TCW: A Quiet Retirement

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having had a similar discussion over in NoNeck's diary I figure I might as well just jump in with my twopennorth here and wonder why you haven't gone for the revamped Fly Boys' renders? The more recent efforts seem to me to be a huge step forwards, and in my case at least meant that I went for them over my initial choice of the Cali Dragons when I was looking at new tag teams.

I can certainly see why you haven't subbed out the default Remo, Eddie Peak or Sam Keith, for example, but Donnie J and Jimmy P seem like ideal candidates.

As you say, though, I guess if they don't go where you want them to, change for change's sake is pointless.

Having had a similar discussion over in NoNeck's diary I figure I might as well just jump in with my twopennorth here and wonder why you haven't gone for the revamped Fly Boys' renders? The more recent efforts seem to me to be a huge step forwards, and in my case at least meant that I went for them over my initial choice of the Cali Dragons when I was looking at new tag teams.

I can certainly see why you haven't subbed out the default Remo, Eddie Peak or Sam Keith, for example, but Donnie J and Jimmy P seem like ideal candidates.

As you say, though, I guess if they don't go where you want them to, change for change's sake is pointless.

Their renders came up when I had a hard rule about 'no grandfathered in renders', ie, no re-renders for workers who'd been featured and 'seen'. I broke that for... probably Baroness Emily, I forget now... and didn't go back and change any others.

The new Fly Boy renders are awesome, yes, but I just haven't felt the need to switch, particularly with the Boys having been reduced to jobbers after a halfway-strong start. A revamped look seems like a good thing to bring in when Floyd starts to turn them around, no?

I took a look, and I'm a bit surprised. To be honest. How did he reach Main Eventer so fast? Must a great destiny stat.

Greg and Matt have been around B popularity since they won the tag titles together. Since that time, Matt has had a number of high-profile wins and a Match of the Year Candidate, while seeing exposure in a number of angles alongside incredibly popular people who are also very, very good on the mic - something that can also be said about Matt.

That's about 3-4 months of steady exposure and push from a B pop. Art and Greg aren't far off themselves, and they just recently took a title loss.

How fast is that, really?

Would have got in earlier but attending my nieces 5th birthday party took priority :)

Harry Allen vs. Zimmy

It's not unfathomable for Harry Allen to win here, because Zimmy hasn't come in as someone high up on the card, but I think you're trying to build Zimmy more, whilst Harry stays 'revelant' with his run-in's.

British Lions w/ Laura Huggins vs. Conquering Kings w/ Alanis Springsteen

As Oregano said, the Lions have done well to build themselves to where they are but don't quite have that legacy yet of The Machines or New Wave to bounce back from being victims of an upset.

Fly Boys w/ Floyd Goldworthy vs. Team VIPER w/ Baroness Emily

Can't take anyone involved with Jobworthy seriously :p

#1 Contendership to the Womens Championship goes to the one who scores the win

JeriLynn Stone & Suzanne Brazzle w/ Baroness Emily vs. Lauren Easter & Stephanie Wade

Got to agree with Italian Herb Jensen again on this one, you're obviously building to JeriLyn getting a title shot eventually but I don't think you're ready to the pull the trigger yet, the opponents are heels so Brazzle gets the shot here, which basically means she is the next 'victim' to be fed to Gorgon.

Champagne Lover vs. Sam Keith w/ Blonde Bombshell

Keith's gradually being faded out from the main storyline's and Champagne Lover could do with a 'notable' win to help push him up a little more.

Chris Rockwell vs. Jeremy Stone

Stone's still in the world title picture, Rockwell isn't being pushed anywhere near that at that moment.

Matthew Keith vs. Tommy Cornell

This could, in fact should be an excellent match and maybe one day Matt Keith could get over enough (both in game/and in this diary) to warrant going over Cornell but right now this will just make for a good TV main event but the winner shouldn't be in any doubt.

Harry Allen vs. Zimmy

Non finish when multiple members of their respective bands get involved.

The Lions seem to have a bit more direction right now.

