WWF 1991: What The World Is Watching

January 1st, 1991

In somewhat of a shocking occurrence today, WWF Owner Vince McMahon named not one, but TWO people as the New 'Head Of The Booking Committee' for his company. While this may not come as a shock to some, being that Vince has seemed hell-bent as of late on returning to wrestlings golden era (Which culminated at WrestleMania III, when Hogan slammed Andre), to most of us, it does.

Vince has appointed his very own son, Shane McMahon and his long time friend Nick Cavalera the co-position. Many inside the company are reporting that Vince still has the final word in all decision making, but does however wanna prep these two in terms of the future.

And so it shall be written . . .

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The World Wrestling Federation

http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens2324256_1228743221WWF_logo.jpg

"What The World Is Watching"

Main Eventers

Animal - Face

Hawk - Face

"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan - Face

Jake "The Snake" Roberts - Face

Mr. Perfect - Heel

"The Macho King" Randy Savage - Heel

"The Iraqi TurnCoat" Sgt. Slaughter - Heel

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase - Heel

The Texas Tornado - Face

The Ultimate Warrior - Face

The UnderTaker - Heel

Upper Midcarders

Bret "The HitMan" Hart - Face

Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake - Face - Out Injured

Earthquake - Heel

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan - Face

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart - Face

Marty Jannetty - Face

Rick "The Model" Martel - Heel

Shawn Michaels - Face

The Big BossMan - Face

The British Bulldog - Face

The Honky Tonk Man - Heel

Tito Santana - Face

Midcarders

Boris Zhukov - Heel

Brian Knobbs - Heel

Butch - Face

"PlayBoy" Buddy Rose - Heel

Crush - Heel

"Canadian StrongMan" Dino Bravo - Heel

Dustin Rhodes - Face

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine - Heel

Haku - Heel

Hercules - Heel

Jerry Saggs - Heel

Luke - Face

Paul Roma - Heel

Skinner - Heel

Smash - Heel

The Barbarian - Heel

The Warlord - Heel

Tugboat - Face

Virgil - Heel

Lower Midcarders

Big Bully Busick - Heel

Genichiro Tenryu - Heel

Iron Mike Sharpe - Heel

Jim Brunzell - Face

"The Young Stallion" Jim Powers - Face

Kato - Heel

Koji Kitao - Face

Max Moon - Face

Pat Tanaka - Heel

Salvatore Bellomo - Face

Shane Douglas - Face

Openers

Billy Smith - Heel

"Conan" Chris Walker - Face

Duane Gill - Face

Scott Taylor - Face

Terry Gibbs - Heel

The Brooklyn Brawler - Heel

Tony Roy - Face

Occasional Wrestlers

Andre The Giant - Face - Out Injured

Ax - Heel

Barry Orton - Face

Col. Mustafa - Heel

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes - Face

Jimmy "SuperFly" Snuka - Face

Nikolai Volkoff - Face

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat - Face - Out Injured

Saba Simba - Face

Sato - Heel

Enhancement Talent

Brian Donahue - Face

Dave Roulette - Heel

John Bradley - Face

Managers

Brother Love - Heel

General Adnan - Heel

Harvey Wippleman - Heel

"The Mouth Of The South" Jimmy Hart - Heel

Miss Elizabeth - Face

Mr. Fuji - Heel

Queen Sherri - Heel

Sapphire -Heel

Slick - Heel

Announcers

Billy Red Lyons

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Gorilla Monsoon

Lord Alfred Hayes

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Sean Mooney

Tag Teams

Demolition - Crush & Smash

Demolition (Original) - Ax & Smash

Genichiro Tenryu & Koji Kitao - Genichiro Tenryu & Koji Kitao

Haku & The Barbarian - Haku & The Barbarian

Power & Glory - Hercules & Paul Roma

Rhythm N' Blues - The Honky Tonk Man & Greg Valentine

The Bushwhackers - Luke & Butch

The Hart Foundation - Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart

The Legion Of Doom - Animal & Hawk

The Nasty Boys - Brian Knobbs & Jerry Saggs

The Orient Express - Pat Tanaka & Kato

The Orient Express (Original) - Pat Tanaka & Sato

The Rockers - Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty

The Title Holders (and Info) page should be coming shortly, followed by a MAJOR announcement from WWF President Jack Tunney.

