TCW: A Quiet Retirement

Show Notes:

• One of these days I'll work out what the magic combo is to make Battle Royals into A* potentials.
  • Yes, Art Reed has that kind of athleticism. Come to that, Sean McFly's learned how to talk tolerably well, hence his promo.
  • About two game months ago someone mentioned the number of points where the legal man rules got weird. And yes, the lucha libre build has been going since then.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
•About two game months ago someone mentioned the number of points where the legal man rules got weird. And yes, the lucha libre build has been going since then.

Hi.

Having now read the show...

Aside from ruining the main event by having the wrong winner, it's a solid show, I think. Very nice rating from the ladies, as well.

:( Figured as the main event went on that we were headed for a Reed win... but I guess he just doesn't have the promo skills to carry a World title run.

I like Matt Keith's wavering reliance on the mist. Sometimes yes, sometimes no... I just hope we get the payoff by the end of the diary. Greg vs. Matt?

As for Zimmy... and Tito... and Emma... I'm beginning to wonder how much overlap there is between our games, PS :D

Great show, as always.

:( Figured as the main event went on that we were headed for a Reed win... but I guess he just doesn't have the promo skills to carry a World title run.

I like Matt Keith's wavering reliance on the mist. Sometimes yes, sometimes no... I just hope we get the payoff by the end of the diary. Greg vs. Matt?

As for Zimmy... and Tito... and Emma... I'm beginning to wonder how much overlap there is between our games, PS :D

Great show, as always.

That main event finish wasn't exactly conclusive, I've got to say. Stay tuned, because there's more coming from that... And Reed's skills are actually pretty strong these days. Stand next to Sam Keith and the Blonde Bombshell for long enough and you'll learn. (Mind you, she wasn't all that good to start).

2009 has been, for TCW, a year overshadowed by three long-term storylines. The Keith family saga is one, of course...

As for Zimmy and Easy E, well, I steal from wherever, as I've noted before, and I think we *both* steal heavily from the C-verse canon as well.

I think it was you who suggested a return to the Horatio interview segments, and a while back, I started writing the Zimmy one. There'll be some clues to things going on in this one, as the month unfolds. And don't worry, they won't all be this long...

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/tcwbadge2.jpg

TCW Presents Badge of Honor

Friday Week 1 October 2009

Live on GNN Total Sports (Rating 1.31)

Held at the President's Hall (Puerto Rico)

Attendance: 3,196

Announcers:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SteveSmith_alt1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SaraSilver_alt1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/AutumnGleeson.jpg

Steve Smith – Sara Silver – Autumn Gleeson

• As the show opens, Art Reed shows strong recovery from Tuesday's red mist as he defeated Ian Harris, making him tap after a great match. (Rating: B+)
  • In something of an upset, Tooth and Claw return to defeat Acid Dragon, Lobo Blanco catching UK Dragon in a magistral for the pin. (Rating: B-)
  • Eric Tyler comes to the ring with Freddy Huggins and Jaime Quine in tow. He berates Acid Dragon for losing to Tooth & Claw, warning them that their game has to improve. The camera catches Thunder Snake watching from the entrance, his mask impassive.
  • The six-woman tag that follows includes Jaime Quine, teamed with Lauren Easter and Zoe Ammis against JeriLynn Stone, Kate Dangerous and Shiori Jippensha. The match is ruled a double-disqualification after the girls from the recent critique videos run in, leaving Stone and Easter lying and fighting their way clear back to back. (Rating: C+)
  • Elimination Protocol's scheduled match with the Young Guns never happens, as the Enforcers intercept them on their way to the ring and beat them down. While Rick Law runs to the rescue, the damage is done and Protocol officially chalk up their first TCW win by count-out.
  • Mikey James, smarting after catching a Squad Car Slam, is effortlessly disposed of by Rhino Umaga, who pins him after a Rhino Charge in the corner. (Rating: C)
  • Umaga's cousin Giant Tana takes on Jack Bruce, with Troy Tornado on commentary. Tornado is again surprised by how fairly Bruce plays it, and while he can't get Tana doubled-over for the New York Minute, he does eventually pin the Samoan after countering a Samoan drop into a DDT. (Rating: B)
  • Wolf Hawkins makes a statement by video, recovering at home. He acknowledges the number that Sean McFly did on his ankle, but says that despite that, he'll be happy to put Tornado's challenge down – and would be even more happy to pin Art Reed after their iron man match a couple of months ago. He makes a point of saying that for the first time, he's not going to ask Cornell for a match this month, as he doesn't want Cornell to have the excuse of Hawkins' injury.
  • In the main event, the Elite Express pull out a win over the New Wave, after Bobby Thomas intercepts Scout when he loads up his hand under cover of his wool cap, using what turn out to be knuckledusters on Scout before setting up a Precision Driller on Guide. (Rating: B+)

Show Rating: B+

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TCW2-1.jpg

A packed Saturday rounds off the first wrestling week of October as we're looking at major match after major match. Let's get to it - there's no time to waste here!

