The Dawn of Nationalism

OOC: Apologies if the writing style and all that jazz is not that good this is me popping my diary cherry lol

The Dawn of Nationalism

The Date: May '83

The Location: Charlotte NC

"This is a rather nice chair Dad"

"Get the hell outta ma seat Junior!"

"Sorry Pa, When is Mr Crockett arriving I'm getting bored"

A door opens and in walks the Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling owner Jim Crockett enters with the current NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair.

"Greetings Barry and...these two are?"

"Sorry Mr Crockett these are my sons Marty and Barry Jr, they both have just debuted and my first act as booker is to bring them on board"

"Jimmy I'm guessing this is the new book you wanted to talk to me about then"

Crockett turning to Marty and Junior " Why don't you go introduce yourself to the locker room"

" Right Jim what is this all about I didn't think I was starting until next month"

" Why am I here Jimmy am I not meant to be getting ready to head out to Colon's"

"That can wait Ric. As I'm sure you are both aware McMahon is trying go national and from what my man in his nest tells me he has got something big going on or about to start"

"Wait a minute Mr Crockett, you have a spy in McMahon's offices?"

"Yeah and I'm positive the son o' bitch has got one here to"

"Anyways I need you Ric to use your clout to see who is willing to come to Mid Atlantic"

"Tomorrow afternoon Me and Jim [barnett] are going to Atlanta to meet with Turner"

"I can't say more just now but Barry I want you to come up with 3 Ideas to keep us going that I can present tomorrow"

"On that note I've got my Licoln waitn' for me to take me to my bird to take me to Puerto Rico, lets have a drink to the new book"

"Thanks Ric, watch yourself over there Junior had his debut there 4 months ago and there was alot of weird stuff going on"

[To be Continued]

The Lockeroom

"I hope we get a shot tonight Barry"

"Nah Pa said tonight he was just in a meeting the show would already be organised"

"Oh well, I was just wanting to have my first offical match"

Watch your back

"Marty, Marty Look its Dusty Rhodes, oh sweet lord and Roddy Piper"

*Sound of laughter* I'm going to guess you two are the new lions then"

There standing with black singlett and huge headress the great Wahoo McDaniel

"So what if we are Old Man" said Barry Jr

"Just rember I may be old but I've earned my place you should look to do the same"

Wahoo walks of after seeing Terry Funk and the two start going over the finish to their match tonight.

"Can you belive that Old Idiot Marty, look at me heck look at you the two of us are more in shape and better than he is."

"Barry quiet your gonna get heat on us and Wahoo is tough, tougher than you think Dad told me a story when he wrestled Rico even Abdullah thinks he is a tough git."

"Weell if it isn't the two apples of our new boss's eyes."

*Stuttering* "Mr Rhodes wow, I know it's inappropriate but can have autograph to show please."

"Haha Why of course the American Dream is always happy to oblige to a fan, who shall I make it out to?"

"Barry Parker Jr sir?"

"Enough of the sir Sonny not even my son calls me that and he is younger than you, just call me Dusty"

"Thanks Dusty"

"What about you Kiddo?" *mockingly* "Do you want one ?"

"I'll pass thanks I need to get home and study I've got mid-terms soon"

"Weell Barry afte the show Me, Valiant and Piper are going into Charlotte, wanna come?"

"Of course although am not 21 yet"

"No problem everybody knows the American Dream it'll be fine"

Barry Jr walks of talking to Dusty.

"Hey kid do you need a lift ?"

"Uhm thanks but who are you?"

"Ha I'm Jody Hamilton, you no doubt know me as The Assasin"

"Thanks Mr Hamilton"

"By the way Son watch your older brother Dusty and no doubt Piper and Slater will be trying to use him as a link to you father"

"Do you really think so but they're the good guys"

*laughing* " Marty isn't it?, listen we need to have a chat in the car about this wonderful biz"

[To be Continued]

Archived