Putting the 'E' back in WWE

[B]September 2005[/B] Ratings were plummeting. Old storylines were being pawned on fans as original and edgy. It was like the beginning of the Monday Night Wars, only there was no competition; WWE was failing simply because it was no longer entertaining. I didn’t expect much from the interview. It was short and sweet. I may have been an advertising guru, but that hardly made up for my lack of booking experience. I could tell by their tone that the appointment was probably the closest I’d get to an actual job. Luckily, I had a Plan B. Up-and-comers in the advertising industry often go to great lengths to get the attention of famous Creative Directors, so I decided to copy one such legendary strategy. Before I left Titan Towers, I asked to use the bathroom. There I planted a wallet “belonging” to Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Along with a fake driver’s license, it also included a dozen storylines for future episodes of RAW and Smackdown. A few days later I received a personal call from the man himself. He said he liked my ideas and my creative persistence. He hired me as head booker, but demanded that I turn the product around. For the next few years (hopefully), I will think of nothing but wrestling. I hope I don’t dream of old women giving birth to hands. That’d be a little creepy.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]October 1st, 2005.[/B] RAW is back on USA. One could take the easy way out, and simply give the product superficial improvements, but I’m not a second-best kind of guy. I want RAW (and the fed as a whole) to be edgy, dramatic, and – most importantly – fun. I want WWE to be seen as a legitimate sport, albeit with some creative twists and turns thrown in. And this renaissance starts tonight, with the homecoming edition of RAW. We’re using the first of our 3 hours for a special “Best Of” program, so luckily my first outing will be the standard timeslot. I’m determined to blend current storylines seamlessly with my new vision so as not to confuse viewers. Therefore I’m forced to book the following announced matches: Matt Hardy vs. Edge Kurt Angle vs. HBK John Cena vs. Bischoff Which one of those doesn’t belong? Oh well, that’s the price I pay taking command of a sinking ship. I’ve also got the dirty job of delivering a few pink slips. Some of these, like Maria, are easily justified, but others, like Lita and Trish Stratus, are a little harder. I’ve never been the biggest fan of women’s wrestling, and these woman deserve more than second-tier storylines. Unfortunately, my decision forced Trish to tears. Fortunately, she accepted a long hug from yours truly. Anyway, once all proceedings are official, I’ll post a full list. I’ve also decided to hire a few wrestlers, and I’ll be sure to clue you guys in once that’s been taken care of. With all that said, we’ve only got a few hours until showtime. Announced matches: Money in the Bank Ladder Match Matt Hardy vs. Edge Intercontinental Championship: Ric Flair © vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito WWE Heavyweight Championship: John Cena © vs. Eric Bischoff 30 Minute Iron Man Rubber Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle Special Apearances by: Stone Cold Steve Austin! Hulk Hogan! And more!

[B]Monday Night RAW Monday, Week 1, October 2005 [/B] And we’re live from the Pontiac Silverdome in Detroit, MI. Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, and Mick Foley greet the audience. Foley names himself as a new addition to RAW’s announce team, and after some friendly banter, we’re underway. ----- [B]Kerwin White vs. Eugene[/B] Before Eugene even makes it up the ramp, the arena is a bathed in foreboding red and Kane charges from the locker room. He beats Eugene to a bloody pulp before heading to the ring. Kerwin doesn’t escape the Big Red Machine’s wrath either. After leaving him unconscious, Kane grabs a mic. “The monster has returned.” He raises his arms and fire shoots from the turnbuckles. His maniacal laugh can barely be heard. The announcers are too stunned to speak, and they cut a commercial after Kane’s unscheduled appearance. ----- [I]World Heavyweight Championship[/I] [B]John Cena © vs. Eric Bischoff[/B] The crowd erupts as the champion makes his way to the ring. Cena retains the title after dominating RAW'S GM. Winner: John Cena. ----- After the match, Edge runs down the ramp and assaults Cena. He grabs a chair from ringside and beats Cena’s head in. But wait! Matt Hardy makes the save! Him and Edge share an intense staredown as we cut to the back. Mick Foley: “It looks like Edge and Matt Hardy won’t be holding back later tonight.” Jim Ross: “But what does this mean for the champion?” Jerry Lawler: “No after party? No celebration? No women?” ----- We cut back to the dressing room, where a battered Eugene is examining his bruises. Instead of looking concerned, however, he appears to be… smiling. Jim Ross: “Now that’s just creepy.” Mick Foley: “I’ve seen that grin before… I’ve had that grin before. I don’t think Eugene will be the same after that assault.” Commercial break. ----- Carlito is in the ring, and announces Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin as tonight’s guests on his Cabana. Hulk says it’s good to be back on USA, but Austin is quick to point out that Hogan had nothing to do with WWE’s zenith on the network. Austin says he was responsible for the company’s success, while Hogan claims that the Rattlesnake doesn’t hold a candle to the Hulkster's legacy. Tension is high as we cut backstage. ----- Edge storms into Vince’s office and demands his title shot. Tonight. Vince thinks for a moment and agrees. JR: “Bah gawd! Cena doesn’t have a chance!” Lawler: “He wants to take advantage. He’s a smart man.” Foley: “What does this mean for the Ladder match?” Commercial. ----- [I]Intercontinental Title[/I] [B]Ric Flair © vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito[/B] Lots of back and forth action. Toward the end, Shelton is lying motionless outside the ring and Carlito is being dominated by Flair. Just as the Nature Boy is doing is trademark strut, who is seen at the top of the ramp? JR: “It’s The Game! It’s Triple H!” Trips looks like he’s gonna congratulate Flair, but instead he lays him out with brass knuckles. The ref doesn’t see it, and Carlito gets the quick roll-up. Winner and new IC Champion: Carlito. ----- After the match, Triple H continues his assault. Flair is bloodied by the sledgehammer, but before more damage can be done, a returning RVD makes the save. He helps Flair to his feet and raises his arm in a moral victory. Triple H does not look happy as he retreats to the back. Commercial. ----- [I]30 Minute Iron Man Match[/I] [B]Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels[/B] A very good, open match between two equal competitors. Shawn barely scrapes by with a 2-1 victory. Winner: Shawn Michaels ----- After the match, Angle grabs a mic and says he is insulted that the fans would support a showman over an Olympic gold medalist. “You want style over substance? Fine. But you’ll regret it.” He throws the mic down and leaves the ring. Commercial. ----- [I]WWE Championship[/I] [B]John Cena © vs. Edge[/B] Cena is still bloodied and tired from the earlier attack. He makes some convincing comebacks, but in the end, it’s just not enough. Edge uses a chair behind the ref’s back to get a cheap finish and becomes the new WWE Champion. JR: “That’s just not right. This is a disgrace.” Winner and new WWE Champion: Edge ----- Edge is still celebrating when Matt Hardy walks onto the ramp. “You used your contract, Edge. But you got the guts to put your title on the line?” Edge smiles sadistically. “You betcha.” Mick Foley: “We’re gonna get two championship matches? What a homecoming!” JR: The WWE Title and these men’s careers are on the line when we come back!” Commercial ----- [I]“Loser leaves RAW” Ladder Match for the WWE Championship[/I] [B]Edge © vs. Matt Hardy[/B] Matt Hardy just might win this one. Edge is out cold. Hardy climbs the ladder and… JR: “Bah Gawd! It’s Christian!” Capatain Charisma runs from the crowd and tips the ladder, launching Hardy from the ring in the process. He helps his brother to the title. Winner: Edge The show fades as these two celebrate in the ring. NOTES: All men peformed to my satisfaction. Michaels and Angle definitely had a MOTY candidate.

