WWF 1991: What The World Is Watching

<p>MAJOR BUMMER, man. That blows the big one.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm a die-hard WWF man, so any of the three options you listed, with the Federation, would be terrific. If I had to choose one, I'd probably vote for '96. This was a big transition period for the wrestling industry, and it would be great to see your take on it.</p><p> </p><p>

That would be followed closely by a return to 1991. If nothing else, I like having someone else posting a WWF '91 diary, so I can compare notes. Sure, it's selfish, but there you go.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, I hope everything works out. This diary was the inspiration for Tweek and I to give our joint diary a go, so you'll always have readers in us.</p><p> </p><p>

Cheers!</p>

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

http://images.tvrage.com/shows/11/10265.jpg

Wednesday, January 1991 Week Three

Pre-Taped from the Meadowlands Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey

15,000 in Attendance

Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Vince McMahon

Show Rating: C+

Pre Show

Power & Glory defeated Jim Powers & Jim Brunzell in 5:54 when Paul Roma defeated Jim Powers by pinfall with The Power Plex.

Slick did some good work at ringside. Hercules and Slick have absolutely zero chemistry together. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Hercules is improving in Rumble skills. Hercules is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: E+

Dean Malenko defeated Scott Taylor in 4:37 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Scott Taylor is improving in Technical skills. Scott Taylor is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: E

Televised Broadcast

WWF World Tag Team Title Match

The Hart Foundation © defeated The Brooklyn Brawler & Big Bully Busick in 4:26 when Bret Hart defeated The Brooklyn Brawler by pinfall with The Hart Attack.

The Hart Foundation make Defense Number 2 of their WWF World Tag Team titles.

Harvey Wippleman did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Bret Hart looked excellent out there. The Hart Foundation vs Nasty Boys storyline has continued with this match. Jim Neidhart is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: D+

Following the match, The Nasty Boys run in and attack The Hart Foundation. However, after a mutual irish whip (which sends both Nasty Boys crashing into each other) The Hart Foundation proceed to send them sailing to the floor, deeming this attempt failed.

Jimmy Hart helped Knobbs during this segment. Brian Knobbs and Jimmy Hart have great chemistry. Jimmy Hart helped Saggs during this segment. The Hart Foundation vs Nasty Boys storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: C

Raymond Rougeau conducts a backstage interview with "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase (along with Virgil). He goes on to say that the clock is ticking for Dusty Rhodes, and come the Royal Rumble he's gonna send the big man packing once and for all.

The DiBiase vs Dusty storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: B

Backstage, we see "The Macho King" Randy Savage (along with Queen Sherri) looking for Jack Tunney. After a few moments, he finally spots him and begins simultaniously yelling and storming in his direction. Savage is asking where his title shot is, claiming he's never even been granted a rematch since dropping the title nearly two years ago at WrestleMania V. Jack Tunney then tells Savage that he WILL receive a shot at The WWF Title..... if he goes through twenty-nine other superstars and is victorious in this years Royal Rumble Match. Upon this statement, Randy Savage begins to go absolutely bananas and is immediately restrained by WWF Officials for the safety of Tunney.

Segment Rating: C+

Royal Rumble Qualifying Match

Demolition defeated The Bushwhackers in 6:10 when Smash defeated Luke by pinfall, following The Demolition Device.

Mr Fuji did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Demolition vs The Legion Of Doom storyline has continued with this match.

Match Rating: D

Brother Love welcomes us back, after a short commercial break to this weeks edition of the Brother Love Show. He then brings out his guest: WWF new-comer, Steve Austin. Austin proceeds to cut a short promo on how he plans to rise straight to the top, and how if anyone's got a problem with that.... he's not a hard man to find.

Segment Rating: D

Match Announcement: The Undertaker vs Tito Santana at Madison Square Garden this coming Saturday.

Match Announcement: The British Bulldog vs The Warlord at Madison Square Garden this coming Saturday in a Royal Rumble Qualifying match.

