D.O.T.T. v3.0 Released!

After three years in the making, I am pleased to announce the release of...

Death of the Territories: The Legends Edition

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/BoonsGhost/Pencil3.jpg

Fortified with 200% more Wrestling Bears... and Midgets!!!

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/BoonsGhost/BMMC.jpg

When you think wrestling bears, think D.O.T.T.

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/BoonsGhost/PeeWeeJames.jpghttp://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/BoonsGhost/Hercules.jpghttp://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/BoonsGhost/LittleBruiser.jpg

Required v3.0 Downloads:

Data

Belt Pictures

Logo Pictures

Move Pictures

People 1

People 2

People 3

Optional Download:

D.O.T.T. Specific Backgrounds

v3.25 Update:

Data

New People

-------------------------------

Install:

1) Create a New Database named D.O.T.T. through the Main Menu Database

2) Open C:/ Program Files / GDS / WreSpi2 / Data -- there you should find a D.O.T.T. folder

3) Unrar the D.O.T.T.rar file to the main D.O.T.T. folder, overwriting all data

4) Unrar all People.rar files to the D.O.T.T. People folder

5) Unrar logos.rar to the D.O.T.T. logos folder

6) Unrar belts.rar to the D.O.T.T. belts folder

6) Unrar moves.rar to the D.O.T.T. moves folder

Optional Backgrounds:

* Unrar Screens.rar to the WreSpi2 Screens folder, overwriting all data

Note: I have included all original Wrestling Spirit 2 background artwork, renamed with an 'OLD' suffix. In this way if you wish to revert back, just remove the suffix and overwrite.

I recommend it. But then D.O.T.T. is the only data I play.

-------------------------------

For what it is worth:

I will say that this particular version of this particular data happens to be the culmination of everything I had hoped to accomplish with the Death of the Territories series of mods over these past 5 years.

It is hard to express my appreciation of Wrestling Spirit 2 without coming across as a silly fanboy - but it is truly one of my all-time favorite games.

If D.O.T.T. in any way enhances someone else's game experience - as it does my own, any and all effort that went into this is worthwhile.

** I'd like to thank Troy Perry for all of his hard work in testing this data. His suggestions over these past months have benefitted the mod to the point where I can honestly say that it plays 100% better. Well done, chum!

Enjoy!

And let's continue to hope for a Wrestling Spirit 3. It can never hurt.

Or can it, Adam?

:D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I have often done with D.O.T.T., it is May 1983.

However, the starting date is moot this go around.

With so many Legends lumbering around - not to mention the 'future stars', the data is a composite of several eras. While some promotions start with actual rosters for the time frame, most are of the 'historical ideal' variety.

For example: Sgt. Slaughter & Don Kernodle should in all actuality be placed in the WWF, as both jumped from Crockett to McMahon in late April of '83. Considering their war with Steamboat & Youngblood, though - I left them in MACW.

Another example would be the starting roster of Detroit Championship. That promotion has many of its historical stars; The Sheik, Bobo Brazil, Sailor Art Thomas, etc. - plus a few future stars that started there later in the 80s, such as Sabu and Bam Bam Bigelow.

I think with the way the moves are set out with their frequencies, and with the way the A.I works, the computer has a distinct disadvantage, I'm about three hours into an Andre the Giant game, and I can barely get any offence in, it's arm hold, leg trip, mat wrestling, ten moves later I finnaly get out, I try one move, they get out straight away. And I've tried everything, and it's not just Andre cos' in all of the tag matches I've been in all of the people the player uses have significantly shorter move sequences. I know that the amount of work needed to change this would be immense, as it is a huge database, and their a lot of moves that need to be considered, but it's more of a warning to people who are wanting to play it.

Well Orange, my first reaction to your post is - keep trying. :)

I'll concede that DOTT isn't easy by any means, and trust me, I know this as I mainly play Rookie To Legend careers with it, being 'fed' to established workers left and right, LoL. However, I'm somewhat surprised that you're struggling so much as Andre - he's an absolute beast!

