight (C+). Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill vs Savage Fury[/COLOR] for the Tag Team Titles Savage Fury get a rematch from last time, but it's too no avail, PRP getting the pin on Tribal Warrior at 6.54. [I][COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill beat Savage Fury[/COLOR] (C) to retain the Tag Team Titles[/I] Cherry Bomb is out back ready for her match, when Shane Sneer comes up to her, holding papers in his hand. They have a quick discussion, where the phrases "Hell Monkey" and "National Title" are mentioned, before Cherry Bomb comes out for her match, for a change, smiling (C+). Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] Emma Chase came down to the ring to support Joss Thompson, but to no avail as Cherry Bomb got the win at 5.15 with the Cherry Popper. [I][COLOR=Blue]Cherry Bomb beat Joss Thompson[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] After the match Cherry Bomb got on the mic, and said that she understands that she can not become National Champion. However, she can get possession of the National Title. As Micky Starr asks what the difference is, Cherry Bomb continues by challenging Hell Monkey for possession of the National Title next week (C) Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey vs Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] in a non-title match Great match - probably appreciated more by purer fans than those watching this show. Back and forth action, eventually won with a Tumbling Monkey from our resident Ninja Monkey. Best match yet at USPW! [I][COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey beat Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] (B-)[/I] Afterwards Hell Monkey got on the mic and said that he doesn't know the difference being winning the title and winning possession of it, but he accepts the challenge (C+) The camera's suddenly rushed backstage, where Giant Redwood has Captain USA held up against the wall with one hand, and had his right hand back ready to strike. Jungle Jack rushed in for the save, pulling back Redwood's arm, his two opponents teaming up before the Main Event (C)! Match 6: [COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack vs Captain USA vs Giant Redwood[/COLOR] for the USPW World Title Jack and USA teamed up too throw Giant Redwood out of the ring, before going at it too each other. They exchanged body blows, with Jungle Jack getting the advantage, and hitting the Jack Hammer. Giant Redwood grabbed Jack's ankles, and dragged him out of the ring, and threw him into the crowd. Redwood then re-entered the ring, and easily covered the motionless Captain USA. [I][COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood beat Captain USA and Jungle Jack[/COLOR] to retain the USPW World Title (C+)[/I] [I]Overall Rating C+[/I]

At last! A show that didn't damage the company! Helped by a good Main Event, and great support from Hell Monkey and Fumihiro Ota. And I mean GREAT support. That match deserved true appreciation, but didn't really get it from the crowd. I decided to have a talk to Micky Starr, and he suggested that fans we were aiming at would never truly appreciate a match as good as the one that we saw between the two men. I floated the idea of changing style, but Starr disagreed vehemently - he may have a point, Giant Redwood is our champion. He reminded me that Hell Monkey and Fumihiro Ota still just pulled out the greatest match rating we've ever had, so it's not as if we can't still do matches like that. Also slightly worrying was Cliff Wilson's (Dark Angel) style. It's not as if I didn't know this was going to be a problem - I've pulled out of signing him 3 times as I didn't think he'd fit in. However, he's been churning out quality matches throughout Canada, and I felt I had to have some of the action. If only I can now make best use of him, without just having to job him out to help out with overness. Announced for next Monday: Joss Thompson vs Dark Angel Captain USA vs Corporal Doom Blue Pill vs Mick Muscles and Danny Rushmore for the Tag Team Titles Hell Monkey vs Cherry Bomb for possession of the National Title

