Board effort towards a fictional universe...

Yeah dvdWarrior is the voice of reason, as everything he said was right.

Might I add, the CornellVerse features a couple of surprisingly large promotions in Canada - where such promotions (to my knowledge) would be unlikely in the real world.

Yeah and for this mod I created a National Canadian promotion which does not exist in real life. So yeah forget about my Japan rants and listen to dvdWarrior (I talk out of my ass half the time anyway).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Mexico is going to have warring national promotions (which ok they have) however I'm adding an ECW type mexican promotion (more verbal fanbase than hardcore) and all women's promotion) and a few others so yeah this is what we make of it. Again though Japan will be figured out by someone. I'd like Japan to have something so as a player you can really choose your favorite area and pick atleast ONE good promotion to play as in that area.

On that note what has been done in Australia? I'm guessing nothing as well?

Well I've sort of created a quasi-history of a great Japan fed that closed in 05, just because I needed something to add to the backstory of some wrestlers I was creating. Since no one has scripted out anything. How about (we'll need names) this as Japan's history and if no one likes we dont have to use it. There was a National Fed that ruled japan's wrestling scene for decades, it goobled up all the competition (Alot like WWF in the 80's and with WCW & ECW to a degree) then the Tokoyo stock market crashed or they just made bad business decision. The National Fed unable to find a single buyer to take the company instead of closing completely sold the company in halves. A half each went to 2 business men who hate each other with a passion. They've made it their life goals to rule Japanese wrestling and by taking over the other fed and uniting the National Fed as one again.

I figure we could make it two Cult promotions. Or we can have the storyline be it's split into thirds and make them 3 regional promotions. If you dont like the business model, maybe the National fed's owner/founder died and he gave his blood feuding two sons each 50% of the company hoping it will bring them together having to run the promotion. Instead they split into two seperate companies with the same goal as the businessmen.

Well I've sort of created a quasi-history of a great Japan fed that closed in 05, just because I needed something to add to the backstory of some wrestlers I was creating. Since no one has scripted out anything. How about (we'll need names) this as Japan's history and if no one likes we dont have to use it. There was a National Fed that ruled japan's wrestling scene for decades, it goobled up all the competition (Alot like WWF in the 80's and with WCW & ECW to a degree) then the Tokoyo stock market crashed or they just made bad business decision. The National Fed unable to find a single buyer to take the company instead of closing completely sold the company in halves. A half each went to 2 business men who hate each other with a passion. They've made it their life goals to rule Japanese wrestling and by taking over the other fed and uniting the National Fed as one again.

I figure we could make it two Cult promotions. Or we can have the storyline be it's split into thirds and make them 3 regional promotions. If you dont like the business model, maybe the National fed's owner/founder died and he gave his blood feuding two sons each 50% of the company hoping it will bring them together having to run the promotion. Instead they split into two seperate companies with the same goal as the businessmen.

That's a good story, but unless someone is willing to do most of the major workers and groundwork for the Japanese fed I feel like it might be better to let the Japanese scene develop organically. :)

Exodus:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1074/exodush.jpg

Community Render:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3162/43999489.jpg

P.S, Thanks a million + Derek. ^_^

If that bottom one there's a community render, I'm pretty sure I could come up with a character for it. I don't have anything at the moment, but I get the definite sense that I could come up with something.

If you dont like the business model, maybe the National fed's owner/founder died and he gave his blood feuding two sons each 50% of the company hoping it will bring them together having to run the promotion. Instead they split into two seperate companies with the same goal as the businessmen.

I really like this idea where the two sons split the promotion into two. Sounds like a great idea.

I know that jtlant's promotion is still in the game so we do have at least one promotion in Japan.

Go for it DVDWarrior. ^_^

I'm basically rendering workers and then people can claim them for existing or new workers. I was initially assigning the pics but as long as about half of them are getting picked for existing workers I'll make a pic for everyone eventually. :)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3162/43999489.jpg

Turns out I did have something for that pic after all. Here goes:

CLAW Original Johnny Dallas:

He’s rude, he’s crude, he’s just the least little bit obnoxious. To put it simply, Johnny Dallas is the coolest of the cool… that’s his driving ambition anyway. His sleek modern charisma may be… shall we say… a little risqué for most mainstream promotions, but he’s found a home in Chicago. It was there, once upon a time, that he did the impossible, taking The CLAW’s biggest prize from the seemingly indestructible Apache Joe. While his reign as champ didn’t last all that long, he’s cemented his place as a cornerstone of the company, and is rumored to even own a small piece of it. Lately, he’s found new life, teaming with his longtime nemesis John Boy LaRue against the surging Jet Set Trio…

Here's some other folks I've come up with..... a lot of these in the time it took me to watch Impact just tonight.