[B]Tuesday, Week 1, October 2005[/B] RAW Ratings (on TSN, Sky Sports, and USA): 2,119,335. Last night’s show went very well. The ratings show that not only did a lot of viewers tune in to the homecoming edition of RAW, but they stayed glued to their TVs. Although I don’t think the show will pull in any new viewers, it definitely won’t decrease our popularity with the core fanbase. That’s a good start, I think. The following stars signed their unconditional releases today: Amy Dumas (Lita) Trish Stratus Al Snow Maria Todd Grisham Josh Mathews Candice Michelle Ashley Massaro Torri Wilson Stacy Keibler Bob Orton Matt Anoai (Rosey) Christy Hemme Scott Taylor (Scotty 2 Hotty) Sylvan Grenier Nelson Frazier (Viscera) Big Vito I wish them luck in all their future endeavors. Seriously. I’m not just saying that because it’s company line. A host of backstage workers were released as well, since I felt they weren’t adding anything to the overall product. The announced matches for Smackdown: [I]WWE Tag Team Championship[/I] [B]LOD 2005 © vs. JBL and Randy Orton[/B] [B]Rey Mysterio vs. Nova[/B] [I]United States Championship[/I] [B]Chris Benoit © vs. Ken Kennedy[/B]

I'm sorry, I don't normally do this, but... [QUOTE=MrTootles][B]...and these woman deserve more than second-tier storylines.[/QUOTE] So instead of doing my job and coming up with them myself, I'm gonna FIRE THEM!!! MWAH HA HA HA HHHHHAAAAAAA!!! [QUOTE]Unfortunately, my decision forced Trish to tears. Fortunately, she accepted a long hug from yours truly.[/QUOTE] ...yeah...right. Carry on.