Darkwave's contendership bid remains unresolved after a time limit draw. They're going to be looking to make a powerful argument for the championship opportunity in our opening match as they take on two-time champions in the Machines.

Up after that, their rivals on Tuesday will also be active, as the Texas Outlaws take on Eternal Party, the irregular duo of Edd Stone and Champagne Lover. Which team can make the bigger statement? Against this caliber of opposition, will either team fall?

Danny Fonzarelli makes his next bid for a win to justify his new contract, and his opponent in doing so remains formidable; Tyson Baine is not a man many would willingly cross.

The Shooter takes on the Marksman next, as Sean Deeley is set to oppose - and probably put on a classic with - Elimination Protocol man Kirk Jameson. Jameson, of course, is hot off his first TCW 'win'.

In the semi-main and main event, tag team action will feature the final eliminated and winner of Tuesday's battle royale. First, the Kreed take on the unusual duo of Joey Minnesota and Matthew Keith, as the master of the mist and Phil Vibert's hand-picked upholder of DaVE's legacy look to make a statement against the former tag team champions.

And next, GenOme will face off with Troy Tornado and the man who agreed to be his tag team partner one more time, the formidable Sean McFly.

Prediction Key:

Darkwave vs. Machines

Eternal Party vs. Texas Outlaws w/ Floyd Bowman

Danny Fonzarelli vs. Tyson Baine

Kirk Jameson vs. Sean Deeley w/ Laura Huggins

Kreed w/ Blonde Bombshell vs. Joey Minnesota & Matthew Keith w/ Phil Vibert

GenOme w/ Phil Vibert vs. Sean McFly & Troy Tornado

Darkwave vs. Machines

Could go either way but I still see Machines as stronger tag team.

Not sure which two Outlaws will be in the match but with RDJ and Faith it´s hard to see them losing even though Eternal Party is rather tough opponents.

Neither guy haven´t done anything for a while so nice to see one of them getting a win for a change. I go with Baine as monster heel is always monster heel.

Jameson is still jobbing while Deeley has alreasy paid his dues.

Could go either way, in fact I can´t decide so I go with draw.

Tornado is going to challenge Wolf so he should go over against the two least important members of Gen Omega.

Darkwave vs. Machines

Could go either way as Zergon said, but I'm going to pick with my heart here and choose the Machines, because it's almost like this team that was one of the foundations of TCW before the expansion into becoming a mega promotion, with more talent that it truly needs are sort of becoming a faint afterthought. If they aren't ever going to break out as singles, I'd like to see them stay relevant as a threat in the tag division.

Could go either way again...I'm actually going to say the rough and tough veterans get outmanouvered here and Eternal Party sneak the win.

These two really are a case of extreme talent hoarding arent they :p A never will be, against a past his prime monster heel....I'll take the past his prime monster heel here, because at least he's done stuff of note in TCW.

A count out win due to unwanted inteference, isn't really a win is it, so Jameson has no chance of winning here...Deeley's sort of bubbling away as a potential future main eventer- though given the competition at the top 'solid upper midcarder' may be in his future more (in other words he's the next John Anderson/Brent Hill)

Matt Keith uses the mist- but this time it backfires and Kreed grab the win....

McFly's the recent world title challenger but is always going to be in and around the title picture, and Tornado is the next challenger after winning the battle royal- better to keep those guys looking strong than the weakest links (right now) of Generation Omega.

Darkwave vs. Machines

Darkwave vs. Machines

Darkwave have a programme, the Machines are criminally underused.

Because they're awesome, that's why.

Who's the bigger jobber? Is Fonzie due a revival? Well, it's worth a gamble!

Another gamble - someone nobbles Deeley!

Can Minnesota and Keith co-exist? Not as well as the Kreed.

It would take a lot to job the number one contender.

Darkwave vs. Machines

Darkwave vs. Machines

Finally caught up to the present day. That was a lot of reading (let's just say, when I started, there were two World Heavyweight Champions). Brilliance on every show.

And I'm not sure who I marked out harder for on debut: Christian Faith or JeriLynn Stone.

Finally caught up to the present day. That was a lot of reading (let's just say, when I started, there were two World Heavyweight Champions). Brilliance on every show.

And I'm not sure who I marked out harder for on debut: Christian Faith or JeriLynn Stone.

Welcome aboard, and welcome back, and thanks for the kind words.

...As a side note, folks, having now simmed Showcase - this one is going to take me a while. Bear with.

Darkwave vs. Machines

Darkwave is a distinctly second-tier team, though.

Outlaws are clearly getting a push.

Clearly one of the many A* matches.

I can imagine a need to make Deeley look strong... I cannot conceive of a set of circumstances where making Kirk Jameson look strong was on the agenda.

