PSW: The Evolution of Greed

it helps a hell of a lot thanks for taking the time for replying...i guess i need to use cheap workers for a while

As much as it can suck, having to use lesser known/lesser talented workers, it's actually a blessing in disguise. If you're like me, You've used all the big name guys, all the indy guys that are considered "top notch", and have come to a place where everything seemed pretty typical. Same guys... Same companies... etc. PSW forces you to work with what they have to start with... Giving you a whole slew of new people to focus on. Honestly, with the characters that you start with, it's a lot of fun to give them their due (even despite their lack of popularity or real skill. ha).

As for taking the time to respond... No worries Paulskln. You've been a great source of support lately & I really appreciate it man. One thing's for sure... I'm def. willing to talk about this diary, in-game stuff, etc. This diary is a labor of love for me... So, it's a lot of fun to relay any information or talk over recent situations.

Cheers.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as it can suck, having to use lesser known/lesser talented workers, it's actually a blessing in disguise. If you're like me, You've used all the big name guys, all the indy guys that are considered "top notch", and have come to a place where everything seemed pretty typical. Same guys... Same companies... etc. PSW forces you to work with what they have to start with... Giving you a whole slew of new people to focus on. Honestly, with the characters that you start with, it's a lot of fun to give them their due (even despite their lack of popularity or real skill. ha).

As for taking the time to respond... No worries Paulskln. You've been a great source of support lately & I really appreciate it man. One thing's for sure... I'm def. willing to talk about this diary, in-game stuff, etc. This diary is a labor of love for me... So, it's a lot of fun to relay any information or talk over recent situations.

Cheers.

Eisen-Verse speaks the truth. As one of the people known for using the lesser knowns, even I fall into the trap of hiring the best of the indies in an attempt to push the company to new heights (downfall of my RPW diary BTW; It was -planned in that diary to take everyone's best stars and win the East Coast Wars, however I was never able to figure out what to do with all of them and I without direction the diary died). IMO once you've found a four to eight (depending on the size of the company) "aces" to carry the main event grades, you are able to "punt" the undercard a bit to save some money and push the new guys. For example, USPW can get C+ to B cards with a strong main event headlined by James Justice and a bunch of sweet angles. The rest of the card really doesn't matter (though I would advise that the opener and the semi-main event are at least a C-).

Plus figuring out new characters is just good plain fun! :D

Eisen-Verse speaks the truth. As one of the people known for using the lesser knowns, even I fall into the trap of hiring the best of the indies in an attempt to push the company to new heights (downfall of my RPW diary BTW; It was -planned in that diary to take everyone's best stars and win the East Coast Wars, however I was never able to figure out what to do with all of them and I without direction the diary died). IMO once you've found a four to eight (depending on the size of the company) "aces" to carry the main event grades, you are able to "punt" the undercard a bit to save some money and push the new guys. For example, USPW can get C+ to B cards with a strong main event headlined by James Justice and a bunch of sweet angles. The rest of the card really doesn't matter (though I would advise that the opener and the semi-main event are at least a C-).

Plus figuring out new characters is just good plain fun! :D

I second this one as I simmed on my XFW game for a couple of months and putting out great hardcore main events, I'm still beaten by RPW (curse you Brent Hill & Steve Flash. Curse you two!!! :)), and I kept raiding the PPPW for no reason such just add the talent. I'm recreating more like ECW with big roster but don't know what to do with them.

So what I've done is copy the saved game and then do like an experimental game and then the final game simming. And it helps me figure out how to run and win the war. :)

With PSW, you're doing great Eisen. And I've red your RPW diary foolinc. Its a shame that your NYCW one ended. Oh well.

*Back to rewriting the Cornell/Nemesis match on my XFW diary*

Early August 2009

... Shot Down ...

"Absolutely not. You will NOT sink my ship..."

I scratched my head nervously, darting my eyes around the room as I heavily press the side of my face into the warm plastic of my cellphone. What the hell was I going to do? Even with the man personally exiling himself to Canada, no longer physically taking part in day-to-day events here in the "Steel City", Mitch was STILL the sole proprietor of Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling. What he said happened.... What I wanted was always placed in a backseat formation when Mitch felt that he was justified in his thoughts. Then again, I guess he had the biggest justification tool on his side... Ownership.

"Uh... Mitch? You're going to tell me that you..."

