D.O.T.T. v3.0 Released!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if this were to happen I'd have the uncontrollable urge to make love to Boon, and then probably you for suggesting it.

Ladies and gentlemen, our moderator.

Wow, can one man love some software that much?

Then again, Panix did say he and his laptop are having their relationship interrupted by his wife... (or was it the other way round?)

Or is it just your way of hiding your true love for D. Boon and Panix?

Either way, DOTT is an AWESOME mod. And his next project should be making a massive database that allows my Andre the Giant to sucsessfully headbutt Snuka.

Honest to God, Massive french guy. Tiny samoan fly. End result. Nothing happens.

Ladies and gentlemen, our moderator.

Wow, can one man love some software that much?

Then again, Panix did say he and his laptop are having their relationship interrupted by his wife... (or was it the other way round?)

Or is it just your way of hiding your true love for D. Boon and Panix?

I think you underestimate Panix's prettiness. Panix and I go way back to the days when I used to.... what's a suitable word? Beat? nope not strong enough, Beast... Yeah that's better, when I used to beast him at FIFA :cool:

Boon and DOTT were the reason I got addicted to Wrestling Spirit, he was also the reason I got addicted to C-Verse when I got frustrated at the difficulty of DOTT :p. Primarily i'm a C-Verse player but I do play DOTT in Wrespi 2 and I play 2 real world mods in the TEW series and DOTT is one of them.

I think you underestimate Panix's prettiness. Panix and I go way back to the days when I used to.... what's a suitable word? Beat? nope not strong enough, Beast... Yeah that's better, when I used to beast him at FIFA :cool:

Boon and DOTT were the reason I got addicted to Wrestling Spirit, he was also the reason I got addicted to C-Verse when I got frustrated at the difficulty of DOTT :p. Primarily i'm a C-Verse player but I do play DOTT in Wrespi 2 and I play 2 real world mods in the TEW series and DOTT is one of them.

Same, but vice versa. When C-verse is to easy, I was intorduced to DOTT. Surprised you didn't whip me for my Clarity comments. But you know it's so true.

Orange, I do not understand what is going on with those headbutts. Andre's movesets feature the Giant Headbutt & Repeated Giant Headbutts. Both of these moves are set as Normal v. Samoan Skulls.

Are you using those variations, or the standard?

Well see, I had been headbutted by him plenty of times with no affect. And I was using the standard headbutt a lot as it's got a higher frequency. So yeah, I guess it's just me trying to use different tactics to beat the game. dAMN.

It's a matter of opinion really. There are areas where I know his work is stronger than mine and vice versa there are areas of my work that I feel are stronger than his.

But his rate of improvement has been incredible recently. Check out the work at the beggining of the render thread, and then check out his latest work.

But yes, your work is too varied to make a accurate comparison to Clarity's.

Started a RtL career just for kicks while deciding who my diary will be about;someone in the style of a Thesz or Dory Funk....small guy(middleweight),technician,good on the mat....first two matches are a close loss to Blade Runner Rock and a tag squash in SECW (Thanks Robert Fuller,my first win!:)).....then it is to St.Louis where my unkown rookie must take on the very popular Bulldog Bog Brown in a 2/3 fall match.....Bulldog beats me down and takes the first fall with the Running Powerslam....2nd fall begins are I begin the technical stuff,wearing down the legs...Bulldog responds with underhanded tactics and upsets the ref badly....I take him down and work the legs again,Bulldog flips out and throws me over the top,drawing a DQ!Fall 3....it goes back and forth...I'm trouble....Bulldog breaks out the taped thumb...countered with a kick....DDT....in a moment reminiscent of Brad Armstrong beating Hawk,I win!The kind of scary thing is Bulldog and I were a C+ match(I could have done at least a B- if I didn't have to rely on so many "wear down" moves to get back in the match),and in my pro debut,I pulled a B- match out of Rock...somewhere I imagine Ric Flair saying "1st time out and a good match with Rock?Keep your eye on that kid,he's going places...."

Greatest mod ever.

Thanks a lot for your kind words and the great little write-up, MDW.

I get a great kick out of seeing the bad guys flip out. One of the best ones I experienced was fighting Don Leo Jonathan as The Sheik. I guess the Mormon Giant had some aversion to pencils or something, as Jonathan flipped out and Mad Man Dropkicked me off the top turnbuckle to the outside of the ring for the DQ.

