4C : More than the Canadian 3rd option

*** Warning this diary contains coarse language, mature themes, excessive violence and probably a fair dose of sexism. It's a fn wrestling show, did you expect something else ? ***

Just big enough to draw some unwanted attention…

Early January 2008 – 4C Training Center aka Golden Gym & Yoga Center in Mississauga, Ontario

{Loud noises and shouting have been heard from Troy Winner’s office for the last 15 minutes. It’s not unusual, this guy is one angry SOB, but this time, he’s the only one in there! He already threw a broom and an empty suitcase by the door. A bunch of wrestlers are slowly gathering nearby wandering what’s happening, yet no one dares to get in Troy’s office. You read right, 12 grown men are scarred by an angry midget, exclusivity here in Canadian Charisma Championship Combat ! }

Winner : F*** Poison ! F*** You ! If I ever see you again, I’m gonna put your head right into your ass ! F*** You !

{Winner is in one hell of a bad mood it seems. He throws his cell phone at the wall, unimpressed by the little parts that fly away after the impact. Winner is punching or throwing about anything that falls under his hand.}

Winner : That ungrateful bastard ! If he ever comes near me again, I’m gonna knock his teeth off and use them to bite his ass !

{Chris Flynn perks by the door, an awful rookie mistake.}

Flynn : Troy ? What’s happening ?

Winner : What’s happening ? I’ll tell you what’s happening !

{And there goes a chair by Flynn who barely dodges it.}

Winner : F**** Poison went to the Stones ! Just as things are getting interesting here, he drops his pants for money ! That’s what happening ! If that sumbitch ever crosses my path again, he’ll end up on a stretcher at best !

{Far enough from the office, Darryl Devine and Jacob Jett are chatting.}

Devine : Well, I guess it’s not the time to tell him Eisen made me an offer…

Jett : What ? Eisen called you ?

Devine : Yeah, we’re putting things together, I should debut there shortly.

Jett : Wow dude ! That’s awesome ! So that’s why you’re here today… You barely come and train here each month.

Devine : Yeah, I was planning to tell you after a few sparring and tell Troy and the boys at the end of the day.

{As Devine and Jett goes on, Grant Truman, 4C road agent, tries to go in Winner’s office.}

Winner : My f**** booker and one of my best worker…. I’ll have your head Poison !

Truman : Calm down Troy, we’re gonna work it out and…

Winner (pushing on the floor what’s left on his desk) : Calming down ? What the f*** are you trying to get Grant ? My foot in your ass ? I’ll calm down when I get my hands on that bastard. When I’m done with him, I’ll never have children and…

Truman (to the workers outside) : Boys, go get Tanya, she’s the only one who can fix him at this point.

{As Winner’s rant is still raging, some of the workers are heading to the building front office to get Tanya, the gym receptionist and Troy’s secretary and girlfriend.}

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mysterious letter #19

Mysterious letter # 19

{Found on the 4C Training Center desk, a few days later than what has been called by many The Poison Gate.}

Dear Troy,

I know, you probably don’t like me much now. I’ve wrote some pretty nasty things over the last few weeks, but it’s all for you own good. I do care about your little business as I told you before, that’s why I’ve warned you about so many bumps in the road. Please, accept my sincere regrets about the departure of your booker, Joey Poison. I know he was the cornerstone of your company both inside and outside of the ring. It’s a real shame how a little bit of money thrown at some people might change their perspective about everything. Well, not that you may understand this, it’s not like money has ever been pouring on you…

I hope you find enough strength inside you to get over this sad episode and find a new booker. You should probably look outside your boys, it’s not like any of them can the handle the job. If only Barry had 10 % of his father’s talent or mind for the business….

If you ever look for a new cell phone, you should probably look at Rogers. I’m very pleased with their customer service *laughs*

You friend,

Mr T.

{As you may guess, Winner threw a fit after seeing the letter. No one outside the company knew that Poison left for NOTBPW at this point. He swore for the hundred time to find that mysterious Mr T and bite his head off.}

Booker Hunting - Part 1

The hunt for a new booker begins...

{When all the dust settled down, Troy Winner finally managed to calm down and do what’s right for his company : looking for a new booker. Winner has some money, he knows how to handle a business, but the only time he tried to book a show, it was so horrible people asked for refunds. Phone calls have been made, letters have been sent, and we’re now on the third Monday of January in the conference room of the 4C Training Center. Troy Winner is present with the few people he trusts enough to keep on his executive council : Barry Kingman, son of the legendary Crippler Kingman and lead 4C wrestler, and Grant Truman, 4C road agent.)

