Programming Help :) Kinda...

UFC-KING

Hello All,

I've Just gotten Visual Basic, and I am completely clueless when coming to using it. I've learned some of the basic stuff from online tutorials. But I'm still not able to do much. I've been wanting to create a game for some time now, and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in partnering up. I'm up for any kind of game, be If Football, soccer, wrestling, MMA, whatever, as long as I can assist in createing the database :D

If anybody is interested in making a game or just helping me out with programming, please give me a shout, I'm reacheable at GDS or my e-mail which is Cybernator96@hotmail.com, if you do send me an e-mail, please tell me who you are or I will delete it subconciously.

Cheers everybody,

PJ

I did a bit of VB back in school but all the games I ever did were really simple "worm" / racing games. It takes a lot of time to learn the language and if you're going to do all by your own, it'll take even more time, especially if you're never programmed before. I suggest of just sticking to the basics and not trying to create anything too complicated right from the start. I'm sure there's a lot of good tutorials all over internet to help you. :)

I did a bit of VB back in school but all the games I ever did were really simple "worm" / racing games. It takes a lot of time to learn the language and if you're going to do all by your own, it'll take even more time, especially if you're never programmed before. I suggest of just sticking to the basics and not trying to create anything too complicated right from the start. I'm sure there's a lot of good tutorials all over internet to help you. :)

Thanks for the quick reply FIN :)

My only problem Is I've got too short of an attention span to look at the tutorials, I've read them over and over but I've still had problems understanding them, if anybody could give me some help I'd be very grateful

Thanks for the quick reply FIN :)

My only problem Is I've got too short of an attention span to look at the tutorials, I've read them over and over but I've still had problems understanding them, if anybody could give me some help I'd be very grateful

Helping across the net is also a lot more difficult than what it could be on "hot seat". I suggest that you should take up a course in some school or someplace else where someone teaches you that stuff.

PS. Short attention spam and programming really don't go together :D

Helping across the net is also a lot more difficult than what it could be on "hot seat". I suggest that you should take up a course in some school or someplace else where someone teaches you that stuff.

PS. Short attention spam and programming really don't go together :D

Yeah I have been searching for a program somewhere to learn how, at least there I don't really have to read :D

most collages/universitys have a visual basic course. You might have to take a few classes first but it is the best way to learn. To be honest though if you are expecting something "huge" visual basic is not going to be the language you want to learn. Basic is a good program but you are not going to get high qually programs with it in my opinion.

most collages/universitys have a visual basic course. You might have to take a few classes first but it is the best way to learn. To be honest though if you are expecting something "huge" visual basic is not going to be the language you want to learn. Basic is a good program but you are not going to get high qually programs with it in my opinion.

Wasn't Visual Basic what Adam Ryland used to create all these games ?

Yes but in all honesty you are not going to be able to go to a store and buy a game is basic. All the tew/wmma/wisi games are basic and to be honest they are cutting edge visual basic.

Regardless, I still think that Visual Basic is a good place to start if you are just getting into programming.

Use Visual Basic for your interface. Use Visual C++ for the actual programming.

But then, I have a notorious mad for Visual Basic. It's not really made for serious programming. Hell, I'm amazed TEW works with it... tho I still say if it was rewritten in, say, C# then it would run twice as fast and use half the memory. :)

If you really want to do game programing in visual basic i forgot about a program made just for game design in basic. It is called Darkbasic, i have not used it but i have heard alot of praise from it from my game design buddies.

Archived