DaVE: 21 and Invincible

“Merry Christmas, I Could Care Less.” The song was one of Fall Out Boy’s unknown’s, and the lovely acoustic guitar strumming came from my speakers as I drove to McGaw Arena, in an attempt to see some of my favorite wrestling stars in the world light it up in front of thousands of fans. It was December, and the songs was one of the dozen adequately themed pop-punk songs on my iPod play list talking about love and angst in this, the greatest season of the year. But enough about music, we’re here to get talking about the real man’s sport, wrestling. The only event where men in tights can go from looking they’re trying to fondle each other to ripping each other’s faces off with cheese graters within five minutes. And oh, how I love the Violence, the Danger too, especially when they’re put together, and taken to the extreme! Pardon the corniness of that last bit, but if you didn’t get it, I’m talking about the best little fed on the east coast, Danger And Violence Extreme, or DAVE, as most of the Nation will soon know it as. They have a TV show that’s got a little bit of notoriety throughout the wrestling world, “DAVE: Danger Zone TV” After a few more miles, a few more songs, and I’m there, and I’ve completed the ½ hour trek that I’ve made every week for the past almost 2 years. It started off as just fun, but then it grew in to an almost obsessive love. Any time not spent hitting the books (I’m in college by the way, with a major in Film Production and a minor in Creative Writing) was spent hitting the boards. The DAVE official site fan boards that is, where while I don’t like to brag, I’m considered somewhat of an icon, or a massive nerd, depending on how you look at it. But for me, going to shows isn’t just for the fun, I’m there analyzing almost everything, in typical smark-ish fashion, because my college isn’t for nothing, it’s to prepare me for a career behind the scenes of the squared circle. My highest point in DAVE Fandom history was when I got to talk with Nemesis after a show and we discussed booking, current storylines, and how he’s dropping the ball with The New Wave. I managed to catch up with him on OurSpace (where all the cool kids are now-a-days) and we’ve discussed subjects on a weekly basis, at least. Last night he left me a message telling me he’d be waiting for me at the next show, so meet up with him before the doors open, which is how I arrived here, inside my Thursday Night home face to face with a man I’ve feared most of my mark life, Nemesis. “[B][I]So, you really think that a few changes in the booking method will not only save us money, but help get us further over?[/I][/B]” He said, in complete and total interest. “[B][I]Of course! I mean look at SWF! Amazingly over and look at their booking… alright, maybe that was a bad example… But still! Just trust me on this one. I’ll watch tonight’s show, and if I’m not satisfied, we’ll be having a talk, mister.[/I][/B]” Yeah, that’s right, I actually threatened a guy who has “ended more careers” then I could count. What did he do? Merely smirked and said “[B][I]Alright, I have just the guy to talk to afterwards, just go to the locker room and if any security stops you, say Nemesis brought you.[/I][/B]” So like that, I was off to my seat, after buying last month’s Pay Per View on DVD to get another chance to watch Caufield and Martin take on The Peak Brothers, a personal underdog favorite of mine. So the show was off to a slow start, with Acid going over Matt Sparrow in a match the only took to the air in the finale, for only a minor pop. Afterwards was a cat fight between the beautiful Extreme Emma and Cat Jamsen, with Emma coming out on top thanks to brutal interference from Bryan Holmes, who played his heel role perfectly. And the main event was a major letdown, with The Peak Brothers facing an unknown team, which wound up being The Chaos Demons, who came over from WEXXV thanks to the two promotions working agreement. Personally they should have saved the money it took them to fly them to America and faced them against The Animalz. That’d be a draw, and a lot better match then what we were treated to. After the show I took a straight path right to the locker room, and had no problem with security, surprisingly. I looked around and was in awe. All my favorite workers together in one room, in person! To say this was a dream come true was an understatement. Morgan, Holmes, Martin, Laramee, Peak, Wolverine, and the man himself, Phil Vibert, who is even more impressive live than on TV, and was coming towards me?!? Oh god, this can’t be good. “[B][I]Hey, You’re the one Nemesis sent to talk to me, right?[/I][/B]” I nearly died; Phil was “the guy”? What was Nemesis trying to pull? “[B][I]Uh, I suppose so sir.[/I][/B]” “[B][I]Sir? Hah, loosen up kid, just call me Phil.[/I][/B]” “[B][I]Alright, umm… Phil.[/I][/B]” “[B][I]There we go, now, what you’re here for is rather important. I’ve read your work and all your opinions and editorials, thanks to Nemesis of course. And I have to say, I haven’t seen a mind like yours in this industry in a long time.[/I][/B]” I blushed, and started to like how this was going. “[B][I]Well thanks, sir, the nice words are greatly appreciated.[/I][/B]” “[B][I]Well it’s the truth, which is why I wanted to talk to you. Nemesis has shown interest in going full time back into the ring, leaving us with a gap in the Head Booker department, and rather than sign someone from the outside, I’d like to keep it local, with someone who knows the company probably better than most of the workers do, which is why I want to offer you the position of Head Booker. What do you say?[/I][/B]” Say something, don’t just stand there looking like a fool! "[B][I]Uhhh…. Uhhh…. Uhhh….[/I][/B]" Phil started laughing. “[B][I]I’ll take that as a yes.[/I][/B]” I nodded. At least I still had some motor skill left. So, there you have it, my “[B][I]rise to power[/I][/B]”. Oh, and by the way, the name’s Jake Longg, DAVE Head Booker. Merry Christmas indeed.