Winner : We better get our things straight quickly. This is our only day of interviews, I have to hire a new head booker right now, Cage Rage is in one week. Who’s gonna be here today exactly ?

Truman : I’ve made a few phone calls, but the feedback was rather negative. Adrian Garcia is interested, but the old DeColt offered him a raise so he can concentrate on his job there.

Winner : One day, I’m gonna laugh at DeColt when we manage to succeed where he always fails : being #1 in this damn country !

Truman : Marv Earnest told me he already has a hard time to manage his schedule between MAW and NYCW and politely declined.

Winner : Fair enough.

Truman : He spread the word to a few people in New York, mainly Phunk and Frank, but when Stomper heard that, he panicked. He yelled about how you didn’t personally called him before talking to his boys, how rude you were and how back in the days, it wouldn’t have happened…

Winner : F****** that old fart ! His stubbornness’ gonna cost him his company one day !

Kingman : The good news though is Steve Flash is interested. I had him over the phone two days ago, he told me he managed to talk Stomper into letting him come here to do this, to prepare is after career slowly.

Truman : The last name on my list is Carl Batch. Simply put, he was not interested in traveling between Puerto Rico and Toronto every two weeks.

Winner : And you contacts Barry ?

Kingman : I tried to reach Phil Vibert and Nemesis as you asked me, but their respective agents were very clear : both men are not interested in returning to the business at this point.

Winner : It was worth a shot. What a buzz it would have created!

Kingman : I agree. Farrah Hesketh will also be here today. She has a lot of experience and…

Winner : She ?

Kingman : Yeah, she worked backstage for Eisen and now works for…

Winner : Wait ! What the hell a women would know about running a wrestling show ?

Kingman : She’s done it in the past Troy and was good.

Winner : … I’ll believe it when I fn see it ! So we got a chick and Steve Flash. Not much of a choice.

Kingman : And Bob Casey.

Winner : Who ?

Kingman : Bob Casey, a veteran from the Canadian indy scene.

Winner : Never heard of that guy before.

Truman : I saw him wrestle a couple of times. Not bad, but not great either. He couldn’t sell a heater to an eskimo though, he’s pretty bland.

Winner : Why the hell would I want to talk to that Casey ?

Kingman : He wants his first real chance. He personally called me and I told him that he would get an interview like everyone else. I just can’t shatter the dream of that poor fella.

Winner : Whatever….

(Someone knocks at the door. It’s Tanya and she has some refreshments for the boys.)

Tanya : Your first candidate just arrived Troy, Miss Hesketh is here.

Winner : All right, we’re ready to roll.

Tanya : There’s also a young man that asked to talk to you about this job. I believe I saw him a couple of times at our shows.

Winner : Great, some fn fanboi…

Tanya (kissing Winner on the forehead) : I’ll let Miss Hesketh know you’re ready.

(Tanya exits the room and a few moments later, a polite knock can be heard. Kingman opens the door and welcomes Farrah Hesketh with a strong handshake. Hesketh is wearing a black business attire and has a black suitcase she puts on the desk.)

Winner : What kinda of outfit you think you’re wearing ?

Truman (completely ignored by Winner) : You could have welcome first…

Hesketh : Pardon me ?

Winner (approaching and finger pointing) : The hell I’ll pardon you ! I asked you what kind of outfit you’re wearing . You think you’re going to the court to rob some money from your ex-boyfriend ?

Hesketh : What are you talking about ? And stop pointing finger !

Truman : Calm down Troy, calm down. Let’s…

Winner : We’re a fn wrestling company and this girl comes in wearing some suit made for a man, that’s one great way to piss me off ! (Turning back to Hesketh) That’s what you plan on wearing at our shows ?

Hesketh : Of course ! If I’m gonna be the boss, I better stand out from the rest of the crew !

Winner : First of all, I AM the boss around here ! Second, you won’t get this job. If you don’t want to show more skin, you have no place in the wrestling business girl !

Hesketh : Fine! I wouldn’t want to work for a pig anyway ! Coming here was a big mistake…

(Hesketh storms out of the office just as Winner was about to grab her by the arm and who knows what he would have done. Winner is pacing around the room.)

Kingman : Great move Troy, you just blow one hell of a good chance to hire a valuable booker with your silly attitude.

Winner : A fn woman Barry ! I told you a woman couldn’t handle the boys! Hell, she could barely handle herself in front of me

Kingman : You… I… I better try to catch her to apologize.

Truman : All right, I’ll stay with Troy to fine tune our plan.

