Front Office Football 2004, Version 5.1

Guest Solecismic

Guest Solecismic
First off, thanks, Arlie, for letting me post this here. And best of luck with the new company. Great to see you already have Gary's basketball game released, with many more successful releases on the way. Solecismic Software is proud to announce the release of Front Office Football 2004, version 5.1, a full update for the latest game in our series of award-winning career-play football simulations. Version 5.1 is free for those who already own Front Office Football 2004. New features include a 2004 player file and schedule and a primer offering a completely random player universe with every new career. As a pre-holiday shopping period bonus, we are dropping the purchase price to $29.95 for those of you who don't already have the game. Solecismic Software is an entertainment software company dedicated to producing cutting-edge career football simulations. We have two products available: Front Office Football, our professional football simulation, and The College Years, our college football simulation. A career-play football simulation focuses on elements of the game you won't find in more traditional computer games. Please visit [url]www.FrontOfficeGames.com[/url] for more details about the release and to try free demonstration versions of our products.

Awesome update from Jim, and even more being for free and adding as much features after a year. He did the same a month ago or so with his college football game TCY. Thumbs up for him.

• 2 weeks later...
5.1a upgrade released with more VERY important changes: [url="http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?t=32366"][color=#800080]http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?t=32366[/color][/url] 1) Brand new staff and scout bid limit algorithm. 2) Staff and scouting costs reduced significantly (they were putting most teams solidly in the red). 3) Punt Average Yardage now displayed correctly on player statistics screen. 4) Tweak in AI used to set player salary demands. This is about two thirds of the way between 5.0d and 5.1. Call it 5.0t (t being closer to z than a, which preceeds c, which is after b...). 5) Increase passing yardage in engine slightly to reflect the effect of the new defensive penalty calls. This increases offense a bit across the board, including some rushing numbers. 6) Injury notification on roster screen when player is 100% in Single-Player mode. This never did work, now I think it does. 7) Tweak to LB blitz limitations. Still not truly representative of a linebacker who lines up outside the end and rushes consistently, but a little better. 8) Player File creation program now correctly inputs year 7 bonuses with a contract. Not that the NFL's current agreement allows that, but since that would screw up the cap for FOF purposes, I do. Besides, the NFL will correct it soon enough. 9) The default player file now has these year 7 bonuses, and player #24 for Denver now has a more realistic year 6 salary (he was the only one). I did not update with recent renegotiations because I don't have a reliable source for exact numbers. I also did not include contract years that have easy voidable clauses, which is the case with many high-round rookies.

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Solecismic] Version 5.1 is free for those who already own Front Office Football 2004. New features include a 2004 player file and schedule and a primer offering a completely random player universe with every new career. QUOTE] I believe it would be a free update as it says any1 who owns FOF 2004 is a free update? I could be wrong as I'm not sure if 4.0 was part of 2003 or w/e.

[QUOTE=Tom.A][QUOTE=Solecismic] Version 5.1 is free for those who already own Front Office Football 2004. New features include a 2004 player file and schedule and a primer offering a completely random player universe with every new career. QUOTE] I believe it would be a free update as it says any1 who owns FOF 2004 is a free update? I could be wrong as I'm not sure if 4.0 was part of 2003 or w/e.[/QUOTE]It is free to those who own Front Office Football 2004, not those who own Front Office Football 4. Two differerent games.

Archived