MAW- From rags to riches

After my last very short game with MAW i decided to try again. Now I wont use a graphical background anymore. I don't have a backgroundstory either cause they usually s*ck :) -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B]Roster:[/B] [I]Main Eventers:[/I] DC Rayne Eddie Howard Mainstream Hernandez Oscar Golden Ricky Douglas Stan 'The Man' Manna The Mean Machine' Jean Cattley [I]Upper Midcarders:[/I] Antonio Flash Savage Steven Parker Titan [I] Midcarders:[/I] Atlas Erik Strong [I] Lower Midcarders and openers:[/I] Al Coleman Rockin' Ryan Turner [I]The rest:[/I] Karen Killer (manager) Nicole Kiss (manager) Perephone (manager) Jay Fair (Referee) Marv Earnest (Announcer) Rip Chord (Authority Figure) -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [I][B]December[/B][/I] [B]News:[/B] We terminated Karen Killer's contract because she was the only worker with a written contract. Which are to expensive for promotions like ours. Marv Earnest was released as well, Rip Chord himself will now be announcing every event. [B]Wednesday, Week 3 Old Skool! [/B] - Mr. Chord comes out and welcomes everyone to the first MAW event. [B](B)[/B] -Flash Savage def. Erik Strong by pinfall [B](F)[/B] -Ryan Turner comes down the ring and sings a song he wrote in which he insults Mainstream Hernandez. [B](E)[/B] -Hernandez comes out and a match gets started [B](F)[/B] -Mainstream hernandez def. Rockin' Ryan Turner by pinfall [B](F)[/B] -'Mean Machine' Jean Cattley comes out and lays a challenge to whoever walks down the aisle right now. Stan 'The Man' Manna and Oscar Golden come out. Mean Machine: " Wooah, only one at a time. Lets have a #1 contender match and I'll face the winner next month!" [B](C-)[/B] -The #1 contender match between Stan 'The Man' Manna and Oscar Golden ended in a draw. [B](D)[/B] [B]Attendance:75 Overall Rating: E[/B] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]This show obviously wasn't good, I promis you next week will be better. Hernandez vs. Ryan Turner doesn't seem to work :)[/QUOTE]

[I][B]January:[/B][/I] [B]News:[/B] Nicole Kiss has received a written contract offer by NOTBPW and thus leaves MAW. Not a big loss if you ask me. New Signing! A well known TCW-superstar joins our roster. [B]Friday, Week 3: Mid Atlantic Mayhem[/B] -An army truck is shown at the parking lot. The door opens and Corporal Doom gets out. What a surprise! [B](C)[/B] -He comes to the ring and says he is the baddest man in the universe. [B](C)[/B] -Eddie Howard def. Atlas [B](F)[/B] -Rip Chord announces that due to the draw last week, there will be a triangle match for the Mid Atlantic Championship Title! [B](C-)[/B] -Corporal Doom def. Steven Parker. [B](C-)[/B] -Mean Machine vs. Oscar Golden vs. Stan 'The Man' Manna Machine dominated the match, and just when he's about to finish it Rockin' Ryan Turner runs in and gives the victory for his partner Stan ' The Man' Manna, the new MAW champion [B](C-)[/B] [B]Overall Rating: D Attendance: 73[/B] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]Better than last week. That e. Howard vs. Atlas match killed the C- rating.[/QUOTE]

[I][B]February:[/B][/I] [B]Friday, week 3: Straight To Hell ![/B] -Mean Machine 'Jean Cattley comes to the ring and says there's only place for one big bad guy in MAW. He challenges Corp. Doom to a career vs. career match tonight! [B](C-)[/B] -Colemand def. DC Rayne by pinfall [B](E)[/B] -Coproral doom accepts Machine's challenge if it will be a cage match. [B](C+)[/B] -Steven Parker def. Rockin' Ryan Turner by pinfall [B](F)[/B] -Rip chord comes out and announces that the cage match is next! [B](C)[/B] -Mean Machine def. Corporal Doom by escaping the cage. [B](C)[/B] [B]Overall Rating: D Attendance: 64[/B] [U][B]News:[/B][/U] Corporal Doom has officially been fired. Ricky Douglas contract expired -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]I had to find a way to fire Corporal Doom quick, he was way to expensive for us. The show was OK.[/QUOTE]

