Relationships with owners

Guest Ransik

I am for some reason now friends with both Dixie Carter and Vince McMahon after try-outs with TNA and WWE. Now my question; if you get to be "Best Friends" with owners, will they offer you more money on contracts, push you more, and give you more high profile matches? Cause my 3rd match in TNA I was at 56 overness in the US and was given an NWA Title shot against Jarrett, which I won... and propelled me to 63 overness.

How over was Jarrett at the time, though? Was he anywhere near 56 when you met him? I've never seen a friendship with the owner making a difference, really. If you are friends with a worker who is a roster placement above you, they will feud with you - whereas they normally wouldn't. But owners, I'm not sure. I've seen first appearance title shots without owner friendships. It seems that it is based on overness, rather than friendships.

Being friends with the boss is great. More title shots, much more money and you're less likely to be fired (though its not impossible). I've had some ridiculously high contracts when being friends with owners or bookers. Money money money....... must be funny...... in a booker's world :) Derek B

I was Midcard in MOSC, with a best friend relationship with The Highland Warrior ... making almost $200 PA when my contract came up ... and was offered a PPA of $859, and have been booked on every show I am available for ... and since MOSC has a TV show in my game, that translates to up to 5 appearances a month! Got me out of debt really fast, I'll tell ya ...

[QUOTE=Omega Esad]When will a written contract be offered? How developed does your worker have to be? Last question. What do I have to focus on to build on my technique? It's dropping by one and that's what I really want to gain. Thanks.[/QUOTE] You can only get written contracts from National and Global federations, smaller feds won't offer them to you at least that I've seen, though other CPU workers may have them. To get in a National fed you need to have at least 30 Overness in that fed's home region and 40 for Global, then they should offer a written contract when you approach them. For me at least I usually find National promotions will let me switch to PPA deals and Global require the written deal. But I wouldn't recommend signing a written contract with either size until they offer you an Upper Midcard or Main Event spot which I know is something over 60 Overness. Otherwise you can make more money and gain overness faster under multiple PPA deals, and it's more interesting since you'll be fighting a wider variety of opponents. Technique so far as I know the only thing that alters it is the Mentor Training Regime, Technical Skills. It should be set around 20-25% to start, and then once your technical skill gets around 50 or 60 you'll probably have to bump it up to almost 50% to keep increasing it.

Technique also improves A LOT by working with better workers than yourself. Keep your technical training up and make sure you watch tapes. I tend to find that a good balanced routine yields best all round results. Even when your expert's opinion says you won't gain anything else from your training, you can still frequently improve by working in the ring. Written contracts smell... only a handful of regular appearances per month? How am I supposed to make squillions of money out of that? :) Derek B

Archived