Mene Gene conducts a backstage interview with "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes (along with his son, Dustin). Dusty tells Ted DiBiase that after he and Dustin take care of " bi nizzzzzz " in Madison Square Garden Saturday Night, he's gonna go on to the Rumble and put a stop to him once and for all. He then mentions his match tonight with The Undertaker, and that you cannot put a price on freedom, baby.

Segment Rating: B-

Sean Mooney is backstage with Mr. Fuji, who introduces us to his brand new client. Fuji mentions that he is one of the best this sport has to offer, and he has been dominating Japan for quite some time now. His name is Jushin 'Thunder' Liger. He then launches a verbal attack at Jake "The Snake" Roberts, who will be going one-on-one with Liger (in Ligers debut match) in just a few short moments.

Jushin Thunder Liger would be better off without Mr Fuji, they simply don't work well together.

Segment Rating: E-

Jushin 'Thunder' Liger defeated Jake "The Snake" Roberts in 8:50 by pinfall with a Brainbuster. During the match we also seen Rick Martel run in and attack Jake, hitting him square in the jaw with the Arrogance bottle.

Jushin Thunder Liger would be better off without Mr Fuji, they simply don't work well together. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Roberts vs Martel storyline has continued with this match. Jushin Thunder Liger is improving in Performance skills. Jake Roberts is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C

Next up, The British Bulldog and Dino Bravo make their way down to ringside for the arm-wrestling contest. Gorilla Monsoon is in the ring, hosting the contest as the two men proceed to square off from each side of the table. After about a two minute struggle, the Bulldog seems to be gaining a clear advantage when just then, Dino Bravo takes his left hand, grabs the Bulldog by the hair and smashes his head down directly onto the wooden table. Jimmy Hart then tosses him the megaphone, and Dino nearly takes the Bulldogs head off with one swing. Finally, Bravo ends the segment by delivering his patnent Sidewalk Slam, sending the Bulldog straight through the table.

The Bulldog vs Bravo storyline has continued with this segment.

The Texas Tornado cuts a pre-taped, backstage promo on the Royal Rumble Match.

Segment Rating: D- (CMON Kerry)

Lord Alfred Hayes conducts a backstage interview with The Undertaker (along with Paul Bearer). Paul proceeds to let Dusty Rhodes know that in just a few short moments, Armageddon will be passing through. Then, after talking briefly about the Royal Rumble Match and the WWF Title.... he reminds Jimmy Snuka that his days are numbered. Reeesssttt in Peeeaaaccceee.

Paul Bearer helped Undertaker during this segment. The Undertaker and Paul Bearer have excellent chemistry together. The Taker vs Snuka storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: B+

The Undertaker defeated "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes in 6:38 when Dusty Rhodes was counted out, after Ted DiBiase (who was at ringside doing guest commentary) distracted him.

The Undertaker and Paul Bearer have excellent chemistry together. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The DiBiase vs Dusty storyline has continued with this match. The Undertaker is improving in Rumble skills.

A vignette is shown. It doesnt reveal much, but leaves us with a few off-handed messages, such as....

"Justice WILL Prevail" And "One Strike, You're Out"

"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan makes his way down to ringside in street clothes and calls for a mic. He calls out Tugboat, and once again apologizes. After a few moments of pleading, he instead gets Jimmy Hart, who is yelling that HulkaMania is over through his megaphone. Just as Hogan starts to get riled up in the ring, Earthquake sneaks through the crowd and attacks him from behind. Following a running avalanche into the corner, Earthquake delivers the Earthquake Splash, leaving Hogan down and out. Jimmy Hart then tells Hogan that he should stop worrying about Tugboat and to start worrying about the HUGE matter at hand.

The Earthquake vs Hogan storyline has continued with this segment.

Match Rating: B+

The announcing team reminds us that Andre The Giant will be making his in-ring return at the Royal Rumble.

