• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Robarts Arena - Sarasota, FL

Attendance - 2,000

Tuesday, Week 2, February 1991

PRESHOW

Big Bully Busick defeated Duane Gill in 3:40 by pinfall with a Big Otto Splash.

Notes: E-

Dino Bravo defeated Jim Brunzell in 5:53 by pinfall.

Notes: D

Taped for USA Network & Sky One

Chris Adams & Steven Regal defeated The Bushwhackers in 5:49 when Steven Regal defeated Bushwhacker Butch by submission with a Regal Stretch.

Notes: D-

In the ring, Demolition introduces their new manager, Ox.

Notes: D+

Brain Trust cut a promo challenging The Hart Foundation to a Tag Team Title Match at Saturday Night Main Event.

Notes: C. Heenan helped during the segment.

Davey Boy Smith defeated Honky Tonk Man in 6:50 after interference by Steve Austin.

Notes: B-

OVERALL: C-

My Thoughts: Paired Demolition up with a new manager. I don't recall Ox Baker in real life, but from his picture, he looked like he could fit well with Demolition and they definitely need a mouth piece. Some additional build for Austin vs. Honky Tonk feud. Decided to get Brain Trust into the tag title mix quicker than I first thought. I think they should be able to be successful with Heenan doing their talking, and both are solid in the ring.

WWF Primetime Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 2, February 1991

PREVIEW

"Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase will go one on one with Kerry Von Erich with The Undertaker banned from ringside.

Davey Boy Smith will team with Jake "The Snake" Roberts to take on Mr. Perfect and Randy Savage in the evening's main event

Will The Hart Foundation answer the challenge of Bobby Heenan & The Brain Trust?

Earthquake will take on "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan in singles action.

Plus much, much more.

WWF Primetime Wrestling

Capitol Center - Landover, MD

Attendance - 14,961

Wednesday, Week 2, February 1991

PRESHOW

Dean Douglas defeated Salvatore Bellomo in 3:55 by pinfall with a Franchiser.

Notes: D. Dean Douglas seemed off his game tonight. Salvatore Bellomo and Dean Douglas have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.

Chris Adams & Steven Regal defeated Chris Walker and Duane Gill in 4:32 when Chris Adams defeated Duane Gill by pinfall with a Moonsault.

Notes: E

Taped for USA Network, Sky Sports & TSN

Hercules Hernandez defeated Dustin Rhodes in 3:48 by submission with a Full Nelson.

Demolition defeated The Bushwhackers in 7:20 when Crush defeated Bushwhacker Butch by pinfall with a Full-Nelson Slam.

Notes: D+. Smash was really off his game tonight.

After the match, Demolition began to attack the Bushwhackers. The Road Warriors and Rockers ran in and put a beating on Demolition getting revenge for Demolitions attacks over the last couple of weeks.

Notes: C-

Jim Duggan defeated Earthquake in 5:36 by pinfall after a distraction from Big Bossman.

Notes: C

Honky Tonk Man is in the ring, and calls out Steve Austin to face him. As soon as Austin walks through the curtain his is ambushed from behind by Greg Valentine. The ambush leaves Steve Austin down and out.

Notes: D

The Mountie defeated Tugboat in 6:14 by pinfall after hitting him with the cattle prod.

Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart are interviewed by Gene Okerlund backstage, they accept the challenge of The Brain Trust, and will defend the Tag Titles at Saturday Night Main Event.

Notes: B-. Jim Neidhart was very underwhelming.

Million Dollar Man defeated Kerry Von Erich in 8:33 by when Hulk Hogan ran in and attacked Million Dollar Man.

Notes: B. Kerry Von Erich was really off his game tonight.

After the match, Hogan continued the attack on DiBiase, without Undertaker at the show to help him, proceeding to hit the big boot and leg drop to big cheers from the crowd. Hogan poses in the ring as we go to a commercial break.

Notes: A

The Ultimate Warrior is interviewed by Gene Okerlund backstage about the Undertaker.

Notes: A+

Mr Perfect and Randy Savage defeated Jake Roberts and Davey Boy Smith in 9:37 when Mr Perfect defeated Jake Roberts by pinfall with a Perfect Plex.