Mikey Whitacre - No gimmicks means NO GIMMICKS!!!!!! Mikey Whitacre is a wrestler, pure and simple, and quite possibly the best you’ll ever see! That’s his story anyway, and with his tough, ultra-stiff, ultra-aggressive style, a very select few have disagreed with him. We’ll have a moment of silence for those guys a little later on. An intense wrestler, known for his bone-jarring suplexes and brutal submission holds, he really came into his own in 2009, when his relationship with Japanese star Ryugi Koga came to light - and the devastating tag team known simply as ‘The War Wolves’ came to be. Since then, the two have really dominated the Windy City, and put a seemingly irrevocable deathgrip on the CLAW’s Tag Team Championship.

Dyzastro - Coming from the ruined lands of Makea Daarklee, comes a dark paladin, an avenger for the wrongs that have been visited upon him by forces once beyond his control. His name: Dyzastro. His mission: vengeance, pure and simple. Inspired by the devious designs of Dokta Furyous, he’s brought havoc and destruction, desolation and despair to the good people of Chicago, and now, only ONE thing stands between him and his rightful destiny, his place at the very top of The CLAW’s world-famous Live Action Division - that vile defender of truth, justice, and the American way, the ever-popular WhipLash! He really hates that guy!!!

Dokta Furyous - Ahhh, Z.Z. Rydell. This guy was a promising young manager from the Mid West… his big claim to fame was in being the mouthpiece for big monster heels and devious, rule-breaking tag teams. You couldn’t help but appreciate his raw, unbridled charisma - he was a varitable cornucopia of zingers and witty one-liners, and he rarely, if ever, had any real trouble catching on with the fans. No surprise then that lately, he’s soared to even greater heights as the delightfully E.V.I.L. Dokta Furyous in The CLAW. There, he masterminded the dark and devious Dyzastro’s takeover over the world-famous Live Action Division.

Sami Kendrix - Straight out of Woodstock, comes the electric young superstar SOON TO BE known the whole world over… the one, the only, SAMI KENDRIX!!! One of the fastest-rising stars in wrestling today, Kendrix is a talented and very charismatic lightweight with some of the flashiest moves around, and a character heavily inspired by the legendary rocker Jimi Hendrix. With his raw charisma, his colorful outfits, and his even more colorful offense, he’s quickly becoming one of the most popular names in The CLAW’s exciting Live Action Division.

And now for something REALLY different...

Chop Chop - Long story short, Chop Chop is out of his mind. Way out. He’s a whacked out, blood ‘n’ guts brawler from the backwoods of Godknowswhere, USA, and to be honest, he’s probably seen a few too many horror movies in his time. He’s famously the grizzly ‘voice’ of ‘The Family’ - a sadistic cadre of ‘wrestlers’ who look like something out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre - and he’s known for his reckless, suicidal style… a wild array of attacks most promoters think are just plain dangerous to wrestlers and fans alike. Nowhere near talented, he’s always been a pretty big hit on the deathmatch circuit… and he’s ALWAYS up for a good bloodletting.

Wheezer - You may remember the old-school underdog Sully Tom? A pale, pasty, skin ‘n’ bones jobber the US-A dug up way back in the 1980s. Well, nowadays, he’s found sweet glorious infamy as the leader of the ghoulish band of misfits who gleefully call themselves ‘The Family. Too battered down by years of abuse (at the hands of himself and others), he barks the orders, and his swamp-dwelling minions Chop Chop, Jigsaw, and Bone are only too happy to dole out the torture… to just about anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path.

Bone - Bone was the stolen child, wrongfully taken from Lordknowswho years and years ago, to be raised by the sinister Wheezer and his merry band of nightmarish fiends. Dressed in rags and never seen without his most loyal and trusted companion, Beelz, (a worn-out teddy bear stained by years of use and abuse), Bone attacks his bewildered foes with deranged, suicidal offense, (and an old rusty fork he keeps hidden in his sock), screaming incessantly all the while. No wonder his big, evil ‘brothers’ seem to like him so much - small as he is, he’s as mean-spirited and nasty as they come.