"That's final, John. You understand? Final."

I kicked my head backward with force... Resting it upon the torn, and dusty, office chair that I stole from someone's nearby curb on garbage day. Sure, they didn't want it... but for someone like me, someone massively on a budget and not afraid to take on the "lesser things in life", It was where I spent 90% of my week planning.

"What am I suppose to tell 'the boys'? We're just going to let this go?"

"John. What did I say? My decision is final... Goodbye."

With that, Mitch had hung up the phone in an abrupt manor. Our relationship, or lack there of, was still extremely rocky after I socked him square across the jaw. His difficult mindset, and an overall hatred for me, leaves me wanting something new... Possibly breaking out on my own. However, I couldn't just leave these guys... After they stood up for me following the "incident". Hell, they're the reason I'm not in jail... that I still have my job... My Freedom. So, even as entertaining as a solo job sounded, I knew that A) The indy circuit wouldn't be all that forgiving to someone in my position... and B) A, John Greed, owned company would most likely generate some buzz but the current market didn't have enough "stand-out" performers available. So, I am forced to follow his lead... Choosing in-activity versus progression...

We were stuck...

A loss of epic proportions due to 3 major scenarios...

1) Too much money was being asked to be put on the table.

2) Mitch Naess is, in no way, looking to "work with me" as it pertains to bettering the very company that he owns...

3) Mitch can't stand me and will shoot down pretty much anything I ask for.

... Just another day on the job ...

... Another f*cking let-down in the world of the "Steel City" ...

I second this one as I simmed on my XFW game for a couple of months and putting out great hardcore main events, I'm still beaten by RPW (curse you Brent Hill & Steve Flash. Curse you two!!! :)), and I kept raiding the PPPW for no reason such just add the talent. I'm recreating more like ECW with big roster but don't know what to do with them.

So what I've done is copy the saved game and then do like an experimental game and then the final game simming. And it helps me figure out how to run and win the war. :)

With PSW, you're doing great Eisen. And I've red your RPW diary foolinc. Its a shame that your NYCW one ended. Oh well.

*Back to rewriting the Cornell/Nemesis match on my XFW diary*

I'm disappointed that the diary died too. However, don't be surprised to see a return of a diary that "died" in my upcoming diary. Just make sure you sign up for TEW 108: I Can Be A Booker!? next semester. I hear that Professor Heatly guy is pretty cool. ;)

I think a lot of the issues has to do with having to pay workers per show. If they were paid monthly, it could save you a lot more if you are running a lot more shows.

And, as I think TEW accurately potrays, when you are small, you can't make that much money at all. You can still make money,but it's hard. It's just the nature of the business. On top of that, how controversial your product determines how much sponsorship you get, and how easy it is for you to get a TV and/or PPV deal. That's why Paul Heyman had to make his shows as "best" as he can, because he knew, if he didn't swim, he would sink. That's same issue with DAVE and PSW. It's either sink or swim. It's also why many other kinds of promotions can survive on the Regional level, but Hardcore ones have a hard time doing so.

That's why there aren't a lot of Hardcore promotions these days. If you don't have the fan support, then you have nothing.

I think a lot of the issues has to do with having to pay workers per show. If they were paid monthly, it could save you a lot more if you are running a lot more shows.

And, as I think TEW accurately potrays, when you are small, you can't make that much money at all. You can still make money,but it's hard. It's just the nature of the business. On top of that, how controversial your product determines how much sponsorship you get, and how easy it is for you to get a TV and/or PPV deal. That's why Paul Heyman had to make his shows as "best" as he can, because he knew, if he didn't swim, he would sink. That's same issue with DAVE and PSW. It's either sink or swim. It's also why many other kinds of promotions can survive on the Regional level, but Hardcore ones have a hard time doing so.

That's why there aren't a lot of Hardcore promotions these days. If you don't have the fan support, then you have nothing.

Amen.

With companies like PSW, and DaVE, if you're not careful then you'll start hemoraging money. To be honest, I made money straight out the gate but right now I'm hovering around $ 88,000. Which sounds good cause you start the game off at $ 100,000. However, for the last year and a half I've loss $ 62,000. My downfall has been bringing in some bigger names (El Demonio, Marat, Bryan Holmes, Harry Allen, etc.). However, for me, I knew I could hate the hit because I had made a good $ 50,000.

