Sound advice and tips based on all promotion sizes - whats best to do at what size?

hey, just thought that as people, myself included :p often post questions and discussions etc... about help/advice for people just struggling in cult, or how to get up to national, what to do, how to do it, helpful suggestions etc... I thought maybe something where it could all be accessed from one thread may be helpful?

I know a lot of people don't like spoilers, or to be walked through the game, but a lot of us know what its like to worry your game is about to be ruined because your struggling having just moved up or down a promotion size, so I thought this may be handy?

Links to previous discussions and questions welcome. If you want to include so called spoilers do, or if you just feel helpful today and want to point people in the right direction and share your good ideas and knowledge do!:)

Regional to Cult

awesome idea. like it. (you stole it off me! i'm sure i mentioned it sumwhere!):rolleyes:

Ok, I'm not going to post anything too extensive here, and I'm sure a lot of you already know this, but for those that don't I'll get the ball rolling on moving from Regional to Cult, and anyone who wants to add stuff feel free:

Costs are nice and low at regional (compared to Cult), but if that TV deal doesn't include ad revenue, and thats hurting you finacially, its not worth keeping just for the extra exposure to help spped things along to get you to cult. You're better off (in my experience) doing good house shows once a week and building a to a PPV once or twice a month. The PPV should give you some national exposure, and you can always move round your areas doing the house shows.

That being said, make sure you're very strong in one area when you make the transition to cult, as once you reach cult you'll need to be pop in that one area as its said to be best to run all your shows in one area and one area only at the beginning of cult.

A handy one for going from cult to national is try to use/push workers a lot that can't be stolen onto written contracts by the National feds. For instance in USPW nicky champion won't leave and neither will Bruce as long as you keep them below a certain pop when you need to renegotiate their contract. Pueto Rican Power and Shawn Gonzalez and Alex Braun and Mitch Naess can also be very useful.

Pretty much anyone with a Booker/Owner position or loyalty/protege to the owner are very handy.

Costs are nice and low at regional (compared to Cult), but if that TV deal doesn't include ad revenue, and thats hurting you finacially, its not worth keeping just for the extra exposure to help spped things along to get you to cult.

How do you know if the TV deal includes ad revenue

In general if you follow the official tip thread and the small questions that don't deserve their own thread advice you are pretty much set.

The only difficult stages are when you have just hitten cult from regional, to solve this make sure you have at least a C and preferbly C+ popularity in your home region before hitting cult.

Getting from cult to National, like I said push guys who won't leave your fed and or put up protection with the National feds. And be patient as its a long grind.

Staying National and above: Put out good shows! Which when starting with the big guns can be tricky but if you survuve the first 6 months you will be fine.

Archived