Notes: B. Mr Perfect looked good out there. The performance of Randy Savage stood out as being good.

OVERALL: B-

Thursday, Week 2, February 1991

Rumors backstage were that several wrestlers failed drug tests administered at last night's taping. WWF officials are staying tight-lipped, however, and neither denying or confirming the rumors. No names have been announced, but inside sources say that several big names were involved. WWF Booker Jayson Gardner would only say "Anything that happens in the locker room is an internal matter, and if there is an internal problem, it will be dealt with internally. Beyond that statement, I have no further comment."

Ox Baker ruled! He was a former Boxer so he used the Heart Punch as his finishing move. He called it the Hurt Punch though I think cause his catchphrase was "I like to hurt people". He even "killed" two guys with it!. The guy he fought (name forgotten) got injuried during the match and died three days later due to a busted appendix but Baker was blamed for the death and worked it. The other guy had a heart attack in the dressing room after the match and Baker worked that to. He was pretty big in the Midwest terrorites and Puerto Rico. He did some movie work most notably the guy Isaac Hayes makes Kurt Russell take on at the end of King of New York... great flick! Throw some facepaint on him and he would make a great mic worker for Demolition. Love the idea.

He did some movie work most notably the guy Isaac Hayes makes Kurt Russell take on at the end of King of New York... great flick! Throw some facepaint on him and he would make a great mic worker for Demolition. Love the idea.

Thanks for the extra info. His bio in the mod pretty much just mentions that he is a retired wrestler. Great movie, wrong title though. It was Escape from New York. One of my all-time favorites.

Thanks, mad. Taker vs. Warrior though, not Macho Man. But yea, I actually have a rough outline already made out for the World Title picture through the Survivor Series as long as the game is willing. All the major plot points are already planned, just sometimes tough figuring out how to get from point A to point B and keeping it where it may be entertaining along the way.

Haven't made much mention of all the steroid and drug problems my locker room has, but its definitely got me worried that something terrible could throw everything off track. I think almost every decent upper midcarder or main eventer has either tested positive already or is someone that I'm certain is on things, so could test positive. So I'm just waiting on a death or arrest to ruin all my planning. =) I think Bret, DiBiase and Taker might be the only clean guys I have near the top.

WWF Superstars

Rosemont Horizon - Chicago, IL

Attendance - 15,000

Saturday, Week 2, February 1991

PRESHOW

Steven Regal defeated Jim Powers in 6:57 by pinfall following interference from Chris Adams.

Notes: E+

Taped for USA Network, Sky Sports, TSN, & ATV

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Max Moon in 3:01 by submission with a Cobra Clutch.

Notes: D+. Sgt. Slaughter and Max Moon don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Backstage, Earthquake and Big Bossman are yelling at each other and have to be restrained by WWF officials.

Notes: C+

Jim Duggan defeated Buddy Rose in 5:52 by pinfall with a Three Point Stance.

Davey Boy Smith, in the ring, challenges Randy Savage to a rematch. Macho King steps onto the entrance ramp, and declares the challenge accepted.

Jimmy Snuka defeated Dean Douglas in 6:54 by pinfall with a Superfly Splash.

Backstage, Hulk Hogan interviews Hogan with Mean Gene. He suggests a tag match for Saturday Night Main Event pitting himself and WWF Champion The Ultimate Warrior vs. the Million Dollar Man and The Undertaker.

Notes: A

Tito Santana defeated The Great Muta in 8:41 by pinfall with a Flying Forearm.

OVERALL: C

My Thoughts: Some last minute booking for Saturday Night Main Event, which immediately follows this show. I mistakenly thought that SNME was next week, so thought I had a couple more shows to set everything up.

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/graphics/SNME.jpg

Rosemont Horizon - Chicago, IL

Attendance - 15,000

Saturday, Week 2, February 1991

The Mountie defeated Tito Santana in 6:54 by pinfall after shocking him with the cattle prod.

Demolition are interviewed by Gene Okerlund backstage, where they launch a verbal attack against Animal and Hawk.

Notes: C-. Ox helped during the segment. Gene Okerlund came across well.