Week 4 - Monday In the South East, sold out 2000 people! Two dark matches (D and C+, you might see this second one in a main show soon), before we're to the real thing. Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]Cheetah Boy vs Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] Ota gets reward for match of the promotion by getting a squash here, making Cheetah Boy tap out at 4.01. [I][COLOR=Blue]Fumihiro Ota beat Cheetah Boy[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Shane Sneer comes out tonight, and explains to the crowd the Main Event, which will see Hell Monkey go against Cherry Bomb for possession of the National Title. Sneer explains that although Hell Monkey will remain National Champion whatever, if Cherry Bomb wins tonight she will have the right to carry around the belt (C+). Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack vs Eric the Bull[/COLOR] Two squashes in a row. At least some of the original USPW roster is being used with the newcomers. Jack Hammer at 2.48 - Eric the Bull looked rubbish, but fortunately Jack looked great. [I][COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack beat Eric the Bull[/COLOR] (C)[/I] As Jungle Jack celebrated, Giant Redwood hit the ring, proudly holding his title right in Jack's face. The two argued, before Jack was taken down with the belt to the head, before Redwood rolled out of the ring, laughing (C). Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs Dark Angel[/COLOR] A better match up for Dark Angel than last week, as the two worked much better together. Emma Chase didn't come to the ring with Joss Thompson - it looks as if that short relationship has been broken up. Dark Angel won after a swinging neckbreaker at 6.33. [I][COLOR=Blue]Dark Angel beat Joss Thompson[/COLOR] (C)[/I] Out back with Jungle Jack, and he was ranting about Giant Redwood, wondering when he was going to be given a one on one chance for the title (C+). Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill vs Mick Muscles and Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] for the Tag Team Titles This match got violent, as chairs were brought in after a ref bump. Danny Rushmore was viscously assaulting Morpheus with a chair, when Muscles pulled him off. The two argued, while Morpheus managed to crawl away to tag in Puerto Rican Power, who got the roll up on Mick Muscles to retain at 5.46. [I][COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill beat Mick Muscles and Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] to retain the Tag Team Titles (C)[/I] Muscles and Rushmore continued to argue after the match - an argument that was ended by four hard chair shots by Rushmore on Muscles, leaving a young crowd shocked (D). Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Captain USA vs Corporal Doom[/COLOR] A back and forth match was ruined when Sheik Mustafa interfered on behalf of Corporal Doom at 4.56, causing a DQ. [I][COLOR=Blue]Captain USA beat Corporal Doom[/COLOR] by DQ (C)[/I] Corporal Doom and Sheik Mustafa continued the attack after the match, when Whistler rushed down the ramp, American Flag over his shoulder. A few swings of the flag soon cleared the ring of the heels, leaving just the two patriots in the ring (C). With just the Main Event left, Cherry Bomb was the first out. She got on the mic, and proclaimed that she would win possession of the title tonight, and then ensure that Hell Monkey would never be able to get his hands back on the title (C+). Match 6: [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey vs Cherry Bomb[/COLOR] for possession of the National Title These two matched up again, and this was a match that could have gone either way. The two exchanged submission holds, Cherry Bomb only just reaching the ropes after a crossface hold. As the ref pulled Hell Monkey off Cherry Bomb hit a low blow to Monkey, leaving him completely vulnerable for the Cherry Popper, and the pin at 8.01. [I][COLOR=Blue]Cherry Bomb beat Hell Monkey[/COLOR] for possession of the National Title (C)[/I] [I]Overall Rating C[/I]

Well, with so many non-competitive matches, I wasn't expecting anything more than a C. The interesting thing to see now is what will become of the National Title, now it's "held" and "possessed" by two different people. The addition if Whistler to the roster should provide able support to Captain USA, with the two pro-American's providing good storyline possibilities. Mick Muscles performed a successful turn, and will now work as a face.

Anyone want to know USPW's worst signing so far? That'd be Cliff Wilson (Dark Angel). We ummed and erred over signing him, before finally doing it. However, last night he suffered a Major Concussion against Dan Stone Jr for NOTBPW, challenging for the Canadian Title, in what was an A rated match. He's expected to be out for over a year, by which time his contract will have well run out. On other notes, I've just had a look through the overness of some of our guys. Looks as if we're damaging the overness of wrestlers such as Captain USA and Sheik Mustafa. Ooops. One more show this month, and it's coming this Friday, and we're moving to New York. One match announced, and it's a big one: Giant Redwood vs Jungle Jack for the USPW World Title