WWF World HeavyWeight Title Match

The Ultimate Warrior © defeated Mr. Perfect in 13:05 when Mr Perfect was disqualified after Sgt. Slaughter ran in and attacked The Ultimate Warrior.

The Ultimate Warrior makes Defense Number 2 of his WWF World HeavyWeight title.

The Ultimate Warrior was exhausted by the end. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. The Warrior vs Slaughter storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd.

Match Rating: B

Following the match, Mr. Perfect, Sgt. Slaughter & Col. Mustafa continue the assualt on The Ultimate Warrior. However, before long, The Big Bossman comes runnin' down to ringside swinging his nightstick, but Perfect and the Iraqis were quick to retreat. He then helps the Warrior to his feet and holds his hand up in victory, as PrimeTime comes to a close.

General Adnan helped Slaughter during this segment. The Warrior vs Slaughter storyline has continued with this segment. The Perfect vs Bossman storyline has continued with this segment.

WWF SuperStars Preview

Saturday, January 1991

Week Three

This Week On SuperStars . . . .

- The Legion Of Doom will be in action, as they've made an open challenge to whom-ever the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions may be after this coming week. But first, they'll be put to the test when they'll have to square off with not one... but TWO former WWF InterContinental Champions in Rhythm & Blues.

- Also, for the first time since WWF President Jack Tunney announced his official in-ring return date, we will hear (via Sattelite) from "The Eighth Wonder Of The World" Andre The Giant.

- Then finally, in our main event, we will see the Number One Contender for the InterContinental Title, The Big Bossman in action as he goes one-on-one with the ever-so-fearsome samoan, Haku.

All this and much, much more this week on WWF SuperStars.

Quick Picks:

Barry Orton & Chris Walker vs The Nasty Boys

Owen Hart vs Sato

Jim Brunzell vs "Canadian Strongman" Dino Bravo

Rhythm & Blues vs The Legion Of Doom

Haku vs The Big Bossman

Comments: This edition of SuperStars is taking place on Saturday Night, just prior to the Madison Square Garden show. So in essence, I've decided to simply use it as a pre-show. Ok, predictions welcome. :D

It's great to see you back, and as Tweek said, it's really neat to see how you're handling this time-period differently.

I really love the image of Earthquake sneaking through the crowd. If only Hogan had had a glass of water handy, he could have used the ol' Jurassic Park method of knowing he was coming.

I just finished booking my Royal Rumble, and one thing I can say for certain, is that Mr Perfect is a god, if he can carry The Ultimate Warrior to a B rated match. Randy Savage wasn't even able to do that for me.

Once again, it's so good to have you back up and running. You were the inspiration of Tweek & I do do our game, so you'll always have a reader (two, I guess) in us.

Cheers!

Squash.

Owen Hart vs Sato

Sato is old, undertalented, and in my game, newly unemployed. Baby Brother Owen gets the win, with the most beautiful enziguri in WWF history.

Dino keeps strong (see what I did there?), heading into his match with Davey Boy. Unless Brunzell is in the Killer Bees, he's not doing much other than staring at the lights.

The Legion of Doom are so rediculously popular, it's basically impossible to have them lose. That said, I love Rhythm 'n' Blues, and hope they can really accomplish something, either as a team, or individually.

Haku vs The Big Bossman

A terrific match-up. Haku is a very under-rated brawler, with some good Menace to boot. If he can raise his Performance skills, he'll really go places. Still, Bossman's hot, and running with the Intercontinental Champ, so this is not Haku's time.

It's great to see you back, and as Tweek said, it's really neat to see how you're handling this time-period differently.

I really love the image of Earthquake sneaking through the crowd. If only Hogan had had a glass of water handy, he could have used the ol' Jurassic Park method of knowing he was coming.

I just finished booking my Royal Rumble, and one thing I can say for certain, is that Mr Perfect is a god, if he can carry The Ultimate Warrior to a B rated match. Randy Savage wasn't even able to do that for me.