(Kingman hurries off the conference room trying to catch Farrah Hesketh.)

Booker Hunting - Part 2

The hunt continues...

(Half an hour later, we’re back in the conference room. Kingman, Truman and Winner are interviewing Bob Casey.)

Truman : All right Mr Casey, you threw us your storyline ideas, some seems interesting, some might need some tweaks, but what about the managerial aspect of the job ? You think you can handle a lockeroom full of testosterone and egos ? What about disciplining people or worse firing them ?

Casey : I think the whole discipline thing has to be a group effort. I can’t be everywhere, so there’s gotta reliable people around like a respected road agent and ultimately the man who signs the checks.

Kingman : What about your personal career ? We’re a small company, we expect you to contribute to our shows in addition in booking them.

Casey : I plan to still wrestle, giving a rub to people who deserves it and helping the youngsters learn their craft. All I want is to give some people the chance I never had.

Truman : That’ll be it Mr Casey. We thank you for taking part in this and we’ll get you back with an answer pretty quickly after we’ve done with our couple interviews.

(Casey shakes hand with our executive trio and leaves the office, a pretty confident look on his face.)

Winner : I’m not sold on him.

Truman : I know we might have a killer in Flash, but this Casey seems to have a head.

Winner : Why would I want to put my company in the hand of a fn nobody ?

Kingman : Because his ideas were interesting and he’s competent ?

Winner : Like that bitch Hesketh ? Bull**** ! (over the interphone) Honey, we’re ready to talk to Mr Flash.

Tanya : Well…uhm… there’s kinda a problem with that, honey.

Winner : What do you mean ?

Tanya : Flash should have been here half an hour ago…

Winner : WHAT ?

Kingman : Let me call him.

(As Barry reaches for his cell phone, Winner’s starting to become worried. How the great Steve Flash could be late for this important appointment ?)

Kingman : No answer….

(If Winner’s eyes would have been guns, Kingman would be a dead man ! Kingman quickly tries again, but to no avail. He finally gets someone but he quickly pulls the phone away.)

Kingman : I got Stomper and he’s rather angry. He said Flash left his office after lunch to get to his plane and he thought he would be here now. He wants you to know that if something happened to his champion, he’s gonna make sure we don’t run a show ever again and…

Winner (taking over Kingman’s phone) : F**** you too Stomper!

Kingman : Hey that was… (realizing it’s not worth it)… I’m going to Pearson to investigate this. I’ll try to call Steve on my way.

Winner (about to explode) : Let’s… just call it for now… But be ready when Flash gets here!

(The trio storms off the office almost knocking down a young man by the door. No one even turns around to apologize or to see the man offering his hand probably hoping to meet the executive committee. Disappointment can be read on his face while he collects all the sheets he dropped in that collision.)

Tanya : Here, let me help you sunshine…

A couple of OCC notes :

- I hope you're not put away by the excessive use of the f-bomb. That's how I imagined Troy Winner and couldn't resist in writing him this way. Fortunately, he has no skill whatsoever, so he's gonna be present only backstage skits which should be more infrequent as we go by the shows.

- Tanya is not in the database in any shape as she's just a pretty girl navigating around 4C. If you want to picture her, I'd say look over here in the Render thread, post #523. It's great work by Blashphywebleed and it would fit nicely to Tanya. Yes, she's hot and she's Winner's girlfriend. One more odd couple in the wrestling world !

- Barry Kingman refered to "Pearson" which is the Pearson International Airport in Toronto.

- I added a strong dislike relationship between Farrah Hesketh and Troy Winner following her interview. As usual, Darrly Devine is gone with SWF already. I'm not a big fan of non-agression pacts, I think it kinda spoils some of the difficulties of running a lower tier promotion.

- There's still a couple of backstage skits to come before the first show and I gotta say I really enjoy writing them so far. Stay tuned for more Canadian action !

Security Measures

Security measures

Earlier today – Newark Airport

(Steve Flash is sitting comfortably in his window seat collecting his thoughts about his incoming meeting with 4C. Stomper’s retirement last year made him realized he should look at his after career options. He knows he can still get it done in the ring, but for how long… He doesn’t want to be that guy who sticks around and can barely take a bump. He busted his ass hard all his career on behalf of his in ring work and he’s not gonna be remembered for hanging around too long while he could no longer deliver five stars matches. This booking opportunity might be a good way to give back to the business and…)

Flight Attendant : Ladies and gentlemen, we’re terribly sorry but our flight has been delayed. The plane has been grounded by the airport authorities while they inspect what could be a possible mechanical issue. Please stay calm while we’re serving you refreshments. We apologize for…

(That’s not looking good. Flash’s gonna be late for his meeting. “Well, that’s more time to get myself ready” thinks the legendary wrestler with philosophy.)