Friday - We're in New York, in some tiny venue somewhere. Bit of a horrible dark match (E), before the main show. Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] Yep, Emma Chase really has nothing to do with Joss Thompson any more. A good, technical match, before Ota gets the pinfall at 7.47. [I][COLOR=Blue]Fumihiro Ota beat Joss Thompson[/COLOR] (C)[/I] Jungle Jack was out the back, and proclaimed that he was happy to finally have a one on one match with Giant Redwood. And to make sure it was a fair match, the match would take place with normal rules, but would take place inside a cage! A tag match was up first, but due to the competitors squabbles last week, there was almost a brawl before the bell went (D), before the ref settled it down and the match started. Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey and Mick Muscles vs Cherry Bomb and Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] Cherry Bomb came down with the National Title Belt, Hell Monkey's still the champion. What's going on? Danny Rushmore let the team down tonight, with a bit of a poor show, and was pinned after a Hell Fire Kick from Hell Monkey at 6.55. [I][COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey and Mick Muscles beat Cherry Bomb and Danny Rushmore[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] After the match Shane Sneer came out, and announced that according to the rules of USPW, the National Title will not be defended while its ownership is split. He will announce next week what his client, Cherry Bomb, will do to rectify the situation (C+). Backstage and we were with Captain USA and Whistler, who were going to tag together tonight as American Patriots. They cut a promo on their opponents for the night, former champions Savage Fury (C+). Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]American Patriots vs Savage Fury[/COLOR] Unsurprisingly the American Patriots won their debut tag match, Captain USA getting in a Hail to the Chief on Tribal Warrior at 5.36. [I][COLOR=Blue]American Patriots beat Savage Fury[/COLOR] (C)[/I] After that match the Tag Champions Morpheus and Puerto Rican Power came out, and got their first piece of mic time. They hyped up their match with the Axis of Evil, and did a good job of it (C+). Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill vs Axis of Evil[/COLOR] for the Tag Team Titles At 6.06 PRP got the pinfall on Sheik Mustafa to retain the titles, with Corporal Doom not looking at his best. [I][COLOR=Blue]Blue Pill beat Axis of Evil[/COLOR] to retain the Tag Team Titles (C)[/I] Backstage, and Danny Jillefski caught up with Giant Redwood. He went over a few things about tonight’s match, reminding Redwood it was standard rules, even though it was in a cage match. He told Redwood not to worry about Jack escaping tonight, as he could run away all he wanted to. Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood vs Jungle Jack[/COLOR] for the USPW World Title This match started as an all out brawl, before Jack DDT'd Giant Redwood. He then climbed up the side of the cage, and looked as if he was about to unleash a high flying special move. However, Danny Jillefski ran out from the back, and hurled a baseball a Jungle Jack, hitting him in the back of the head. Jack crumpled into the ring, as the ref called for the DQ. [I][COLOR=Blue]Jungle Jack beat Giant Redwood[/COLOR] by DQ (C+)[/I] After the match Redwood attacked the fallen Jack, but he made a quick recovery. He looked as if he was trying to escape the cage by climbing it, but instead used it to help him hit a slightly awkward looking Moonsault, before climbing to the top of the cage triumphantly (C+). [I]Overall rating C+[/I]

March - Week 1 New schedules released. TCW have shows on Monday and Tuesday. SWF on Tuesday and Wednesday. DaVE on Thursday, along with CGC. Not holding anymore Thursday shows. We'll have one more show on Friday, before having our Liberty and Justice event next Wednesday. Hang on, move that to Friday - I'm going to need Corporal Doom for this one (shared with SWF).

[QUOTE=eayragt]March - Week 1 New schedules released. TCW have shows on Monday and Tuesday. SWF on Tuesday and Wednesday. DaVE on Thursday, along with CGC. Not holding anymore Thursday shows. We'll have one more show on Friday, before having our Liberty and Justice event next Wednesday. Hang on, move that to Friday - I'm going to need Corporal Doom for this one (shared with SWF).[/QUOTE] And the poor guy still doesn't get a promotion, even after all that loyal service to the forces of evil too. Sometimes it just sucks being a villain. :p