I'll call for the upset here. The preview hints at a reason Floyd requested this match, whatever that is I think it results in a rare win for the Fly Boys.

JeriLynn Stone & Suzanne Brazzle w/ Baroness Emily vs. Lauren Easter & Stephanie Wade

This sees to be the unanimous choice, so I'll second everybody else.

Because CL is in a tag team now.

Both seem like relative no brainers to me.

Their renders came up when I had a hard rule about 'no grandfathered in renders', ie, no re-renders for workers who'd been featured and 'seen'. I broke that for... probably Baroness Emily, I forget now... and didn't go back and change any others.

The new Fly Boy renders are awesome, yes, but I just haven't felt the need to switch, particularly with the Boys having been reduced to jobbers after a halfway-strong start. A revamped look seems like a good thing to bring in when Floyd starts to turn them around, no?

Greg and Matt have been around B popularity since they won the tag titles together. Since that time, Matt has had a number of high-profile wins and a Match of the Year Candidate, while seeing exposure in a number of angles alongside incredibly popular people who are also very, very good on the mic - something that can also be said about Matt.

That's about 3-4 months of steady exposure and push from a B pop. Art and Greg aren't far off themselves, and they just recently took a title loss.

How fast is that, really?

I'd say pretty fast... you're diary is just overpowered now, me thinks. ;) I mean, from an A match between Giant Tana and Jack Marlowe... well, overpowered. ;)

In any case, I don't know if you changed the product yet, but if I recall, you are using the TCW 2008 product... which meant popularity equals performance. That meant, popularity would work off good performances, AND performance worked off populairty. That's a serious advantage you have there.

Playing the SWF, having good matches doesn't seem to raise popularity all that much. But in TCW 2008, having good matches can riase popularity, while having that high popularity can raise the ratings of the performances... which raise popularity... you see what I'm getting at here? :p

In any case, I don't know if you changed the product yet, but if I recall, you are using the TCW 2008 product... which meant popularity equals performance. That meant, popularity would work off good performances, AND performance worked off populairty. That's a serious advantage you have there.

Playing the SWF, having good matches doesn't seem to raise popularity all that much. But in TCW 2008, having good matches can riase popularity, while having that high popularity can raise the ratings of the performances... which raise popularity... you see what I'm getting at here? :p

I'm not sure why I abruptly would change the product, frankly, but I'll skip over the slight suggestion I'm doing something wrong and put this one to the vote, and will adjust to fit the response.

Do the shows read like a popularity, performance, or even split promotion to you guys?

I'm not sure why I abruptly would change the product, frankly, but I'll skip over the slight suggestion I'm doing something wrong and put this one to the vote, and will adjust to fit the response.

Do the shows read like a popularity, performance, or even split promotion to you guys?

Uh... I never implied you are doing anything wrong. In fact, I'm think you are doing a lot things right. :p I was complimenting you, not challenging you. :p In any case, I really like "popularity = performance" promtions, since you benefit from both high popularity AND good performances. (The downside is, if don't have enough of either, you can end something with a bigger stinker... but you have definitely avoided that. :))

Uh... I never implied you are doing anything wrong. In fact, I'm think you are doing a lot things right. :p I was complimenting you, not challenging you. :p In any case, I really like "popularity = performance" promtions, since you benefit from both high popularity AND good performances. (The downside is, if don't have enough of either, you can end something with a bigger stinker... but you have definitely avoided that. :))

Then it's a reading-of-tone issue, and I apologise for the misconstruction of your remarks.

As for Jack and Tana, as a side note... Yeah, surprised me too, but two things to note:

1) Giant Tana spent 15 months plus in dev, learning from Steve Flash, Pistol Pete Hall, Louis Figo Manico and theoretically Bairei Yasujiro.

2) Great chemistry.

Then it's a reading-of-tone issue, and I apologise for the misconstruction of your remarks.

As for Jack and Tana, as a side note... Yeah, surprised me too, but two things to note:

1) Giant Tana spent 15 months plus in dev, learning from Steve Flash, Pistol Pete Hall, Louis Figo Manico and theoretically Bairei Yasujiro.