When you tought it was over...

When you thought it was over…

The following day – Pearson Airport in Toronto

{After this delay, Steve Flash finally managed to get to Toronto the next morning in another flight. As he gets out of the building to hail a taxi, he notices a man next to a black car holding a sign with name.}

Man (offering a hand to pick up Flash’s bags): Over here Mr Flash, let me help you.

{Flash goes in the car thinking it’s a nice gesture from his future employee to pick him up at the airport. A banal conversations begins between the driver and Flash about the weather and the flight. A few minutes later, Flash grabs his phone.}

Flash: Barry? It’s Flash. I’m on my way, but I wanted thank you for the driver. It was a nice touch to pick me up at… WHAT? You didn’t send anyone (over to the driver) What’s going on? Who are you?

Driver: Don’t worry Mr Flash, everything’s gonna be fine. I’m just driving you to my boss. He wants to talk to you.

Flash: Enough of this! Take the next exit, I’m not going anywhere with you.

Driver (locking the doors): I’m afraid you don’t have any choice. Now, please, hang up your phone, we’re almost at our destination and my boss wouldn’t like to be disturbed in your interview.

{Flash reluctantly hangs up realizing he has nowhere to go other than this car on the highway}

Meanwhile at the 4C Training Center

{Troy Winner arrives at his building holding his girlfriend’s hand a big smile on his face. This girl has a gift to calm Winner, it’s clear. Or maybe she has two big gifts….}

Winner: What’s up Barry? You look like you just watch the selection for Canadian Idol!

Kingman: We have a problem Troy. A big one…

Winner: Don’t tell me Ali’s injured…

Kingman: No, Ali’s fine. But Flash will not be here today.

Winner: What?

Kingman: I don’t understand what happened. Someone picked him up at the airport and is driving him somewhere to...

{Winner’s face is red now and by the amount of f-bomb he’s dropping, we better cut to something else before we know a bit more about the situation.}

Short of solutions

Short of solutions

Two days before Cage Rage – 4C Training Center

{Winner, Tanya, Kingman, Truman and Flash are eating lunch together. Oh yeah, Flash finally made it to the 4C Center ! Winner’s not eating much, he seems pissed off, and I mean more than usual. The only thing preventing him from exploding is probably the presence of girlfriend.}

Flash : Well, thanks for the lunch, but I’ve gotta get back to New York now. You know how Stomper can be…

{Kingman and Truman laugh while shaking hand with Flash. As the NYCW champion grabs his bags and leaves, the executive trio goes back to their job of finding a new head booker.}

Truman : So, what do we do ? The show is in two days.

Winner (now that Flash has left) : What a d****…

Tanya : Troy…

Winner : I offered him so much money and that f***head **** on me !

Kingman : I can’t blame him Troy. He went through a lot of troubles this week. His karma was not on our side.

Winner : Fn wrestlers and their superstitions !

Truman : I thought you’d be used to it by now.

Kingman (cutting the argument there before Winner tries to behead Truman) : Anyway, what are we gonna do ? We’re left with really one option : Bob Casey.

Winner : F**** him, he couldn’t take care of my dog !

Truman : What are we gonna do then ? We can put together a decent show for Cage Rage and continue to look for a booker next week.

Kingman : Or you can give me the book Troy.

{Silence. That’s the first time Kingman openly asks about the job.}

Winner : Yeah, I could do that. You pitch ideas and I have the final word of course.

Truman : Are you sure you want to do that Barry ? I mean, you’re one of the top wrestlers here, you know what people are gonna say. They will say that you can’t have a career based on your talent unlike your father, that you need to buy your way in by holding the book. I know its harsh Barry, but that’s the truth and you know how ruthless our business can be.

Winner : Stop fn playing with his mind Grant !

Kingman : No, he’s right Troy, that was a horrible idea. I don’t want to tarnish my family name.

Winner : Fn wrestlers and their pride !

Kingman : But we have to do something still.

Truman : I say we just come up with a decent showing for Cage Rage and wonder after.

Tanya : What about the kid ? You never interviewed him…

Winner : A fn fanboi, come on !

Tanya : He’s willing to do anything though, he even left his big folder here with his observations and ideas. Let me get it for ya.