Dunno how ya'll might feel about some of those, but I came up with them and figured I'd share, just to see what ya'll might think.

:)

Well, you know...... What can I say?

I kid. Glad you approve though, for some reason I always get a little bit nervous when I post something creative.

Of those, I already had Sami Kendrix, Mikey Whitacre, and Johny Dallas in mind before tonight, (Dallas since I entered CLAW in this verse to start, he's mentioned in Apache Joe's bio I think). Wrote all the bios tonight though. Now, I'll just sit back and see if anybody catches the nifty little tribute to a certain stand-up comic I like that's tucked deftly into Bone's bio....

I really like this idea where the two sons split the promotion into two. Sounds like a great idea.

I know that jtlant's promotion is still in the game so we do have at least one promotion in Japan.

Thought I chime in on this whole Japan buisness....Though I havent posted anything i've been following this thread for a while now. I've been working on a full custom database for 4 or 5 months now, just for my own personal use as I don't do renders and use one others have created.

I currently have two finished Japanese promotions and two in the works and would love to contribute. When I get off work at 9 am i'll post a few bios to see what you guys think.....

You do not even have to sell me with bios, I can not speak for anybody else but as far as I am concerned welcome aboard Boomer!

Next guess dvdWarrior would be Sam Kinison. And I have done something like what you are doing except I have lifted name directly from TV. I have two people from Tourchwood in the database and one person from Are You Being Served.

You do not even have to sell me with bios, I can not speak for anybody else but as far as I am concerned welcome aboard Boomer!

Next guess dvdWarrior would be Sam Kinison. And I have done something like what you are doing except I have lifted name directly from TV. I have two people from Tourchwood in the database and one person from Are You Being Served.

Welcome aboard, Boomdaddy! TBH, I'm surprised you hadn't jumped in earlier, I knew you had a database you were working on.

Another good guess, and yeah, Kinison's great, but once again, a big no on the cigar. I could give you a hint, but that might make it too obvious. Just to say that I too kinda lifted a name directly from TV.... but it's from a bit rather than a character. The comic in question is FTR younger than both of your guess so far, probably not much older than me in fact, and shows up quite regularly on Comedy Central.

Or I could just offer up the answer if you want. Either way.

:p

Well, you might not even know the guy. I have no idea how popular he might be, I know Panix04 has mentioned him before. Anywho....

Feel a little odd to just give away the answer just like that, after dragging you all the way through the guessing game like that....

So I'll just say this:

If you type the word 'Beelz' into the search engine at YouTube, the very first result will give you the answer.

This particular guy's probably not everyone's cup of tea, some of his songs can be just the least bit controversial, but like I said before, when I was typing that bio, and looking for a name for the bear, that one particular song just popped into my head, and felt ever so perfect.

I prolly would just let the thing play out, but I have a secret fear of annoying folks, or having folks think I'm just trying to run up my post count or something.

Anywho....

So... yeah.

As for my bios....

I can't say I'm any sort of authority on writing, (or anything else really), and I swear I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but if I did provide a good visualization for the readers, there was a little something of a technique to it.

Chop Chop's bio for example:

Chop Chop - Long story short, Chop Chop is out of his mind. Way out. He’s a whacked out, blood ‘n’ guts brawler from the backwoods of Godknowswhere, USA, and to be honest, he’s probably seen a few too many horror movies in his time. He’s famously the grizzly ‘voice’ of ‘The Family’ - a sadistic carde of ‘wrestlers’ who look like something out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre - and he’s known for his reckless, suicidal style… a wild array of attacks most promoters think are just plain dangerous to wrestlers and fans alike. Nowhere near talented, he’s always been a pretty big hit on the deathmatch circuit… and he’s ALWAYS up for a good bloodletting.

I was trying to depict Chop Chop as a horror movie-type character, so I used as many words that bring horror movies to mind as I could think of. It gives a better visualization just because all those 'horrific' words were in there to set the mood, I think.

Really, that's the whole 'secret' to that.

Hope this helps. If nothing else, I did at least notice a typo in Chop Chop's bio, so I can go fix that.

Archived