Friday: And we're off, sold out once more in the South East (very small of course). After two dark matches (Corporal Doom beat Tom E Hawk - D, and Cherry Bomb beat American Elemental - C-), we kicked off, into a rematch from last week. Match 1: [COLOR=Blue]Joss Thompson vs Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] At 6.55 this was a minute shorter than their match last week, but it had the same result, which left Joss Thompson leaving the ring very frustrated. [I][COLOR=Blue]Fumihiro Ota beat Joss Thompson[/COLOR] (C)[/I] Next out was Shane Sneer, with a belt over his shoulder and Cherry Bomb. Together they announce that as the person in possession of the National Title, Cherry Bomb has decided to retire the title, as is her right. Sneer then goes on to say that replacing the title will be a new USPW National Title, one that's open for both genders. He goes to award it to Cherry Bomb when Emma Chase takes the mic, and gets into the ring. She says that Sneer knows the rules, and he must know full well that no title can simply be awarded to a wrestler, it must be won. And as Hell Monkey never got a rematch for the old National Title, she suggests that the match for this new title should be between Hell Monkey and Cherry Bomb. Cherry Bomb agrees, but says she's in charge of this one, so next week at Liberty or Justice they will face off for the new title in a Ladder match (C+). Backstage, and Mick Muscles and Danny Rushmore were shown in an argument. As backstage workers got into splitting it up, Mick Muscles was shouting that they'd sort things out in the ring next match - it looks like we have another match for Liberty or Justice (C-). Match 2: [COLOR=Blue]Mr Patterson vs Giant Redwood[/COLOR] 3.31 squash. [I][COLOR=Blue]Giant Redwood beat Mr Patterson[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Giant Redwood left the ring, when Joss Thompson came out. He started to rip into Emma Chase, asking why he had been abandoned. He didn't let Emma Chase say anything, before slapping her around the face. As Micky Starr tried to intervene he was beaten down by Mr Patterson, and a double heel turn had been completed. And they didn't really go down too well (C-). Match 3: [COLOR=Blue]Whistler vs Eric the Bull[/COLOR] We had a new commentary team in position after the last one got beaten down, Danny Jillefski and Alan Foster (the new 18 year old). Whistler made his debut singles match, in a relatively easy 4.58 victory over Eric. [I][COLOR=Blue]Whistler beat Eric the Bull[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Captain USA joined Whistler in the ring after the match, and they confirmed how they'd be working together, for Truth, Justice and The American Way (C+). Match 4: [COLOR=Blue]Puerto Rican Power vs Corporal Doom[/COLOR] Both men brought their tag team partners to ringside, and both got involved in the match leaving the ref no choice but to rule the match a no contest at 5.05. [I][COLOR=Blue]Puerto Rican Power drew with Corporal Doom[/COLOR] (C)[/I] As the men continued to brawl, Danny Jillefski stood up and ordered them to cool down. There was only one way for them to sort out their problems - they were to face each other for the Tag Team Titles next week (C)! Out the back, and Hell Monkey hyped his upcoming match with Jungle Jack. That's what he said. They're teaming together, but Hell Monkey made it sound like they were going to fight one another. Unsurprisingly, this confused the crowd (C-). This may have been down to me mis-booking this angle. Match 5: [COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey and Jungle Jack vs Savage Fury[/COLOR] A mediocre match topped off a mediocre card. Jungle Jack scored the pin after a Jack Hammer on Java at 9.56. [I][COLOR=Blue]Hell Monkey and Jungle Jack beat Savage Fury[/COLOR] (C-)[/I] Only one more thing to do, and that's for Jack to announce that he has a match with Giant Redwood for the USPW World Title next week. Just so you know (C+). [I]Overall Rating C[/I]

Pre big event shows are often disappointments. No change here. Announced for next weeks show: Liberty and Justice: Mick Muscles vs Danny Patterson Blue Pill vs Axis of Evil for the Tag Team Titles Cherry Bomb vs Hell Monkey for the new USPW National Title Giant Redwood vs Jungle Jack for the USPW World Title Expect more matches to be added - it's going to be an hour and a half. The Thompson / Patterson turns went badly, and didn't really need to happen at all. It was all part of an angle to show why Micky Starr wouldn't be at the event. Of course, I then remembered that I'd moved the show away from an SWF date, as I needed Corporal Doom. Hmmm.... what a fool. In other news, after all these years Warlord Agony and Warlord Pain have had a falling out. They've only teamed up once this year, so it looks like this great tag team may be over.

[QUOTE=Gozer]You slapped Easy Emma in a family friendly fed? What happened to [i]bring your kids[/], man?[/QUOTE] It's a "shocking" event that signals a heel turn. Shocking for USPW. Well, not true, USPW's becoming more mainstream, and adult orientated. But you can stll "Bring Out Your Kids". That's what the thread title should have been, if it was free of typos.

Archived