2) Great chemistry.

Still, if it was in the SWF, I doubt it would reach that high of a grade. B+ maybe. But an A? that's way out of range for midcarders... for a SE promotion, that is. ;) And when I mean overpowered, is that, you played your game so well, there isn't anything much left for a challenge when it comes to top talent.

Harry Allen vs. Zimmy

- Most likely tossed out when the bands hit the ring and have a mock rock off. But I'll give Allen's recent 'outta nowhere' a chance to pick up some revenge.

- The Kings are... here. The Lions developed into contenders. Alanis has the spot of the match when she rushes to a tossed King without removing her headset. Comedy~!

- Pretty fly for some job boys. And their current renders suit their lowest rung on the heel side of things.

- I'll give Wade the win here since JL still has daddy issues and Brazzle can take a bokken shot. This is Wade's reward for getting Rocky Roaded repeatedly

- Bombshell's oldest 'boy' suffers a slight set-back, although with the way CL's been performing, it could help vault him up the card.

- The Tale of One Story. Jezza has one. Rockwell... just ordered some from Amazon.com.

- I think the perception of 'how did Keith become Matthew "The Main Event Man" Keith' is due to the fact you had him booked as 'injured' for the last while in-game. He made the main event performing at house shows and slow burning the sibling rivalry storyline onscreen. Since he's been back, he's been 'healed' he's been stealing shows and victories.

I did wonder at one point if you'd changed your product as you have so many run-ins, but I guess that's part of TCW's default product - Tradition Updated where MAW's default product is pure Tradition, no SE-style run-ins or anything.

And having just noticed this... Yeah, that's true. TCW's default allows run-ins, and I do at times abuse the hell outta that. (It's something I only tend to notice I've overdone when I'm writing the show up and thus thinking about it as a whole rather than discrete parts.)

The only thing I tweaked, I tweaked at the beginning; angle ratio to 80%. (Oh, and Women can now wrestle. Duh. So two things.)

Would have got in earlier but attending my nieces 5th birthday party took priority :)

Harry Allen vs. Zimmy

It's not unfathomable for Harry Allen to win here, because Zimmy hasn't come in as someone high up on the card, but I think you're trying to build Zimmy more, whilst Harry stays 'revelant' with his run-in's.

As Oregano said, the Lions have done well to build themselves to where they are but don't quite have that legacy yet of The Machines or New Wave to bounce back from being victims of an upset.

Can't take anyone involved with Jobworthy seriously :p

Got to agree with Italian Herb Jensen again on this one, you're obviously building to JeriLyn getting a title shot eventually but I don't think you're ready to the pull the trigger yet, the opponents are heels so Brazzle gets the shot here, which basically means she is the next 'victim' to be fed to Gorgon.

Keith's gradually being faded out from the main storyline's and Champagne Lover could do with a 'notable' win to help push him up a little more.

Stone's still in the world title picture, Rockwell isn't being pushed anywhere near that at that moment.

This could, in fact should be an excellent match and maybe one day Matt Keith could get over enough (both in game/and in this diary) to warrant going over Cornell but right now this will just make for a good TV main event but the winner shouldn't be in any doubt.

I'll agree with these

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TCW.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg

TCW Presents Total Wrestling

Tuesday Week 3 June 2009

Live on GNN Total Sports (Rating 15.93)

Rebroadcast on Continental Sports X1 (Rating 0.04)

Held at Doyle Lane (North West)

Attendance: 19,660

Announcers:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JasonAzaria_alt1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/HoratioDangerous_FIN6a.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ShawnDoakes.jpg

Jason Azaria – Horatio Dangerous – Shawn Doakes

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/HarryAllen_Grunge3.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ZimmyBumfhole_alt1.jpg

Harry Allen vs. Zimmy

A very, very fast matchup, this, a battle between two men known for lethal signature moves that can be hit at a moment's notice. Zimmy's Blood Rush and Allen's Gunslinger's Revenge make the story of much of this match, with multiple attempts by either man evaded - “they hit too fast to be countered,” as Azaria puts it – and a lot of work done on slowing the other man, working over the shoulder of Allen and the knee of Zimmy to prevent them from going for those big moves.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SteveGumble_Grunge2.jpg

With seven minutes on the clock, Steve Gumble appears at ringside. For a while, he's just offering moral support to his partner, but after a while Allen slips through Zimmy's guard, going up for the Gunslinger's Revenge, and it becomes obvious as he crashes to earth that the arm's sufficiently weakened as to be unable to execute his move.

