Cena s The Rock??

machinesxe

The Rock's probably right to distance himself from wrestling right now. Partly due to the negative press the industry gets. Partly because he needs to establish his identity as an actor, separate from being "that WWF guy".

In a couple of years though, if The Rock finds his Hollywood feet, if a franchise kicks off, if he starts commanding the big bucks as a premiere leading man, a fight with John Cena, or some other top name, in a Wrestlemania Main Event, could do BIG bucks. That's one of the things WM25 is missing, a big non-wrestling attraction. It has no Mr.T. No Floyd Mayweather. The Rock could be that AND could probably deliver an awesome wrestling match.

I think it's a tad too soon though. I'm still rooting for him to really nail Hollywood first.

If this whole thing with Jericho leads to an Austin vs Jericho match then that will be Mania 25's big thing this year. Yes, unlike Mr T and Floyd Mayweather he is a wrestling personality, but he has not been an active wrestler now for some years but would draw many fans in if he is to have a match, especially as it would be seen as officially being his last match and the fact he is one of the mostloved superstars in history.

Been thinking about this possibility for a few years down the line, it could be so freakin awesome but not worth mulling over for the time being really. Jericho/Rourke woulda been cool on the celeb front, not as big as Trump or Mayweather but still more interesting than the proposed handicap match. Jericho/Austin would be awesome to build up to but I just don't see it coming to fruition and if it did I'd be worried about the outcome...Austin will probably come out and Stunner Jericho at Mania either way which will be all well and good.

Just have Jericho vs Jerry Lawler. Stone Cold comes out and stuns Y2J, King wins in his first ever mania match and the crowd goes nuts.

Jericho does't lose anything despite lsing to King, because it was down to interference and from there he can become even more of an arsehole, whining all the time etc etc

Why would you book Stone Cold on a show and not advertise? People will pay to see Austin. He should be bait, to make people buy the show, not a reward for those that do.

I guess he's getting inducted in the HoF, but will people put 2 & 2 together?

Archived