Once again, it's so good to have you back up and running. You were the inspiration of Tweek & I do do our game, so you'll always have a reader (two, I guess) in us.

Cheers!

Thanks man. And needless to say, I thoroughly enjoy yours as well. The time off has treated me well, as I've really thought everything (past WrestleMania and up to about SummerSlam), so be sure to stay tuned. I'm confident that at the VERY LEAST you two guys will enjoy it. Haha.

And good luck with your Rumble. I cant wait much longer for it. :mad:

Total squash. Barry O will probably take the lose.

Owen Hart vs Sato

I liked Sato when he was Shinija when Hakushi first showed up in WWF, but that is all I can say for him. Hart with the win.

Bravo could be a decent I.C. champion if there was ever a face as champion.

I've always been a fan of the Hammer, but I hated Honky. So.. LOD all the way.

Haku vs The Big Bossman

Seeing as Bossman is in a program right now with Perfect, there is no way Haku will pull out the win.

The World Wrestling Federation INVADES Madison Square Garden

http://www.nytix.com/repository/broadwaytheatres/madisonsquaregarden/msg-large.jpg

Saturday, January 1991

Week Three

Live From The Worlds Most Famous Arena :D

Royal Rumble Qualifying Match:

Steve Austin vs Shane Douglas

Six-Man Tag Team Match:

Jake "The Snake" Roberts & The Rockers vs Rick "The Model" Martel & The Orient Express

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka vs The Barbarian

WWF World Tag Team Title Match:

Demolition vs The Hart Foundation ©

The British Bulldog vs The Warlord

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase & Virgil vs "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes & Dustin Rhodes

The Undertaker vs Tito Santana

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs "The Macho King" Randy Savage

WWF InterContinental Title Match:

The Texas Tornado vs Mr. Perfect ©

Earthquake & Sgt. Slaughter vs The Ultimate Warrior & Hulk Hogan

Comments: The SuperStars card is complete, but I figured I'd share this now, being they're both happening in the same night. I wanna release the results (if not back to back) at least within a day of each other. Ok, thats all. :cool:

Austin's ready to shoot up the card, and I doubt you've got big immediate plans for Shane Douglas.

Six-Man Tag Team Match:

Jake "The Snake" Roberts & The Rockers vs Rick "The Model" Martel & The Orient Express

Roberts and Martel cancel each other out, but The Rockers far out-match the Orient Express.

The Barbarians a nice mid-card monster, but Snuka is out of his league, even at this age.

My upset of the night. It's quite clear that Bret has outgrown the Foundation. A loss here would only bring him down a bit in the Tri-State, as opposed to globally, if it's televised. This is the way to get the belt off him.

I love the Bulldog. When in doubt, I always pick him.

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase & Virgil vs "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes & Dustin Rhodes

Dusty's taking a hike, at the Rumble. He'll job his way out the door.

The Undertaker's still got that lustre on him, after his debut. He'll stay hot for a long time.

Jim Duggan is sitting about as high up the card as he ever will, right now. Savage still has the goods to headline.

If Von Erich takes the belt, it'll be in Texas, not New York.

Definitely the easy choice of the night.

Six-Man Tag Team Match:

http://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/100/032/137/t_tvfghOTY3BUFY9r.jpg

Saturday, January 1991 Week Three

Live from Madison Square Garden in New York, New York

Announcers: Vince McMahon & "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Show Rating: D

Pre Show

Steven Regal & Dean Malenko defeated Salvatore Bellomo & Tony Roy in 5:38 when Steven Regal defeated Salvatore Bellomo by submission with The Regal Stretch.

Tony Roy has now switched to a Jobber gimmick. It has gotten an initial D+ rating. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Steven Regal is improving in Performance skills. Dean Malenko is improving in Rumble skills. Dean Malenko is improving in Technical skills. Dean Malenko is improving in Performance skills. Salvatore Bellomo is improving in Technical skills. Tony Roy is improving in Performance skills.