WWF Wrestling Challenge will be our first show.

WWF World HeavyWeight Champion

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Titles/EOAE/WWF_World07.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/U%20Images/Ultimate_Warrior13.jpg

Current Holder: The Ultimate Warrior

Previous Holders: N/A

WWF InterContinental Champion

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Titles/EOAE/WWF_Intercontinental4.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/C%20Images/Curt_Hennig3.jpg

Current Holder: Mr. Perfect

WWF World Tag Team Champions

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Titles/EOAE/WWF_World_Tag_Team3.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/B%20Images/Bret_Hart24.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/J%20Images/Jim_Neidhart7.jpg

Current Holders: The Hart Foundation (Bret "The Hitman" Hart & Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart)

From The Desk Of WWF President Jack Tunney:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/JPdean/WWF%20Role-Playing%20Federation/Avatars/DoNotUse5.png

- Sgt Slaughter has been named the Number One Contender for the Ultimate Warriors World HeavyWeight Title. The two will face each other at the Royal Rumble, for the Coveted WWF Championship.

- The first 10 participants that will be competing in the Royal Rumble Match this year have been announced. All these superstars automatically qualify, due to the fact that they are all former WWF World & InterContinental Champions.

"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan

"The Macho King" Randy Savage

Col. Mustafa

Mr. Perfect

"The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich

The Honky Tonk Man

Tito Santana

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

- Also, the current WWF World Tag Team Champions (The Hart Foundation) have been automatically entered as well.

Bret "The HitMan" Hart

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

- For the first time ever, the winner of this years Royal Rumble will go on to WrestleMania VII and compete in the main event of the evening, for the WWF World HeavyWeight Championship!

- The rest of the participants will be either announced in the coming weeks, or competing in "Royal Rumble Qualifying Matches" to ensue their position.

WWF Owner Goals

- Critical - The financial balance of the WWF must not fall below 8,000,000 at any point - 23 months, 3 weeks

- High - Vince McMahon is feeling vindictive; Earthquake must not gain any further momentum - 17 months, 3 weeks

- High - The UnderTaker must be kept above a B- in momentum - 17 months, 3 weeks

- Average - You may not hire or extend the contract of anyone who has less than a B- in Basics - 19 months, 3 weeks

- Average - You may not hire or extend the contract of anyone who has less than a B- in Industry Reputation - 13 months, 3 weeks

Sorry guys, computers been banged up. But as of today, seems like we're good so its time to get the ball rollin.

Push Power & Glory!!! Give Original Demolition one more title run!

I played a '91 scenario once and it lasted about six (game time) years and it gives you a lot more creative control in my opinion than a current times game. Hercules died on me two months into Power & Glory's title run though..

Hahaha, yeah. I always thought Power & Glory was an under-rated tag team. I can tell you this much . . . . they wont be losing to the Legion Of Doom at WrestleMania VII (well, at least not in 59 seconds anyway) :D

And a Dino Bravo supporter? Nice. Luckily for you, I dont think the Canadian Mafia exists in this game lol.

Oh, and just so you guys know I have quite a few surprises lined up in the coming weeks. And I have this whole thing blue-printed all the way up to WrestleMania or so, but am very open to suggestion. I wanna know what YOU GUYS wanna see.

First card should be out later today, WWF Wrestling Challenge. In the Main Event of the evening, we will see The British Bulldog go one-on-one with Rick "The Model" Martel.

Hahaha, yeah. I always thought Power & Glory was an under-rated tag team. I can tell you this much . . . . they wont be losing to the Legion Of Doom at WrestleMania VII (well, at least not in 59 seconds anyway) :D

And a Dino Bravo supporter? Nice. Luckily for you, I dont think the Canadian Mafia exists in this game lol.