Sadly, my owner goals are coming to close with me being behind on two of them. Not sure what it will mean... Will try to give it a go to bring myself back up, but, there's always a chance of losing my position. Not really sure though? I'm not one to want to edit the game because I like to take things as they come.

I would say the Hardcore Product is the hardest to do. If you aren't "Hardcore" enough, the fans will crap on your matches, but if your matches suck, they crap on it too. Sometimes, if you watch the CZW botches, half the time the crowd is just there to chant, "YOU SCREWED UP!!! YOU SCREWED UP!!! YOU SCREWED UP!!!" On top of that, no one wants to sponsor you, TV and PPV stations don't want non-popular and controversial material.

Also, I don't find big names are a problem - the problem is the PPA aspect of the game. At the regional level, it's bearable because your other costs are low, and you can't really afford that big name stars anyway, but if you are a Hardcore promotion, with little sponsorship and a hard-to-please base... well...

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/Banners/Inferno.jpg

<hr color="black">

"The Rising Inferno"

Monday, 4th Week of August 2009

Run-Time: 1 HOUR 30 MINS

PSW Event #18

<hr color="black">

Brutus Roach vs. Madman Boone

Mr. Morgan vs. Nigel Svensson

Frankie Future & Johnny Martin © vs. "The Ring Generals" w/ Nicole Kiss

[PSW Tag Team Championship Match]

Malietoa © vs. Harry Allen

[PSW National Championship Match]

[PSW "Blood Loss" Match (i.e. Last Man Standing)]

[if Allen loses, He is gone from PSW for good]

Marat Khoklov © vs. Lead Belly vs. El Demonio Volador

[PSW Championship Match]

[Flaming Tables Match]

The event that gave you the burning of KILLER Colossus one year ago is now back for a second go around. Quite possibly, The most hanious, most grotesque, event in U.S. Pro Wrestling History delivers once again with a Main Event, three-way flaming tables match, for the PSW Championship. Can El Demonio Volador find it within himself to comeback from his, almost, career-ending injury last month to not only win the PSW Championship but to gain revenge upon the towering monster? Will Grease Hogg help his fellow rider walk away with the Title or is their potential split coming to a reality? OR Will the "Unknown Figure's" vicious creature come away with, yet another, dominating victory?

Also, Can Harry Allen, like El Demonio Volador, physically make a comeback following his life-altering attack from Marat Khoklov last month? He has an opportunity to regain his PSW National Championship, however, by decree of the "Unknown Figure", If Harry loses... He's out of PSW for good.

All of this, and so much more, a few weeks from now in August of 2009...

"Thoughts of Greed":

Even with the fact that he's thousands upon thousands of miles away, personally exiled in Canada, Mitch Naess still wants to govern the company with an "Iron Fist" in a way. I guess I can't blame him totally as he IS STILL the owner of Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling... However, his recent rash of haulting specific contract negotiations has left him with a major problem. How can we survive if we're unable to keep those who mean the most to this company? Then again.... Maybe.... He doesn't want PSW to survive... If he can't be their beloved leader.... Then.... No one will?

<hr color="black">

"The Rising Inferno" Quick Picks

Frankie Future & Johnny Martin © vs. "The Ring Generals"

Sadly, my owner goals are coming to close with me being behind on two of them. Not sure what it will mean... Will try to give it a go to bring myself back up, but, there's always a chance of losing my position. Not really sure though? I'm not one to want to edit the game because I like to take things as they come.

Why are you playing a diary with owner goals? To me that kind of holds you back and you are not free to play the game how you see fit. The only time I play with TEW08 owner goals on is when I am working on a mod and I want to see what crap the owner wants the players to do. Other then that I never play with owner goals, it just takes away the fun for me.

Onto my picks:

Mr. Morgan should be able to take care of the new guy.

Frankie Future & Johnny Martin © vs. "The Ring Generals" w/ Nicole Kiss

[PSW Tag Team Championship Match]

Well the Ring Generals did just win the titles so I really can not see them losing this quickly.

[PSW National Championship Match]

[PSW "Blood Loss" Match (i.e. Last Man Standing)]

[if Allen loses, He is gone from PSW for good]

This is a tough one, Harry Allen might be one of the guys that is going to stick by NYCW. If that is the case then he is going to lose. Also, it does not make sense to have Malietoa lose the belt quickly. I mean what would have been the point of him winning? Unless he had a stip in his contract saying that he must win a low level or higher title. Or maybe I am overthinking this whole thing!:D

[PSW Championship Match]

[Flaming Tables Match]

No real thoughts on this I think the champion will retain.

