Kill some time with questions

Trying to get some insight on how in-depth recruiting will be. Some of the questions may have been posted or answered before. 1) Recruiting verbal (soft commit or solid) can a recruit de-commit because of current record 2) Not qualifying, can the standards be modified 3) Transfers, Can a recruit transfer to another team within the same conference and will they need to sit out two years. 4) Pipe lines for recruiting (state and/or high schools) 5) What are the deciding factors for a commit (Location, academics, playing time, Prestige, Coach, Did parent(s) play or go to school, Teammates on current roster or current commit, Offense/Defense type, current depth at position, commit already at position, coaching change, weather, major, Local entertainment(major city, south beach, Hollywood, act...)Exposure, draft history of past players, Attendance, Alumni) 6) Can a school use negatives to recruit (record, location, ect...) 7) Will kids buy into a new coach hire (most new hire seem to get a few recruits they might not get) 8) Will recruits be affected by coordinators or position coaches? 9) Will there be position coaches 10) Will each school have a Recruiting Coordinator? 11) Why not 85 scholarships rosters 12) Any chance of a walk-on becoming an all-conference or more (does happen once every few years for some teams) 13) Red shirt, Can a player be red shirted if an injury happens within the first 3 games 14) Transfer or turning pro, will the coach have to ability to talk them into staying 15) Camps will there be recruiting camps or combines. 16) School camps/combines. Ability to invite a set amount of kids to participate at a summer camp each year. This may give you little head start on an underrated recruit or help persuade a top recruit your way. 17) Profile. How will a recruit be profiled, I know players will be ranked by position but.... will other stats be included or a factor. Speed(40, shuttle), Size(lifting), athletic ability(unknowns), High school Factory (Don Bosco(NJ), St. Thomas Aquinas (FLA), LONG BEACH POLY (CA) ect...) Thanks

I had a similar question for the pipeline question you had. See "question about recruiting" thread below by gopokes. Great questions by the way! Some I never even thought of. In games like this I love the recruiting part of the game as much as playing the games themselves.

[QUOTE=nokona]Trying to get some insight on how in-depth recruiting will be. Some of the questions may have been posted or answered before. 1) Recruiting verbal (soft commit or solid) can a recruit de-commit because of current record[/quote] No, commit's don't occur until the offseason. A recruit's interest in your school can change during the season because of performance though. [quote]2) Not qualifying, can the standards be modified[/quote] There are two ways a recruit can qualify - finish with a 2.0 GPA or pass the entrance exam. However, the standards are fixed in this version. [quote]3) Transfers, Can a recruit transfer to another team within the same conference and will they need to sit out two years.[/quote] All transfers must sit out one season (but you can choose to use this as their redshirt if they haven't used it yet). [quote]4) Pipe lines for recruiting (state and/or high schools)[/quote] It's mostly state and region based (without factoring in team prestige). You will, however, get a recruit every now and then that sends an email from outside region expressing interest in your school. [quote]5) What are the deciding factors for a commit (Location, academics, playing time, Prestige, Coach, Did parent(s) play or go to school, Teammates on current roster or current commit, Offense/Defense type, current depth at position, commit already at position, coaching change, weather, major, Local entertainment(major city, south beach, Hollywood, act...)Exposure, draft history of past players, Attendance, Alumni)[/quote] There are a lot of factors outside of team prestige and recruiting effort. Potential playing time, team's recent performance, location, coaching style, coach and some others. Each player has his own unique interests and part of the recruiting process involves using his comments to decide on just one pitch that will be most effective. [quote]6) Can a school use negatives to recruit (record, location, ect...)[/quote] You mean negatives against other schools? It's more a factor of if what you offer is better than the other schools. [quote]7) Will kids buy into a new coach hire (most new hire seem to get a few recruits they might not get)[/quote] If a kid agrees to come to you school, he will certainly try to succeed. his morale and personal traits may impact how happy he stays if things go south though. [quote]8) Will recruits be affected by coordinators or position coaches?[/quote] The coaching style and management of staff resources (ie, visits and money) will play a big part in a recruit's decision. Staff is not rated on recruiting though - that comes from other factors and your budget decisions. [quote]9) Will there be position coaches[/quote] No [quote]10) Will each school have a Recruiting Coordinator?[/quote] Yeah, the head coach ;) You can choose to have your assistants run recruiting though if you do not want to participate. [quote]11) Why not 85 scholarships rosters[/quote] Speed and data storage. After 70-75 players, most remaining guys are just scrubs. I didn't think the overhead in managing and storing stat/ratings for them was worth it. [quote]12) Any chance of a walk-on becoming an all-conference or more (does happen once every few years for some teams)[/quote] Sure, but it would be pretty rare. [quote]13) Red shirt, Can a player be red shirted if an injury happens within the first 3 games[/quote] There are no injury redshirts in this version. [quote]14) Transfer or turning pro, will the coach have to ability to talk them into staying[/quote] Kids transfer when they feel they are not being utilized properly by a coach and/or are stuck behind more talented guys on the depth chart. But, once the decision is made, they will check out other schools. Some may, however, decide the grass isn't greener and come back. But, they will make that decision on their own. [quote]15) Camps will there be recruiting camps or combines.[/quote] There won't be an official "combine weekends", but your scouts will get 40 times, vertical leap numbers, squat and bench press info on each recruit. [quote]16) School camps/combines. Ability to invite a set amount of kids to participate at a summer camp each year. This may give you little head start on an underrated recruit or help persuade a top recruit your way.[/quote] No, you cannot impact recruits until you start playing in the fall. [quote]17) Profile. How will a recruit be profiled, I know players will be ranked by position but.... will other stats be included or a factor. Speed(40, shuttle), Size(lifting), athletic ability(unknowns), High school Factory (Don Bosco(NJ), St. Thomas Aquinas (FLA), LONG BEACH POLY (CA) ect...)[/quote] Kids will be ranked by position, region, nationally and you will get numerous stats, ratings and abilities to view while recruiting. You will get "player types", the above combine-type info I mentioned, general skills ratings, an overall star rating and some other info.