The Nasty Boys defeated The Bushwhackers in 6:59 when Brian Knobbs defeated Bushwhacker Butch by submission with a Pit Stop.

Notes: D. Bushwhacker Butch was really off his game tonight.

The Legion Of Doom and The Rockers defeated Demolition and Haku & The Barbarian in 7:37 when Shawn Michaels defeated Haku by pinfall with a side suplex.

Notes: C+. Road Warrior Animal looked excellent out there. Road Warrior Hawk looked good out there.

Rhythm 'n' Blues come to the ring for their tag match vs. Steve Austin. Austin is introduced next. He has a microphone, and introduces his tag team partner for the match. He says when in doubt, choose a Texan, and introduces "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich as his tag team partner.

Rhythm 'n' Blues defeated Steve Austin and Kerry Von Erich in 7:52 when Honky Tonk Man defeated Steve Austin by pinfall after a low blow while Valentine had the referee distracted.

Notes: C-. Honky Tonk Man was really off his game tonight.

The Brain Trust cut a promo on their WWF Tag Team Title match vs. The Hart Foundation tonight.

Notes: C+. Heenan helped during this segment.

WWF World Tag Team Title Match

Brain Trust defeated The Hart Foundation in 7:50 when Owen Hart defeated Jim Neidhart by pinfall following interference from Bobby Heenan and Mr. Perfect. Brain Trust win the WWF World Tag Team titles.

Notes: C-. Bret Hart looked good out there.

Big Bossman defeated Earthquake in 6:48 by pinfall with a Boss Man Slam.

Notes: D+. The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. The match had very little drama of flow to it, as nobody in the ring had the psychology to take control properly.

Million Dollar Man appears backstage and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Hulk Hogan for tonight. Undertaker & DiBiase will face Hogan and Warrior in tag action in our main event.

Notes: B

WWF Intercontinental Title Match

Mr Perfect defeated Jake Roberts in 6:41 by disqualification when Bret Hart ran in and attacked Mr Perfect. Mr Perfect makes defence number 3 of his WWF Intercontinental title.

Notes: B.

Randy Savage is interviewed by Gene Okerlund backstage about his upcoming match with Davey Boy Smith.

Notes: B+

Davey Boy Smith defeated Randy Savage in 12:43 by pinfall following botched interference by Queen Sherri.

Notes: B+

Hogan and Warrior cut a promo hyping their upcoming match with Ted DiBiase and Undertaker.

The Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan defeated Million Dollar Man and The Undertaker in 12:55 when Hulk Hogan defeated Million Dollar Man by pinfall with a Big Boot and Leg Drop while Warrior and Undertaker brawled at ringside.

Notes: B. The Ultimate Warrior was really off his game tonight. The Ultimate Warrior was exhausted by the end. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown.

My Thoughts: We've crowned new tag team champions, the first title change of any kind under my booking. Davey Boy and Savage put on another solid match, with Davey Boy going over here, the trilogy will likely continue to Wrestlemania. Solid effort in the Main Event, I'll take a B-match anytime Warrior is involved. He has been improving over the past couple of months, but will never be mistaken for a ring general. I'm not ruling out the possibility of more of the Austin/Von Erich tag team, might be a good way to get Austin some higher profile opponents by teaming him with an upper carder. I hadn't given the thought of giving him a tag partner much thought until now.

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Corn Palace - Mitchell, SD

Attendance - 1,916

Tuesday, Week 3, February 1991

PRESHOW

Dustin Rhodes defeated Buddy Rose in 6:46 by pinfall.

Notes: D+. Buddy Rose and Dustin Rhodes don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Jim Neidhart defeated Dean Douglas in 6:42 by pinfall with a Flying Sledgehammer.

Notes: C.

Taped for USA Network & Sky One

Earthquake defeated Scott Taylor in 1:37 by pinfall with an Earthquake Splash.

Notes: D. Earthquake came out of the match looking good.

Steve Austin is being interviewed backstage by Gene Okerlund and challenges Honky Tonk Man to a singles match.

Jake Roberts defeated The Berzerker in 3:55 by pinfall with a DDT.

Honky Tonk Man appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Steve Austin, he'll face him in a match.

