The Revenge of Good Ol' JR

Hey all. This is my first real attempt at a serious diary. I think I've played around enough with the game to be able to book my type of fed properly. [B][SIZE=4]Backstory[/SIZE][/B] [I][B]So it turns out that JR actually was fired by the WWE. No one was sure if it was a work or not, but it turned out that Vince McMahon really did remove him from his announcing position. Learning that it was not a work, JR decides that he's done with WWE. He informs Vince that he's quitting the company he's worked so hard for over the past 12 years. Vince offers JR a settlement package, but JR makes a counter offer. All he wants is the rights to the name and logo to his favorite promotion, the Universal Wrestling Federation. Vince happily obliges, as he has no plans to use the UWF name or logo on anything. JR and Vince shake hands as JR is officially done with the WWE. A few weeks pass and JR calls up an old, good friend of his, Jim Cornette. He tells Cornette that he's pissed off at the WWE and he's going to do something about it. He tells Cornette that he's bringing back the UWF. He asks Cornette, who is equally pissed off at the WWE, if he'd like to join him in booking this new fed. Cornette agrees. Cornette asks JR where the funding for the promotion is going to come from, and JR tells him it's taken care of by sources that will be revealed later.[/B][/I] So there you have it. The return of the UWF with Jim Ross and Jim Cornette as the masterminds. This fed will be traditional, old school, mostly hoss based, and will have captivating angles and storylines. There's probably not going to be a junior division, but if a junior worker can work with the big boys, he'll find a place in UWF. I personally will not be involved in the diary (except for writing it of course) and I will not write matches out move for move. My results will include just the major happenings in the matches, but will describe the angles and stories more in depth. Anyway, I'm going to write a few weeks of shows (no TV deal yet, just events) and then run them through the game. This may take me a while, but I'll post some roster reports and other UWF news until my first show. Who knows, maybe the Ross Report will make another comeback. Questions, comments, or criticisms always welcome. Thanks for reading!

I'm still working on getting a good roster that I can work with. This isn't going to be a straight UWF copy, but it'll be a mix of UWF/NWA/WCW, SMW, and ECW. Also, I've been watching a lot of old regional tapes from Florida ('70s and '80s) so those will probably have some influence on this diary. I've got a lot of good old school angles and storylines to use too. I should have my first roster announcement very soon! Also, just a hint, JR and Jim Cornette are surely not the only workers in the world that's pissed off with the WWE. There'll be plenty more workers with chips on their shoulders coming to the UWF.

Archived