[B]Smackdown Tuesday, Week 1, October 2005[/B] Pre-Show: [B] Booker T and Hardcore Holly vs. MNM[/B] A standard match, with the faces dominating. I don’t have anything planned for these workers, but I want MNM to keep learning the ropes. Winners: Booker T and Hardcore Holly. ----- Michael Cole and Tazz greet viewers from the Bi-Lo Center in Greenville, SC. They spend some time hyping a big announcement from Batista before the first entrance music hits. ----- [B]William Regal vs. Brian Kendrick[/B] A standard match, with Kendrick getting attacked by Regal’s partner Burchill. Nothing particularly memorable happened. Winner: William Regal ----- We cut to a camera feed from the back, where Benoit and Eddie Guerrero are having a heated argument. Chris Benoit looks furious. “You’re a disgrace, Eddie! A disgrace! All these years I’ve respected you for your talent, for your passion, but these past few months have left nothing but a bitter taste in my mouth. Have you forgotten your past? When you let your talent speak for you? Or can you only get by on manipulation? On trickery? Don’t let yourself spiral too far out of control, Eddie... for your sake.” Guerrero takes a few deep breaths and stands nose to nose with Benoit. It looks like he’s gonna strike, but then Batista and Booker T rush in to pull these two warriors apart. Cole: “It looks like Benoit hit a nerve, Tazz.” Tazz: “But do you think Eddie’s gonna listen?” Commercial. ----- We’re back and Christian is in the ring, hosting his Peep Show. “My peepulation need not worry. I am NOT going back to RAW. I just took a trip over there to help my brother out. Edge deserves the title. Matt Hardy? He’s just a whiney ****.” The crowd boos relentlessly and starts a censored “*******” chant. Christian then introduces his guest, Ken Kennedy. The two hype the upcoming US title bout, with Kennedy saying he has something up his sleeve. Just as the interview ends, Teddy Long's music hits. "Sorry to burst your bubble, playa, but I just signed Matt Hardy to Smackdown!" The crowd erupts, but Christian's jaw drops to the floor. He keeps looking over his shoulder nervously. ----- A video is shown highlighting the career of the Cruiserweight champion, Juventud. The announcers explain that Smackdown’s cruiserweights are vying for a chance at the title. The first match in the tournament is next! Commercial. ----- [B]Rey Mysterio vs. Nova[/B] Cole and Tazz don’t mention Nova’s old gimmick, Simon Dean, instead hyping him as an exciting new addition. There seem to be lots of ECW fans in the crowd, since a loud chant is heard. The workers are exhibiting a kind of excitement that seemed forever lost on WWE programming, busting out lots of moves that most fans hadn’t seen in years. Tazz: “You’ll only see this kind of action on Smackdown.” Mysterio is about to hit the 619 when Juventud interferes and ultimately costs him the match. Tazz: “Call me crazy, but I don’t think Juventud wants Mysterio as #1 Contender.” Winner: Nova ----- The cameras cut to the parking lot, where we see JBL getting out of a limo. Cole: The tag team championship is on the line tonight, and it’s next! Commerical. ----- Orton and JBL are in the ring, and they cut a promo explaining their newfound allegiance. Orton is a legend killer, but JBL isn’t a legend; he’s a GOD. JBL says that Orton is the future of the company and he intends to teach him his secrets. "Ooooh, what a rush." LOD 2005's music hits, and we’re onto the match. ----- [B]WWE Tag Team Chapionship[/B] [I]LOD 2005 © verses Orton and JBL[/I] Nothing special, but Heidenrich looked surprisingly good out there. It looks like he’s picking up things pretty fast. JBL and Orton showed a lot of coordination, and their use of underhanded tactics ultimately won them the match and the titles. Winners and new champions: Orton and JBL ----- The two celebrate in the ring, much to the chagrin of the live fans. They head backstage and see Chris Benoit stretching for his match. They walk past, then turn around and cheapshot the US champ. They start a vicious beatdown, then all the sudden Eddie Guererro runs in and chases them off. He helps a battered Benoit to his knees, and the Rabid Wolverine nods his thanks. Commercial. ----- [I]United States Championship[/I] [B]Chris Benoit © versus Ken Kennedy[/B] Benoit was dominating the match (despite injuries) until Randy Orton interfered and hit him with a steel chair. Kennedy did not look surprised, and knew exactly where to be to take advantage. After the match, JBL, Orton, and Kennedy celebrated the win. Winner and new US Champ: Ken Kennedy Commercial. ----- Batista enters to a massive pop. He explains that he’s issuing an open challenge for No Mercy, and wants only the best. He puts down the mic and is about to leave, but then the arena goes dark and the music for the Undertaker hits. He appears on the Titantron, and says he’s accepting Batista’s challenge. The champion doesn’t look worried, but he does look focused. We end the show with a determined Batista standing in the ring. Notes: Ken Kennedy still needs to learn to hold his own, both in the ring and on the mic. Hopefully, JBL’s performance ability will rub off on both him and Randy.

[B]Wednesday, Week 1, October 2005.[/B] As a whole, Smackdown did not turn out as well as I hoped. I think some of our core fans may have been turned off, but I’ll know for sure once the ratings are in. However, a lot of storylines were started, and despite the underwhelming episode I think it might really help in the long run. ----- [B]Friday, Week 1, October 2005[/B][/B] Ratings for Smackdown in Canada indicate that viewers liked what they saw and didn’t change the channel. I hope this is indicative of US ratings. Final contractual negotiations were completed today. Let’s just say things are going to get shaken up a little bit. ----- [B]Saturday, Week 1, October 2005[/B] Ratings for Smackdown (TSN, UPN, The Score): 2,522,329 A good, strong outing for Smackdown. Ratings did decline a little toward the end, but it was nothing major. ----- [B]Sunday, Week 2, October 2005[/B] I feel compelled to respond to some criticisms that I’ve found online. My job in WWE is to book matches and write stories. I am also trying to rebuild the divisions and create new stars, both of which require TV time. Unfortunately, I think the women’s division is too much of a niche product to justify not spending all that time on our core roster. So instead of not giving these girls the push they deserve, I decided to let them pursue other opportunities. It’s nothing outrageous; when a promotion has nothing for a worker, they let them go. And second, I have a sense of humor. Oops. ----- [B]Monday, Week 2, October 2005[/B] Lots of workers complained about their push, but I think they’re all in their proper place. Unless a competitor has plenty of momentum, their position on the card needs to be based not just overness, but also skill and potential. Announced matches for RAW: [I]World Tag Team Championship:[/I] [B]Cade and Murdoch © vs. Kane and a mystery partner[/B] [B]Carlito and Triple H vs. Ric Flair and RVD[/B]