Zimmy immediately goes for the Blood Rush, but Allen rolls clear. Ray Johnson dives backward, avoiding the dangerous knee strike but tumbling from the ring; Steve Gumble hops up onto the apron while Johnson's unsighted, delivering a Savate Kick that lays Zimmy out. Allen promptly scales the turnbuckles, switching arm deliberately to hit his flying fist drop and secure a pinfall as Johnson rolls back in.

Harry Allen defeated Zimmy

Rating: B-

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/totalbanner.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/AaronAndrews-1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JoeyMinnesota_alt.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/AutumnGleeson.jpg

Aaron Andrews is there in the interview room with Joey Minnesota and Autumn Gleeson, Gleeson meets the camera with her usual polished smile. “Hey there,” she beams. “Coming up in just a couple of minutes is a match between the British Lions and the Conquering Kings – two of the great tag teams here in TCW.

“They're both going to have what I'm about to talk about at the back of their minds, though... because with me are the Rising Stars, and thanks to Joey Minnesota these two men may have a shot at the tag team championships at Excessive Force. If, that is, Aaron Andrews agrees to the match – winning which would require him to surrender his International Championship.

“Aaron, what's the score? Could we see a tag team championship run on your record very soon?”

Andrews half-smiles, his thumb tapping away at the plate of his International Championship belt in that nervous tic he's developed this past month. “I don't know,” he says. “GenOme are one hell of a challenge to beat.

“But... that's why I think we've got to try. Joey... I know we've had issues. But like you said, if we lose, I get to keep my title. If we win, you and me... tag champions together.” He grins. “Let's do this.”

Autumn beams. A high-pitched scream of “WHAT?” can be heard only quietly, but it can still be heard. Joey laughs. “I guess your buddy Edd's watching the show, somewhere in the building,” he says.

Gleeson turns back to the camera. “And now, back to the kind of tag team wrestling that makes TCW the envy of the competition.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/MerleOCurle_alt.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/WalterMorgan.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/LauraCatherineHuggins.jpg

British Lions w/ Laura Huggins

vs.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/BarryKingman.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ClarkAlexander.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Seduction.jpg

Conquering Kings w/ Alanis Springsteen

The Kings do their level best here... and it's actually pretty effective. Barry and Clark spend the early part of this match reminding the fans in attendance just why each man deserves their slot on the TCW main roster, with both men actually able to enter into long chains of hold and counter-hold with the technical masters opposing them – and to hold their own as they do so.

Morgan and O'Curle do, however, eventually figure it out. Barry Kingman is backed into the Lions' corner, and the School of Tradition duo tag in and out, taking it in turns to do damage, working him over thoroughly, with Laura Huggins exhorting them on to ever greater displays of skill.

Springsteen, on the far side, is equally active for her team, striding up and down, keeping an eagle eye on things. Whenever the cameras cut to Alexander and his lonely vigil, waiting for his partner to break free and tag him in, Springsteen is there in shot, offering comments on the moves employed by the Lions, on good counters. Alexander is clearly listening, nodding in thought.

Unfortunately, Kingman never gets that chance. Walter Morgan locks him down, forcing him into the Wigan Wrench and holding on like grim death. Kingman passes out rather than tap, but he still loses.

British Lions defeated Conquering Kings

Rating: B

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/AaronAndrews-1.jpg

Aaron Andrews walks the corridors between locker rooms, a bottle of sports drink in his hand, taking a gulp before pushing open a door and stepping into the Rising Stars locker room – or, rather, stopping dead on the threshold.