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Tito Santana in 6:41 by submission with a Cobra Clutch.

Notes: B. Sgt. Slaughter was visibly tiring toward the end.

OVERALL: C-. The crowd expected more angles and interview segments.

My Thoughts: Honky Tonk Man will face Austin tomorrow night on Primetime Wrestling. Nice match out of Slaughter & Tito.

WWF Primetime Wrestling

Wednesday, Week 3, February 1991

PREVIEW

Honky Tonk Man will take on Steve Austin in singles action.

We will hear from the new WWF World Tag Team Champions, The Brain Trust.

WWF World Heavyweight Champion The Ultimate Warrior will go one on one with Earthquake in non-title action.

The Mountie will battle Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

Plus much, much more.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF Primetime Wrestling</span></strong></span></span></p><p>

Sam Houston Coliseum - Houston, TX</p><p>

Attendance - 9,652</p><p>

Wednesday, Week 3, February 1991</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">PRESHOW</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#FF0000;">Greg Valentine</span></em> defeated Jim Powers in 6:45 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C-. Jim Powers seemed off his game tonight. Greg Valentine and Jim Powers have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. </p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#FF0000;">Jake Roberts</span></em> defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Virgil</span> in 7:02 by pinfall with a DDT.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C-. Jake Roberts seemed off his game tonight.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Taped for USA Network, Sky Sports & TSN</span></strong></p><p>

</p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>

The Rockers</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Adams & Regal</span> in 6:16 when Shawn Michaels defeated Chris Adams by pinfall with a side suplex.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C-. The performance of Shawn Michaels stood out as being good.</p><p>

</p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart</span> are in the locker room. They appear to be arguing. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C</p><p>

</p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>

The Mountie</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Jimmy Snuka</span> in 5:43 by pinfall after using the cattle prod. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C-. Jimmy Snuka was really off his game tonight.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Brain Trust</span> have an interview in which they taunt The Hart Foundation and brag about winning the WWF World Tag Team Titles.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C+. Heenan helped Owen & Martel through the segment. </p><p> </p><p>

Steve Austin is on his way to the ring for his match vs. Honky Tonk Man. He gets attacked from behind by Honky and Greg Valentine. They beat on him a little before rolling him into the ring. Honky Tonk Man joins him in the ring and the bell sounds to start the match.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: D</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>Honky Tonk Man</em></span> defeated a battered <span style="color:#FF0000;">Steve Austin</span> in 6:44 by pinfall with a Shake, Rattle, and Roll.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C. Valiant effort by Austin, but the pre-match assault proved too much to overcome. </p><p> </p><p>

Having picked up the victory, Honky Tonk Man celebrates in the ring.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: D+</p><p>

</p><p><span style="color:#FF0000;">

</span><span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>Bret Hart</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Tully Blanchard</span> in 8:51 by submission with a Sharpshooter.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B-</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Hulk Hogan</span> has an interview in which he taunts Million Dollar Man.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: A</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>Randy Savage</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Big Bossman</span> in 6:40 by pinfall with a Macho Elbow.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">The Ultimate Warrior</span> is interviewed by Gene Okerlund backstage about their upcoming match with Earthquake.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: A+</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>The Ultimate Warrior</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Earthquake</span> in 6:29 by pinfall with a Big Splash.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B. The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. There were times when there was a definite lack of psychology on display, and the match had a tendency to drift a little.</p><p> </p><p>

</p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

OVERALL</span></strong>: <span style="color:#FF0000;">B</span></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#006400;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF Superstars</span></strong></span></span></p><p>

Civic Auditorium - Santa Monica, CA</p><p>

Attendance - 1,877</p><p>

Saturday, Week 3, February 1991</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">PRESHOW</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;"><em>Crush</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#006400;">Jim Powers </span>in 5:53 by submission.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: D-</p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#006400;">Shawn Michaels</span></em> defeated <span style="color:#006400;">Dean Douglas </span>in 6:58 by pinfall with a super kick.</p><p>

C<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: +</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Taped for USA Network, Sky Sports, TSN & ATV</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;"><em>Honky Tonk Man</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#006400;">Dustin Rhodes </span>in 4:58 by pinfall with a Shake, Rattle, and Roll.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: D+</p><p> </p><p>