Show 1 [B]DAVE: Danger Zone TV:[/B] [I]The Inaugural Episode of the Longg Era.[/I] [B]Singles Match[/B] [U]JD Morgan vs. Matt Sparrow[/U] The opener consisted of JD Morgan facing “Bird boy” Matt Sparrow, in a rather even match up. Sparrow mounted an offence, but quickly got knocked off track and lost, by submission, to an armbar. [B]Winner: JD Morgan[/B] [B]Rating: [I]C+[/I][/B] Afterwards, Morgan celebrated and mentioned that Sparrow put up a fight, but he was nothing compared to people he’s faced in the past. [B]DAVE Tag Team Titles Match[/B] [U]The Animalz(c) vs. The New Wave[/U] The DAVE Tag Team titles were on the line in the show’s second match, which pitted Champions The Animalz against the tandem that many people consider the two that could revive Tag Team wrestling, The New Wave. The New Wave picked up the win when Scout pinned Big Cat Brandon cleanly, which was a great surprise to everyone in attendance. [B]Winner and NEW DAVE Tag Team Champions: The New Wave[/B] [B]Rating: [I]C+[/I][/B] Backstage, celebrating their victory, Extreme Emma caught up with The New Wave for a few questions, including the clean victory. Scout said he was offended that the crowd thought so poorly of them, and the clean victory showed how serious they are about bringing honor and prestige to the belts. [B]DAVE Brass Knuckles Title Barbed Wire Match[/B] [U]Eddie Peak(c) vs. Vin Tanner[/U] In a barbed wire match for the DAVE Brass Knuckles Title, Champion Eddie Peak was upset by “The V Man”, Vin Tanner. What was even more shocking then the fact that he lost was the nature of the finish. Eddie actually lost the match by the expense of his brother, Doug, who attacked Eddie. [B]Winner and NEW DAVE Brass Knuckles Title Champion: Vin Tanner[/B] [B]Rating: [I]C[/I][/B] The cameras cut to the back in the middle of a very raucous scene, where a bloody Eddie Peak was going on a verbal tirade on his brother for him costing him the title. He seemed quite heated and his Doug looked quite emotional, until Eddie said “What happened to family loyalty?” to which Doug very calmly responded with “I don’t know, why don’t you ask yourself the same question when you’re sitting down and tying up your boots in the SWF locker room next week.” The place went dead silent and it was said to be an extremely powerful segment. [B]#1 Contender Triple Threat Match[/B] [U]Nemesis vs. Eric Tyler vs. Shawn Gonzalez[/U] The Main Event of the first Danger Zone TV under Jake Longg’s ownership was an outstanding match, it was a triple threat to decide who’d be the first person to get a shot at Bryan Holmes’ title, with the big man Nemesis squaring off against Eric Tyler and Shawn Gonzalez. Nemesis picked up the win in convincing fashion, and earned himself the ever elusive title shot. [B]Winner: Nemesis[/B] [B]Rating: [I]A[/I][/B] [B]Overall Rating: [I]B+[/I][/B]

Archived