Care to elaborate on the kinds of strategy that you employ in matches though - especially when being beaten on? As Andre, are you trying to 'Break' moves rather than 'Slipping Out'? Are you Bracing strike attempts when your Momentum is Normal or above? When attacking, are you wearing your opponent down with smaller holds/strikes to gain the Momentum advantage prior to attempting lower frequency moves? Please note that I'm not passing judgement here, just trying to get a clearer picture. :)

Oh, and as Boon would say; when in doubt, punch the referee .. that's what he's there for. :D

Well Orange, my first reaction to your post is - keep trying. :)

I'll concede that DOTT isn't easy by any means, and trust me, I know this as I mainly play Rookie To Legend careers with it, being 'fed' to established workers left and right, LoL. However, I'm somewhat surprised that you're struggling so much as Andre - he's an absolute beast!

Care to elaborate on the kinds of strategy that you employ in matches though - especially when being beaten on? As Andre, are you trying to 'Break' moves rather than 'Slipping Out'? Are you Bracing strike attempts when your Momentum is Normal or above? When attacking, are you wearing your opponent down with smaller holds/strikes to gain the Momentum advantage prior to attempting lower frequency moves? Please note that I'm not passing judgement here, just trying to get a clearer picture. :)

Oh, and as Boon would say; when in doubt, punch the referee .. that's what he's there for. :D

Mainly breaking, as I expect that his power would make it the best option, but I also brace strikes a lot. I do block and slip out of things, just to mix it up and to see if anything works. The only thing I have found out is that it's better to slip out of a standing side headlock than to break it. And that if you miss a giant stomp your leg damage is like a whole 3-5 points (fuzzy memory).

But, don't let that take away from DOTT, it is easily the greatest mod in the history of GDS, of Adam's games and of WS2.

EDIT: If you include the cornellverse, they are drawn at first.

Mr. Socko nailed it; D.O.T.T. is meant to be tough.

I am currently playing a Gino Hernandez Superstar Mode career. After the first month of play, I am sitting at 8-1.

* The Dynamic Duo (Tully Blanchard & Gino) d. Dick Slater & Manny Fernandez

* Gino Hernandez d. Steve 'Dr. Death' Williams

* The Dynamic Duo d. Bruiser Bob Sweetan & Al Madril

* Junkyard Dog & Mil Mascaras d. Hernandez & The Snowman

* Gino Hernandez d. Bob Sweetan, for Southwest TV Title

* Gino Hernandez d. Tiger Conway Jr., to retain Southwest TV Title

* Gino Hernandez d. Al Madril, to retain Southwest TV Title

* Gino Hernandez d. Tiger Conway Jr.

* Gino Hernandez d. the Junkyard Dog, for the Houston Heavyweight Title

Granted, I have only had four matches where Hernandez faced quality opponents -- and the JYD & Mascaras tag team bout was a complete and utter squash (curse you, Snowman!)... but my point is that it is possible to win.

My main advice:

* Pay attention to Momentum. Unless you have it on your side, the opponent is going to have a field day on you.

* Rather than attempting High Level moves as soon as possible, continue the lower level attacks & wear downs to maintain Momentum advantages.

* Counter to your strengths. As Troy mentioned, a Giant should typically not attempt Slip Outs of very many moves. On the other side of the coin, midgets are best off ignoring the Break counters. And unless they are facing smaller midgets (mini-midgets?), they are best off ignoring Brace attempts.

Again, the mod is meant to be tough. Just ask Socko! He finished a Rookie-to-Legend game not long ago that lasted until March of 1986. His character was essentially an enhancement talent (or one step above - heh) with a final record of 61-132.

Still cracks me up...

Hopefully you won't get too discouraged, Orange.

Mr. Socko nailed it; D.O.T.T. is meant to be tough.

I am currently playing a Gino Hernandez Superstar Mode career. After the first month of play, I am sitting at 8-1.