We cut to the backstage area where Steve Austin is being interviewed backstage by Lord Alfred Hayes. Austin challenges Honky Tonk to a rematch stating that everyone knows that Austin would have won fair and square if Honky and Valentine didn't attack him before the match.</p><p>

Back in the ring, Honky Tonk Man is given a microphone and refuses the challenge. He says that he already beat Austin one, two, three in the middle of the ring, and has nothing more to prove to him. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C-</p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#006400;">The Legion Of Doom</span></em> defeated <span style="color:#006400;">The Nasty Boys</span> in 5:46 by disqualification when Demolition ran in and attacked the Road Warriors</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B-. Road Warrior Animal looked good out there.</p><p> </p><p>

The Road Warriors and Demolition brawl all the way into the backstage area before they are able to be seperated. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C+</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;"><em>Million Dollar Man </em></span>defeated<span style="color:#006400;"> Marty Jannetty</span> in 7:32 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream after an assist by Virgil. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B-. Marty Jannetty and Million Dollar Man just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;">Bret Hart</span> is backstage and cuts a promo on Mr. Perfect's interference in the tag team title match at Saturday Night Main Event, and his revenge attack during the Intercontinental Title match. </p><p>

As Bret is walking to the back, he is confronted by Jim Neidhart. Neidhart tells him to forget about Perfect and focus on regaining the tag titles. Bret looks annoyed, but pats Neidhart on the back and they head backstage together. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#006400;"><em>Sgt. Slaughter</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#006400;">Davey Boy Smith</span> in 6:51 by submission with a Cobra Clutch after a distraction from Randy Savage.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B. Sgt. Slaughter was visibly tiring toward the end.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">OVERALL</span></strong>: C+</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">My Thoughts</span></strong>: I really expected a little bit better overall for the show. But overall I thought it was a solid show for a B-show. Take a step towards the rubber match Davey Boy and Savage. Some growing friction among The Hart Foundation. Austin & Honky Tonk story progresses as does the increasing rivalry between the Road Warriors and the new Demolition.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><span style="font-size:14px;">WWF Wrestling Challenge</span></span></strong></span></p><p>

Hamilton Field House - Oklahoma City, OK</p><p>

Attendance - 2,000</p><p>

Tuesday, Week 4, February 1991</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>Andre the Giant </em></span>defeated <span style="color:#0000FF;">Big Bully Busick </span>in 3:31 by pinfall with a Knee Strike.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C-. Big Bully Busick was really off his game tonight.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>Tito Santana</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#0000FF;">Dean Douglas </span>in 8:49 by pinfall with a Flying Forearm.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C. Dean Douglas and Tito Santana don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Taped for USA Network and Sky One</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>Jim Duggan </em></span>defeated <span style="color:#0000FF;">The Warlord </span>in 6:49 by pinfall with a Three Point Stance.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C. The Warlord was visibly tiring toward the end. </p><p> </p><p>

Backstage, Jim Neidhart challenges Brain Trust to a rematch for the WWF World Tag Team Titles this week on Primetime Wrestling.</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Steve Austin</span> requests a rematch vs. Honky Tonk Man from Jack Tunney but gets rejected</p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>Kerry Von Erich </em></span>defeated <span style="color:#0000FF;">Greg Valentine </span>in 7:08 by pinfall after a Tornado Punch</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C+</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>OVERALL</strong></span>: D+. The crowd expected more angles and interview segments.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">My Thoughts</span></strong>: The 30 minute show is giving me fits trying to find angles to fit in. Von Erich gets to go over Valentine after getting a loss teaming with Austin vs. Rhythm n Blues.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF Primetime Wrestling</span></strong></span></p><p>

Wednesday, Week 4, February 1991</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">PREVIEW</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF World Tag Team Title Match</span></p><p>

Brain Trust will make their first title defense against the team they defeated at Saturday Night Main Event, The Hart Foundation.</p><p> </p><p>

