Two major TNA staff members fired

TNAfan123

For a company the size of tna that is WAY to many. To be honest i think tna needs to be realistic about what they can do. If anything they would have three at most. one main person, one for knockouts and one for x guys. I know most companys don't break it down like that *i am speaking of agents ofcourse, one for each devision at it's current size*.

Heyman is not what tna needs any more. He was good 10+ years ago. It sounds odd but i would love to see a bishoff or even a jbl *i hear he is looking to gert into a back stage enviorment*.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For a company the size of tna that is WAY to many. To be honest i think tna needs to be realistic about what they can do. If anything they would have three at most. one main person, one for knockouts and one for x guys. I know most companys don't break it down like that *i am speaking of agents ofcourse, one for each devision at it's current size*.

Heyman is not what tna needs any more. He was good 10+ years ago. It sounds odd but i would love to see a bishoff or even a jbl *i hear he is looking to gert into a back stage enviorment*.

yeah, in dixie carters mind she wants to go to war with wwe and she thinks that with star power they will..

First, there isn't a single person on the payroll currently who could handle the knockouts without turning them into Divas. Sorry. But since they've been raiding SHIMMER already, why not just hire DP or Allison and get it over with.

JBL? Oh God, I needed a laugh like that. The man is so anti-new blood, he'd be worse than Russo IMO. Given the folks currently on the roster, do you really need to add another *******....in an authority position, no less? Come on. And Eric Bischoff? Is this the same dude that had his competition sinking and GAVE them a life preserver? Seriously, if you're going to take shots at one person, you'd better be equal opportunity.

I think people sell Heyman short. "All he can do is...", what exactly? Take a POS worker who can't wrestle and can barely talk (The Sandman), and turn him into a cult icon. And before you even think to take issue with the 'cult' word, think about other 'cult classics' that make tons of money and maintain their popularity for decades. Rocky Horror? Shaft? Heathers? Hairspray? Most of John Hughes' work outside of 'Home Alone'? Fargo? Bill Gates became a billionaire in one field but is working in another now. Does that mean he's going to fail at that? You're judging what a person can do with absolutely ZERO evidence or anything to support your argument. The last time Heyman had authority in a wrestling promotion, he did pretty damn well and several stars were made based, wholly or in part, on his explicit recommendation. What does TNA need right now? Why, I think they need new stars made before the MEM get to Social Security age (in what, 3 years?).

Everyone under consideration has blemishes on their record. Pointing at one person's possible shortcomings and then holding up others as if they're pristine, is disingenuous and wrong (at least to me). The fact remains, if the current crew can continue to produce shows and PPVs like the last couple Impacts, TNA will be on the right track.

Ehm didn't D'Amore book the beginning of the Women division which got pretty good reviews? And on creative I was talking about the booking/creative not the agents. While they certainly overlap they are not the same.

And yeah no way Bischoff and/or JBL, please no!

Road Agent wise I would go with Taylor for main, D'Amore Women/X, Kenny (aka Diamond) X/Tag. With D'Amore already re-employed it would only mean rehiring Pat Kenny as well and reshufling. The creative team generally was 3-4 people with other people chiming in or being an occasional part of creative. With the way I proposed you would have a true Headbooker (Heyman) someone in training (Conway) Someone to filter Heyman (Cornette) and two go betweens in D'Amore and Taylor.

I actually thought their last show was quite good. The brawl was wicked, and I liked MCMG's shtick about not being on TV and then reading the mag while Daniels got dudded. I'm never a fan of Russo's major swerves but I was happy to see Sting fighting the MEM. I know every character needs rejigging, but Sting's always played the defiant outsider so damn well. The current MEM roster makes more sense. World Elite also makes sense, I like that too.

I would like to see now more MCMG and Lethal/Creed, I love those guys (strictly as wrestlers)

You know, I don't get a lot of the TNA consternation in general. Are they the perfect company at the moment? Not at all. I don't think such a creature is possible actually. But for what's readily available without burning through a lot of cash or time or torrent sites, I would be hard pressed to find a better show. They give real love to the tag team division. The Knockouts have the best-run national women's division I've seen in 20 years and they make better use of a wider range of talent than WWE has in years.

