DOTM: Cornellverse Poll

DOTM: Cornellverse Poll  

69 members have voted

1. 1. DOTM: Cornellverse Poll

• BigPapa42's "SWF: Generation Supreme"
    • Comradebot's "EWA: Why People Almost Care About Wrestling In Europe, But Hate Themselves For It"
    • Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)"
    • Self's "Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom"
    • Eisen-verse's "PSW: The Evolution of Greed"
    • Nevermore's "MoSC: The Worst Of British Wrestling"
    • James Casey's "MAW: Ten Simple Rules"
    • SeanMcfly's "NOTBPW : Set in Stone"

Boo! We want EWA Olympics!

Okay, it was a GREAT idea... but the manner in which I executed it was... bad. Really, really bad, save for the three tournaments and the battle royal that came out of it, and the feud it set up with Bam Bam and Manico (which yall DID get to see go down).

Maybe if I play for a couple more years the EWA can host the EWA Winter Olympics.

And yes, Byron sucks for his Creative Control. Makes me far too hesitant to give him the attention his skills warrant, as I don't look forward to have him going "screw you Johansson (either one of them), I'M THE OWNER!"

Edit: Oh, and let's try and not spam this thread with EWA speak. As much as I love to discuss my beloved European zanyness (zaniness?), it has its own thread for that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was torn. I honestly didn't know who to vote for since there are a few diaries up there that I keep up with on a daily basis.

In the end, though, I went with Nevvy because I like what he continues to do with his diary. A talented writer, great characters, overall just unique in his own.

Could have easily gone to BigPapa and his SWF diary, however, I went with nevvy on this one.

Cheers.

I'm new here but I picked Self's mainly because his is so much different. He's created an entire world un to himself and actaully made us care about it. I really like that. I've spent the last week reading his shows and he truly deserves this.

This just made my day. :D

I put a lot of my diary's success down to the fact it's completely kayfabe. I'm not telling the story of how I booked FCK, with backstage discussions, and tales of booking ideas that didn't work. I treat FCK as 100% real. This is happening. Wrestling is real. Its always been my theory that wrestling audiences want to able to suspend disbelief and get sucked into a story that is treated as real. Be they viewers of WWE or readers of diaries. That's what I'm trying to present.

Now there's room for all comers. Step-by-step stories about how you took a Small company to Global level are just as interesting (in a fabulously different way) but it seems to me that a lot of diary writers put in kayfabe shattering backstories and booking meetings just because... well... every diary does it. Can't you just write wrestling?

Turned into a bit of a rant, but it was meant in an entirely happy and positive way. Just sharing a theory with y'all, the awesome diary reading & writing community.

P.S. I just gave this poll 2 stars.

you know what i find amazing?

Big Papa & Self combine for 30 votes right now, and that is not even half of the votes cast in this poll. that is unreal!!!

That's what I was thinking just now too!

It's awesome to see so many people taking part (both creating diaries and voting for them) these days. Very strong outpouring! :D

Archived