[B]RAW, Week 2, October 2005[/B] We open with a video highlighting RAW’s best moments. Then the announcers greet us live from the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, OH. Jim Ross talks about the audacity of Edge last week, but is cut off when the new champion’s music hits. ----- Edge comes to the ring and talks about his illustrious career. He points out that the belt is back to the original version, and says he’s better than Cena because he outsmarted him last week. On that note, the former champ comes to the ramp and challenges Edge to a rematch tonight. He’s still bruised and bandaged from last week’s assault, but he looks determined nonetheless. Edge, to his credit, doesn’t look worried. That’s when Eric Bischoff joins Cena on the ramp. “I know you have a rematch clause, but there’s no specification for WHEN that has to happen. But I can promise it will happen sooner than later if you win your match tonight… against Kurt Angle!” Cena looks pissed, while Edge is smiling sadistically in the ring. Commercial. ----- [B]Shelton Benjamin vs. Chavo Jr.[/B] Chavo has ditched the Kerwin White gimmick, so the two wrestle a good quality match. Benjamin, in particular, is on the top of his game, and gets more than a few memorable spots. Winner: Shelton Benjamin Commercial. ----- We come back to Triple H already in the ring. He explains his reasons for attacking Ric Flair. “Ric, I took you under my wing when you were but a shadow of your former self. I helped you rise from the ashes, and THIS is how you repay me? By befriending my enemy, Shawn Michaels? By trying to steal my spotlight with the Intercontinental Title? “Fine. You want to bite the hand that feeds you? Well, you’re gonna get more than you can chew.” ----- We go backstage and see Kane walking down the hall. He’s stopped dead in his tracks by the enormous Big Show. “You like picking on the little guys, huh? Well how about you try somebody your own size.” Kane steps nose-to-nose with the giant, and for a tense moment, it looks like all hell will break loose. But then he simply smiles and turns the other away… until he launches a cheap shot. Using a variety of backstage equipment, he leaves the Big Show down and out. Jim Ross: “Kane is on a rampage!” Jerry Lawler: “Will his partner be as sadistic?” JR: “We’ll find out when we come back.” Commercial ----- Kane is in the ring when the show returns, and says that he’s going to bring a new kind of evil to the WWE. And he’s already gained one loyal follower. Mick Foley: “My god! It IS Eugene!” Eugene’s music is now much darker and diabolical. He joins Kane in the ring, and then lets the Big Red Machine pound the crap out of him. And he enjoys every minute of it. ----- [I]World Tag Team Championship[/I] [B]Cade and Murdoch © vs. Kane and Eugene[/B] Kane and Eugene are dominating, but then The Big Show runs in and interferes, forcing the ref to call for the bell. He’s about to be outnumbered, but is joined by none other than Shawn Michaels. The two clear the ring to huge ovation. Result: No contest Commercial ----- We return to Edge psyching up Kurt Angle for tonight’s match. He says that Cena should be no problem, and he promises to return the favor by giving Angle a title shot in the future. ----- [B]Kurt Angle vs. John Cena[/B] Mick Foley reluctantly gives up his seat for Edge, who begins to berate Cena. He gets in a few good lines, but overall is somewhat distracting. Angle has an obvious advantage, but it looks like the former champ has a plan. When Edge predictably walks to ringside (and gets the ref’s attention), Cena uses his chain to knock out Angle. He picks up the tainted win, but he’s definitely more worse for wear. Winner: John Cena Commercial. ----- And we return with HBK and the Big Show ready to give a promo. They announce that they’re forming a tag team, and are dubbing themselves “The Showstoppers.” JR: “And we just got word that these two will be facing Kane and Eugene next week!” Foley: “That match should go a long way for determining the #1 Contender for the tag titles.” ----- [B]Carlito and Triple H vs. Ric Flair and RVD[/B] Great match with lots of action and false finishes. In the end, Flair and Triple H were left brawling outside, and the action got so heated that they got themselves disqualified by using the ringside chairs. RVD and Carlito, the legal men at the time, were noticeably upset by the decision. Result: Double Disqualification NOTES: Once again, all workers performed very well. However, Triple H refused to cooperate with my original booking (Ric Flair and RVD winning the tag match). I hope he doesn’t continue this selfish behavior in the future.

[B]Tuesday, Week 2, October 2005[/B] RAW Ratings: 2,109,326 I’m very pleased with last night’s show. While some viewers were lost overall, the show retained its audience throughout the entire program. There was some drop off during the 3rd half hour, but I think that’s because Cade and Murdoch are not yet established performers. Those viewers did come back for the main event. I’ve also sent Chris Masters and Bobby Lashley to OVW to work on their ring work. [B]Smackdown! preview: [/B] How will Batista react to the Deadman's challenge? Will Matt Hardy confront Christian? After all these years, do Eddie and Benoit still have the necessary teamwork and coordination to pull off a win over the new tag champions? Announced matches: [B]Nova vs. Super Crazy[/B] [B]Rey Mysterio vs. Paul London[/B] [B]Matt Hardy vs. William Regal[/B] [I]Non-title match[/I] [B]The Radicalz vs. Orton and JBL[/B] [B]The Undertaker vs. Christian[/B]

I'm going to be changing the format a little bit, as I've been looking at a few other "dynasties" and will "appropriate" a few ideas. I appreciate the feedback I've gotten so far (even though I may disagree with some of it)... Are there any other thoughts? Are people interested in the stories so far?