To split the final 2. Anyway, Greg is clearly the weakest man in this.

Why are the heels in the main weaker than the heels in the semi-main? I don't care -- all I know is, two of the top three faces in the company are not losing to the no. 5 and 6 guys in their own stable. And on a side note, DWN promised to make a singles run, didn't he? Seems like that would have to kick off soon to give him a chance to live up to his boast...

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TCW2.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg

TCW Presents Saturday Night Showcase

Saturday Week 1 September 2009

Live on CBA (Rating 13.97)

Rebroadcast on Euro Cable Sports 1 (Rating 0.16)

Held at the Kettley Arena (Mid South)

Attendance: 24,379

Announcers:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/DuaneFry_alt1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JasmineSaunders.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Seduction.jpg

Duane Fry – Jasmine Saunders – Alanis Springsteen

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SammyBach_alt1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ZimmyBumfhole_alt1.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/BrentHill.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/HumanArsenal.jpg

Darkwave vs. Machines

As the match begins, Sammy Bach stares down John Anderson in the centre of the ring. The two circle carefully for a moment, then, impulsively, the Darkwave man lunges forward, decking Anderson with a clothesline that's surprisingly impactful for the flier's size.

Recovering, Anderson slips under the middle rope to the outside. Bach turns to face the Machines' corner and eats a dropkick from Hill for his trouble, before Brent bounces to his feet and, like a house on fire, wheels around to knock Zimmy off his perch with a right hook.

Looking at Sammy on the mat, Brent drops an elbow before going to the top turnbuckle – where Bach springs up to join him, looking for a quick top-rope slam; Hill manages to land on his feet, wheels, and hits a palm strike to stun Bach before hopping up onto the second rope to come down with a superplex.

On the outside, Anderson rolls in Zimmy; Brent grabs the top rope and shoves Bach out of the ring with his foot, before turning around. Anderson and Zimmy are exchanging chops at one side of the ring; Hill cuts Zimmy off, then whips him to the far ropes before diving to the floor. Zimmy concentrates on hurdling him – and consequently misses Anderson setting up for a massive lariat.

As Darkwave's drummer regains his feet, Brent nails him with a superkick – Anderson then follows with a brainbuster, as Brent returns to his corner.

John makes the cover – one, two – Sammy pulls him clear, then dropkicks him over the top rope. In comes Brent again – exchange of chops – one-two punch from Sammy – vertical leap huracanrana – Hill counters – pin by Hill! ONE, TWO, NO!

Furious, Sammy nails Hill with a short kick, then a DDT. He whips Brent into the Darkwave corner, following up with a charging shoulder strike to the gut, backing out two paces, and swinging a big kick for Brent's head before tagging out.

Zimmy vaults over the top rope, using a hold of the rope to control his motion and slam feet-first into Hill's midsection, which Zimmy uses as fuel to roll back into a judo flip.

Brent hits hard, centre of the ring, but rolls clear of a charging lariat from Zimmy – and he dives out of the ring.

Anderson, meanwhile, nails Zimmy as he comes too close with a straight right, then climbs in and whips Zimmy into the ropes. A backdrop is followed by a spinebuster as the former Human Arsenal looks to demonstrate control. He drags Zimmy back up and hits a snap suplex before setting up for the Ammo Dump -

Sammy cuts him off with a flying dropkick. He sends Anderson crashing into the ringpost before beckoning Hill in, and when Brent comes in Bach outwrestles him and looks for the Bach on your Back. He gets it locked in – John is still recovering – after twenty seconds, Sparrow checks Brent's arm.

It falls once-

- twice -

Anderson breaks it up with a legdrop, then whips Sammy into Zimmy where he waits on the corner. Both men spill out. From the apron, the Human Arsenal takes a running start and splashes them both, bringing Zimmy back into the ring. He ducks a superkick and nails one of his own.

A German suplex follows – ONE, TWO, THR- NO!

Zimmy stops Anderson's punch and pops up into a dropkick; John rolls out of the ring and Brent comes in, grabbing Zimmy with a running neckbreaker. To the top rope he goes – Bach looks to interrupt – LEAPING SIT-OUT POWERBOMB FROM THE TOP ROPE!

Bach lands on Zimmy's prone form, and all three men are clearly out of it. Anderson grabs Brent's hand and drags his partner out of the ring, sliding in himself. He picks up Bach – sets for the Ammo Dump – nails it – Hill comes soaring off the top turnbuckle with the King of the Hill! ONE, TWO, THREE!

Machines defeated Darkwave

Rating: A*

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/totalbanner.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/LobsterWarrior_PS.jpg

The camera goes backstage, and Chris Rockwell is peering around a corner in the corridor. He nods to himself, seemingly satisfied, and glances over his shoulder. “Not that I'm happy about you being here,” he tells the camera, “but if you want to make sure you have this on record, well, I guess I don't care enough to object.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JungleJack_alt1.jpg

He waits maybe another five or ten seconds, then steps out – right into the path of Jack Marlowe.