Chris Benoit defeated The Brooklyn Brawler in 5:27 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Televised Broadcast

The Nasty Boys defeated Barry Orton & Chris Walker in 3:58 when Jerry Saggs defeated Barry Orton by pinfall with The Pit Stop.

Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. Brian Knobbs and Jimmy Hart have great chemistry. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. The Hart Foundation vs Nasty Boys storyline has continued with this match. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Match Rating: E+

Sean Mooney conducts a backstage interview with the WWF World Tag Team Champions, The Hart Foundation. After launching a verbal attack at their arch rivals, The Nasty Boys, they remind Demolition (who they're facing later on tonight, in Madison Square Garden) that THEY are the ones who took the titles off them in the first place.

The Hart Foundation vs Nasty Boys storyline has continued with this segment.

Lord Alfred Hayes conducts a backstage interview with The British Bulldog, who launches a verbal attack at Dino Bravo.

The Bulldog vs Bravo storyline has continued with this segment.

Owen Hart defeated Sato in 2:40 by pinfall with The Rocket Launcher.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Raymond Rougeau conducts a backstage interview with Rick "The Model" Martel & The Orient Express (along with Mr. Fuji). They proceed to taunt Jake "The Snake" Roberts & The Rockers, who are also their opponents later on tonight.

Mr Fuji helped Tanaka during this segment. The Roberts vs Martel storyline has continued with this segment. The Rockers vs Orient Express storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: D+

Gorilla Monsoon conducts a backstage interview with The Texas Tornado. He goes on to tell Mr. Perfect that tonight, there's a storm comin' through and when its all said and done, and the smoke clears..... the InterContinental Championship is coming right back home, where it belongs.

Segment Rating: D

"Canadian Strongman" Dino Bravo defeated Jim Brunzell in 4:50 by pinfall with a Side Walk Slam.

Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Dino Bravo is improving in Technical skills.

Match Rating: D-

Mene Gene is backstage with Dusty & Dustin Rhodes, who launch a verbal attack at Ted DiBiase & Virgil. Dusty then mentions his match with DiBiase next Sunday at the Rumble, stating that he's gonna send him packing straight out of the World Wrestling Federation.

Sean Mooney conducts a backstage interview with "The Macho King" Randy Savage (along with Queen Sherri), He proceeds to rant on once again to WWF President, Jack Tunney, demanding a World Title Match. He then mentions that "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan is just another stepping-stone on his way to the top of the mountain.

Segment Rating: A Thank You Randy

The Legion Of Doom defeated Rhythm N' Blues in 7:19 when Hawk defeated The Honky Tonk Man by pinfall with The Doomsday Device, following botched interference by Jimmy Hart, when he accidentally hit Honky with his mega-phone.

Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. Greg Valentine and Jimmy Hart are an awkward pairing, they just have no chemistry whatsoever. The performance of Animal stood out as being good. The Demolition vs The Legion Of Doom storyline has continued with this match.

Match Rating: C+

The Legion Of Doom celebrate their victory in the ring. On a side note, Rhythm N' Blues seem to be arguing a bit over the miss que.

The Demolition vs The Legion Of Doom storyline has continued with this segment.

Match Rating: B-

Following the commercial break, Mene Gene is backstage with Earthquake & Sgt. Slaughter (along with Jimmy Hart, General Adnan & Col. Mustafa), who launch a verbal attack at their opponents later on tonight, The Ultimate Warrior & Hulk Hogan.

Jimmy Hart helped Earthquake during this segment. General Adnan helped Slaughter during this segment. The Warrior vs Slaughter storyline has continued with this segment. The Earthquake vs Hogan storyline has continued with this segment.

Lord Alfred Hayes conducts a backstage interview with The Big Bossman, who launches a verbal attack at his opponent tonight, Haku. He also goes on to remind Mr. Perfect that at the Royal Rumble, Justice Will Prevail.