[B]Smackdown, Week 2, October 2005[/B] Pre-show: [B]The Tolands vs. LOD 2005:[/B] Nothing fancy. Just something to get the crowd warmed up. Winner: LOD 2005 ----- Tazz and Cole welcome us from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, TX. They hype the main event, Christian vs. The Undertaker, and wonder if Matt Hardy will play any mind games with Captain Charisma. ----- [B]Nova vs. Super Crazy[/B] Nova is intent on capturing the win and proving that he deserves a shot at the CW title, but interference from both Juventud and Psicosis is too much for him. Winnter: Super Crazy Commercial. ----- We’re welcomed back with the legendary Road Warriors theme. Animal makes his way to the ring and announces his retirement. Just as he’s getting a huge show of respect from the audience, JBL and Orton decide to make an appearance. They taunt the legend, saying he’s a sore loser. But it’s just as well, since it’s not like he can cut it anymore. They start pushing him around, and though he makes a convincing show of strength, the numbers game proves too much. But wait! Benoit and Guererro run to the ring and make the save. Cole: “Stay tuned, because a classic tag team match is up next!” Commercial. ----- [I]Non-title match[/I] [B]JBL and Orton © vs. The Radicalz[/B] The match was as good as can be expected, with Benoit and Eddie pulling most of the weight. Randy looked especially poor, but the crowd didn’t seem to notice and we’re captivated throughout the entire bout. With Eddie and JBL dueling outside, Benoit was able to finish Orton. Winners: The Radicalz Tazz: “They should get a shot at the titles now, Cole.” Commercial. ----- We’re backstage, and Ken Kennedy is interviewing Batista. The US champion is mostly hyping himself, however, and then claims Batista is scared of his No Mercy match against The Undertaker. The champion, however, stays calm and states that although he has tremendous respect for the Deadman, he is confident he’ll come out on top. ----- [B]Rey Mysterio vs. Paul London[/B] Mysterio redeems himself after last week’s loss, getting a pinfall over London in an exciting CW bout. Winner: Rey Mysterio. ----- The announcers hype the current No Mercy card, and also explain that the event has been moved to Sunday, Week 3. [I]WWE Tag Team Championship:[/I] [B]JBL and Orton © vs. The Radicalz[/B] [I]World Heavyweight Championship[/I] [B]Batista © vs. The Undertaker[/B] Commercial. ----- [B]Matt Hardy vs. William Regal[/B] Hardy makes a strong showing in his Smackdown debut, but unfortunately the two competitors didn’t really click. It’s a very open bout, but Hardy shows his determination by surviving interference from Regal’s tag team partner, Burchill. He picks up the win with a Twist of Fate. Winner: Matt Hardy ----- Christian is backstage, and starts tearing into Hardy, saying that he’ll have to do a lot more than that to gain back the respect he’s lost over the past few months. “Want an example? Just watch what I do to The Undertaker later tonight.” Commercial. ----- [B]Batista and Booker T vs. MNM[/B] Predictably, Batista and Booker T dominate this match. It does look like the champion is learning a thing or two from Booker T, however, as he shows some newfound technical prowess. Winners: Booker T and Batista. ----- Christian and Batista appear in a movie parody of The Rock’s new film, “Doom.” Batista is a demon, while Christian is the over-the-top sergeant. Both workers came across very well. ----- [B]The Undertaker vs. Christian[/B] The Deadman shows some new martial arts holds, and Captain Charisma manages to hold is own in a match where he’s definitely the underdog. Toward the end, he “accidentally” knocks out the ref and then grabs the bell from ringside. But Matt Hardy runs in and knocks the surprised Christian to the mat. Undertaker makes a clean cover, and we fade with Captain Charisma looking very upset. Winner: The Undertaker. NOTES: I thought this show had some very good matches, and I’m surprised at Batista and Taker’s new technical skills.

[B]Notes from the booker: [/B] Once again, Smackdown didn’t come across as well as I hoped. I think it’s because I’m trying to rebuild the CW division, so I’m putting the spotlight on some relatively unproven performers (in the eyes of most fans). But once the division starts building momentum, I think things will turn around. Not to say it was a bad show, but RAW definitely received the better crowd response. I have released Road Warrior Animal, as I do not want to tarnish his legacy… I think the old bookers did a nice job of that already. [B]From Onlineonslaught.com:[/B] Final Smackdown rating: 2,590,493 This is a small increase from last week. There was also a steady rise in viewers from the first half hour to the last half hour. I’ve also learned that Brock Lesnar lost the NJPW title this past weekend. Does this mean he’s finally reached an agreement with WWE? It’s also been reported that CM Punk has been called up from OVW. [B]From WWE.com: [/B] A exclusive interview with WWE Chairman, Vince McMahon. [Excerpt] WWE.com: What about internet reports that you’ve raided the rosters of other organizations? McMahon: We have not “raided” other rosters. But we did find a few wrestlers that will help us build strong tag and cruiserweight divisions, and we’ve been in contact with those individuals. WWE.com: Brock Lesnar is reportedly back in the US. Lots of people are looking forward to his inevitable debut in the WWE. McMahon: I will not comment on whether fans can expect the return of Brock Lesnar. [B]RAW preview:[/B] Is John Cena medically cleared to wrestle? Kane and Eugene have been a diabolical force the past couple weeks. Will the Showstoppers be able to stop them? And will the winning team get a shot at the tag titles? Rob Van Dam is the guest on Carlito’s Cabana. Will they continue where they left off last week? Does Ric Flair have a response to Triple H? Plus a special appearance by Stone Cold Steve Austin! Announced matches: [B]Kane and Eugene vs. The Showstoppers[/B] [B]Triple H vs. Tajiri[/B] [B]Ric Flair vs. Kurt Angle[/B] [B]Edge vs. ???[/B]