{As Tanya leaves, Kingman and Truman agrees to work on the next show lineup pretty much forcing their boss in suspending the booker hunt.}

OCC : In case you're wondering, every weird incident will eventually be explained in the diary. Nothing happens for no reason ;)

Cage Rage 2008 preview

on the 4th monday of January, 4C presents.... Cage Rage

Last Man Standing Match for the 4C Championship : Sayeed Ali (ch) vs Jacob Jett

Two months ago Ali defeated Jett to win the title and now might be the occasion for Jett to reclaim his title. It's gonna be a tough battle, the champion is very resillient... or ressourcesful as other might say while looking at the rest of the 187 Crew!

Barry Kingman vs Davis Wayne Newton

Newton has talent, a lot of it. He kept his mouth shut for most of his run with the company but he recently started questionning his lack of title shot. That promptly brought Mr Reality Check, Barry Kingman who challenged Newton to prove him he's worth all the attention he demands.

The Cannonball Sam Pratt vs Canadian Dragon

The former SWF wrestler Sam Pratt makes his Canadian debut battling our resident high flyer. Be sure to not miss this match!

Hardcore Match for the 4C Hardcore Championship : Brett Fraser (ch) vs Canadian Crusher

The 3rd time Hardcore champion has been on a roll for the last few months. He simply steamrolled his opponents with a mean and destructive attitude. He now has on his road a tough customer as the young Crusher beat easily the competition with his power since his debut.

Too Sweet (Too Hot & TJ Bailey) vs Thug Life (Hardcore Killah & Slim V)

A classic tag team affair between the rugged thugs and the dancing fools. A win for either team would probably put them in contention for a title shot.

Eric Blackley vs K-Squared

Another debut as a young man going by the name of K-Squared will try to make a good first impression by going against the rookie Blackley.

Quick Pick List :

Last Man Standing for the 4C Championship : Sayeed Ali (ch) vs Jacob Jett

4C Hardcore title : Brett Fraser (ch) vs Canadian Crusher

Too Sweet vs Thug Life

Ali's a solid bet for champ, and I kinda like him anyway. Plus, it's usually a bad idea to switch the top title on your first show

Kingman's a solid worker, and one of your top guys

Pratt's probably one of your biggest names. Plus, he's pretty damn good

With Ali's elevation to the top tier, Fraser is the only competent hardcore worker in the company right now

Too Sweet vs Thug Life

This match will suck, as neither team is that good. But Too Sweet are slightly less useless than Thug Life, so they get this one

Blackley's a nobody, K-Squared is at least vaguely familiar

Jett will leave the company sooner than later anyways and Ali is really overlooked as a performer in my opinion.

See the previous answer.

Cannonball can't lose his debut match can he?

Crusher just isn't that good.

Too Sweet vs Thug Life

Thug Life pretty much.. Suck.

Can't decide over two unknowns.. Oh well, I don't know how good Blackley is, so I'll go for K here.

Too Sweet vs Thug Life

Cage Rage 2008

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/4C.jpg

4C presents.... Cage Rage

916 people in the St.Michaels Arena, St.Micheals College, Toronto

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Eric_Blackley.jpghttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gifhttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/K-Squared.jpg

We kick off the new year with the debut of young Canadian wrestler, K-Squared. He looks energetic in the ring, a bit dare devilish, but still solid all-around. He doesn't get much of a crowd reaction as the fans in the arena are busy throwing insults and beers at Blackley, chanting how he can't wrestle through out the match. I can’t blame them, Blackley is very green and he had a bad night. At least, he can take a bump like a champ and that’s he did for over 9 minutes. K-Squared successfully makes his Toronto debut with a nice looking Swanton Bomb to get the three count.

Winner by pinfall : K-Squared

Rating : E

<hr>

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/TJ_Bailey.jpghttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Too_Hot.jpghttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gifhttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Hardcore_Killah.jpghttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Slim_V.jpg

Too Sweet (TJ Bailey & Too Hot) vs Thug Life (Hardcore Killah & Slim V)

A classic battle here in 4C as the two high flyers and party animals Bailey and Hot take on the two rugged gangstas of Thug Life. It’s a clash of styles, but our fans have learned to like it a long time ago and they don’t totally cram on the match. Too Sweet bumps all over the place trying to catch their opponents off guard, but the only thing they manage to do is to confuse Hardcore Killah, which to be honest is not the greatest feat of all. Still, a the old and out of breath after 10 minutes Killah almost beheads Bailey with a stiff clothesline in the back of the head to regain the momentum for his team. He tags his partner in who hits the Murder One (Sit-Out Powerbomb) on Bailey and covers him for the three count as Killah jumps on.. well.. rushes and stumbles on Too Hot to prevent his intervention.