The camera moves to study the room over his shoulder, seeing...

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/EddStone_alt6.jpg

Well. At least forty life-size cardboard Edd Stones are stood up in the room, all staring at the doorway. And there's one Edd in there that clearly isn't a cardboard cut-out, right in the middle of them, an empty space creating a path leading straight to it, standing perfectly still. Four or five of the Edds have post-it notes stuck in various locations.

Aaron hurls the bottle one-handed at a cardboard Edd right next to the central feature. Edd doesn't seem to flinch.

“I'm going to kill you, Edd,” Andrews growls. “Can't you just leave me the hell alone? Were those beatings not enough for you or something?”

Still no response. Aaron charges, delivering a massive lariat to the non-cardboard Edd.

Its head comes off. The rest remains standing. Aaron freezes, staring at it, before a newcomer spins him around -

PARTY'S OVER ON THE CONCRETE!

Edd picks up the waxwork model's head and balances it precariously on a nearly-destroyed neck.

“Damn, I'm gorgeous,” he remarks before he leaves, Andrews still lying on the floor.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/DonnieJ.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JamesPrudence.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/FloydGoldworthy.jpg

Fly Boys w/ Floyd Goldworthy

vs.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/FumihiroOta_PS.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ShingenMiyazaki_alt2.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/QueenEmily_FS2.jpg

Team VIPER w/ Baroness Emily

The Fly Boys have gone up against Team VIPER before, and it has never been a good experience for them. This time, however, they strut their way down to the ring looking extremely confident.

VIPER, of course, look no less sure. Emily has her bokken in hand, but the expressions on all three faces seems to indicate that this is purely for form's sake.

The Boys have never been complete pushovers – their win record may be scanty, but it's always been the case that their opponents have had to, to whatever degree, fight through resistance to get where they're going – and in the early minutes of this contest they really hammer that home, utilising their speed advantage over VIPER to harry their opponents.

A lightning-quick series of double teams culminates in a two-man charge toward Fumihiro Ota. As they near him both Boys reach out, locking arms for a double clothesline. Ota, ever agile and quick to react, ducks and rolls forward, passing under the clothesline.

Replays will show that that's the moment where both of the Boys start grinning. It's another two paces to wipe out Sam Sparrow.

Shingen Miyazaki comes into the ring alongside Ota, squaring off with the Boys, evening the score in any confrontation... or so it would seem.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JungleJack_alt1.jpg

Miyazaki abruptly drops to the canvas, hammered there by a newcomer hitting him from behind. Jack Marlowe has arrived.

He ducks a Ninja Strike, boots Ota in the gut and whips him across the ring, where the Fly Boys are waiting with a hi-lo clothesline/legsweep combo. They toss Ota from the ring and turn back, watching as Marlowe and Miyazaki go one on one. The All-Action Champion's every offensive is swiftly shut down before Marlowe sinks him with a Jackhammer, rolling out of the ring to collect a thickly-stuffed envelope from Floyd Goldworthy.

Donnie comes off the top rope with a Death on Miami Beach as Sparrow recovers, making the pin and securing victory.

Fly Boys defeated Team VIPER

Rating: B

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JeriLynnStone.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SuzanneBrazzle_jhdPS.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/QueenEmily_FS2.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/LaurenEaster.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/StephanieWade.jpg

With Team VIPER skulking at ringside, both looking chastened and shooting occasional glances at the Baroness' bokken, the second match of the night to feature Team KOBRA gets under way. Azaria and Doakes spend a little while discussing the stipulation; whoever wins the match for their team is looking at a title shot against Gorgon at Excessive Force.

Easter and Wade are the more unified combination early on, notably working over JeriLynn's back with a number of double-teams, culminating when they whip her back-first into the turnbuckle. A charge by Easter is met with JL's knees, though, and as she spins JeriLynn catches her and nails a Girl's Best Friend. As she pops up, though, Wade hits a superkick.