Marlowe comes to a halt. After a moment, a sneer crawls over his face. “Problem, Chris?”

“No,” Rockwell returns, and a cruel smile crosses his own lips. “You really don't count.”

Marlowe's hands curl into fists, and he steps forward – and Rockwell is holding up a hand in warning.

“You've picked a fight with one of my friends,” he says. “I could make a guess why, but you know what – I don't care.

“Right now, you're ducking matches you don't need to. You come off all about the money but you're deliberately avoiding wrestling matches where you have a chance to pick up a win bonus.

“Looks to me like you're trying to get him mad. How am I doing?”

Marlowe smiles slightly.

“Right, well... here's your problem. You need to stop doing that and just see about bringing this thing to a head.

“You see, your problem is that Rick Law is a good man. It takes a long, long time to get him angry.”

“So?”

“I'm not. I'm going to get mad with you well ahead of time – and you're going to get cut off from whatever the hell it is you want with him.”

Marlowe rolls his eyes. “You know, I have backup.”

“Look behind you.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/RockyGolden_PS2.jpg

Marlowe does so, and the camera pans to reveal Rocky Golden stood behind him, arms folded.

“I'm not that good a man either.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/StephanieWade.jpg

“I'm no kind of man at all, personally, but if I was, I wouldn't be good.” Stephanie Wade emerges from another angle, taping her fists.

Rockwell takes over again. “Your hired guns are good. Real good. But if you continue doing what you're doing to my friend, we will bury you. Sort this out the way wrestlers are supposed to.

“After that, do what the hell you want to whoever the hell you want. I don't care. But my friends are my business, and you will not screw with them.

“Whatever you want him to put on the line, make the challenge. Spell it out and stop *****ing around, for God's sake. You've got til Crunch Time to get this settled, or we'll settle this for you. Am I clear?”

“Crystal,” Marlowe says calmly.

Rockwell nods. “Good,” he says, and the trio depart.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ChampagneLover.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/EddStone_alt6.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ChristianFaith.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TexasHangman.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/FloydBowman_jhd2.jpg

A slightly different Outlaws lineup, but an effective one – and this match gives even more of a clear indication than the Three Kings outings did, as Fry points out, that Texas Pete has modelled his style since his return on the fast, heavy-hitting match strategy of Christian Faith; there are points there where it's like watching the same competitor at two different ages.

Of course, that's kind of a rarity in the match; Pete is still developing, by conscious effort, the kind of instinctive understanding that Christian Faith has always demonstrated, and against the idiosyncratic mind games of Edd Stone and the sheer agility and tactical flexibility of Champagne Lover, this is far from an easy match to deal with.

Nonetheless, the Outlaws have courage. They have spirit. And Christian Faith, in particular, will not stay down. With Lover toppled when an attempted Tornado DDT puts him in the right position for Pete to sink him with a Lone Star Drop, Faith traps Edd in the corner. Four Faith Hammers are followed by a massive Leap of Faith, and just like that, Christian Faith picks up his victory.

Texas Outlaws defeated Eternal Party

Rating: B+

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ChristianFaith.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TexasHangman.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/FloydBowman_jhd2.jpg

Floyd Bowman has already collected the microphone. Entering the ring, he glad-hands with Pete and Faith, a broad smile on his face.

“And that sort of thing, ladies and gentlemen, is why I have ****in' faith in the Texas ****in' Outlaws. I'm ****in' right, aren't I?”

He grins, looking around, soaking in the crowd support. “You're right,” he nods. “These two and Ricky are the ****in' ****, and I could not ask for three better guys to represent the ****in' Outlaws in a new century.

“Now, then... we've got a bit of a situation here.

“Far as I see it, it goes like this. Darkwave are pretty ****in' good; ****, they held us to a draw Tuesday. And that was with contendership on the ****in' line, so that's not exactly pissing in the wind, you get me? But today... today the Machines handed them their asses. And, ****, the team we beat had the International ****in' champ on it – and a ****in' Stone at that!

“Worst the Outlaws ever had to deal with in my day was a DeColt... not that they ain't ****in' deadly in DeColt Country. But we were in Texas.

“Either way, this time, we're one ****in' win up on Darkwave. And they're ****in' one loss down on us, and the way I see it, that puts us well up ahead, you get me?”

He grins. “So far as I'm concerned, come Crunch time, we're the contenders. And there you go, Midden, I just ****in' solved one of your contendership problems in one ****in' stroke.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/DannyFonzarelli_FIN3.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TysonBaine.jpg

Danny Fonzarelli hasn't had a win since his contract renegotiation, and Tyson Baine, while he's been floundering, still has a positive win-loss record, mostly facing off with the smaller members of the roster, taking on the occasional challenges.