Winners by pinfall : Thug Life

{Thug Life are soon joined by their leader and 4C Champion, Sayeed Ali. The champ rise the belt to the crowd who grants him with a chorus of boos.}

Sayeed Ali : Tonight, I’ll finally put the last nail in the coffin of the annoying Jacob Jett. Two months ago I became the champion and made a bloody pulp out of Jett. You can say whatever you want, that I had some help from my buddies here, Killah and V, I don’t care, that’s the Law of the Street : care about your brothers and be ruthless with the others ! Tonight, it’s not going to be different. Bring all you got Jett, you’re gonna need when I hit you with all my fury if you ever want to fight again. I’m gonna take all you have Jett and bring it back to my people in streets… even that sweet peach you carry around all the time!

{Ali’s grin is wide with that last thought. The 187 Crew goes slowly to the back and with the sexual innuendo in their gestures on their way, you can only fear for Katie Cameron if they manage to get their hands on her!}

Rating : D

<hr>

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/4C_Hardcore.jpg

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Brett_Fraser.jpghttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gifhttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Canadian_Crusher.jpg

Hardcore Match for the 4C Hardcore Championship

Brett Fraser (ch) vs Canadian Crusher

Canadian Crusher is big and menacing, he could intimidate a lot of people, but not Brett Fraser, probably the biggest and meanest individual on our roster. It’s not a pretty brawl as the two wrestlers throw in all they have. That doesn’t stop the crowd to **** on the very green Crusher, but the match is decent enough. Crusher makes a rookie mistake by not covering the champion after a vicious suplex to the floor from the ring apron and goes for the top turnbuckle, chair at hand. It gives just enough time to Fraser to see him coming as he dodges the incoming challenger who hits his head pretty hard on the guardrail. Fraser grabs the chair, hits Crusher in the back of the head then connects with his signature Double Arm DDT on the concrete floor to retain his title.

Fraser is not done as slowly rise Crusher to his feet and rams his head twice in the guard rail! And another Double Arm DDT! Canadian Crusher is busted open ! The look of blood seems to satisfy Fraser who collects his belt and head to the back to a mix reaction.

Winner and still champion : Brett Fraser

Rating E+ for the match, F+ for the post-match attack

<hr>

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Barry_Kingman.jpghttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gifhttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Davis_Wayne_Newton.jpg

Barry Kingman vs “The Triple Threat” Davis Wayne Newton

The show really lifted up with this match. The two times champion Barry Kingman went toe to toe with the gifted youngster Newton, who unfortunately had a bad night. The action went back and forth, both men trading the momentum constantly while entertaining the crowd with some solid technical wrestling. Newton even managed to hit his patented Fisherman Suplex, but Kingman got his shoulder up at the last second. At the 15th minute mark, Kingman finally locked Newton in the Black Out (Crossface) to make him tap out.

Winner by submission : Barry Kingman

Rating : D-

<hr>

{Our backstage cameraman bumped into Too Sweet in the lockeroom area and they don’t look upbeat after their defeat against Thug Life. They rather seem to enjoy themselves with some nice ladies, well maybe girls should be more appropriated judging by their apparent age, as K-Squared enters the room his arms full of bottles of alcohol.}

K-Squared : I told ya you’d like my idea! Chicks and booze, the ideal cure for any sad day !

{K-Squared distributes beverages all-around, grabs a girl by the hips and raises his bottle.}

K-Squared : To my first victory here! And to my new friends!

{Both members of Too Sweet chug some alcohol as K-Squared smacks a big kiss on the lips of his girl. We head back to the ringside area as Terry Smith wonders what it will be if these guys actually win a title at some point.}

Rating : F+

<hr>

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/The_Cannonball_Kid.jpghttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gifhttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Canadian_Dragon.jpg

”The Cannonball” Sam Pratt vs The Canadian Dragon

A portion of the crowd remembers Pratt from his SWF days and gives him a nice round of applause while our heel section makes sure to boo him hard. The first half of the match is rather slow for these two as they carefully study each other. Pratt tries to ground The Dragon by working on his legs but it doesn’t give him impressive results. At this point, the pace picks up, both men go all out without caring about their well-being. At 19th minute mark, Pratt surprises his opponent with a stunning Superkick to the jaw. He quickly goes on top and hits the Cannonball Drop (Top Rope Flipping Legdrop) to get the three count. Nice showing by these two, but it could have been better. The match went a bit too long for Dragon and Pratt had a bad night.