[I][B]March[/B][/I] [U][B]News:[/B][/U] Our roster was getting small, so we hired some young, ambitious workers to wrestle in our ring: Kashmir Singh and Keith Vegas. [U][B]Friday, week 3: Springtime ![/B][/U] -Mr. Chord comes out to talk about the future of MAW and announces a debut vs. debut match. [B](D)[/B] -Kashmir Singh def. Keith Vegas [B](F)[/B] -Mean Machine comes out and demands his title back. [B](C)[/B] - Erik Strong def. Antonio and Flash savage (triangle match) [B](E)[/B] -The Rock City Stars come out and tell Machine that if he can beat them in a tag match, he gets his title shot next week. [B](C-)[/B] -Mean Machine and Titan def. The Rock City Stars [B](C-)[/B] [B]Overall Rating: D Attendance: 129[/B] [U][B]News:[/B][/U] Mainstream Hernandez and Persephone's contracts expired. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]I hope to get faster overness by doing medium events (more expensive, but more attendance). Wasn't quite happy about the first part of the show. Hope to get a C- next month.[/QUOTE]

[U][B][I]April[/I][/B][/U] [U][B]News:[/B][/U] Three new signings: Raphael: a rookie brawler Marc Speed: A solid Technical-based worker with good basics and psychology Bad Boy' Leroy: Looks like a gangsta. Quite a good brawler. Contracts extended: Eddie Howard and Mean Machine' Jean Cattley [U][B]Friday, week 3, April's Fool[/B][/U] -Rip Chord comes out and announces that there are three matches today: Bad Boy' Leroy vs. Titan , Erik Strong vs. Kashmir Singh and Stan 'The Man' Manna vs. Mean Machine for the Mid Atlantic title! [B](C-)[/B] -Leroy def. Titan [B](E)[/B] -Stan Manna comes out and says he will win tonight. [B](C-)[/B] -Mean Machine does the same... (How original :p ) [B](C+)[/B] -Erik Strong def. Kashmir Singh [B](F)[/B] -Mean Machine def. Stan 'The Man' Manna [B](C)[/B] [B]Attendance: 131 Overall Rating: C-[/B] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]We finally got a profit (about $ 700) after for weeks of losing money. I kept my word and got a C- rating. The matches sucked tho. Hope to achieve the same next month.[/QUOTE]

[B][I][U]May[/U] [/I] [/B] [U][B]News:[/B] [/U] New York City Wrestling is out of business. The Tic joins MAW [U][B]Friday, Week 3: Chemistry ![/B] [/U] -We've never seen this guy before. It's Marc Speed walking to the ring. [B](E)[/B] -He talsks about how it feels to be the best technician in this company and that he's going to prove that tonight in his match with Steven Parker. [B](D)[/B] -Antonio def. Kashmir Singh. [B](E)[/B] -Natural Storm (DC Rayne and Eddie Howard) comes out. They look very upset. E. Howard: " While we left the locker room to watch the main event last week, someone stole our tag team titles. We would like to know who stole 'em so we can give them a good old fashioned beating!" [B](D)[/B] -Leroy def. Raphael [B](E)[/B] -Marc Speed def. Steven Parker [B](E)[/B] -Marc Speed: "You see?? I really am the best!" [B](C-)[/B] [B]Overall Rating: E Attendance: 119[/B] [B][U]Preview:[/U] [/B] [QUOTE] [U][B]Next Months show:[/B][/U] - Who has the tag team titles? - Will Marc Speed show up again? [B]Stay Tuned ! [/B] [/QUOTE] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]Hmmm...this show sucked. I expected Kashmir Singh to be better he has B for basics and B- for psychology, Technical, Rumble and Flying are all C+. normally Antonio ain't that bad either... I promis you next month will be better![/QUOTE]

[I][U][B]June 2006:[/B] [/U] [/I] [U][B]News:[/B][/U] -Disco Dude (Clarence Smith) signed with MAW) -Erik Strong contract extended [U][B]Friday, Week 3: Showtime ![/B][/U] - The Gods of Thunder (atlas & Titan) come out with a big smile and the tag team titles around their waist! Looks like they stole 'em. Natural Storm comes out and before Titan and Atlas get to the ring they get attacked. Natural Storm takes their titles back and tells them: " All you had to do was ask! Hey, know what... You're gettin an ass whoopin' tonight ! with these titles on the line. [B](E)[/B] -Leroy def. Kashmir Singh [B](E)[/B] -Mean Machine attacks Marc Speed backstage and tells him he's the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be! I can show you tonight... in a tag team with my buddy Al Coleman. I hope you have a friend who wants to team up with you! (*laughs*) [B](D)[/B] -The Gods of Thunder def. Natural Storm by using the ropes for the Tag Team Title! [B](E)[/B] -Speed comes down to announce that his tag partner tonight will be Steven Parker. [B](E)[/B] -Mark Speed & Steven Parker def. Bad Attitude [B](C)[/B] [B]Overall Rating: D Attendance: 144[/B] [B][U]Preview: [/U] [/B] [QUOTE]-Next month there'll be our first 1-houre show! -Almost every wrestler will show up! -With the main event: Mark Speed vs. Mean Machine for the MAW world title. [B]Stay Tuned![/B][/QUOTE] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]This show pretty much sucked as well... The new worker, Disco Dude is a guy who started wrestling this month. his skills: B- technical, B+ Entertainment and A- performance) He's paid 125 a month. Pretty good signing if you ask me :D [/QUOTE]