Probably the biggest moment in the match, it has to be said, is the moment where Fonzie blocks Baine's punch, then goes for the Hades Bomb. Baine actually comes off the mat, but with his size, Fonzie can't quite get him high enough to hit a major impact – and the big man recovers, rallying to plant Fonzie with a Hades Bomb of his own.

Tyson Baine defeated Danny Fonzarelli

Rating: B-

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/CanadianElemental.jpg

“Hey! Elemental!”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ShooterSeanDeeley.jpg

The masked marvel, dressed in full business suit below the mask, turns around as Sean Deeley hustles up to him in his usual gymwear.

“Hey,” Deeley smiles. “Listen, man, I hate to presume on a history you're, you know...” He gestures up and down at his face, indicating the mask, “...not really acknowledging right now. Which, hell, if I had the kind of honour you've been given -”

“You know me,” Elemental interrupts, his tone quiet and measured. “I know you. What of it?”

“I want the International championship,” Deeley says. “I'll settle for you holding it – you at least respect the sport. But that title needs to be with someone who isn't just holding it to be an *******, you know?”

Elemental's lips quirk in a smile. The masked man nods.

“I'm looking to win it myself, Sean,” he says. “Knowing you back in Canada doesn't change that.

“But that doesn't mean you can't chase the belt too. The more people he's trying to trick, the harder he'll have it.”

Deeley smiles. “Just making sure I'm not jumping the queue. 'Scuse me – I have a match.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/KirkJameson.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ShooterSeanDeeley.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/LauraCatherineHuggins.jpg

And the former amateur champion makes a good case here for his bid for the International Championship; the match may be a close one in places, but Deeley has the upper hand at the end of each exchange.

After a while, with the upper hand securely in place, Deeley delivers a series of armwrenches culminating in a takedown and the Sure Shot armbar, forcing the Elimination Protocol man to tap out.

Sean Deeley defeated Kirk Jameson

Rating: B

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TommyCornell_alt1jt.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/AaronAndrews-1.jpg

“...glad you were on hand,” Tommy Cornell is saying to Aaron Andrews as the camera goes back to the cafeteria area, both men sitting hunched over their cups of coffee. Andrews also has a beer bottle lined up.

“Yeah, well... couldn't let Joey get the win without earning it,” he smiles. “Anyway, I-”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Remo.jpg

“Figured to find you here, boss man,” Remo says, walking into shot. Aaron starts up, turning to face him and rising, fists clenching.

Remo grins. “What'samatter, kid?”

“Well, he did stop you cheating your way into a hundred grand, sunbeam,” Cornell speaks up.

The big man flaps a hand. “Don't matter. Maybe you moved your way a couple places up the list. But – International champ? You were already on my list, kid.

“I'm here for your buddy. We ain't finished, boss man.”

“I thought you'd feel that way,” Cornell says levelly.

“And you was right. Don't make any dates for Crunch Time. You don't wanna have to cancel.”

He grins, then looks back to Andrews. “You know, kid, I'll hand it to you. You've got balls.

“You're on the list, like I say. You want to get in my way, you do that. Boost you up the list.

“When you get what you got coming don't matter to Remo.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ArtReed.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/GregGauge-1.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/BlondeBombshell.jpg

Kreed w/ Blonde Bombshell

vs.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JoeyMinnesota.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/MatthewKeith.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/PhilVibert.jpg

Joey Minnesota & Matthew Keith w/ Phil Vibert

The bell rings as Art Reed stares down the man he replaced as Tag Team Champion. Matthew Keith comes in fast, looking for a lockup, and Reed sidesteps, grabbing Matt's outstretched arm and clamping him into a wristlock.

Reed and Matthew trade wristlocks. Art twists and turns, carefully, before fluidly shifting out to escape, and promptly leaps up to nail a standing dropkick. He tags in Greg, who comes in over the top rope to hit a slingshot senton.

Matt elbows his way out of trouble and drops his brother in turn with a strong punch, before moving back to tag in his own partner.

Minnesota comes in with a roaring elbow. Greg rolls clear after the impact and bounces back to his feet, appealing to the crowd in order to taunt Minnesota.

Joey closes in and Greg gets a double-leg before grabbing a hammerlock to fire knees into Minnesota's exposed back.

“I think Bloodstone's rubbing off on him,” Fry mentions casually, as Greg transitions into a grounded full nelson. He braces his feet on the mat carefully, leaning forward to stress the neck, before his brother blasts hhim in the face with a hard kick. The hold is pretty conclusively broken.

Joey rakes Greg’s eyes and Matthew follows up with a hot shot. Joey leaves the ring as Matt stomps away at his brother, backing off to get a run-up for a baseball-slide DDT he's recently added to his arsenal – but his brother has it scouted, immediately rolling his shoulders into a full twist to convert it to something very similar to a neckbreaker.