[B]RAW, Week 3, October 2005[/B] Pre-show: The Hurricane and Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Conway and Renee Dupree A standard tag match to work the crowd. Shelton looked very good out there. ----- And we’re live from the Fargo Dome in Fargo, ND. The announcers say they’ll have an update on the status of Cena later tonight. Then they cut to the ring for Ric Flair’s promo. ----- Ric Flair enters to a huge pop and nods his thanks for the show of respect. “Triple H! Yes, I had my problems. Yes, I needed some support. And yes, you were there. But I don't think you’re bitter about me "tarnishing" my legacy. Oh no! I think you’re scared that with me back on the active roster, you’ll never surpass my 16 time (WOOOO!), 16 time, world championship record.” Then Kurt Angle’s music hits and he grabs a mic at the top of the ramp. “Scared? Why would Triple H be scared of someone like you? Ric, even in your prime you couldn’t wrestle, and you expect to beat me tonight? An Olympic gold medalist? You are nothing but an entertainer, Ric. I, on the other hand, am a wrestler. Jim Ross: “Ladies and gentlemen, a classic bout coming up next!” Commercial. ----- [B]Ric Flair vs. Kurt Angle[/B] A great match. Both men were at the top of their game. When Kurt went for the Angle Slam, it looked like it was all over, but a cunning poke to the eyes caused a swift change in momentum. Mick Foley: “It looks like this ‘entertainer’ just outsmarted our Olympic hero.” Winner: Ric Flair ----- And we’re back in Bischoff’s office with a seething John Cena. He demands his rematch against Edge, and says he beat Angle fair and square last week. Bischoff: “You know, I’m not sure if the fans want you to have your rematch.” Boos. “Why don’t we see how how much they like you after you lose to… Gene Snitsky?” Jim Ross: “That’s gonna be one hell of a slobberknocker! And it’s next!” Commercial. ----- [B]Gene Snitsky vs. John Cena[/B] Cena and Snitsky didn’t click too well, and both were unable to mask their shortcomings. But Cena is popular enough (and the match was short enough) that it didn’t matter. Winner: John Cena ----- After the match, Cena grabs a mic and challenges Edge for the WWE Title. He wants it next week, live on RAW. Edge responds from the ramp. “A WWE title shot on RAW?” The crowd cheers. “How about… no. I mean, that’s something that should happen ONLY on PPV.” Massive boos. “Why don’t you just be patient? I’m sure Eric will give you a rematch eventually.” Lawler: “See, Edge knows how to abuse the system.” JR: “Who will Edge face in tonight’s main event? Commercial. ----- [B]Triple H vs. Tajiri[/B] Much better than expected. These two had great chemistry, and a few near falls actually had the crowd believing that Tajiri would win. But alas, it was not to be, and Triple H won with a vicious pedigree. Winner: Triple H Commercial. ----- And we’re back with Carlito’s Cabana. He introduces tonight’s guest, Rob Van Dam. This isn’t much of an interview, though, because both men have open hostility toward each other. Carlito: “Last week, you let your partner get out of hand. Because of you, the Intercontinental champion wasn’t allowed to shine. And thas… not cool.” RVD gets in Carlito’s face, and tells him to quit bitching. Carlito tries to spit an apple in RVD’s face, but it’s dodged and Carlito gets one of those spinny-leg-trips in return. RVD then challenges him to a match. “Hold it right there.” Eric Bischoff makes his way to the ring. “You can’t just go booking yourselves into a match. I like the energy you guys have. It works well. Why don’t you let me book in a match for next week… as a tag team. If you win, I’ll let you have a match at Taboo Tuesday.” We fade to commercial as RVD and Carlito give each other the skunk-eye. ----- [B]The Showstoppers vs. Kane and Eugene[/B] Very good match. In the end, HBK and the Big Show used their veteran experience to barely scrape by with the win. Winners: The Showstoppers. Commercial ----- Kane and Eugene burst into Bischoff’s office and demand a rematch. Bischoff definitely looks intimidated. “Seeing as they interrupted your match last week… I’ll… I’ll see what I can do.” ----- Steve Austin makes his way to the ring to a huge pop. He starts putting himself over and promotes his upcoming movie. Then he gets some beers and starts drinking. All the sudden some unfamiliar music hits, and CM Punk makes his debut. Steve Austin looks at the newcomer incredulously. “Look, I don’t want to ruin your fun. But those beers? Do you REALLY need them? You're a great entertainer Steve. Hell, you're a great wrestler. But imagine how much better you'd be WITHOUT the alcohol." Massive boos. Austin responds simply: with a stunner. Commercial. ----- [B]Edge vs. The Hurricane[/B] Foley: “This is Bischoff’s idea of main event?” A good match, but the crowd was somewhat let down. Winner: Edge

[B]Notes from the Booker:[/B] Another solid show from RAW, but the ratings took a massive dip. I think the storylines, however, are being furthered along, and soon fans should be in for a few surprises. [B]From Onlineonslaught.com[/B] RAW ratings: 2,057,710 Numbers for the first half hour were a lot smaller than previous week’s, indicating that viewers weren’t that enthralled by the announced matches. But they remained steady until the main event… probably because Edge. vs. The Hurricane is pretty much a foregone conclusion. [B]Smackdown preview:[/B] Will Christian respond to Matt Hardy’s attack? How will Teddy Long handle the Cruiserweight title match for No Mercy? Will Batista and Undertaker finally meet face to face? Announced matches: [B]Rey Mysterio vs. Super Crazy[/B] [B]Christian and Ken Kennedy vs. Booker T and Matt Hardy[/B] [B]JBL vs. Chris Benoit[/B]

[QUOTE=CarlitoCoool]Nice E diary dude. Good to see your making some instant changes for the better. May Benoit dominate JBL on his way to buried land ![/QUOTE] Thanks. JBL started with an A in momentum, so I'm not going to put him in his place just yet. But the ending of the match will definitely be a good - or at least interesting - one.