Oh, and just so you guys know I have quite a few surprises lined up in the coming weeks. And I have this whole thing blue-printed all the way up to WrestleMania or so, but am very open to suggestion. I wanna know what YOU GUYS wanna see.

First card should be out later today, WWF Wrestling Challenge. In the Main Event of the evening, we will see The British Bulldog go one-on-one with Rick "The Model" Martel.

P&G had the BEST tag finisher in the business back then. In my opinion, it's maybe second all-time to Total Elimination by The Eliminators.

During my game, I would steal people from WCW like Freebirds, Todd Champion & Firebreaker Chip, Flyin' Brian (teaming him with young Shane Douglas), and signing Road Dogg (As The Roadie) and teaming him with Virgil as part of Million $ Corp. Damn, I beefed up my tag team division for dark matches and squashes. Looking forward to it..

I would personally stray from what WWF actually did. Make stars out of new people. Create new/compelling stables.

There was still some gimmicks/stables/teams/characters that could have been good if done right. I liked Doink. I liked N.O.D./DOA/Los Boricaus feud. I actually liked The Bruise/Blu Brothers. Looking at what WWF did can always be a way to get ideas.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/WrestlingChallenge.png

Tuesday, January 1991 Week One

Pre-Taped from the Akron Civic Theatre in Akron, Ohio

2,000 in Attendance (Sell Out)

Announcers: Sean Mooney & Lord Alfred Hayes

Show Rating: C-

Pre Show

Power & Glory defeated Barry Orton & Chris Walker in 5:31 when Paul Roma defeated Chris Walker by pinfall, following the SuperPlex / Top Rope Splash Combo.

Barry Orton seemed off his game tonight. Chris Walker was really off his game tonight. Slick did some good work at ringside. Hercules and Slick have absolutely zero chemistry together. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Chris Walker is improving in Technical skills. Hercules is improving in Performance skills. Paul Roma is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: E

The Warlord defeated Brian Donahue in 4:47 by submission with a Full Nelson.

Slick did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. The Warlord is improving in Performance skills.

Televised Broadcast

The Rockers defeated The Brooklyn Brawler & Big Bully Busick in 5:31 when Marty Jannetty defeated The Brooklyn Brawler by pinfall after the Double Flying Fist Drop. During the match we also had Harvey Wippleman accidentally hit The Brawler.

Harvey Wippleman did some good work at ringside. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Shawn Michaels looked excellent out there. The Rockers vs Orient Express storyline has continued with this match. Marty Jannetty is improving in Rumble skills.

Match Rating: D

Following the match, The Orient Express come down to ringside and sneak attack The Rockers; leaving them down and out.

Kato and Mr Fuji have pretty good chemistry. The Rockers vs Orient Express storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: D-

Sean Mooney and Lord Alfred Hayes plug the fact that we will see The Ultimate Warrior put his WWF World HeavyWeight Championship Title on the line against Sgt Slaughter at the Royal Rumble later on this month.

The Warrior vs Slaughter storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: B+

The Ultimate Warrior cuts a pre-taped, backstage promo on Sgt Slaughter.

Sgt Slaughter (along with General Adnan) cuts a pre-taped backstage promo on The Ultimate Warrior and the WWF Title. He also goes on to trash the United States.

The UnderTaker (along with Brother Love) make their way down to ringside. Upon entering the ring, Brother Love grabs a microphone and lays out an open challenge to anyone who dare set foot in the ring with The UnderTaker at this years Royal Rumble.

The Undertaker and Brother Love have excellent chemistry together.

The British Bulldog defeated Rick "The Model" Martel in 6:54 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. During the match we also had Jake Roberts run in and attack Martel.

The Roberts vs Martel storyline has continued with this match. The British Bulldog is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C

The British Bulldog celebrates his victory in the ring, and slaps a few extended hands on his way back to the dressing room.