* The Dynamic Duo (Tully Blanchard & Gino) d. Dick Slater & Manny Fernandez

* Gino Hernandez d. Steve 'Dr. Death' Williams

* The Dynamic Duo d. Bruiser Bob Sweetan & Al Madril

* Junkyard Dog & Mil Mascaras d. Hernandez & The Snowman

* Gino Hernandez d. Bob Sweetan, for Southwest TV Title

* Gino Hernandez d. Tiger Conway Jr., to retain Southwest TV Title

* Gino Hernandez d. Al Madril, to retain Southwest TV Title

* Gino Hernandez d. Tiger Conway Jr.

* Gino Hernandez d. the Junkyard Dog, for the Houston Heavyweight Title

The wrestling world will bow to the power of the worlds ugliest flying elbow? :)

Seriously though, victories on JYD and "Mr.Piledriver"(as well as Slater & Manny....actually that's kind of a cool tag team) are kind of a big deal,for that part of the wrestling world,anyway.The other matches remind of your typical "See a top tier guy beat a guy who didn't stand a chance on TV,buy a ticket to the arena show if you want to see the top stars fight" stuff you saw on TV at that time,even the tag team match is reminiscent of the old "Team of well-known guys versus a well-known guy and a jobber" tag match they had on sometimes.

All in all it is already looking like a phenomenal mod...sweet new pics,more places to choose from(Yay St.Louis!:)),even more wrestlers than before(!), revamped moves,and older guys who can go enough that you might consider playing them instead of picking a younger guy.Only thing I really did was fill in a few of the vacant belts as accurately as I could,which is minor as it only took a few minutes and only has to be done one time ever.

World's Ugliest Flying Elbow??

Randy Savage meant to replicate The Handsome Half-Breed's Dying Duck Elbow from Above, but ended up with....

Well, something a lot better. :D

--------------

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Warrior. I hope you have fun with it.

Heh... and speaking of, I just started a career with Kevin Von Erich expressly for the purpose on turning on your namesake and the other horse-faced brothers. :)

Would be fun to play one of those Von Erich kids like their old man and Uncle Waldo; blood-thirsty villains who weren't afraid to bust out the Goose Step Mania taunt.

Except Mike Von Erich; He would never be fun to play.

** In my first match as Kevin VE, I faced Billy Robinson in St. Louis. I felt like I was in one of those old 'Hold of the Week' demonstration skits they used to run. Heh. Robinson just tore me apart.

Curse those scientific wrestlers!

If the stories are true,the extremely ugly flying elbow of doom was so ugly because the rings in texas were old boxing rings,so were very hard for taking bumps on....the ugliness was Gino trying hard to protect himself and the other guy from a big bump on a ring not designed for taking bumps more than anything.

A Kevin heel turn doesn't sound all that impossible....since David and Kerry were the ones that got most of the press(and the female fans,I'll wager),I could picture a "the OTHER brother gets frustrated and jealous,then turns on his own family" angle....well ok,maybe not IRL WCCW since Fritz pushed the boys as matinee idol rock stars who could do no wrong but anywhere with you know....logical and sensible booking,it could happen.....heck,at least would give David and Kerry someone new and interesting to feud with......they could bring in Baron Von Raschke or Karl Krupp as a partner for Kevin......then Fritz gets involved and un-retires for 87165th time......Brody shows up......aw heck i gotta go play some D.O.T.T. for TEW2008 now.....

I think i'm going to have to re-install wrespi2 just to play this! You fiend DBS! just when I thought I could develop a better relationship with my wife then the one I share with my PC and you go and drop this bomb on me! Seriously though, thank you so much for all the hard work. Take a well desreved break my friend (and then make a modern mod for wrespi?) - well, like you said yourself, no harm in trying is there? :)

Take a well desreved break my friend

Neeeever gonna happen .. Boon is "Mr. Tweaky" - that's what makes D.O.T.T. so darned great! :D

(and then make a modern mod for wrespi?) - well, like you said yourself, no harm in trying is there? :)

This actually made me laugh out loud. :D

I think i'm going to have to re-install wrespi2 just to play this!

Ditto! :D Although I can't seem to find the email I saved with the license number. I have a feeling it may be on my sisters laptop though in her house because the last time I played Wrestling Spirit was when I was there.

Archived