[B]Smackdown, Week 3, October 2005[/B] Pre-show: [B]Regal and Burchill vs. Heidenreich and Holly[/B] Your standard crowd-worker. Winners: Regal and Burchill ----- Tazz and Cole greet us from the Cow Palace in Daly City, CA. They hype SD’s action-packed CW division and the decision Teddy Long has to make regarding the CW title match at No Mercy. ----- [B]Mysterio vs. Super Crazy[/B] It’s obvious from the start that these workers really click. Tazz and Cole weren’t lying in their assessment of the exciting cruiserweights, and these two put on a match of a caliber that SD hasn’t seen since WCW's zenith. Winner: Mysterio Cole: “With all three contenders getting a victory over one another, who will face Juventud for the title?” ----- Following the match, Tazz says he’s just received word that tonight’s main event will be: [B]Batista and Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker and Eddie Guererro.[/B] Cole: “Evolution will be reunited tonight on Smackdown!” Tazz: “That should be one hell of a main event!” Commercial. ----- Batista and Orton are backstage and cut an interview regarding their upcoming match. But both men have different perspectives; the champion is respecting the competitors, but Randy is ****y. The segment ends with the two arguing over the tactics, with Batista refusing to call the tag team “Evolution.” ----- [B]Juventud vs. Brian Kendrick[/B] Not nearly as good as expected, but the CW champion was able to showcase his style and finally get a pin with the help of the Mexicools. Winner: Juventud Commercial. ----- JBL, Orton, and Ken Kennedy make their way to the ring. They grab some mics and start hyping up their new stable, saying that even though they are all in individual matches tonight, they will still prove dominant. JBL: “We compliment each other. We don’t NEED each other.” ----- Backstage, Christian taunts Matt Hardy and criticizes him for his “cowardly” tactics last week. “If you want to face me, then why don’t you do it man-to-man instead of behind my back?” Commercial. ----- [B]MNM vs. Funaki and Steven Richards.[/B] Much better than expected. MNM gets the win after a 5 or 6 minute match, showing a lot of coordination. ----- Matt Hardy is calling out Christian, demanding a match against him at this Sunday’s No Mercy. ----- [B]Christian vs. JBL[/B] Suprisingly enough, both men – including JBL – are pulling their own weight. Toward the end, Benoit hits his hat trick of germans and then climbs the turnbuckle to deliver the swan-dive headbutt. But then two masked men rush from the audience and trip him up. The larger of the pair hits the ring and attacks JBL, while the other is still assaulting Chris Benoit outside. Winner: No contest. ----- Eddie and Rey are running toward the ring to help, but the two mystery attackers are already retreating back through the audience. Tazz: “Who the hell was that?” Commercial. ----- [B]Booker T. and Matt Hardy vs. Christian and Ken Kennedy[/B] A very even match, with a vicious spot where Hardy suplexes Christian from the apron and onto the Spanish announce table. Kennedy needs his partner’s help, but Christian doesn’t look like he’s getting up. He’s nursing his back as Hardy gets the pin. But in one telling moment, Christian is watching the action and standing up pretty straight. But it’s only for a split second, and then he’s back te being "hurt." Commercial. ----- Teddy long is in the ring and starts to announce this weekend’s No Mercy card: [I]World Heavyweight Championship[/I] Batista © vs. The Undertaker [I]WWE Tag Team Championship[/I] JBL and Orton © vs. The Radicalz [I]4-Way Ladder Match for the Cruiserweight Championship[/I] Juventud © vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Nova vs. Super Crazy [I]United States Championship[/I] Ken Kennedy © vs Booker T. Matt Hardy vs. Christian At this point, Christian’s music hits and he practically crawls to the ring. “I can’t face Matt Hardy this weekend. I’m too hurt.” The crowd isn’t buying it, and Teddy Long shows some obvious suspicion. “Fine. Then this weekend at No Mercy, for the United States title, it will be: Ken Kennedy vs. Booker T. vs. Matt Hardy vs. Christian Christian looks upset. “Feel free to just sit on the ramp if you don’t want to compete, playa.” Christian grudgingly leaves, and Long continues. “And finally, Hardcore Holly and Heidenreich will face the two men who attacked Eddie Guererro and JBL... IF those attackers have the guys to show up.” Cole: “What a card!” Tazz: “And what a main event we have, coming up next!” Commercial. ----- [B]The Undertaker and Eddie Guererro vs. Batista and Randy Orton[/B] The crowd is really into this match, but Orton and Batista have an obviously tumultuous relationship. The action is crisp and the offense even, but eventually “Evolution” have too many disagreements and the momentum swings decisively the other way. Winners: The Undertaker and Eddie Guererro We end the show with Taker and Batista face-to-face in the ring, both seething with intensity.

[B]Notes from the Booker:[/B] Once again, SD performs just short of RAW in terms of overall quality. But I really do think things will start to pick up once a few workers make their debut and start gaining momentum. My long-term plans will probably be a little surprising. At the very least, they should produce some good quality matches. ----- [B]From Onlineonslaught.com:[/B] Ratings for Smackdown: 1,515,554 I know who the masked men from Smackdown were, and I also have word that a few more wrestlers will make their debut at No Mercy. It will definitely be worth the buy. ----- [B]Final No Mercy Card:[/B] [I]World Heavyweight Championship[/I] Batista © vs. The Undertaker [I]WWE Tag Team Championship[/I] JBL and Orton © vs. The Radicalz [I]United States Championship[/I] Ken Kennedy © vs. Booker T. vs. Matt Hardy vs. Christian [I]4-Way Ladder Match for the Cruiserweight Title[/I] Juventud © vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Nova vs. Super Crazy Hardcore Holly and Heidenreich vs. ???