It's the move that got Wade noticed before she came to TCW and it remains one of the best-executed in the business, male or female, today. Stone is down and it looks a whole hell of a lot like she's out, too.

Wade takes a moment to grin – then she catches a flicker of movement out of the corner of her eye and turns. Brazzle is in the ring – and the ten or fifteen seconds that Brazzle and Wade exchange punches are all needed before JeriLynn starts to stir after that superkick. Stephanie blocks a punch, closes in, and suplexes Brazzle, then turns to face JeriLynn – and eats a dropkick.

Brazzle and Stone make the tag, bringing the Team KOBRA woman into the match as a legal competitor. Wade promptly smirks, shrugs, and tags out to a somewhat-surprised Easter.

Easter may be surprised, but she comes in hard and fast, nearly getting a Solstice Bomb before Brazzle punches free, landing on her feet and slamming her opponent – or trying to; Easter turns it into a quick cradle before Brazzle breaks free.

Wade comes back in after an Easter pin attempt almost gets the victory, with Stephanie breaking it up and being tagged in almost as vengeance. From there the contest breaks down, culminating in Easter getting sent to the outside before Brazzle gets the Miracle Connection straight right on Wade and Stone tops it off with the From Canada With Love diving headbutt. While JeriLynn is shrugging off the effects of the headbutt, Brazzle gets the pin and secures victory.

JeriLynn Stone & Suzanne Brazzle defeated Lauren Easter & Stephanie Wade

Rating: B-

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SuzanneBrazzle_jhdPS.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/FumihiroOta_PS.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ShingenMiyazaki_alt2.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/QueenEmily_FS2.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/HellMonkey_jhdPS-1.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/KoshiroIno.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Hidekazu_jtlant.jpg

The remainder of Team KOBRA hit the ring, with Team VIPER looking slightly reluctant to do so.

Ino takes the microphone – something a little surprising – and after bowing to Brazzle, and after she takes her place within the surrounding circle, he turns to face Miyazaki and raises the microphone to his lips.

“To give a person one's opinion and correct his faults is an important thing,” he begins. “It is compassionate and comes first in matters of service. But the way of doing this is extremely difficult. To discover the good and bad points of a person is an easy thing, and to give an opinion concerning them is easy, too. For the most part, people think that they are being kind by saying the things that others find distasteful or difficult to say.”

He nods, and Emily brings the bokken down on the back of Ota, who then bows and steps to the edge of the circle. Ino offers the microphone to Miyazaki, who continues the quote.

”But if it is not received well, they think that there is nothing more to be done. This is completely worthless. It is the same as brining shame to a person by slandering him. It is nothing more than getting it off one's chest. To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not. One must become close with him and make sure that he continually trusts one's word.”

The bokken comes down again, this time on Miyazaki's back. He, too, bows, and passes the microphone to Emily, who turns to the hard camera and completes the Hagakure lesson.

“Approaching subjects that are dear to him, seek the best way to speak and to be well understood. Judge the occasion, and determine whether it is better by letter or at the time of leave-taking. Praise his good points and use every device to encourage him, perhaps by talking about one's own faults without touching on his, but so that they will occur to him. Have him receive this in the way that a man would drink water when his throat is dry, and it will be an opinion that will correct faults.”

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/ChampagneLover.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/SamKeith.jpg w/ http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/BlondeBombshell.jpg

As Lover comes in aggressively, Sam counters charges using about a dozen different variations of armdrag.

Lover takes things to the floor with a charge and dropkicks Keith into the barrier.

Sam rebounds off the barrier and tries for a chop, but Lover ducks and slams him before rolling him into the ring.

Back in, Keith's in deep trouble. He tries to chop his way out, but Lover cuts him off with a dropkick. Keith keeps blocking the Lover Stunner, though. He rallies, unleashing a volley of punches and a sitout piledriver that gets two.

Lover fights back in turn, pulling out a Blue Thunder Bomb and transitioning to a cross armlock.

Keith turns out of it and tries for the Proton Lock, but Lover gets clear, whipping him to the turnbuckles. Lover hits a flying elbow into the corner, but Keith follows him out and hits him right in the face with a boot.