Winner by pinfall : The Cannonball Sam Pratt

Rating : D-

{After the bell, Terry Smith grabs a mic and gets in the ring while Sam Pratt is still playing the crowd.}

Smith : Sam Pratt, welcome to 4C wrestling ! What brings you here in Canada ?

Pratt : Terry, I think everybody knows the last few months have been hard for me. I lost a decently paid-job over debatable reasons, but I’m not the one to complain for a long time. I think some positive will rise from the situation. It’s time for me to show to the world that I can be more than a persona, more than a comedy act. You won’t see me wearing a mask and goofing around, these are things of the past. I’m simply Sam Pratt, a damn good wrestler and proud of it ! Sooner or later, some people will realize how foolish they were of turning their back on me, but it will be too late for them; I will be a superstar on my own !

Smith : Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Sam Pratt !

{Pratt plays the crowd a bit more before heading to the back to a decent reaction. As much a people like good characters here, they also like some good in ring action!}

<hr>

{Seconds before his big match, while the champion already hit the ring, Jacob Jett is pacing behind the curtain, his girlfriend by his side. Barry Kingman approaches him.}

Kingman : Jacob, you know you can count on me. Don’t go there by yourself. I can take care of the Crew for you.

Jett : Barry, why do you think they call me The Amazing ? Not because I rely on backup, but because days in and days out, I go out there and against all odds, I’m the only one standing by the end. All by myself. (holding Katie’s hand) Well, I’m not really alone anyway.

{Before Kingman could reply anything, Jett’s theme hits the arena and the Amazing One heads to the ring leaving Kingman shaking his head in disbelief.}

Rating : D

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/4C_Championship.jpg

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Sayeed_Ali.jpghttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gifhttp://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Jacob_Jett.jpg

Last Man Standing Match for the 4C Championship

“The East Side Assassin” Sayeed Ali (ch) vs “The Amazing” Jacob Jett (w/ Katie Cameron)

The bell has not rung that Ali already blows some kisses to Katie, a very good way to infuriate Jett. The first part of the match is controlled by the champion as he distracts his opponent by playing the girl card. Slowly, Jett gets more focused and the champion is in trouble. A quick mule kick and vicious chair shot to the head even gets the challenge a long 7 count ! Ali is resilient though and strikes back with hard hits of his own. Both men are bleeding from the forehead by the 14th minute mark, the results of many chair shots and a couple of bad drops on the concrete floor. At the 18th minute, The Amazing One corners the champion a series of kicks. Ali drops to his knees giving enough time to Jett to grab a chair and swing at the champion. Jett drops the chair, takes a few steps back… Emergency Landing (Running Knee to the Gut into a Flying Fame Dropper) right on the chair ! The champion is stunned ! Our referee, Andy Gordy, begins the count…1…2…3…4…5… Slim V and Hardcore Killah are rushing from the back… 6.. Killah goes straight for Katie, but Jett sees him coming and connects a plancha…7 Slim V slides in the ring helps the champion to get on his feet. Out side the ring, Jett and Killah are trading blows, but the challenger is quickly outnumbered as Slim V joins the brawl while Ali is in the ring shaking himself up. Killah and Slim V double team is rather effective, they outpower Jett. Double Front Suplex on the guard rail ! Thug Life drags the challenger on the announcer table. The champion rolls out of the ring and gets on the announcer table… GBH Driver (Implant DDT) ! The whole Crew yells at the referee to start the count…1…2…3…4…5…6….7….8…. Jett is not moving!....9… no, not this way…. 10 ! Sayeed Ali retains his title !

Winner and still champion : Sayeed Ali

Rating : C-

{The 187 Crew is not done yet as they raise Jett on his feet. Hardcore Killah holds Jett as Ali and V hits him with a few punches. The exclamation point comes in the form of another GBH Driver from the champion. As Katie Cameron is yelling at them to stop, tears in her eyes, Sayeed Ali turns his attention to her and slowly walks in her direction a big smile on his face. Katie screams and runs away as Ali picks up the pace. Katie passes the curtain, but as the champion gets there, White Angel Frankie Dee comes out chair in hand. Sayeed Ali slowly backs off and joins forces with the Crew. They finally laugh at Dee and retreat by the crowd.}

Overall grade : D

If Pratt was not off, his match might have been a D or even a D+. With the strong main event, maybe I could have snag an overall D+. But I agree, the angle grades were not very good. At least, unless they involve a main event, they lasted only 1 to 3 minutes.