Smash of Demolition will go one on one with Road Warrior Animal</p><p> </p><p>

Randy Savage will be the guest on the Brother Love Show. </p><p> </p><p>

In the main event of the evening, the "Real American" Hulk Hogan will go one on one with the Iraqi turncoat Sgt. Slaughter. </p><p> </p><p>

Plus much, much more.</p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>WWF Primetime Wrestling</strong></span></span></span></p><p>

Civic Arena - Pittsburgh, PA</p><p>

Attendance - 14,972</p><p>

Wednesday, Week 4, February 1991</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>Buddy Rose </em></span>defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Jim Brunzell </span>in 7:05 by submission.</p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>Col. Mustafa</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Dustin Rhodes</span> in 5:56 by submission with the Camel Clutch.</p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">MAIN</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>Kerry Von Erich </em></span>defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Dino Bravo </span>in 6:24 by pinfall.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C-. Kerry Von Erich was really off his game tonight.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Honky Tonk Man</span> has an interview in which he taunts Steve Austin.</p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>The Mountie </em></span>defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Jim Duggan </span>in 5:35 by pinfall with the cattle prod. </p><p>

The Mountie is in the ring celebrating, when the <span style="color:#FF0000;">Big Bossman </span>runs in and attacks, beating Mountie down into the mat.</p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;"><em>Road Warrior Animal</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Smash</span> in 5:35 when Smash was disqualified when Crush ran in and attacked Road Warrior Animal.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C-. Road Warrior Animal was really off his game tonight. Smash and Road Warrior Animal don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.</p><p> </p><p>

Talk Show Host <span style="color:#FF0000;">Brother Love</span> interviews <span style="color:#FF0000;">Randy Savage</span>, but before the interview has concluded, <span style="color:#FF0000;">Davey Boy Smith</span> runs in out of nowhere and attacks Macho King!</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B. Brother Love did not come out of this looking good. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF World Tag Team Title Match</span></p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Brain Trust </span>defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">The Hart Foundation </span>in 13:28 when Rick 'The Model' Martel defeated Jim Neidhart by submission with a Boston Crab to retain the WWF World Tag Team Titles. Martel was able to hook the Boston Crab on Neidhart in the center of the ring while Bret Hart was being distracted by <span style="color:#FF0000;">Mr. Perfect</span>. Without any help or anywhere to go, Neidhart had no choice but to submit. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C+. Bret Hart looked good out there.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Hulk Hogan</span> is interviewed by Gene Okerlund backstage about his upcoming match with Sgt. Slaughter.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: A</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Hulk Hogan </span>defeated <span style="color:#FF0000;">Sgt. Slaughter </span>in 6:42 by disqualification when Virgil and the Million Dollar Man attacked Hogan. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B. Sgt. Slaughter was visibly tiring toward the end.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">DiBiase and Virgil </span>continue to attack Hogan after the bell. Hogan starts to make a comeback to a huge reaction from the crowd, but from behind, DiBiase is able to handcuff him to the ropes. This allows Virgil and DiBiase to continue the assault, and leave Hogan bloodied and handcuffed as the show goes off the air. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: A. Hulk Hogan came across well. Virgil did not come out of this looking good.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>OVERALL</strong></span>: B</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">My Thoughts</span></strong>: DiBiase gets some revenge for the loss at SNME. Brain Trust retains while Bret remains distracted with Mr. Perfect. The Mountie stays on a roll, but it appears Bossman has seen enough. I'd like to get Slaughter more involved, but its tough when he can't go more than 6 minutes without getting tired.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Thursday, Week 4, February 1991</span></strong></p><p>

WWF is proud to announce the expansion of their flagship television program into Japan. The deal reached today will broadcast WWF Primetime Wrestling on Thursday evenings for the next 4 seasons on <em><strong>TV Hokkaido</strong></em>. WWF officials are said to be extremely excited for this expansion into Japan, which currently did not have access to any WWF programming. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Saturday, Week 4, February 1991</span></strong></p><p>

The World Wrestling Federation is proud to announce the return of two former superstars. Three time WWF Champion Bob Backlund and "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff are the newest members of the WWF roster.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#008000;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>WWF Superstars</strong></span></span></p><p>

Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY</p><p>

Attendance - 2,000</p><p>

Saturday, Week 4, February 1991</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;"><em>Haku & The Barbarian </em></span>defeated <span style="color:#008000;">Dustin Rhodes and Jim Brunzell</span> in 7:26 when The Barbarian defeated Dustin Rhodes by pinfall with a Crescent Kick.</p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;"><em>Hercules Hernandez</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#008000;">Max Moon </span>in 5:52 by submission with a Full Nelson.</p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Taped for USA Network, Sky Sports, TSN & ATV</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;"><em>Earthquake</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#008000;">Jim Powers </span>in 3:19 by pinfall with a Vertical Splash.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: E+. Earthquake and Jim Powers just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. Squash for Quake. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;">Big Bossman</span> has an interview with Lord Alfred Hayes where he explains that he attacked The Mountie because he'd seen enough of his cheating. Bossman stands for law and order, and The Mountie will be brought to justice. </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;"><em>Jim Neidhart </em></span>defeated<span style="color:#008000;"> Buddy Rose </span>in 3:48 by pinfall with a Flying Sledgehammer.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: D. Squash for Neidhart</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;">Steve Austin</span> challenges Honky Tonk Man to a rematch match, and in order to get it he says that he'll put his career on the line in the match.</p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;"><em>The Rockers </em></span>defeated <span style="color:#008000;">The Nasty Boys </span>in 7:51 when Shawn Michaels defeated Brian Knobbs by pinfall with a side suplex.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C+. Jerry Saggs seemed off his game tonight. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;">Mr Perfect </span>has an interview in which he taunts Bret Hart.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B+. Heenan helped Perfect through the segment. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;">Million Dollar Man </span>has an interview in which he taunts Hulk Hogan about the attack from Prime Time Wrestling. </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B+</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#008000;"><em>Jake Roberts </em></span>defeated <span style="color:#008000;">Tully Blanchard </span>in 9:40 by pinfall with a DDT.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: C+. Tully Blanchard seemed off his game tonight. Jake Roberts and Tully Blanchard have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>OVERALL</strong></span>: C+</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Tuesday, Week 1, March 1991</span></strong></p><p>

News reports indicate that WWF referee Joey Marella was arrested last night on drug possession charges. Sources indicate that Marella has been given a one month suspension without pay from the company with hope that he will use the time to get clean. It is believed that Marella's job was saved due to the many loyal years of service by his father, known to fans as Gorilla Monsoon. One has to hope that this will serve as a wake up call to others in the WWF locker room, as speculation has been wide spread about steriod and hard drug use by professional wrestlers, and this could just be the tip of the iceberg. With Wrestlemania fast approaching, the WWF cannot afford to lose any of its major superstars.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p></p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

WWF Wrestling Challenge</span></strong></span></span></p><p>

Memorial Center - Orangeburg, SC</p><p>

Attendance - 1,652</p><p>

Tuesday, Week 1, March 1991</p></div><p></p><p></p><p>

</p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

PRESHOW</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#0000FF;">The Bullys</span></em> defeated C<span style="color:#0000FF;">hris Walker and Duane Gill</span> in 4:49 when Big Bully Boris defeated Duane Gill by pinfall with a Russian Lariat.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: E. Boris Zhukov has undergone a name and gimmick change. He is now teaming with Big Bully Busick as The Bullys. Big Bully Boris has now switched to a Bully gimmick. Big Bully Boris seemed off his game tonight.</p><p>

</p><p><span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>

Dean Douglas</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#0000FF;">Scott Taylor</span> in 7:40 by pinfall with a Franchiser.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: D-. Dean Douglas seemed off his game tonight.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Taped for USA Network & Sky One</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>Earthquake</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#0000FF;">Salvatore Bellomo</span> in 1:48 by pinfall with a Vertical Splash.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: D-. Earthquake looked good out there. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Smash and Crush</span> are interviewed by Lord Alfred Hayes backstage, where they launch a verbal attack against Animal and Hawk.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: D+. Ox helped during the segment. </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>Hercules Hernandez</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#0000FF;">Jim Brunzell </span>in 1:35 by pinfall with a Lariat.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: E+</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Honky Tonk Man</span> is backstage. He agrees to a rematch with Steve Austin with the stipulation that Austin will quit wrestling if he loses. </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;"><em>Sgt. Slaughter</em></span> defeated <span style="color:#0000FF;">Kerry Von Erich</span> in 4:35 by submission with a Cobra Clutch after interference from Col. Mustafa.</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Notes</span>: B-. Kerry Von Erich seemed off his game tonight. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>OVERALL</strong></span>: C-</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">WWF Prime Time Wrestling</span></strong></span></span></p><p>