Lover catches Keith going up and hits him with an uppercut. Lover's coast-to-coast dropkick misses, and he goes for the top rope. Sam cuts him off and tries for the Neutron-Plex, but Lover blocks that and hits the Champagne Sunrise, snagging the win after a hard-fought match.

Champagne Lover defeated Sam Keith

Rating: B+

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/LobsterWarrior_PS.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/JeremyStone.jpg

Stone closes fast with closed fists, throwing hands hard and fast. He pounds away, but Rockwell blocks one, then another, lands a discus elbow and press slams Jeremy.

Stone fights back and starts to work over Rockwell's lower back, before backing off and slapping the taste out of Chris's mouth, leaving him dazed and confused.

Rockwell fights down his temper, ducks a charge, and drops Stone's belly across the top rope.

He promptly, however, misses a charge, sending himself into a turnbuckle. Taking over, Stone works him over and pauses to taunt.

“This,” Azaria points out, “is the exact same strategy Jeremy uses when he wants to blow Bloodstone's temper open. You think Chris will keep his cool?”

Rockwell has a few flurries, but from that point on it's mostly Stone in control. He tosses Rockwell's back into the buckle and grabs him for a suplex, but Chris elbows free. He hits a crossbody for two, but Stone cuts him off with a punch to the gut.

Rockwell fights out of the Stone's Throw and hits a release fisherman's suplex, but he goes for the Furusawa Armbar instead of the pin – and Jeremy thumbs him in the eye. Seeing red, Rockwell tries for the repeated knee strikes and Stone pulls his legs out from under him. The Stone Hold clamps down, and Rockwell's momentary loss of temper dooms him to submit.

Jeremy Stone defeated Chris Rockwell

Rating: A

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/MatthewKeith.jpg vs. http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/TommyCornell_alt1jt.jpg

Matt comes in with intensity, determined to get that prestigious win over Cornell.

Cornell deftly reverses all of his early moves, though, and the crowd gets on Matt's case.

Furious, Matt blocks the Blade Chop, spins Cornell around, and gets a Russian legsweep before stomping away at Cornell's midsection. He backs off, hits the ropes, and dropkicks Tommy in the gut as he's recovering himself, then gets down to business. An inverted suplex is followed by a gutwrench, and that gets converted into a gutwrench suplex.

Tommy comes back with a stiff uppercut followed by something looking a lot like theLeaping Lariat. Matt tries for a headscissors, but Tommy spins through and Stun Guns him across the top rope. Matt elbows out, so Cornell tries a German Suplex bridged for a quick two count.

Out of nowhere, Matt somehow turns that into a Proton Lock, but Cornell gets a foot to the ropes, with Matt finally releasing the hold after the count of four. Tommy blocks a DDT attempt, twists clear, and lands one of his own before locking in the triangle choke.

Keith slowly forces his way out, whipping him to the corner and over the top rope. Tommy holds on, but Matt hits a charging shoulderblock to knock Cornell to the floor and set up a suicide dive

Back in, they go toe-to-toe and slug it out. Matt wins with a spinkick and puts Cornell back in the Proton Lock. Cornell makes the ropes again and drags them to the apron. Matt charges, so Cornell counters to a belly-to-belly from the apron to the floor.

A baseball slide sends Matt into the crowd, and Eugene Williams backs Tommy off, with Tommy taking a moment to realise what kind of pop he's getting. The look on his face is astonishing; it's like a child coming downstairs on Christmas morning to find presents under the tree.

Matt slips in at nine, avoiding the countout. They segue into a chop duel where the crowd begin to alternate between cheers and jeers. Matt throws a punch, then another, then Cornell ducks the next and gets a backbreaker. Tommy takes Matt down into the Guilt Trip to a huge pop. Matt fights out and hits a huge release powerbomb.

The Neutron Plex swiftly follows. Keith takes a few moments, looking around, to recover his breath, then goes to the corner, starting the climb. Cornell crotches him on top, drags him halfway off his perch and hits the Rough Ride!