The nifty stripe is a simple html code <'hr>. Thanks for the feedback!

An unexpected turn of events

An unexpected turn of events

{“Another good night, but maybe it could have been better” I thought as I was slowly making my way out of the St.Michaels College. I haven’t missed a 4C show in quite a while, I’m one of their loyal fans, but sometimes, I wish someone would shake things up a bit. As much fun as I have going to their shows, some shows feel a bit static. At one point, 4C was all about creating a buzz each night, but somehow, they managed to find a comfortable spot and haven’t move an itch since then.}

Voice : Hey kid !

{My thoughts were cut short by an unknown but yet somewhat familiar voice. I discovered Grant Truman as I turned around.}

Truman : Yeah, you, kid. Nick’s the name, right ? (I nodded silently hoping he’s not mad about how I acted tonight in the heel section. ) Come over here, we need to talk.

{“In what trouble did I get in” I thought as I followed him around a few halls to end up in the college cafeteria. The room was empty except for a couple of janitors who didn’t pay attention to us. Truman pointed me to a seat and sat in front.}

Truman : So, Nick, what do you think of our show tonight ?

{I babbled something about Cage Rage being a good show mildly impressed by the presence of Truman. Not to mention I didn’t want to get into more trouble.}

Truman : You can cut the crap and relax. I see in your eyes that you were not entirely satisfied and I’m certainly not there to berate you on the way you behave tonight.

Nick : Yeah, sorry about that, we might have got a bit overboard tonight.

Truman : Don’t worry kid, your little group make me laugh some nights. So, about the show tonight, didn’t you see anything special ?

Nick : Hum… Not really. I mean, some new guys debuted, but it was hyped.

Truman : You’re missing the point. Some events that occurred tonight, they were your ideas.

{I felt ashamed I didn’t see it ! At the same time, I was kinda thrilled that someone actually read my sheets.}

Truman (feeling he got me hooked) : Yeah, Tanya showed us your work and we took some liberties with it.

Nick : I’m sure your new booker will come up with better ideas over time. I…

Truman : There’s no new booker yet. Well, unless you want to work with us.

{My heart stopped for a moment there. I wasn’t sure how to react after the initial dumbfounded look. }

Truman : That’s right kid, you heard me right. Barry and I can’t book every show, but we did our best with Cage Rage. We liked some your ideas and work with them. We haven’t talk about it to Troy yet, but I’m pretty sure we can convince him to take you on board. Don’t expect the pay to be great though.

{Truman laughed at the last sentence. I laughed nervously, but oh god things were going fast in my head. }

Truman : So, what do you say Nick ?

Nick : I… I… I’ll be honored to work with you. But you’re sure it’s not a joke ? I heard Steve Flash was considered for the job. He seems a better candidate than me.

Truman : Steve wasn’t interested after all. He still wants to concentrate about his active career. This is a serious proposal kid. You’ll pitch ideas, maybe get your nose in the business, but you won’t be alone. Barry and I will be there to help you and Troy, well, you’ll get to know him. Take the night to consider the offer and be in our office tomorrow morning if you’re still interested.

{Truman slowly got up and padded me on the back before walking away. I sat there lost in my thoughts for maybe half an hour.}

{That’s how I, Nick Howard, basically became the new 4C booker. It was an unexpected career move that many of my friends and parents still don’t understand. I could have been an average accountant for an unknown company, but I choose to follow my passion about wrestling in what might be the only way possible. It’s not like I have the physical attributes to get in the ring at any point! }

January 08 News - Part 1

Mapleleaf-wresling-online.com

Your #1 source of information about Canadian wrestling!

BREAKING NEWS !!! --- BREAKING NEWS !!!--- BREAKING NEWS !!!

http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/Phenomenal_E.jpg

Caught with drugs !

MLWO.com just learned that Ed Larkins, better known as Phenomenal E in 4C or Red Panther in Japan, has been caught with illegal steroids. He's not alone as a list of athletes was made public by the RCMP minutes ago in a press conference. Larkins and others are regular customers of Dr Leo Riley from Oshawa. Dr Riley has been selling illegal drugs for several years it seems, but the RCMP only concluded their investigation recently. So far, no one returned our calls at the 4C office. Stay tuned for more information as the story develops today !

On a unrealted news, MLWO.com can now confirms the rumors : Joey Poison left 4C last week to work exclusively for the Stones. The Canadian wrestling scene also lost two key wrestlers over last night as both Darryl Devile (4C) and Eric Tyler (CGC) opted to sign lucrative contracts with SWF.

Archived