No specific notes.

Segment Rating: B-

Comments: This was only a half hour show. And for those who dont remember, both The Rockers & The Orient Express AND Jake Roberts & Rick Martel were in HEATED feuds at this point, so I decided to keep those two storylines poppin' a bit. The PrimeTime Wrestling Preview should be coming shortly.

WWF News (Wednesday, January 1991 Week One)

- The World Wrestling Federation has reached an agreement with the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance (TWA) to become their developmental territory.

- Tito Santana has been signed to a two-year contract extension.

- Owen Hart has been signed to a written contract. He is the younger brother of WWF SuperStar, Bret "The HitMan" Hart.

- Steve Austin has been signed to a pay-per-appearance deal.

- Steven Regal has been signed to a written contract.

WWF PrimeTime Wrestling Preview

Wednesday, January 1991

Week One

- We will hear from The One And Only, "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan.

- The Hart Foundation will put their WWF World Tag Team Titles on the line against Haku & The Barbarian.

- Tito Santana will go one-on-one with "The Macho King" Randy Savage.

- Mr. Perfect puts his InterContinental Title on the line, when he takes on "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan.

- Plus a weight-lifting contest will take place between The British Bulldog and "Canadian StrongMan" Dino Bravo.

All this and much, much more this week on PrimeTime Wrestling.

- We will hear from The One And Only, "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan.

- The Hart Foundation will put their WWF World Tag Team Titles on the line against Haku & The Barbarian.

- Tito Santana will go one-on-one with "The Macho King" Randy Savage.

- Mr. Perfect puts his InterContinental Title on the line, when he takes on "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan.

- Plus a weight-lifting contest will take place between The British Bulldog and "Canadian StrongMan" Dino Bravo.

All this and much, much more this week on PrimeTime Wrestling.

Can't wait to see what you do with this! Loved late 80's to early 2000's wrestling. Hopefully Austin and Regal are the exception and not the rule as you don't change the roster to fast but I'll be waiting for your next post!

I wasnt gonna do this right away (or at least 'till I gained a four person following hahahaha) but here's the PrimeTime card.

Royal Rumble Qualifying Match:

Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs Iron Mike Sharpe

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase vs Jim Brunzell

WWF World Tag Team Title Match:

Haku & The Barbarian vs The Hart Foundation ©

Tito Santana vs "The Macho King" Randy Savage

WWF InterContinental Title Match:

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs Mr. Perfect ©

Predictions welcome :D

Really enjoying this so far.... Kind of inspiring me to want to do a WCW diary... but I've still got my Back in the Saddle & Broken Road that I want to get back into the swing of things.... KUTGW

Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs Iron Mike Sharpe

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase vs Jim Brunzell

WWF World Tag Team Title Match:

Haku & The Barbarian vs The Hart Foundation ©

Tito Santana vs "The Macho King" Randy Savage

WWF InterContinental Title Match:

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs Mr. Perfect ©

I smell a DQ

http://images.tvrage.com/shows/11/10265.jpg

Wednesday, January 1991 Week One

Pre-Taped from the Rosemont Horizon in Chicago, Illinois

14,745 in Attendance

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan & Vince McMahon

Show Rating: B-

Pre Show

Owen Hart & Shane Douglas defeated Billy Smith & Dave Roulette in 8:20 when Owen Hart defeated Billy Smith by pinfall with The Rocket Launcher.

Shane Douglas seemed off his game tonight. Dave Roulette seemed off his game tonight. Dave Roulette was exhausted by the end. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Shane Douglas is improving in Rumble skills. Shane Douglas is improving in Technical skills. Shane Douglas is improving in Performance skills. Billy Smith is improving in Performance skills. Dave Roulette is improving in Rumble skills.

The Big Bossman defeated Steven Regal in 4:46 by pinfall with The Bossman Slam.