The Perfect vs Bossman storyline has continued with this segment.

The Big Bossman defeated Haku in 5:52 by pinfall with The Bossman Slam.

The match suffered from a lack of psychology, it could have really used somebody with the knowledge of how to construct a proper flow. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Following the match, Mr. Perfect hits the ring and begins to lay into The Big Bossman from behind. He then proceeds to irish-whip him into the ropes, but the Bossman ducks a clothesline. Upon re-gaining the upper hand, the Bossman connects with a clothesline of his own...sending Mr. Perfect flying over the top rope and onto the floor, as the show comes to a close.

The WWF Invades Madison Square Garden

http://www.nytix.com/repository/broadwaytheatres/madisonsquaregarden/msg-large.jpg

Saturday, January 1991 Week Three

Live from the Worlds Most Famous Arena :D

30,000 in Attendance

Announcers: Sean Mooney & Lord Alfred Hayes

Show Rating: B

**** Kato was used too much. This show might have actually hurt our popularity overall. ****

Pre Show

Eddie Guerrero defeated "The Young Stallion" Jim Powers in 4:34 by pinfall with a Frogsplash.

Eddie Guerrero and Jim Powers have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost.

Saba Simba defeated Barry Horowitz in 5:01 by pinfall with a Gorilla Press Slam.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Televised Broadcast

Steve Austin defeated Shane Douglas in 7:29 by pinfall after a low-blow, and a school-boy out of the corner, while using the ropes for leverage.

The announcing quality lifted the match. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Steve Austin is improving in Rumble skills.

Vince McMahon conducts a pre-match, backstage interview with Jake "The Snake" Roberts & The Rockers. They proceed to launch a verbal attack at Rick "The Model" Martel & The Orient Express.

The Roberts vs Martel storyline has continued with this segment. The Rockers vs Orient Express storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: C-

Rick Martel & The Orient Express defeated Jake Roberts & The Rockers in 11:31 when Rick Martel defeated Marty Jannetty by pinfall, after Jannetty missed an over the top rope sunset-flip attempt, and came crashing down hard on his head.

Mr Fuji did some good work at ringside. Shawn Michaels looked good out there. The Roberts vs Martel storyline has continued with this match. The Rockers vs Orient Express storyline has continued with this match. Jake Roberts is improving in Performance skills.

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka defeated The Barbarian in 5:06 by pinfall with The Superfly Splash.

The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Jimmy Snuka is improving in Rumble skills.

WWF World Tag Team Title Match

The Hart Foundation © defeated Demolition in 13:46 when Bret Hart defeated Crush by pinfall, following The Hart Attack. During the match, we also saw Animal run in and blast Crush in the head with Mr. Fuji's cane, while Hawk had the referee distracted.

The Hart Foundation make Defense Number 3 of their WWF World Tag Team titles.

Mr Fuji did some good work at ringside. The great performance of Bret Hart really stood out. The Demolition vs The Legion Of Doom storyline has continued with this match. The Hart Foundation vs Nasty Boys storyline has continued with this match. Jim Neidhart is improving in Performance skills.

Following the match, The Nasty Boys (along with Jimmy Hart) come out from behind the curtain and cut a short promo from the top of the ramp, stating that The Hart Foundation got by tonight by the skin on their teeth. However, at the Rumble... they wont be so lucky.

Brian Knobbs and Jimmy Hart have great chemistry. The Hart Foundation vs Nasty Boys storyline has continued with this segment.

Raymond Rougeau conducts a backstage interview with Ted DiBiase & Virgil. They proceed to launch a verbal attack Dusty & Dustin Rhodes, their opponents in just a few short moments.

The British Bulldog defeated The Warlord in 6:53 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam, following botched interference by Dino Bravo (who was already down at ringside doing guest commentary).