That's when Joey comes in with a charge, but Greg ducks a swing, hits a stiff kick to Joey's gut, and, as both his opponents charge at once, Greg drops to one knee – then rises up again, sending both men flying over the top rope with a backdrop.

Art is calling for the tag, and his partner brings him in with a wide, confident grin – by soaring from the second rope outward in a wide dive on his brother.

Reed slithers out of the ring after them, cutting off an attack from Minnesota and nailing a spinebuster as the brawl continues. A tandem DDT plants Matt, and Joey's then sent crashing into him with a double-team suplex.

Art rolls Joey into the ring again, springing on the balls of his feet as Joey recovers, and rushes in with a roaring elbow – but Joey ducks it! He kicks Art in the back of the head then nails a back suplex. A quick cover – one, two – and Reed kicks out.

He ducks a clothesline and comes back with three chops and a snap suplex, then makes a tag. Greg enters the ring – but Matthew immediately blindsides him, tossing him out of the ring. Joey goes for Art, who ducks the punch with the splits, shoulderblocks Matt to the floor, and flips off the second rope to nail an inverted DDT on Minnesota.

He goes for a cover, but Joey rolls him over in one of his own – one, two, th- Reed reverses the cover – one, two, thr- counter by Minnesota – ONE, TWO, THR- counter by Reed – ONE, TWO, THRE- Joey kicks out and rolls clear.

Matt promptly goes for the Neutron Plex, but Reed blocks it, elbows out, and snapmares his opponent down in front of him. Joey rises to his feet – and Greg nails him with a top rope dropkick!

The two brothers collide at a charge, spilling out of the ring. Reed turns to face his opponent and bursts into a smile – then he nails the Dark Matter. The Dread Lock follows – and Joey struggles to counter, to break it...

Sam Keith's invention holds again, and in the end, Joey has to tap.

Kreed defeated Joey Minnesota & Matthew Keith

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/DavisWayneNewton-1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/FrankiePerez-1.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/PhilVibert.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SeanMcFly.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TroyTornado_nacht6.jpg

With the main event commencing, Davis steps into the ring for GenOme without the team discussing it. Across the ring, McFly and Tornado confer briefly before Troy Tornado steps between the ropes, staring the younger man down, bouncing slightly on the balls of his feet, flexing his wrists, as always continuing to move.

They close in and Newton looks to lock up, only to be met by a short jab from Tornado who scoops up his opponent and looks for a bodyslam. Davis slips down his back, looking for a chop block, only for Tornado to sidestep, grabbing Davis by the legs and hitting, of all things, a wheelbarrow suplex.

The two men roll back to their feet and face off again, Tornado smiling, and Newton smirks slightly. He closes in, feints for another lockup, and sweeps the Painful Procedure frontman's legs out from under him. An elbow drop leads to an armlock, and Newton has to roll forward and twist to get clear.

Another break, and Davis tries a new tack; a boot to the gut, and he whips Tornado into the GenOme corner, following him in with a charging dropkick before leaving the ring to bring Perez in in his turn.

Frankie peppers Troy with kicks, wearing him down, and steps up onto the second rope for a jumping kick to the head – but Tornado rolls under him, getting clear, and dives for the tag.

Sean comes in fast, throwing lefts and rights before launching Perez into the air with a judo flip; the talented youngster lands on his feet, though, and nearly takes McFly's head off with a kick; just as he did against Frankie Dee on Tuesday, however, he gets a hand in the way, taking some of the brunt.

Perez vaults up onto the top rope for an Arabian moonsault – cover – one, two – no! McFly gets a foot to the ropes, forcing Sam Sparrow to break the pin. Frankie promptly grabs a headlock for a few seconds, his eyes flashing around the ring, evidently trying to plan out a strategy against the American Tiger.

He starts to lead McFly toward his corner, looking to control positioning as he goes for the tag, but Sean twists loose – and Perez rolls with the motion, converting it into a neckbreaker. He drops a knee across McFly's throat, then rolls back to his corner, reaching out behind him with confident assurance, expecting an immediate tag.

After about three seconds, Newton tags in, a slight look of irritation on his face. He closes on McFly, fakes a double-leg attempt, then vaults up. Huracanrana! ONE, TWO, NO!

A swift Mafia kick by McFly stops that momentum dead. He pulls Davis up and whips him to the ropes, calling for an armdrag, but the so called 'Triple Threat' soars off the ropes with a big shoulder block, then scrambles for a grounded side headlock and rains punches down on his head.

Troy Tornado, on the outside, rails against this, constant motion as always, exhorting the fans to encourage McFly – and they do, responding like they were lucky enough to be ringside for a PPV main event. Sean battles back to his feet, backing Newton into the ropes and shooting him off again.