The Big Bossman was really off his game tonight. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Steven Regal is improving in Rumble skills. The Big Bossman is improving in Rumble skills. The Big Bossman is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: D+

Televised Broadcast

Royal Rumble Qualifying Match

Jake "The Snake" Roberts defeated Iron Mike Sharpe in 2:34 by pinfall with a DDT.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jake Roberts looked good out there. Jake Roberts is improving in Rumble skills. Iron Mike Sharpe is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: D+

Following the match, Jake "The Snake" Roberts unleashes Damien on the fallen body of Iron Mike Sharpe. During the match, we also seen Rick "The Model" Martel cut a split-screen promo, launching a verbal attack at Jake Roberts.

Segment Rating: D-

Raymond Rougeau conducts a backstage interview with "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase & Virgil. DiBiase guarantees victory tonight, and claims he's gonna be the one to win this years Royal Rumble. He then goes on about how he's gonna go on to WrestleMania VII and face the champion. Finally, he warns Dusty Rhodes and that punk kid of his to stay out of his business.

The DiBiase vs Dusty storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: B

Royal Rumble Qualifying Match

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase defeated Jim Brunzell in 2:37 by submission with The Million Dollar Dream.

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ted DiBiase looked good out there.

Match Rating: C+

Following the match, DiBiase & Virgil continue the assault on Jim Brunzell. DiBiase stuffs a one-hundred dollar bill in his mouth, before they get run off by Dusty & Dustin Rhodes, who come charging down to ringside to make the save.

The DiBiase vs Dusty storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: C

We cut backstage where we see Demolition attack The Legion Of Doom from behind, leaving them down and out.

The Demolition vs The Legion Of Doom storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: C+

Raymond Rougeau conducts a backstage interview with Demolition & Mr. Fuji following a short commercial break. They claim that the ongoing war with The Legion Of Doom will carry on until only one team is left standing, because the World Wrestling Federation is not big enough for the both of them.

Mr Fuji helped Crush during this segment. Mr Fuji helped Smash during this segment. The Demolition vs The Legion Of Doom storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: C-

Next up, The British Bulldog and "Canadian Strongman" Dino Bravo (along with Jimmy Hart) come down to ringside for the weight-lifting contest. Shortly thereafter, "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan is then introduced as the special-guest spotter for them. Dino Bravo goes first, as he puts up 700 lbs. The British Bulldog then tells Hogan to throw on an additional fifty for him, which he does. After a slight struggle, the Bulldog gets it up, but both Bravo and Hart are going bananas saying that Hogan pulled for him. After a few moments, things get physical between the Bulldog and Dino, with the Bulldog eventually clotheslining him over the top rope. Hogan also takes Jimmy Hart by the hair and pants, and sends him over.

Jimmy Hart helped Bravo during this segment. The Bulldog vs Bravo storyline has continued with this segment. Dino Bravo is improving at acting. Dino Bravo is developing better performance skills.

WWF World Tag Team Title Match

The Hart Foundation © defeated Haku & The Barbarian in 8:29 when Bret Hart defeated Haku by pinfall, after The Hart Attack.

The Hart Foundation make Defense Number 1 of their WWF World Tag Team titles.

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Bret Hart looked excellent out there. The Hart Foundation vs Nasty Boys storyline has continued with this match. Haku is improving in Rumble skills. Haku is improving in Performance skills. The Barbarian is improving in Rumble skills. The Barbarian is improving in Technical skills. The Barbarian is improving in Performance skills. Bret Hart is improving in Rumble skills. Jim Neidhart is improving in Rumble skills. Jim Neidhart is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: B-

Following the match, The Nasty Boys (along with Jimmy Hart) come out from behind the curtain. They challenge The Hart Foundation to a match for the titles, to which Bret Hart says that they're on. Anytime, anyplace.

Jimmy Hart helped Knobbs during this segment. Brian Knobbs and Jimmy Hart have great chemistry. Jimmy Hart helped Saggs during this segment. The Hart Foundation vs Nasty Boys storyline has continued with this segment.

