Board effort towards a fictional universe...

Ran a quick test game tonight, and noticed some... peculiarities.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/dvdWarrior/FunkyFresh.jpg?t=1261817145

Odd, the way those internet stories just clip off like that. I haven't encountered this in my own universe, or in the default data, so what's up with that? Does my puter have a bug or something? Or is this something with the data?

Curiouser and curiouser.

:eek:

The game has probably decided there's an illegal character in the promotion's short name. Check out whoever Terry Tronson is being loyal to and you should be able to see whatever is unusual about it there, which is likely to be the problem. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, a second test game turned up the same thing, but with another character. Near as I can tell, it pops up when TWA signs a wrestler in-game. Might be something we need to look before release.

Derek thanks for the tip. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with TWA, but Outlaw Wrestling (where Terry Tronson works at the start of the game) only has a two character short name. I don't know if there is something wrong with that because I've never used one. I'll keep looking though.

dvd warrior thanks for pointing that out. I never noticed before. Btw I'll send you the data to work on later tomorrow if Fullhouse doesn't say that he wants it by then. ^_^

Dunno if it means anything, but I've noticed that most of these 'glitchified' workers are signed to Exclusive PPA contracts with TWA. I didn't see many loyalties in their relationships list, and I'm not 100% sure that they're showing up on TWA's roster list. That might just be a 'haven't joined the company yet' thing.

Dunno if it means anything, but I've noticed that most of these 'glitchified' workers are signed to Exclusive PPA contracts with TWA. I didn't see many loyalties in their relationships list, and I'm not 100% sure that they're showing up on TWA's roster list. That might just be a 'haven't joined the company yet' thing.

Hmm... I'll sign them to normal PPAs and see if the problem is still recurring just to see.

Seeing how our character suggestion thread is probably not going to bring anybody new into the project, I thought I would take the two suggestions that we got and move them over to here. And with the GDS suggestion thread it is completely understandable that people would rather add to that data than this one (it has been around a lot longer).

Name: David Xavier Christensen

Short Name: DXC

Biography

DXC started wrestling at a young age, working independents in Mexico, and Japan, before coming back home to the States to try to get noticed. With a super junior style, and his attitude, he is described by even his family members as hard to deal with. He is the third oldest of seven, and also fraternal twin of Atreyu Christensen

Move Set

Moonsault + Variations (From Anywhere)

Dropkick + Variations (From Anywhere)

Rana + Variations (From Anywhere)

Tope + Variations (From Anywhere)Plancha + Variations (From Anywhere)

450 Splash

Somersault Leg Drop

Tilt-A-Whirl Backbreaker

Jumping Spin Kick

Sharpshooter

Texas Cloverleaf

Boston Crab

No Joke (Chokeout With Singapore Cane)

Trademark This (Snap Suplex To Dragon Sleeper)

Putting Bodies On The Line (Top Rope Rana followed by Standing Shooting Star Press)

Fate Sealed (Delayed Vertical Suplex to Fisherman's Buster to Dragon Suplex)

Finisher: Greetings From Central Park (Total Sextasy) (Pin)

Secondary Finisher: Royal Reception (Sasuke Special) (Impact)

Uber Finisher: Crowning (Slide Drop From Anywhere) (Impact)

Personal Data

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Relationship: None

Race: White

Nationality: American

Based In: USA

Style: Super Junior

Size: Middleweight

Face Gimmick: Thrill Seeker

Heel Gimmick: ****y Youth

Loyalty: None

Born: 9/80

Set To Debut: 10/98

Favoured Role

Wrestler: Usually

Occasional Wrestler: Sometimes

Manager: Sometimes

Referee: Never

Announcer: Never

Color Commentator: Sometimes

Personality: Never

Road Agent: Sometimes

International Data

Active Area(s): USA, Canada, Japan, Mexico

Languages: Fluent English, Passible Japanese & Spanish

Personal

Known problems with the law

Personality

considered to be egotistical

considered to be generous

considered to be ruthless

considered to be manipulative

considered to be extremely dependable

considered to be social

considered to be loyal

considered to be driven

considered to be bold

Render description:

CM Punk, ROH/TNA days

Basic Data

Name: Abdul Hamzah Abboud

Short Name: Abdul Hamzah Abboud

Biography:

Angelo Conca is better known to wrestling fans as Abdul Hamzah Abboud. Angelo first started out in the wrestling business in the late 1980’s. Upon the start of the Gulf War, Angelo started to wrestle as Abdul Hamazah Abboud claiming that he was from Iraq. As you can imagine this gimmick made him one of the most hated men in the wrestling world. In fact this gimmick was so over that Angelo was hired by US-A (which at the time was the number one wrestling company in the world) and became one of their major heels. Once the war ended Angelo’s character’s popularity seemed to wane and he was let go by the US-A.

Angelo wrestled in LSSWL and various other promotions throughout the 1990’s. With a new war in Iraq starting in 2003 Angelo made his triumphant return to the US-A and once again became one of the promotion’s biggest heels. Sadly, Angelo was one of the victims of the Bloody Sunday budget cuts by the US-A and he has been unemployed ever since.

Move Set

Finisher: Baghdad Backbreaker (impact, pin or submission)

Secondary Finisher: Camel Clutch

Uber Finisher: None

Personal Data

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Relationship: Yes

Race: Iraqi (well he is an Italian guy playing an Iraqi so I will go with Iraqi)

Nationality: American

Based In: United States

Style: Regular Wrestler

Size: Middleweight

Face Gimmick: None

Heel Gimmick: None

Loyalty: None

Born: Month/Year: May 1971

Set To Debut: Month/Year: December 1989

Favoured Role

Wrestler: Usually

Occasional Wrestler: Never

Manager: Never

Referee: Never

Announcer: Never

Color Commentator: Never

Personality: Never

Road Agent: Never

International Data

Active Area(s): United States and Canada

Languages: Fluent English

Personal:

No problems

Personality:

Normal Wrestler

Render description:

Something like Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissy, or the Iron Sheik, or the original Sheik.

Hey guys, I been away for a christmas break for a few weeks. So I've been out of touch. I'm going to claim some of the community renders if they are still available. Also I was sent the data but I havent been around to fool around with it yet. Also, what did we decide to do concerning converting the mod data to 2010?

Hey guys, I been away for a christmas break for a few weeks. So I've been out of touch. I'm going to claim some of the community renders if they are still available. Also I was sent the data but I havent been around to fool around with it yet. Also, what did we decide to do concerning converting the mod data to 2010?

DVD Warrior has the data right now, but after he sends it to Rayelek, then he'll send that version to you. ^_^

Regarding 2010, I was thinking that once the editor comes out I'll convert it over and then we begin to work on the data using that file. :)

Most of those community renders are still available, by the way. Just request which ones you want to use. ^_^

Just got those bios written, all that remains is a little title editing and some things with the move lists. I've gotta go now, but I should be able to to get all this taken care of overnight tonight and get it out in the AM. Hope it lives up to the rest of the mod. I may want to edit it in the future at some point - I feel that I got into a wee bit of a hurry there towards the end, and wasn't quite as meticulous as I usually like to be.

:)

Archived