Wednesday, Week 1, March 1991</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">PREVIEW</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Steve Austin will put his young career on the line against Honky Tonk Man.</p><p> </p><p>

Davey Boy Smith has a surprise for Randy Savage.</p><p> </p><p>

Kerry Von Erich will take on Colonel Mustafa in singles action.</p><p> </p><p>

We will hear from Hulk Hogan via satellite on his condition following the brutal attack by Virgil and Ted DiBiase last week. </p><p> </p><p>

WWF Champion The Ultimate Warrior will take on Virgil in a non-title match.</p><p> </p><p>

Plus much, much more. </p></div><p></p><p></p>

WWF Prime Time Wrestling

Memorial Coliseum - Jacksonville, FL

Attendance - 10,000

Wednesday, Week 1, March 1991

PRESHOW

The Bushwhackers defeated The Bullys in 7:53 when Bushwhacker Butch defeated Big Bully Busick by pinfall with a Battering Ram.

Notes: D. Big Bully Busick was visibly tiring toward the end.

Jimmy Snuka defeated Dean Douglas in 7:11 by pinfall with a Superfly Splash.

Notes: C-. Dean Douglas was really off his game tonight.

Taped for USA Network, Sky Sports, TSN & TV Hokkaido

Big Bossman defeated Brooklyn Brawler in 2:34 by pinfall with a Boss Man Slam.

Notes: D. Big Bossman seemed off his game tonight.

After the match, The Mountie attacks Big Bossman in the ring with the Cattle Prod.

A short video plays hyping Steve Austin vs. Honky Tonk Man.

Steve Austin defeated Honky Tonk Man in 7:48 by pinfall with a Piledriver

Davey Boy Smith comes out and says that he'd like to reveal his new manager...Miss Elizabeth. Out she comes, and joins her new client in the ring.

Kerry Von Erich defeated Col. Mustafa in 6:07 by pinfall after Sgt. Slaughter interferred and accidentally hit Col. Mustafa.

Notes: C-. Kerry Von Erich was really off his game tonight.

Bret Hart is being interviewed backstage by Gene Okerlund and challenges Mr Perfect to face him one on one.

Bret Hart defeated Rick 'The Model' Martel in 10:36 when Rick 'The Model' Martel was disqualified when Mr Perfect ran in and attacked Bret Hart.

Notes: B

Gene Okerlund is interviewing Hulk Hogan from his home. Hulk Hogan discusses his situation with Million Dollar Man. He challenges DiBiase to a one on one cage match at Wrestlemania.

Notes: A. The performance of Hulk Hogan looked good.

The Ultimate Warrior defeated Virgil in 4:58 when Virgil was disqualified when Million Dollar Man ran in and attacked The Ultimate Warrior.

Notes: C. The Ultimate Warrior looked good out there.

DiBiase and Virgil start an attack on Warrior similar to last week vs. Hogan. DiBiase pulls out handcuffs again, but Warrior sees it coming and knocks DiBiase out of the ring. Warrior lifts Virgil for the Gorilla Press, but the lights go off.

Notes: A. The Ultimate Warrior looked good. Virgil looked dreadful in this segment.

When the lights come back on, Warrior is down in the ring with The Undertaker standing over him. DiBiase walks to the back giving his trademark laugh as the ring fills with smoke.

My Thoughts: Things start to escalate as Wrestlemania draws near. Realized that I had Elizabeth on my roster doing nothing, Davey Boy doesn't have the entertainment skills to carry himself really, and he's feuding with Savage, so it turned into a perfect match. On a side note, I'll be out of town for new years, so we'll have a short break until I return, likely on Sunday.

Archived