Why are you playing a diary with owner goals? To me that kind of holds you back and you are not free to play the game how you see fit. The only time I play with TEW08 owner goals on is when I am working on a mod and I want to see what crap the owner wants the players to do. Other then that I never play with owner goals, it just takes away the fun for me.

I could see that. It would make writing a diary a lot easier, however, I'm one that likes the difficult of owner goals even in a diary stand-point. That way it doesn't seem like I'm booking in a vacuum. I have goals, pre-set things that I need to do and if for some reason.. I can't do it... Then maybe I should be looking elsewhere.

I think I should be fine as it pertains to keeping my job but if for some reason i can't... Then I guess it just pushes me to either A) take some time off or B) create a new diary at some point.

Thus far, though, I'm doing well enough to keep things afloat. I'm just someone who loves change/evolution, or making it hard on myself i guess. hah, so getting let go is always a possibility.

I could see that. It would make writing a diary a lot easier, however, I'm one that likes the difficult of owner goals even in a diary stand-point. That way it doesn't seem like I'm booking in a vacuum. I have goals, pre-set things that I need to do and if for some reason.. I can't do it... Then maybe I should be looking elsewhere.

I think I should be fine as it pertains to keeping my job but if for some reason i can't... Then I guess it just pushes me to either A) take some time off or B) create a new diary at some point.

Thus far, though, I'm doing well enough to keep things afloat. I'm just someone who loves change/evolution, or making it hard on myself i guess. hah, so getting let go is always a possibility.

I see your point, I am more of a sanbox person I guess. That is why I hate the repetitive booking thing. I want to book Jack Bruce vs. Joe Sexy on every show for ten months straight! Hey Vince has done it with Orton vs. Cena!:D

Maybe I am also a bit selfish as well. I really like this diary and for it to possibly be taken away because of owner's goals just sucks. So I just hope that you can meet your goals so that you can keep on writing this diary!

I see your point, I am more of a sanbox person I guess. That is why I hate the repetitive booking thing. I want to book Jack Bruce vs. Joe Sexy on every show for ten months straight! Hey Vince has done it with Orton vs. Cena!:D

Maybe I am also a bit selfish as well. I really like this diary and for it to possibly be taken away because of owner's goals just sucks. So I just hope that you can meet your goals so that you can keep on writing this diary!

Yea, I def. understand what you're saying with the match traps. Then again, I like how it forces me to keep things fresh. Plus, you can still go past the 3 match situation... You just have to have a great deal of luck that they end up putting together an amazing match so it doesn't fall in ratings. Overall, though, there are sometimes where it feels like you can't really tell the story of a feud in 3 matches.

As for this diary, I'm really happy to have surpassed the 20,000 views mark. That was a big goal of mine as I came up over 10,000. Granted, most people who hit this mark have far less posts than I do... So I'm not sure what that really means? Maybe I just have my core readers and not many passer by's. who knows. All in all, I've been having a lot of fun with this thing. A lot of things are bound to change coming up here due to contract problems, NYCW stealing some of my talent, and the development of the "Unknown Figure"/"Kingdom" storyline. Needless to say, There's a lot there to keep things interesting (at least for me).

I'm going to do my best to see to it that Mitch Naess doesn't fire me due to not carrying out his goals. I'm pretty sure I can make it happen since it's not like I'm far away from finishing either. Just need to make sure that things go according to plan and I should be fine.

The only problem I'm having, motivation wise, with PSW is the fact that I'm only able to run an event a month financially. It would be amazing to be able to venture into TV, PPV, or even just doing a few more events... But, My popularity isn't good enough to warrant those things and financially I would probably tear PSW apart by trying to do more than one event (most likely hurting my chances to succeed with Naess's demands).

So, If there were anywhere where I was starting to feel a little "meh", that would be it. To be honest.

Other than that, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that this diary keeps its legs.