The Warlord was visibly tiring toward the end. Slick did some good work at ringside. Lord Alfred Hayes and Dino Bravo have pretty good chemistry when calling matches together. The British Bulldog looked good out there. The Bulldog vs Bravo storyline has continued with this match. The Warlord is improving in Rumble skills. The Warlord is improving in Performance skills.

Match Rating: C+

A Hype Video is Shown, Highlighting the Ted DiBiase / Dusty Rhodes Saga.

Ted DiBiase & Virgil defeated Dusty & Dustin Rhodes in 8:03 when Ted DiBiase defeated Dusty Rhodes by pinfall with a fast roll up, using a handful of tights.

The great performance of Ted DiBiase really stood out. The DiBiase vs Dusty storyline has continued with this match. Ted DiBiase is improving in Performance skills. Virgil is improving in Rumble skills. Virgil is improving in Performance skills. Dustin Rhodes is improving in Technical skills.

Vince McMahon conducts a backstage interview with Mr. Perfect (and The Coach). They tell The Texas Tornado that there is no "storm-warning" in Manhattan tonight. Then, they proceed to taunt The Big Bossman a bit, before walking off the set.

The Undertaker defeated Tito Santana in 10:44 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver. During the match we also had Paul Bearer nail Tito with the urn.

The Undertaker and Paul Bearer have excellent chemistry together. The Undertaker and Tito Santana don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. The announcing job done by Sean Mooney was pretty weak. This match lifted the crowd. Tito Santana is improving in Rumble skills.

Sean Mooney & Lord Alfred Hayes conduct an interview (from the broadcast booth) with "The Eighth Wonder Of The World" Andre The Giant, via sattelite from his hometown in France. Andre mentions that he feels great. He then goes on to say that NOBODY has what it takes to hoist him over the top rope and onto the floor, next Sunday. Finally, he talks about how much of an honor it would be to once again compete at WrestleMania for the WWF Championship.

Andre the Giant was very underwhelming. This segment lifted the crowd. Andre the Giant is developing better performance skills. Sean Mooney is learning to show more charisma.

"The Macho King" Randy Savage defeated "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan in 11:42 by pinfall with The Macho Elbow, following a distraction from Queen Sherri.

The announcing job done by Sean Mooney was pretty weak. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. This match lifted the crowd. Jim Duggan is improving in Performance skills.

Mene Gene conducts a backstage interview with The Ultimate Warrior & Hulk Hogan. They proceed to launch a verbal attack at Earthquake & Sgt. Slaughter, their opponents in just a few short moments.

The Warrior vs Slaughter storyline has continued with this segment. The Earthquake vs Hogan storyline has continued with this segment.

WWF InterContinental Title Match

Mr. Perfect © defeated The Texas Tornado in 11:02 by pinfall with The Perfect Plex. During the match we also had Steve Austin come down to ringside and waffle The Texas Tornado with a chair.

Mr. Perfect makes Defense Number 2 of his WWF InterContinental title.

The Texas Tornado and Mr Perfect have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. The announcing job done by Sean Mooney was pretty weak. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. Mr Perfect looked good out there. This match lifted the crowd. The Texas Tornado is improving in Performance skills.

The Ultimate Warrior & Hulk Hogan defeated Earthquake & Sgt. Slaughter in 9:32 when Sgt. Slaughter was disqualified after Col. Mustafa ran in and attacked The Ultimate Warrior, while Earthquake & Hogan were tied up on the outside. During the match we also had General Adnan run in and attack The Warrior.

Earthquake seemed off his game tonight. Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. Sgt. Slaughter was visibly tiring toward the end. General Adnan did some good work at ringside. The Ultimate Warrior was exhausted by the end. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. The announcing job done by Sean Mooney was pretty weak. The performance of Hulk Hogan stood out as being good. The Warrior vs Slaughter storyline has continued with this match. The Earthquake vs Hogan storyline has continued with this match. This match lifted the crowd.

