Kidd trade rumors

Guest IrishHand

Guest IrishHand
Seems like the most recurring theme is the Mavs possibility, at least right now. If you were Dallas - and this assumes that Kidd comes back healthy in a couple of weeks and looks like the league's top PG - would you want to trade for him if the cost was (to make up his $15M salary): Alan Henderson ($8M) Devin Harris ($3M) Shawn Bradley ($4M) I'm assuming Henderson would be included to give the Nets cap relief next season, and Harris would be their real trade target, giving them a cheap Kidd replacement they could platoon with Planinic. Bradley is a throw-in mostly 'cause I couldn't fid anyone else on the Mavs roster that could help the Nets that they'd actually want (salary-wise).

Well, Bradley would give them a replacement for Alonzo so they could trade him as well. I could see the Mavs doing this. They never seem satisfied. They're never going to have any kind of team chemistry. Basically what it comes down to is cap space, and Devin Harris, against Jason Kidd. If I was New Jersey ... and I had a suitor for Alonzo, I'd definetly do it. Then you'd be rid of your 2 largest contracts (minus Jefferson's extension). Of course, I'd try to rid myself of Zo's contract even if I didn't trade Kidd, yet.

Archived