<hr color="Black">SIDE NOTE: Thank you to everyone who left behind predictions thus far for "The Rising Inferno". There will be some backstory posts, both from Greed's perspective and through TotalExtremeWrestling.com, going forward before the show is posted. I plan on booking the show sometime tonight or tomorrow and then starting the write up sometime at the end of this weekend. Either way, there will be a slew of stories popping up along the way that may help with insight as to what could potentially happen at this month's event... not to mention... stories that will, hopefully, generate some more craziness as the show is bound to be a chaotic one.

Man I hope Mitch doesn't can you. it would suck if you ended this thing.

Trevor.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/Logos/PSWdotcom-1.jpg

Video shown on PSW.com

August 2009

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/Banners/FleeorSuffer.jpg

[The sound of an army of flapping wings are heard gradually growing louder and louder as your screen is completely black. The noise escalates to a fevered pitch until everything goes completely silent.]

[Now, the sound of muffled radio airwaves crossing in between one another projects itself through your computer's speakers. A few seconds of this goes by until one voice starts to peer above the rest... That voice starts out as a low, underlying, noise until said voice encompasses all other noise around it... Finally leaving nothing but the mysterious news anchor, Orrick Cull, to be heard.]

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/Wrestlers/Voice.jpg

"The Mediated Voice of the Overthrow"

Orrick Cull: Little is known as to why the "Unknown Figure" has chosen the "Steel City" as the site of the Devil's Playground... However, one thing is for sure, Anti-Christ or not, This man will not rest until "The Ministry" becomes his permanent Kingdom...

CLICK TO ADD TO THE MOMENT!!!

[A black screen shows once again as the slight trickle of blood begins to roll down your computer screen... Then more blood... Until it's finally flowing like a waterfall... A grotesque... Demonic-like vision.]

[in the end, "The Unknown Figure's" signature low, raspy, unsettling, voice peers through your speakers... Leaving one final message as the waterfall of blood rages on before your very eyes.]

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/KO.jpg

His Kingdom Cometh

"The Unknown Figure:" I WILL NOT REST... I WILL NOT YIELD... I WILL NOT END THE CALL FOR VIOLENCE UNTIL MY HANDS ARE GRIPPED AROUND THE THROAT OF PITTSBURGH STEEL WRESTLING! [Demonic like laughter] For those who stand in my path... I will CRUSH YOU in my wake...

[Just like that... BAM... Complete and utter silence. Your screen, now back to a black background, slightly flashes the PSW logo just in time for the video to time out.]

<hr color="black">

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/Banners/news.jpg

NEWS: Mass Exodus to cripple Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling?

2nd Week of August 2009

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/Logos/PSW_alt2.jpg

PSW to crumble?

It appears that the war between NYCW and PSW is now taking a more drastic turn as several "big name stars" are planning on jumping ship from PSW to NYCW. In a few instances, Said wrestlers already work for both companies and are being forced to choose a side by NYCW owner, "Stomper". In the other case, however, PSW is set to lose one of the greatest individuals that they've ever held on their roster in a shocking jump.

On top of that, PSW is also set to lose another major star, not to NYCW, but due to a snag in contract negotiations. While this wrestler, and the others above, could not be named at this point... Our sources within the "Steel City" promotion claim that, once they are made public, it could potentially "cripple" PSW.

With the companies Main Event scene starting to fall apart due to a deadly raid by NYCW, as well as pressure being bestowed upon John Greed via PSW Owner Mitch Naess, ... How can PSW survive?

More to come...

<hr color="black">

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/Banners/news.jpg

NEWS: Mass Exodus to cripple Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling?

2nd Week of August 2009

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/TonyZobeck/Logos/PSW_alt2.jpg

PSW to crumble?

<hr color="black">

damn thats not good for PSW...these wrestling wars get ugly sometimes man.

damn thats not good for PSW...these wrestling wars get ugly sometimes man.

Yea, I never thought a war with NYCW would cause to be so damaging to PSW but in hindsight it may not have been a great idea to bring this all on. hah. Then again, as I've said before, I like my diaries to take on a life of their own... In this case, while it may not be "great" from an in-game perspective... It's amazing from a... How do I keep things fresh and new perspective? As the game is doing that for me. hah.

Things are drastically about to change... Like after Bryan Holmes retired change. Which, to some, may super suck since the main figures may be set to change. however, to me, I'm really excited about "picking up the pieces". Much like how ECW had to back in the day when WCW raided their talent... PSW will, too, find a way to survive!

Archived