Following the match, Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa & General Adnan continue the assault on The Ultimate Warrior inside the ring. Earthquake whips Hulk Hogan into the steel barricade on the outside. Then, out of nowhere.... Dino Bravo comes charging out from behind the curtain and begins hammering away on Hogan. Earthquake then re-enters the ring, as the Iraqis set The Warrior up for him in the corner. He charges across the ring and SQUASHES the champ with a huge avalanche (King Kong Bundy style). The Iraqis now take the fallen body of The Warrior and station him in the center of the ring. From there, Earthquake signals, hits the ropes and delivers a Thunderous Earthquake Splash. On the outside, we see Dino Bravo drill Hogan into the concrete floor back first with his patent Side Walk Slam. Just then, Sgt. Slaughter slaps The Cobra Clutch on the Unconscious Warrior, as the show goes off the air.

The Warrior vs Slaughter storyline has continued with this segment. The Earthquake vs Hogan storyline has continued with this segment.

Segment Rating: A

Comments: I dont understand how this show could have hurt my popularity, with a B-overall rating. Anyway, I thought things moved along rather well here. I have a Big Week planned leading into the Rumble, so stay tuned. Challenge preview coming shortly folks.

WWF News (Sunday, January 1991 Week Three)

- Rumors are flying that Tito Santana suffered a broken ankle at last nights Madison Square Garden show, during his match with The Undertaker. He is expected to be out of action for two months.

- Jim Duggan has been identified as a steroid user by the WWF drug testing policy. Rumors report that after New Head-Booker Nick Cavalera reportedly gave him a "slap on the wrist" for it, Duggan was very humble and apologetic.

- Marty Jannetty has been identified as a soft drug user by the WWF drug testing policy. Rumors report that Nick Cavalera read him the riot act this time around, and Marty claimed to understand why...saying he'll do his best to stay clean in the future.

- The Warlord has been identified as a steroid user by the WWF drug testing policy. Rumors report that Nick Cavalera sent him off with a stern warning, to which he promised to never let it happen again.

WWF News (Sunday, January 1991 Week Three)

- Rumors are flying that Tito Santana suffered a broken ankle at last nights Madison Square Garden show, during his match with The Undertaker. He is expected to be out of action for two months.

- Jim Duggan has been identified as a steroid user by the WWF drug testing policy. Rumors report that after New Head-Booker Nick Cavalera reportedly gave him a "slap on the wrist" for it, Duggan was very humble and apologetic.

- Marty Jannetty has been identified as a soft drug user by the WWF drug testing policy. Rumors report that Nick Cavalera read him the riot act this time around, and Marty claimed to understand why...saying he'll do his best to stay clean in the future.

- The Warlord has been identified as a steroid user by the WWF drug testing policy. Rumors report that Nick Cavalera sent him off with a stern warning, to which he promised to never let it happen again.

drug testing policy in 1991? no wayyy :p

WWF Wrestling Challenge Preview

Tuesday, January 1991

Week Four

- We will hear from both, "The Natural Disaster" Earthquake and "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan. What will each one have to say, following this past weekends Madison Square Garden event? And WHEN will they finally set foot in the ring, and square off one-on-one?

- Also, Jake "The Snake" Roberts will be in action, as he faces a man never to be taken lightly: "Playboy" Buddy Rose.

- Plus, rumor has it that "The Macho King" Randy Savage has a Big Surprise for WWF President, Jack Tunney. And IF the rumors are true.... this one folks, you dont wanna miss.

All this and much, much more this week on WWF Wrestling Challenge.

Quick Picks:

Chris Benoit vs Sato

Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs "Playboy" Buddy Rose

Comments: This folks, is once again a show that revolves around keeping a few guys happy. Like Jake "The Snake" for instance. Two drug offenses, three weeks. He's unhappy when he loses and acts like a prick when I hit him with a "stern" warning. I dont know what to do with the guy. I love him in this era, and I actually have big plans for him. But he keeps ****ing up. lol, expect a couple more signings in the next few days. Ok, thats all. :)

Archived