This time, rather than try to meet Newton on impact, he rolls backward over the top rope to land on the floor, allowing Tornado in. Troy jumps to the top rope and meets Davis with a missile dropkick before bouncing up, playing to the crowd for a moment.

A back kick to Newton's gut sets up the backflip kick to the crown of the head, and up again as Troy scrambles toward the turnbuckle, knocking Perez from his perch with a punch before returning, scrambling to his knees to cover. ONE, TWO, THR-

Vibert pulls his charge out of the ring feet-first, breaking the cover. Sam Sparrow leaves the ring to get into Vibert's face over this, and Troy dives over the top rope at Newton, who doesn't just evade – sidestepping, he launches a high kick, catching Tornado in the jaw as he's still in the air.

Blood sprays out from his mouth in a high arc as his head snaps back. Elated, Davis rams him shoulder-first into the guardrail, but he pauses to gloat a little too long; Tornado stuns him with a backhand, then doubles him over, grabs him, and tosses him over the guardrail and into a fan's empty chair with a gutwrench suplex.

By now, McFly and Perez are already doing battle in the centre of the ring, and the American Tiger looks to be getting the upper hand – but Perez is ready; a stiff kick low blows McFly, and a DDT follows. Vibert abruptly stops protesting Sparrow's instruction, allowing the referee to return to the ring for the cover.

ONE, TWO, THR-

Tornado comes crashing down across the back of Perez' head with a legdrop. Sean rolls from the ring, and Tornado drags Frankie back to his feet. A scoop slam places him dead centre before Tornado climbs the turnbuckle, flying off with a diving elbow, perfectly placed. Tornado covers – ONE, TWO, THRE-

Just barely, Perez gets his shoulder up. Tornado shrugs acceptance that it didn't work, whipping him to the ropes, calling for the Tornado Driver.

By now, Newton is back at his team's turnbuckle. Perez' head crashes off the mat, and Tornado turns to face Newton, wary of a rescue attempt.

Davis shrugs, and Tornado covers, but the time's been taken. Perez lies prone for a good count of seven – but Sparrow is able to start counting only at five. Frustrated at the former tag champion's survival, Tornado shakes his head. He hits the ropes – STAR MAKER – NO! Perez ducks the Star Maker! Perfect Parity attempted – Tornado elbows free! Discus punch! Backflip kick!

Perez hits the canvas hard and rolls out of the ring. The number one contender turns to face the Triple Threat, who looks down at his tag partner for a long moment, then steps inside the ropes. He locks up with Tornado – converts it into a hammerlock – attempted hammerlock bomb, but Tornado rolls through to land on his feet – boot by Tornado – suplex! Cover! ONE, TWO – Newton gets the shoulder up.

They part and circle, before Troy, winding up a left hook, throws a right jab instead, shocking Newton. A DDT follows and Tornado tags out. McFly vaults to the top rope – FROM CANADA WITH LOVE! ONE, TWO, THRE-

Perez breaks it up with a kick. McFly chops back at Perez, slowing down any attack, then shoots him to the turnbuckles. He rushes in with a clothesline then spins in a punch, anticipating Newton coming from behind – but the Triple Threat has returned to his corner, instead.

McFly boosts Perez to the top turnbuckle, climbing up with him. Frankie looks to elbow clear – he does, sending McFly to the mat – flying thrust kick – McFly rolls clear, and Frankie crashes to the mat on one ankle, moving to clutch it.

Sean pulls him back to one foot and sets for the Delorean Driver, but Perez headbutts clear. He collapses back down to one knee when he tries to stand, though, and McFly beckons Tornado in. Another Delorean Driver is augmented when Tornado cannons off the ropes to deliver a simultaneous Star Maker to the back of Perez' head; McFly floats into a cover – ONE, TWO, THREE!

At his corner, Newton shrugs, beginning to walk back to the locker room before Perez stirs.

Sean McFly & Troy Tornado defeated GenOme

Show Rating: A

Show Notes:

• Finally, a match displaces Lions/Kreed as our best. The main event is another 100 rating.
  • Hopefully, by now, a few of the PPPW fans will be able to see the old Chris Rockwell in this one.
  • Without the angles being dinged for not being as good as the matches, I have to assume this would've been an A* show. As it was, it pulled a 94.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/bookbanner.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/book_open-2.jpg

Wednesday 3rd October 2009

The fourth or fifth Keep Kayfabe night I've hosted since I took over. KK is a little running gag that the boys involved seem to like; when a particular angle seems important enough to the company and essential enough to the people involved that it needs pre-planning by everyone, we host a Keep Kayfabe.

Basically, the people involved all quietly drop off the house show circuit at the same time and show up, one by one and incognito, at the Dangerous residence to talk things through over Maggie's wonderful cooking.

There's no need to do it this way, but then there's no need to stay incognito when doing it this way, but the boys seem to get a kick out of it.

