im a bit lost scheduling my cards.it seems important to know how many fights i need to put on, as its a major factor in how often i can put on shows. i would think fans would expect a certain minimum number of matches based on your popularity, but theres no in game indication of what that number is, if it does exist. im also wondering whether the lengths of the fights or the frequency of cards might affect this. so does anybody have any answers or suggestions on these matters? more specifically, has anyone found a schedule/setup that seems to work really well for GAMMA?

I'm using GAMMA, and personally I've been doing 7 fight shows every 5 weeks (with the odd TV show thrown in occasionally). Doing that, I've with a few exceptions, been able to put on a good main event every show, and have a decent selection of fighters to choose from for the undercard.

Probably not the best way, but it's worked pretty good for me. :)

thanx for the input guys, i had actually just assumed you were limited to 2 prelims like in TEW:rolleyes: One thing im noticing is that going for a ppv every single month from the beginning doesn't seem to work out very well. And looking at the real world, UFC werent running one every month until they were an established International company, so... think ill try six weeks, see how that works.

I am using GAMMA and I usually put on 1 PPV a month with 8-10 fights (usually 5 fights on the main card) on each card, as well as a TV show which I run every 2 months (again, 5 fights on the televised portion). This schedule has worked well so far.

thanx for the input guys, i had actually just assumed you were limited to 2 prelims like in TEW:rolleyes: One thing im noticing is that going for a ppv every single month from the beginning doesn't seem to work out very well. And looking at the real world, UFC werent running one every month until they were an established International company, so... think ill try six weeks, see how that works.

TV shows are much easier to begin with then PPVs because the expectations are lower for a TV show.

I'm fairly structured with how I operate. This is what I did in WMMA 1 and have begun doing in WMMA 2 with a slight adjustment.

In WMMA 1...

-1 PPV card per month, 10 fights per card (2 per weight class)

-1 TV card every 3 months (amount of fights varied)

I usually carry a roster of around 100 fighters (20 per division).

I would typically book 4 months in advance.

What I've started in WMMA 2...

First off, added a Featherweight division to GAMMA.

-1 PPV card per month, 12 fights per card (2 per division, eight main card, four prelims)

-1 TV card every two months, 6 fights per card (1 per division, usually 4-5 main and 1-2 prelim)

I'm carrying rosters of around 22 fighters per division.

Again, I'm booking four months in advance.

The 12 fights per card is a bit unrealistic, so I'll see how long I'll run with this method.

ok, im really perplexed as to how you guys are managing to put on these big cards every month. how far into the game are you?

EDIT: doh! its the rules! i changed to a super-punishing ruleset cause i just frickin hate decisions, hence longer recovery times, hence its harder to put on long shows often. so cool.

I've not gone for TV with GAMMA yet. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to manage it; I think the roster would have to take another bulk-up.

oh, and just to let you know, i managed to get a very decent deal with Pop! Network on day one, in at least two different games. FWIW:)

Always try "the more the merrier" approach. I always have 5 main card fights, and try for a bout 10-13 prelim fights to build up the fighters. In doing so, I had to make a huge roster, and so far it has paid off. Of course, it is a little bit easier to pull it off if you play for GAMMA.

Archived