Extreme Championship Wrestling: Back From The Abyss

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]With the downfall of the WWE, and the subsequent selling of their copyrights, trademarks, and everything that Vincent Kennedy McMahon had taken on his meteoric rise to the top of the wrestling world. Oh how times have changed![/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]WCW is back with Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan & The Giant at the helm. SMW, The NWA, AWA, & WCCW have all returned. But this, isn't the story of any of them. This is the story of how I helped Paul Heyman, Tommy Dreamer & Rob Van Dam bring the ECW name back to the phenomenom that it was.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Who am I? That doesn't matter, you'll find out soon. I'm not a big name star so it won't matter to any of you what my name is, all that matters is that I bring you, Extreme Championship Wrestling: Back From The Abyss.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Week 1, January 2008:[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][I sat down with Paul, to discuss how things should run for the new ECW.][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Paul: "Between Tommy, Rob & I, there's $2,500,000 invested in the new ECW. Now, I need to know that you will bring about a change. I don't like where our popularity sits, I mean, we're stuck behind the WWE, WCW, TNA, ROH, and the NWA just in the United States alone. I need you to bring us to the upper ring. We need to go national!"[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Me: "It's a sound plan, but it's not that simple. It's going to take a lot more than money to get us up on the National Radar."[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Paul: "Just do whatever it takes. But you cannot sign any Technicians, Purorseu, or MMA guys. I don't want them cluttering up my ring."[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Me: "Paul, aren't you getting behind the times? Hell, the last ECW had great mat technicians like Lance Storm, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, and the late Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit. Why the hell can't I sign technicians?"[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Paul: "Because I don't need them injuring my boys by working too stiff. "[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Me: "That's a ridiculous answer!"[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Paul: "But it's my final one!"[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][Paul apparently decided that that was enough because he moved onto another subject, this time about Rob van Dam, basically saying that I have to keep his golden boy on the top. I kinda phased in and out on this part.][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Paul:"...Do you understand?"[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Me: "Yeah, I understand."[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Paul: "Good. Now, about Massacre on 34th ST-"[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Me: "What, you mean the 3 hour Pay-Per-View I have in two weeks and only have two members of a roster? The PPV I'm supposed to have ready to go, but you're limiting who I can work with? That one?"[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Paul:[smiling] "Yeah, that's the one!"[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Me: "What about it?"[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Paul: "You should probably get on signing people pretty soon. Two weeks is a short time away."[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Me: "Ugh."[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][I got up and left Paul's office, disgusted with myself that I took this job. Probably wouldn't have had THIS much of a problem working for Eric Bischoff over in WCW. I headed to my office to start scouting talent and making phone calls.][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][quote] OOC: For people I contacted, did you want a list of them? Or just let you find out the old fashioned way? Also, I hate having no graphics, so I'll more than likely get a friend to make some and add them in.[/quote][/FONT]

Archived