Wolf Hawkins landed in the city last night. He took in an NYCW show – wearing his leg brace, after being 'injured' – and visited with Jay Chord. This morning Maggie collected him and drove him to the house.

Troy Tornado rode the subway most of the way here, wrapped up in his hoodie and a Painful Procedure ball cap (we may not take this completely seriously), and Art Reed pulled his dreads back into a ponytail before picking up his rented motorbike and riding over an hour or two later, toting a messenger bag full of old comics his collection was missing.

Once they were all here we sat down and started talking business; the main event of Crunch Time, specifically. Wolf has some very strong defences under his belt, but that's important, given his main program hasn't had a match since Fight to the Feedback some months ago. Troy needs rebuilding to title contendership over this month. And Art is right on the cusp, getting slowly built to the point where we can believably pull the trigger.

The trick this month is going to be making sure that all three men look like legitimate winners, without hurting anyone's gimmick, and without screwing over the program. While Troy is an old hand at promos and Hawkins has a real flair, neither Wolf nor Art have actually been cutting promos for all that long.

The meeting took about three hours of talk, mostly making sure everyone's on the same page. What left me feeling real joy over this one is that everyone involved has bought into the need to make the others look great in order to make themselves look good, and that's where this really ties together.

Thursday October 4th 2009

Well, this could be interesting. It looks like Art stayed the night, and not in either of the boys' rooms.

I hate having father-daughter talks, but thankfully, Maggie agrees it'd be hypocritical. I was married before I was her age.

The sad part is, this probably means it's time to slow Art's push to the top a little. The upside is, that means we can probably cement the Kreed's tag team reputation by fitting in another tag title reign down the line.

Hell yeah. Kate Reed making those Reed babies, popping out the Dark Matters like they be triplets.

New rule: I never try to say anything like that ever again.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

Looks like Kate

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/image/horatio1.jpg

found her some Dark Matter.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/totalwrestlingbanner.jpg

Breaking news out of TCW is that Troy Tornado has requested time on Total Wrestling to address the World Heavyweight Championship contendership situation.

In addition, there are a number of major matches lined up - and let's see what we've got.

The Conquering Kings face the Elite Express as the show opens. Until now, their balance has been pretty even, but at this point, the Express's backing as part of Matthew Keith's Kings of Wrestling has seen them go from strength to strength. How much that will change the score between these two remains to be seen.

Rhino Umaga has another chance to strut his stuff on the big stage, this time facing off with Nathan Priest. Priest himself is still looking for an elusive big win, one to catapult him up the rankings - and it's just possible, on recent form, that Umaga might be a big enough target to make that happen.

In tag team action, the recent arrivals to the womens division - now identified as Michelle Cox and Serena Starr - who wish to be seen as its 'Leading Lights' - will take on two of the company's womens champions - Kate Dangerous and reigning champ JeriLynn Stone. This match could turn the division's rankings on their head.

Up next, International champion Edd Stone will be seen in non-title action, locking horns with living legend Sam Keith. The victor here, whichever it is, will earn a victory over one of wrestling's greatest dynasties.

Art Reed has been at the centre of the controversy over the WHC contendership, coming in second only through elimination by a man who'd already been eliminated. In the semi-main event, he goes back to his roots looking for inspiration; he'll face off with the School of Tradition's Acid, in the latest of a series of matches that set the indy wrestling world alight before both men started to make their names.

And in the main event, Generation Omega clash with the Three Amigos, as Golden Law take on Wolf Hawkins and Joey Minnesota in what will surely be an epic battle.

Prediction Key:

Conquering Kings vs. Elite Express

Nathan Priest vs. Rhino Umaga

Leading Lights (Michelle Cox & Serena Starr) vs. JeriLynn Stone & Kate Dangerous

Edd Stone vs. Sam Keith w/ Blonde Bombshell (non-title)

Acid vs. Art Reed w/ Blonde Bombshell

Golden Law vs. Joey Minnesota & Wolf Hawkins w/ Phil Vibert

Conquering Kings vs. Elite Express

Express is doing more thanks to their alliance with Matthew.

Nathan Priest vs. Rhino Umaga

Rhino seemd to be the one who is getting a push.

Leading Lights (Michelle Cox & Serena Starr) vs. JeriLynn Stone & Kate Dangerous

Normally I wouldn´t go with new guys/girls but Leading Lights have had quite much promo time so they are likely to make an impact right away.

Edd Stone vs. Sam Keith w/ Blonde Bombshell (non-title)

Could go either way but I assume that Keith will get the win.

Acid vs. Art Reed w/ Blonde Bombshell

I would like to see Acid getting a win here but that just won´t happen.

Golden Law vs. Joey Minnesota & Wolf Hawkins w/ Phil Vibert

Hawkins is kept strong and Minnesota gets a win after losing in last show.

Archived