And you know, I know folks often grouse about the MEM storyline and how those guys should be jobbing out more to put the young guys over. But from the moment this storyline started they've had a deadline with me as far as my patience goes. And that deadline hasn't arrived yet. That deadline is the end of Bound For Glory. As long as the MEM begins its final collapse by that point, TNA Creative pretty much has free reign from me to do what they will. They've already shown chinks in the MEM unity with siutations like the Sting/Angle power struggle and the Sharmell/Jenna tiff. The latter situation being one they could potentially expand on with Traci Brooks now in the fold and apparently willing to vamp herself out.

They say power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. So I wouldn't be surprised if the MEM capturing all the belts at once is ultimately what MEM critics should want. I hope I'm not giving TNA Creative too much credit here. But it seems like they could be building to the weight of all those championship egos in one group being too much to be supported within the group's structure. Not to mention the fact of the greater rub it gives the young guys in the long run if they can crack such utter dominance. In any event, I'm still comfortable there's light at the end of the MEM tunnel. And as long as that's the case, that storyline's getting the benefit of my doubt.

Well,it sounds to me like a move to reduce Jarrett's power by breaking up his "cliques"....so I'd think Jarrett is out....as far as "fixing" TNA it's tough to say:

I am pretty sure there's no way you could have both Heyman and Cornette,it would be nothing but political games with each trying to discredit the other and soon enough one would be out the door,but probably not before it wrecked the attitude in the locker room.

As for Nash(and even Russo), it seems with the guys they have working on top and the angles going it is pretty much a live re-enactment of the latter days of WCW already,so it could happen,though I don't feel it would be a good idea as all it would do is prove the old adage about insanity being repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Personally,I like Cornette;he has as much and eye for talent as anyone and his work in SMW is at least on par with Heyman's ECW stuff as far as the quality of the matches/angles.At the very least he could make the booking come off as more logical and realistic without the "It's a big stunt show/movie action sequence" type of feel the WWE is cranking out.The problem is though,our culture people have been so indoctrinated with the "Immediate results!gotta have it all now now now!Right now!" mindset that more fans would get bored with Cornette's more slow build approach to booking and move on to something else than he would pick up from the "traditional" type crowd.

Still....it would be nice to see some "Southern" style booking again...

You know, I don't get a lot of the TNA consternation in general. Are they the perfect company at the moment? Not at all. I don't think such a creature is possible actually. But for what's readily available without burning through a lot of cash or time or torrent sites, I would be hard pressed to find a better show. They give real love to the tag team division. The Knockouts have the best-run national women's division I've seen in 20 years and they make better use of a wider range of talent than WWE has in years.

And you know, I know folks often grouse about the MEM storyline and how those guys should be jobbing out more to put the young guys over. But from the moment this storyline started they've had a deadline with me as far as my patience goes. And that deadline hasn't arrived yet. That deadline is the end of Bound For Glory. As long as the MEM begins its final collapse by that point, TNA Creative pretty much has free reign from me to do what they will. They've already shown chinks in the MEM unity with siutations like the Sting/Angle power struggle and the Sharmell/Jenna tiff. The latter situation being one they could potentially expand on with Traci Brooks now in the fold and apparently willing to vamp herself out.

They say power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. So I wouldn't be surprised if the MEM capturing all the belts at once is ultimately what MEM critics should want. I hope I'm not giving TNA Creative too much credit here. But it seems like they could be building to the weight of all those championship egos in one group being too much to be supported within the group's structure. Not to mention the fact of the greater rub it gives the young guys in the long run if they can crack such utter dominance. In any event, I'm still comfortable there's light at the end of the MEM tunnel. And as long as that's the case, that storyline's getting the benefit of my doubt.

I like the Knockouts. Not only would I throw a sickie to spend time with a few of them (Amazing Kong the most notable exclusion!!) but their matches generally have purpose, their characters have storylines and it works all in all quite well.

Archived