Regarding transfers: I've learned that by NCAA rules, a kid cannot transfer to play for another school without the approval of the athletic department of the school he's at. So we should be able to keep kids from transferring from our team, though we should see morale and behaviorial affects from this ...

[QUOTE=jksander]Regarding transfers: I've learned that by NCAA rules, a kid cannot transfer to play for another school without the approval of the athletic department of the school he's at. So we should be able to keep kids from transferring from our team, though we should see morale and behaviorial affects from this ...[/QUOTE] How often does that happen in real life though?

[QUOTE=jksander]Regarding transfers: I've learned that by NCAA rules, a kid cannot transfer to play for another school without the approval of the athletic department of the school he's at. So we should be able to keep kids from transferring from our team, though we should see morale and behaviorial affects from this ...[/QUOTE] I know the univ of Pittsburgh has in the past as thier policy, not given players thier release. The rule I believe is that to play elsewhere they need to sit out 2 years for D1A or go and play right away at a lower division

I think this becomes a slippery slope. Unless I make it almost cataclysmic from a team chemistry standpoint, there is no way I would ever let AI teams allow a good player to transfer if this rule were added. For now, I am going to stick with the process I have described for the past 2-3 months in that any player can transfer to another team if he chooses (and sits out the one season).

Actually, I am pretty sure unless they have changed it since I played that a player sings a scholarship on a yearly basis. Therefore, I think they only have to sit out 1 year if they go D1 to D1 or D1 to D2. However, I think if the rules are still correct, a student can go D2 to D1 and never sit out.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]How often does that happen in real life though?[/QUOTE] Actually it happens with almost every player if that player is wanting to transfer to another school that his current school has on its schedule or is in its conference. The player has to sit out two years if they don't get the release and one if they do. Most don't transfer within conference because of this. Would it be possible to change the rule in the game just to make it where if they player wants to transfer within the same conference they would have to sit two years?

[QUOTE=CFLColts]Actually, I am pretty sure unless they have changed it since I played that a player sings a scholarship on a yearly basis. Therefore, I think they only have to sit out 1 year if they go D1 to D1 or D1 to D2. However, I think if the rules are still correct, a student can go D2 to D1 and never sit out.[/QUOTE] My understanding it that you can go if you go from D1A to D1A you sit one year if you get a release from your current team or Two if you don't. If you go from D1A to D1AA or DII you don't have to sit at all. Not sure about D1AA or DII to D1A. That doesn't happen very often but I would assume you wouldn't have to sit. Scholarships are VERY one sided in the school side. The Kid once they sign is pretty much locked to a school but the school can cut the scholarship at any time(Ask the South Carolina players that lost theirs) However, if you start doing this to too many players it would kill your recruiting.

Archived