[B]WWE No Mercy, October 2005[/B] Fireworks, pyro, the whole nine yards as we’re live from the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. Michael Cole and Taz barely have time to introduce the show before we’re onto our first match. ----- [I]WWE Tag Team Championship:[/I] [B]JBL and Orton © vs. The Radicalz[/B] An excellent effort by both teams. In an exciting finish, Guererro and and Benoit hit a Frog Splash/Swan Dive combination for the win. Winners and new tag champions: The Radicalz After the match, Benoit and Guererro celebrate for the fans. ----- Backstage, Christian bursts into Teddy Long’s office and is astonished that he’d force someone with major back injuries into a match. “Look, I even have a note from my doctor.” “Christian, this is your handwriting.” “What? I don’t dot my ‘i’s’ with hearts!” ----- Then we cut to Batista psyching Rey Mysterio for his upcoming match. Both competitors look eager to get out there and do some damage. ----- [I]4-Way Ladder Match for the WWE Cruiserweight Title[/I] [B]Juventud © vs. Nova vs. Mysterio vs. Super Crazy[/B] Just as the match beings, an unfamiliar wrestler joins Michael Cole and Tazz at ringside. He introduces himself as the “Phenomenal” AJ Styles, and proceeds to berate all the competitors in the ring as sub-par. Unfortunately, AJ’s insults detract from what could have been a MOTY contender. In the end, Mysterio overcomes interference from Psicosis to capture the gold. Winner and new Cruiserweight Champion: Rey Mysterio ----- After the match, AJ makes his way to the ring and insults a weakened Mysterio. AJ claims that he and his friend, Chris Sabin (who then joins him in the ring) will show the WWE what exciting cruiserweights are all about. Then they attack Rey, but luckily Paul London comes out and makes save. He challenges Styles to a match later tonight. AJ smiles and agrees. ----- Backstage again, but this time with Ken Kennedy. He cuts an interview and says he’s the man who will lead WWE into the next decade. ----- [B]Hardcore Holly and Heidenreich vs. ???[/B] Unfamiliar music hits, and then the two masked men make their way to the ring. When they remove their masks, we see it’s the team of Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels. Cole and Tazz identify them as two of the most exciting independent wrestlers working today. Holly and Heidenreich, however, are not impressed, and get right to business. But Daniels and Joe show surprising coordination and – in Joe’s case – agility, and they score a pinfall over a veteran in their debut match. Winners: Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe ----- After the match, a ****y Christopher Daniels grabs a mic and he identifies himself and Joe to the live audience. He calls their team “The Foundation,” and claims that they’re more talented than anyone else on the roster. Most of the crowd have no idea who these guys are, but are sold on his charisma. Daniels demands a title shot against the newly crowned tag champs. That’s Teddy’s cue to come down and refuse, arguing that they have to prove themselves before they can challenge the champions. “If you’re as good as you say you are,” he says, “then it shouldn’t be a problem.” A smattering of boos, since most of the audience would like to see Guererro and Benoit crush these guys, but then The Radicalz join the party. Benoit says that he sincerely hopes that “The Foundation” do get a shot at the titles, so he and Guererro can put “you sons of bitches” back in your place. ----- [I]United States Championship[/I] [B]Ken Kennedy © vs. Christian vs. Matt Hardy vs. Booker T[/B] Another good bout. Christian is playing up his “injury” and staying out of the fray as much as possible, but Matt is quick to catch on and drags him to the ring. At the end, Christian pretends be severely injured, passed out even, and the three turn their attention from him completely. But Captain Charisma is only faking, and he gets a cheap shot at Matt Hardy and scores a pinfall at about the 20 minute mark. Winner: Christian ----- After the match, Christian celebrates and is moving remarkably well for someone who was just trying to get out of a match. He calls Hardy a chump, and says he’s too stupid to be the United States Champion. Hardy runs back to the ring and the two brawl, but security is quick to break them up. ----- [B]AJ Styles vs. Paul London[/B] Cole: “Let’s see if this AJ Styles is really as good as he says he is.” Taz: “I hear he’s phenomenal, Cole.” The two have a good match, and manage to get the crowd into it despite the relatively nameless competitors. No cheating is involved, and AJ gets a Styles Clash in the end. Winner: AJ Styles ----- We go backstage where we find the The Undertaker bruised and battered. Numerous backstage workers are tending to him, but nobody has any clue what happened. ----- Batista comes to the ring and is angry about the mystery attack. “I want the Deadman at the top of his game, to prove that I’m the best. I don’t want this tainted win." He challenges the assailant to come down the ring and answer for his actions. Tazz: “Oh my god! Here comes the pain!” Brock Lesnar makes his return to a mix of cheers and boos. Batista’s eyes widen before narrowing dangerously. Lesnar says that he wants Batista to win the match tonight so that, when he gets his title shot, he can prove that “The Animal” is just an imposter, a sub-par replacement for the real beast of the WWE. The crowd is really into the whole dynamic. Eventually, Teddy Long interrupts the staredown to announce that the Undertaker will be able to compete tonight. The crowd cheers, but it's obvious the Main Event isn't the real story here. ----- [I]World Heavyweight Championship[/I] [B]Batista vs. The Undertaker[/B] The Deadman is severely weakened, but he still manages to put up a good fight. Batista’s strength is just too much, and he unleashes a massive spine-buster for the pin after a solid 15 minute match. Winner: Batista ----- At the end of the match, Lesnar returns to the ramp and challenges Batista and Undertaker to a tag match on next week’s Smackdown. “I didn’t come back alone,” he says. The show fades with Batista helping Taker to his feet, both of them looking very pissed… and a bit worried.

[B]Notes from the Booker:[/B] A very solid PPV. My road agents claim it won't increase our popularity in new markets, but all our core fans should have enjoyed it. Some thought I used the debuting Daniels and Samoa Joe too much, but I can tell that they've gained quite a bit of momentum for two performers who, before last night, were relatively unknown. ----- [B]From Onlineonslaught.com:[/B] No Mercy buy rate: 814, 846 [Excerpt] "Match of the night was easily the opening tag match, with the ladder match a close runner up. I don't think AJ has good mic skills yet, or nearly enough personality to be put in such a role, but the segment as a whole definitely served its purpose. "If you want a clue as to the identity of Brock's mystery parter, well... He's never wrestled in a WWE ring before." ---- RAW preview coming soon.

Thanks for the comments guys. [B]RAW Preview:[/B] How will Eric Bischoff handle the chaotic tag team situation? RAW's newest star, CM punk, wants to make an open challenge for Taboo Tuesday. Who will accept? Bischoff is forcing RVD and Carlito to team up against two mystery opponents. Can the duo forget their rivalry and win a chance to face each other at Taboo Tuesday? John Cena has been denied his rematch. Will he finally get the chance come Monday night? Announced matches: [B]Tajiri vs. Chavo Jr.[/B] [B]Carlito and RVD vs. ???[/B] [B]Shawn Michaels vs. Kane[/B] [B]John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Ric Flair[/B]

Archived