I laughed for a good five minutes after that one. :)

I hope you continue to have fun with it.

Just had to share this one, as it was one of the greatest squash matches I have played:

Southwest Championship Wrestling, 2 vs 2

The Dynamic Duo vs. Santo Negro & Terry Daniels

The Heel Handshake Sneak Attack was countered into a Side Headlock Punch to Face.

Gino Hernandez easily rolled through with the Arm Wringer Tomahawk Chop.

Hernandez rakes his fingers across the eyes of Negro...

Hernandez with a Full Arm Drag and Twist...

Gino Hernandez tags out to Tully Blanchard.

Negro is getting the stuffing pounded out of him out there by The Dynamic Duo!

Tully Blanchard hit the Seated Back Kick

Tully Blanchard tags out to Gino Hernandez.

The Dynamic Duo hit the Tag Double Elbow Drop

Gino Hernandez tags out to Tully Blanchard.

Negro is getting stomped on without mercy by The Dynamic Duo!

Tully Blanchard begins to wail away on Negro with a flurry of right hands...

The referee warns that that was illegal.

Tully Blanchard picks up Santo Negro.

Tully Blanchard hit the Jab Punch

Tully Blanchard tags out to Gino Hernandez.

The Dynamic Duo hit the Tag Forward Suplex Gut Buster

The referee begins the count...

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

The referee's hand starts coming down...

3!

The fans start a chant of 'That Match Sucked'.

Idiot fans. What do they know?

That was the greatest 2:40 of wrestling they'll ever see!

:D

Any game that lets me finish guys with a Rolling Hammerlock Takedown(favorite finisher for my technical wrestlers,it's old school,yet awesome) is a win in my book.:)

Nice fast squash match,even finished it with a nice tag finisher....you'd think it would get you over as a dangerous team....heck quick squash matches like that DID get The Midnight Express over as a dangerous team in Mid-South,as well as The Road Warriors,Billy Graham,and Magnum T.A. in MACW......those crazy WS2 fans.....if it isnt a Magnum/Tully,DiBiase/Flair, or JYD/Michael Hayes level match they just aren't having it lol.

Incredible work, if this was a full priced game I'd probably have bought it 2 times already just to give it to some poor sod who wouldn't know what he was missing! :D

Luckily, I don't have to! Commendable job on the entire thing, just a shame I have to scrap the Savage diary I was working on and start afresh on the newer version, but so be it.

I like that you've done backgrounds aswell, but have you thought about maybe personalising them so they're a little more geared towards the mod? For example have some old school wrestlers on the background instead of Tommy Cornell?

Glad to see it's finally here so, I take it this is the ultimate, platinum edition so to speak? We won't be seeing any more updates in the future at all?

... I like that you've done backgrounds aswell, but have you thought about maybe personalising them so they're a little more geared towards the mod? For example have some old school wrestlers on the background instead of Tommy Cornell?

Glad to see it's finally here so, I take it this is the ultimate, platinum edition so to speak? We won't be seeing any more updates in the future at all?

The Rookie to Legend and Superstar Challenge Career modes have old Apter magazine covers (and whatnot) for almost all of their backgrounds.

Once photobucket comes back online, I'll post a few screen captures so you'll know what I am talking about. :)

As far as future updates?

I am always tinkering, but I doubt anything of major importance will be released for a spell. If I do happen to catch something, I'll make note of it here so that you can change it at your leisure.

Sorry -- but poster Dutt reminded me:

The 'Heel Handshake Sneak Attack' is meant to have -15 Body Impact damage.

I'd suggest changing that in the editor - either in-game or out.

--------------

And another...

The Jose Lothario move set stupidly does not have 'The Lothario Full Nelson' assigned to it.

If you want to assign it yourself, go into the editor - select the Move Sets - Jose Lothario - 'The Lothario Full Nelson' will be one of the Standing moves.

Apologies for that one.

But his rate of improvement has been incredible recently. Check out the work at the beggining of the render thread, and then check out his latest work.

But yes, your work is too varied to make a accurate comparison to Clarity's.