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/WolfHawkins.jpg

Wolf Hawkins slides under the ropes and Tommy's assault stops dead. Williams gets in the way and it looks a lot like he's pleading with Hawkins to back off; Matt promptly low blows Cornell and rolls him up, but Tommy kicks out.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/RickyDaleJohnson.jpg

RDJ rolls into the ring next, facing Hawkins off, and it looks very clear that the contest is all but over. Williams once again gets into the two invaders' faces and Keith promptly Neutron Plexes Johnson, striking from a position of surprise.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Remo.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/EddiePeak.jpg

Cornell tries for a Rough Ride, but he's barely gotten Matt into the air when Remo spears him out of the blue. With this much chaos in the ring, Williams throws the match out just as Eddie Peak arrives.

Matthew Keith went to a draw with Tommy Cornell

Rating: A*

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/Remo.jpghttp://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/trenchcoatbrigand/TCW/EddiePeak.jpg

RDJ and Cornell back off from the two behemoths going head to head. Matt Keith also bails fast – no one wants to get in Remo's way. Hawkins tries to help his stablemate, but Peak swings and the World Heavyweight Champion thinks again, heading out of the ring and leaving the way he came; through the crowd.

Meanwhile, for the second Tuesday running, Remo and Peak tear into each other as the show draws to a close. A stark, surprising cut shows the hole in the set left by their assault last week.

Peak backdrops Remo into the crowd, then clambers onto the guardrail, coming off with a two-handed axehandle to further stagger his opponent. They drive one another back through the crowd, ending up eventually on the main part of the set. Remo gains the upper hand with a headbutt out of nowhere that leaves both men bleeding, and he keeps it by hoisting the bigger man onto his shoulders, obviously setting up for a Destroyer.

The Destroyer itself sees both men sail off the side of the set, into one of the sections of the Total Wrestling construction that houses both pyro launchers and spotlights. The result is chaotic to say the least, with no fake explosions – no explosions at all – but a hell of a lot of noise, some electric-blue sparks and, when the camera closes in on the area, shards of glass scattered around as the glow of the lighting filaments slowly dwindles, fading from white to burning red as the show closes.

Show Rating: A*

By the way, have you expanded your TV and PPV coverage yet? I'm little surprised you haven't expanded your TV coverage to Mexico yet.

TCW's default network includes Northern Mexico, meaning you can't expand to Mexico without your primary network blocking the move. I will expand Saturday Night Showcase down there at some point, as it's on CBA.

...As you can see in the show preambles, Total Wrestling is also broadcast by a network covering Europe and the UK (and by one in Japan, although that's on a Friday and as such I never have the numbers for it up, waiting as I am for Badge of Honor). BoH and SNS have yet to be expanded.

PPV preambles note the deals with America 1-Select, Australia Options, Jade 237, Rivera Pay Television, U-Demand Canada, UK-1 and V-Corp, which between them give TCW PPVs global coverage, though outside America none are bigger than Small. As those deals come up for renewal, though, there's always the chance we'll be able to improve; certainly in Canada in 7 months we should be able to jump a couple sizes, and Mexico would be Cult in and of itself at the moment, but our Rivera deal has another 6 months to run.

A wonderful twist on a typical Edd Stone skit. Awesome. Loved it.

Coming from the guy who defined Edd Stone, that makes me happy to read. Glad you enjoyed. Edd's rapidly turning into the world's most oddball mind-game master; you either make one assumption too few or too many, but you never know how he's going to get to you until it's too late.

A* show woo!

Wait...

BAH MATT KEITH GOT AN A* MATCH.

Hate. Him. HAET.

Stupid main eventer clearly deserving his spot...

Also, the Sam Keith match seemed...short?

Matt's now had four A* matches. I believe only Tommy and Joey Minnesota have had more.

Was Sam/Lover short? It seemed fairly packed to me... or do you mean that the finish was somewhat out-of-nowhere? Because, yeah, I'll cop to that... it was something I wanted to do that way, honestly.

Archived