[U][I][B]July[/B][/I][/U] [B][U]News:[/U][/B] -SWF rizes to global and sign: Jhonny Martin, Eddie Peak, Wolf Hawkins, Shawn Gonzales, Sam Sparrow and former NYCW-owner The Stomper. -WEXXV is out of business. No big surprise, with their garbage wrestling... [B][U]Friday, Week 3: Time for some Changes ![/U][/B] -A backstage interview is shown with Marc Speed. He guarantees victory over Mean Machine tonight. [B](D)[/B] -Eddie Howard def. Raphael [B](F)[/B] -Disco Dude coes out making fun of Antonio. Antonio comes out and attacks him. [B](C-)[/B] -Flying High (The Tic and Erik Strong) def. The Rock City Stars [B](E)[/B] -Al Coleman def. Kashmir Singh [B](F)[/B] -Rip Chord is in the ring and announces that there will be a Tag Team Title match tonight between The Gods of Thunder and The Canadian Blondes (Flash Savage & Oscar Golden. [B](D)[/B] -The Gods Of Thunder def. The Canadian Blondes [B](E)[/B] -Mean Machine is in the ring. Mean Machine: " Well Speed, ya think you're that good, aye? Just to be sure, let's make it a 2 out of 3 falls match! [B](D)[/B] -DC Rayne def. Steven Parker [B](E)[/B] -Marc Speed def. Mean Machine and wins the Mid Atlantic Title [B](C-)[/B] -Marc Speed is celebrating his victory in the ring. [B](D)[/B] [B]Overall Rating: D Attendance: 118[/B] [U][B]Preview[/B][/U] [QUOTE]-Back to our 30 mins shows -Antonio vs. Disco Dude -Who else will show up?[/QUOTE] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]Just the angles and the main event were good, the rest s*cked big time. :( [/QUOTE]

[B][I][U]August 2006[/U][/I][/B] [U][B]News:[/B][/U] -CZCW out of business - The Slayer (female) joins MAW -Big Boy' Danny Patterson joins MAW -Flash Savage contract expired [B][U]Friday, Week 3: Sunny Superslam[/U][/B] -Rip Chord comes out to announce the tag debut of the "Big Bad Boyz" Bad Boy' Leroy and Big Boy' Danny Patterson later on tonight! [B](D)[/B] -Antonio def. Disco Dude [B](E)[/B] -The Slayer comes out and makes an open challlenge for anyone who dares to face her next week. [B](C)[/B] - Marc Speed def. Al Coleman [B](D)[/B] -Big Bad Boyz come out and say they want a shot at Natural Storm. [B](E)[/B] -Big Bad Boyz def. Natural Storm [B](E)[/B] [B]Overall Rating: E Attendance: 121[/B] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]Another bad show. Seems like I'm signing wrong guys :cool: [/QUOTE]

[U][B][I]September 2006[/I][/B][/U] [U][B]News[/B][/U] New Promotion: Pro Wrestling MAW (south West) [B][U]Friday, Week 3: Back To School[/U][/B] -Big Bad Boyz come out to challenge The Gods of Thunder for a title match [B](C-)[/B] -Al Coleman def. Disco Dude [B] (E)[/B] -Mean Machine takes the challenge The Slayer laid last week. [B](E)[/B] -Mean Machine def. The Slayer by cheating [B](C-)[/B] -The Gods of Thunder accept the challenge [B](D)[/B] -Big Bad Boyz def. The Gods of Thunder and win the Tag Team Titles [B](E)[/B] [B]Overall Rating: E Attendance: 65[/B] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [QUOTE]Another bad show, I'll go and check out this Thompson dude.[/QUOTE]

Archived