Hey guys.. Chill.. Theres enough of me to go around :D

After a few days of goofing around with my RtL wrestler,I can now say I understand why St.Louis was often times considered the "centerpiece" or "crown jewel' of the NWA for many years...my 3rd month in the business and I am cracking into the midcard in other promotions,while in St.Louis I am "enhancement talent"....dead last on the popularity/push list....SLWC roster is like a Who's Who of Wrestling for '83....both Funk brothers,Gene Kiniski,Harley Race,Jack Brisco,Pat O Connor,Thesz(which accounts for almost every NWA Champ in the modern era,and definitely every NWA Champ since the mid-60's,only Rogers,Watson,and Hutton are missing IIRC)...then there are all 3 Von Erich boys,Dick The Bruiser,Jerry Blackwell,plus the local Mid West heroes like Bob Brown,Buddy Roberts,Jerry Brown,Roger Kirby....call me odd but it's sort of fun putting those guys over,with the excitement of the occasional upset win.....at least at the end of the day noone can say my rookie didn't pay his dues.

You obviously know your 'rasslin history, MDW. It is equally obvious you are a person of good tastes. :)

St. Louis is one of my favorites of the new promotions for the very reasons you've listed; the sheer quality of the wrestlers makes it special.

Big Time out of San Francisco and Steel Belt are just as unique - if perhaps for different reasons.

Steel Belt, in particular, is special, in that it is the composite promotion of my father's youth.

As far as being a 'ring legend' (whatever the heck that means), I sure wouldn't rank Tony Marino's Battman on the same level of a Lou Thesz or Pat O'Connor. However, when you consider emotional attachment, Battman surpasses them because he was one of those guys my father loved when he was a kid.

Plus, they've got Johnny Powers. :) That guy was a huge civic hero in Cleveland during the 70s. As a matter of fact, I drive down Powers Blvd. (a street named after the guy in Parma) just about every day.

Shires' Big Time roster - like St. Louis' - is a cool little snapshot of the late 60s - mid 70s. I may have exaggerated it a bit with the inclusion of Gorgeous George there - but in general it is a Who's Who List of California legends.

-------------------

The older I get, the more pull nostalgia has on me.

It's sad. But it does make for a nice Wrestling Spirit 2 mod!

:D

Thanks for the compliment DBG,I always did consider myself a part of the "wrestling should be presented as a sport,not a soap opera or stunt show" set, and kind of an amatuer "pro wrestling historian"...if you wheel.

I did notice that while just "browsing" around the promotions: Big Time out of SF has a stacked roster,while it might not be 100% accurate to May '83,it is a very good composite that really shows off just how integral some of these "smaller,lesser known" promotions were in the days when the NWA was solid(which I would put from about '48 up until late '81/'82 when Mr.Muchnik retired)...I could almost visualize Ray Stevens jumping off a ladder.:)

Steel Belt is interesting in a different way;a classic "local" promotion full of "home town hero" type guys,I like it just because you can interact with and wrestle against people you normally don't get to work with,plus I believe in starting off small and working my way up to "The Big 3(or at this time is it The Big 4?)"...feels more real to life in that i pay my dues until I "earn" a spot on the national stage rather than zooming right to ME status.

I have to say,boy what a difference some reworked moves make;my RtL technician/hooker type wrestler has only had 4 bad matches(1 Fand 3 D) out of 15 matches so far,those were all total squashes with one side getting in no offense,so a low grade is to be expected...the other 11 I was able to get at an Average© 7 times,2 good(B) and 2 great(A) matches....I even managed C/C+ in several 6 man tag matches(which usually suck),pulled out good matches with Rock(Ultimate Warrior),Rick Steiner,and Humongous(Psycho Sid/Sid Vicious),without having to resort to crazy high spots over and over,just good old mat wrestling and a little application of psychology in my moves selection....for a mod to be so detailed yet the moves are so balanced my character both works and feels exactly the way I wanted him to is truly amazing.

Thanks, MDW. I tried. :D

Working against Sid, am I safe to assume you are working Southeastern?

If so, can you keep an eye on the promotion for me? They are one of the few that I have never revisited for stat and move set tweaks; I am unsure how well their roster is playing.

It looks fine from the results, but I've never faced one of the Fullers or Jimmy Golden (as example).

Much appreciated.

