Need help naming my TV show.

Jeremy Weimer

Alright guys, I can't decide on a name for the TV show I'm going to start writing. I've tossed around some ideas with my designer and creative consultant but we can't decide upon anything. I'm hoping I can get at least a few good suggestions out of you guys. Full credit would go to you on the credits page for the name if I do choose your suggestion. So please only offer mature and real suggestions. The show is going to be about a small group of friends that have been outcasted and shunned by their peers their entire lives. They live in a smaller type town where the in thing is being rich and playing sports. They all decided at a young age that they were interested in other things such as books and computers. So from the get go they were labelled "rejects" and "losers" and "geeks". Since it's a small town they didn't have many others to turn to for support so they've bonded and been the best of friends since early childhood. The show is basically about their day to day lives and how they deal with the ridicule and harrassment from the "in crowd". It's not an overly original concept for a show and I realize that. I don't need anyone to point that out to me. I'm not really concerned with it being original. I just want it to be something that's interesting to me and fun for me to write. This is the concept I've chosen and I'm sticking with it. Some of the names that we've thrown around are The Misfits, The Life, This Life, Into The Shadows. So any real suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. __________________

• 2 weeks later...
Its sort of a them against the world sort of thing? How about something that plays up their struggle, ties into what's happening in society in general and yet leaves it open-ended enough to want to see what its all about? Like "More Equal Than Others?" I'm a sucker for any name that hints at something much deeper + immediately illustrates the fact that they are bonded like "society" or "order." Sociey of Shadows? What "town" is it set in (The Shadows of New Jersey), sort of sounds like a cheesy vampire thing though; you might want to stay away from the word "shadows" alltogether. Does the town have some geographic thing that makes it interesting (The Order of the Wooden Bridge) or some nod perhaps to how they all came together?

[QUOTE=Jeremy Weimer]Alright guys, I can't decide on a name for the TV show I'm going to start writing. I've tossed around some ideas with my designer and creative consultant but we can't decide upon anything. I'm hoping I can get at least a few good suggestions out of you guys. Full credit would go to you on the credits page for the name if I do choose your suggestion. So please only offer mature and real suggestions. The show is going to be about a small group of friends that have been outcasted and shunned by their peers their entire lives. They live in a smaller type town where the in thing is being rich and playing sports. They all decided at a young age that they were interested in other things such as books and computers. So from the get go they were labelled "rejects" and "losers" and "geeks". Since it's a small town they didn't have many others to turn to for support so they've bonded and been the best of friends since early childhood. The show is basically about their day to day lives and how they deal with the ridicule and harrassment from the "in crowd". It's not an overly original concept for a show and I realize that. I don't need anyone to point that out to me. I'm not really concerned with it being original. I just want it to be something that's interesting to me and fun for me to write. This is the concept I've chosen and I'm sticking with it. Some of the names that we've thrown around are The Misfits, The Life, This Life, Into The Shadows. So any real suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. __________________[/QUOTE] If you're looking for an actor, I have experience. :) EDIT: I would name it "The Out Crowd". Another name would be "InsideOut" (since we the viewer would have the inside scope of their lives yet we will also see the outcasting they endure. Oh, by the way....I wasnt kidding about the actor bit. I have done large production plays and a movie. Also auditioned for a sitcom in LA (which I didn't get :( ).

Archived