How much can we edit?

At some point I would like to tackle historical rosters for this game. They wouldn't be 100% exact, but I think they would still be fun to have. I'm curious to how much we will be able to edit in this game. I would like to be able to edit the default rosters and incoming recruits. Can we import a custom recruit file into the game, or export one? It would be fun to edit stadiums, coaches, and schedules as well. I could see how schedules might be kind of hard to tinker with. But how cool would it be to try to lure a young Bobby Bowden to your school?

It's going to sound like I'm whining, but I don't understand why nobody on the development team can answer my questions. I have bumped this thread twice now, I have sent a private message to Arlie, as well as an e-mail. I have seen probably over 15 questions answered back in detail, but yet mine aren't given the same attention despite my persistence. I want to make some historical rosters for this game, or a future Solecismic release, with the later being more likely now if customization is improved in TCY. Before I start gathering materials to make the rosters accurate though, I would like to know whether certain customization will be available in this game. I just wish that some of my questions were answered in a more customer friendly manner. That's the end of my rant.

There will not be skills editing of recruits in this version. If you change one guy, we have to redo all the rankings, scouting, combine information, regional rankings, interest levels, etc. It's too much to bite off for a first-version game. There will be complete in-game player editing and I am looking at other options as well. But for now, only the in-game is assured of making it for release.

Archived