Mene Gene is backstage with "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan, who from out of nowhere is attacked from behind by Earthquake. After a few chair shots to the body and head, Earthquake tells Hogan he shouldnt put his hands on managers. As Earthquake walks away, we see Hogan bleeding from the head.

The Earthquake vs Hogan storyline has continued with this segment.

"The Macho King" Randy Savage (along with Queen Sherri) cuts a backstage promo on his upcoming match with Tito Santana. He also goes on to tell WWF President Jack Tunney that he wants a shot at the WWF World HeavyWeight Title.

"The Macho King" Randy Savage defeated Tito Santana in 13:28 by pinfall with The Macho Elbow, after a distraction from Queen Sherri.

The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. This match lifted the crowd. Tito Santana is improving in Rumble skills. Tito Santana is improving in Performance skills. Randy Savage is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: B

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka cuts a backstage promo. He accepts the challenge made by The UnderTaker & Brother Love on Wrestling Challenge. The two will meet at the Royal Rumble.

The Taker vs Snuka storyline has continued with this segment.

Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa & General Adnan make their way down to ringside with both an Iraqi and an American flag handy. After a short promo from Slaughter, trashing the United States, we see General Adnan start to throw (what seems to be) gasoline on the American flag. Sgt. Slaughter seems as if he's gonna light the flag afire when he pulls out a zippo, but The Ultimate Warrior comes charging down and clears out the ring. He never actually gets his hands on Slaughter, though.

General Adnan helped Slaughter during this segment. General Adnan helped Mustafa during this segment. Sgt. Slaughter came across well. Col. Mustafa looked dreadful in this segment. The performance of The Ultimate Warrior was fantastic. The Warrior vs Slaughter storyline has continued with this segment. Col. Mustafa is developing better performance skills.

Mr. Perfect (along with The Coach) cuts a backstage promo on his upcoming match with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. He also introduces The Coach as his brand new manager during this segment.

WWF InterContinental Title Match

Mr. Perfect © defeated "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan in 10:39 by pinfall, after a distraction from The Coach and a crushing shot to the jaw with a pair of Brass Knuckles.

Mr. Perfect makes Defense Number 1 of his WWF InterContinental title.

The performance of Mr Perfect stood out as being good. This match lifted the crowd. Jim Duggan is improving in Rumble skills. Jim Duggan is improving in Technical skills. Jim Duggan is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: B

Mr. Perfect (along with The Coach) raise their hands in victory, as the show comes to a close.

Segment Rating: C-

From The Desk Of WWF President Jack Tunney:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/JPdean/WWF%20Role-Playing%20Federation/Avatars/DoNotUse5.png

- The Nasty Boys will take on The Hart Foundation for the WWF World Tag Team Titles at the Royal Rumble.

- The Main Event at this months Madison Square Garden show will consist of Earthquake & Sgt. Slaughter taking on WWF Champion, The Ultimate Warrior & Hulk Hogan in tag team action.

- Both Jake "The Snake" Roberts and "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBase have advanced into this years Royal Rumble Match.

- Also, due to the fact that they are the Number One Contenders for the WWF World Tag Team Titles, The Nasty Boys have also been added to the Royal Rumble Match.

- And finally, in other Madison Square Garden news, we will see Mr. Perfect put his WWF InterContinental Title on the line, when he goes one-on-one with "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich.

WWF News (Thursday, January 1991 Week One)

- Chris Benoit has been signed to a written contract.

- Eddie Guerrero has been signed to a written contract.

- Hulk Hogan has been identified as a steroid user by the WWF drug testing policy. Rumors report that after New Head-Booker Nick Cavalera sat him down and gave him a fatherly type approach about the issue, Hogan said "Yeah, whatever" and walked out.

- Steven Regal (after one day of employment haha) has been identified as a steroid user by the WWF drug testing policy. Rumors report that Nick Cavalera sent him off with a stern warning, to which Regal apologized and said he will try and better himself in the future.

Archived