Non-US Teams and Players?

hehe, there are [url=http://www.universitysport.ca/e/members/by_sport.cfm#Football]plenty that field football teams[/url], yes. I don't follow it, but I believe they are CFL-like in rules. They certainly don't follow NFL rules, for obvious reasons. It's nowhere near as big as NCAA football because there aren't as many schools, and we simply don't treat collegiate sports the way Americans do. The amount of "I'm here to play " students in Canada would be way lower than in the US.

One of the X box games I used to play allowed for Canadian teams and players. The problem was that the game considered all of Canada adjacent to every bordering state. That gave Canadian schools a huge recruiting advantage. A school from say, Nova Scotia, could draw recruits from Michigan or Washington or New York because all of Canada was considered a neighboring state. And yes they do play college football in Canada. The first college game on record was between Harvard and McGill.

• 3 weeks later...
There are not non-US players as they make up an extremely small sample size in college football (as compared to say college hoops). As to locating teams in canada or mexico, that would not work either as each team needs to have a state and region for recruiting. We did not add in the ability to have "Canada" or "Mexico" as a state as there are no college football teams in the formats we checked in those areas right now.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]There are not non-US players as they make up an extremely small sample size in college football (as compared to say college hoops). As to locating teams in canada or mexico, that would not work either as each team needs to have a state and region for recruiting. We did not add in the ability to have "Canada" or "Mexico" as a state as there are no college football teams in the formats we checked in those areas right now.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the answer.

Archived