Thanks, MDW. I tried. :D

Working against Sid, am I safe to assume you are working Southeastern?

If so, can you keep an eye on the promotion for me? They are one of the few that I have never revisited for stat and move set tweaks; I am unsure how well their roster is playing.

It looks fine from the results, but I've never faced one of the Fullers or Jimmy Golden (as example).

Much appreciated.

Yes,since there are less shows now(and thus less scheduling problems/overlaps),I decided to try out some of the promotions I never picked before(which is a good thing,mod feels more "open" now),I went with:

SLWC(awesome roster plus its brand new,wanted to try it)

MSW(Fun promotion I have a soft spot for,plus Watts is known for making today's raw talent into tomorrow's superstar)

SECW(A classic "southern" promotion I have a soft spot for as well,plus I get to wrestle Mr.Olympia and The Flame/Assassin sooner or later:))

SLWC:Sadly my time in SLWC was short lived as I was only being used once every 4 shows,not that I can blame them since every card they run is stacked:a typical card will see Thesz/Brisco, Race/Dory Funk,Dick the Bruiser/Terry Funk,Kerry/Kiniski all one one show....heck even their "lower midcard" guys are established people like Buddy Jack Roberts.In the end Mr.Muchnik and I decided I should go work for Mr.Geigel for a bit to get some seasoning.

My opinion: SLWC is an awesome promotion for established wrestler,possibly even surpassing MACW as the premiere NWA promotion,everyone plays like I imagine they should,it is not rookie friendly at all,still I felt like one day I have to return and main event in St.Louis to prove I made it;which is historically accurate,even Flair said the night he felt he made it was the night he main evented St.Louis.Only thing I can say is the TV and monthly event are the same size,maybe it could be tweaked so the monthly event has more matches,maybe back off just slightly on the 2/3 falls matches,I know St.Louis traditionally all title matches are 2/3 but it is funny to see on low level squashes.

MSW is a well working territory with a good blend of match types and a great roster;after a good match against Rock,Watts gave me the push with Louisiana Title matches until I finally lost to Rick Steiner,even on random tag matches I drew the same partner multiple times (Darsow),all wrestlers I have played with/against seem to work well,I have not touched the top tier guys yet,we'll see how they go.

My Opinion: MSW is working well so far,unless their is a glitch in the top tier.

SECW:Got the Lower/Midcard push off the bat,I think here I have wrestled the greatest variety of opponents;Both Fullers and Humongous work well,Rick Gibson is ok but his moveset seems slightly thin and heelish,both Nightmares may need a little tweak down as they can even give Robert & Ron Fuller a hard time with their ability to slip/avoid moves.Jimmy Golden I have yet to see in action.Overall,it is pretty good except for maybe a minor moveset/stat tweak or two,the only bigger thing I noticed is they used 6 man tag matches just a shade too much(or maybe I just had strange luck of the draw).

More 6 man tag matches in SECW(that needs to be tweaked down a little).....I got to use Stan Frazier,I noticed the moveset "Hilbilly Heaven" needs to be tweaked badly...no basic strike outside of Clubbing Blow/Kick to Gut and the moveset is generally low on moves,makes it very hard to have a decent match;I know Hillbilly Jim/Cousin Luke/Uncle Elmer are never exactly going to be Ric Flair,but they could use some move set love.

I'm on it. :)

* SECW Promotional AI settings changed to lower 6 Man matches.

* The Hillbilly Heaven move set tweaked

* Rick Gibson given his own Move Set

* I've also gone through a handful of U.S. regional stars and raised their 'home town' popularity to reflect their absolute standing there. At one point I lowered them slightly (85-90 range), but decided to change it back (95-99) so that when you do face them in their home territory, it is all the more challenging.

David & Kerry Von Erich (Mid South)

Ric Flair & Ricky Steamboat (Mid Atlantic)

Ray Stevens & Pat Patterson (South West)

Buddy Rose, Roddy Piper, & Jimmy Snuka (North West)

Hulk Hogan, Verne Gagne & Nick Bockwinkel (Mid West)

Bruno Sammartino (Great Lakes & Tri State)

Tommy Rich, Mr. Wrestling II, Kevin Sullivan & Jerry Lawler (South East)

Carlos Colon & Abdullah the Butcher (Puerto Rico)

Archived