Ultimate Fighting Championship meets CornellVerse

I know EWR used to have what we all called BDS(Bad-Day-Syndrome). Basically, no matter how well of a card you put together, and how well the match quality was, the overall quality just isn't there.

I'm not sure if the newer Ryland games work that way, but I feel like I've had that happen with a couple of my GLORY events. Perhaps the same could be said for you.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UFC Fight Night 6

Friday of Week 3, July 2002

From Nevada

(Prelim) Christine Jameson beat Anna Thompson by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Average)

(Prelim) Oscar Gomez beat Juozas Skerla by Split Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Good)

Tuck Durdell beat Ranieri Fernanda by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Average)

Caca de Andrade beat Truck Gleeson by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Decent)

Alan Kendall beat Callum Henson by Submission in 3:11 of round 3 (Great)

Sylvester Collins beat Don Norman by TKO in 3:36 of round 1 (Great)

Attendance: 1,923 for a gate of $144,225

Viewers: 808,260 + 484,956 = 1,293,216

Show Rating: Very Poor

Commentary: People are so picky! It drives me bananas! It is impossible to satisfy them! Well, maybe now I will succeed, as I just used most of my money I earned hiring Raul Hughes and Steve Mason.

I know EWR used to have what we all called BDS(Bad-Day-Syndrome). Basically, no matter how well of a card you put together, and how well the match quality was, the overall quality just isn't there.

I'm not sure if the newer Ryland games work that way, but I feel like I've had that happen with a couple of my GLORY events. Perhaps the same could be said for you.

I think the problem is that when you hit International, the fans seem to expect a massively dramatic jump in show quality. It's no wonder GAMMA and ALPHA-1 are unable to sustain International as well. Have you ever managed to gain popularity at International? I can't seem to do it, and the AI can't seem to do it either.

June 2002 Performance: +$1,047,368

July 2002 Performance: -$589,194

Business

Extended Deal With:

Layla Holmes

William Harrison

Drew Jenks

Sylvester Collins

Janinha

Joaquim Fontes

Hired:

Raul Hughes

Helio

Steve Mason

Linfield Ballard

Katherine Williams

Noach Van Der Capellen

Released:

Sammy Newton

Toshiya Furube

UFC 42 CARD

(Main Event)

UFC Welterweight Title Bout

"The Savage" Datuk Ong Ka Ting (11-3) v Jonathan "The Locust" Huang (5-1)

Lightweight Bout

H. M. Menzel (18-7) v "Little Dragon" Li-Kong Ho (22-1)

Middleweight Bout

"The Executioner" Maarten De Vries (15-9) v Patrick "The Titan" Thomas (12-8)

Women's Lightweight Bout

"The Japanese Buzzsaw" Naora Kikuchi (8-4) v "The Electrifying" Jenny DeNeuve (9-3)

Heavyweight Bout

"The Brixton Butcher" Stafford Alois (32-10) v Armen "A-Game" Sarkisian (19-2)

Cruiserweight Bout

Arkan Gleiser (12-7) v "Wild" Bill Cumming (30-15)

Women's Heavyweight Bout

"The Arizona Animal" Sarah Vaughan (16-3) v Romi "WAR" Takahashi (10-0)

Prelim Bouts

Women's Heavyweight: Steph Smith v Verona Joseph

Lightweight: Rory McEnterry v Kyle Sagal

Welterweight: Nathan Chambers v Reginald Grunge

Middleweight: Danny Akabaro v Joshua Hope

I think the problem is that when you hit International, the fans seem to expect a massively dramatic jump in show quality. It's no wonder GAMMA and ALPHA-1 are unable to sustain International as well. Have you ever managed to gain popularity at International? I can't seem to do it, and the AI can't seem to do it either.

I have read where people have said that they have done it. That being said I personally have never done it. That is why I like WMMA 1 slightly better than WMMA 2, I mean yes WMMA 1 was easy to play but I enjoyed making my company number one and staying there. Not going back and fourth from International to National.

UFC 42: Ultimate Japan

Saturday of Week 4, August 2002

From Kanto

(Prelim) Joshua Hope beat Danny Akabaro by Submission in 4:44 of round 1 (Great)

(Prelim) Kyle Sagal beat Rory McEnterry by TKO in 1:59 of round 1 (Great)

(Prelim) Nathan Chambers beat Reginald Grunge by TKO in 2:00 of round 1 (Fantastic)

(Prelim) Verona Joseph beat Steph Smith by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Average)

Sarah Vaughan beat Romi Takahashi by Submission in 4:08 of round 2 (Good)

Arkan Gleiser beat Bill Cumming by Knock Out in 1:17 of round 1 (Great)

Armen Sarkisian beat Stafford Alois by TKO in 1:54 of round 1 (Great)

Jenny DeNeuve beat Naora Kikuchi by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Poor)

Maarten De Vries beat Patrick Thomas by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Decent)

Li-Kong Ho beat H. M. Menzel by Submission in 4:23 of round 1 (Great)

Datuk Ong Ka Ting beat Jonathan Huang by TKO in 1:41 of round 1 to win the UFC Welterweight title (Great)

Attendance: 541 for a gate of $21,640

Pay-Per-View: 44,749 buys for revenue of $178,996

Show Rating: Very Poor

Commentary: Screw the fans for how picky they are. That is all I have to say about this crap. I have just about had it with not being able to produce any "acceptable" matches. A couple of my people gain loads of popularity too quickly, becoming too expensive to keep on the roster, but not enough people become popular enough to continue rising without hiring overly expensive people from other companies. It is like there is no way to win. This show was an absolute disaster and has set us way back and deep into debt once more.

UFC Fight Night 7

Friday of Week 3, September 2002

From Nevada

(Prelim) Nate MacReary beat Tobias Goulet by TKO in 0:47 of round 1 (Great)

(Prelim) Wilson Franklyn beat Frank Analysis by Knock Out in 4:31 of round 1 (Good)

Logan Sky beat Soren Jellyman by TKO in 0:58 of round 1 (Great)

Helio beat Teeratep Nutnum by Knock Out in 3:35 of round 1 (Great)

Xie Ming beat Sutton Ripley by Knock Out in 1:18 of round 1 (Great)

Aleksander Ivanov beat Fletcher Merman by TKO in 1:49 of round 1 (Great)

Attendance: 2,110 for a gate of $126,600

Viewers: 834,876 + 500,928 = 1,335,804

Show Rating: Poor

Commentary: Once again, the fans were looking forward to all the matches on the card, and the final result was a bad one. I have no idea what to do anymore. It seems there is no way to win.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm honestly on the verge of giving up on WMMA2. For UFC Fight Night 7, the main event was considered "good", the co-main event was considered "good", and both undercard matches were considered "popular", and every match on the card rated "Great", but I still got a "Poor" rating. Makes no sense whatsoever, and cost me a full 13 popularity points in America.

Another thing I hate is that people in the same fight camp refuse to fight each other, which is stupid. About ten people on my roster all decided to join the same training camp, including all of my top Middleweights, meaning I can't put on a good Middleweight match now without the title being on the line (which is every four months because of the long recovery periods). It makes no sense.

Makes no sense whatsoever. This game makes no sense. I'm having trouble playing it because everything is so random. No matter how good you play it, you always lose. The AI seems to play by a completely different set of rules, too, because they never lose more than a little popularity, and always gain a crapton of money, two things a player can't do. I'm getting a little sick of it.

August 2002 Performance: -$500,548

September 2002 Performance: +$14,132

Business

Extended Deal With:

H. M. Menzel

Lubos Plasil

Oscar Gomez

Sayoko Ebisawa

Naora Kikuchi

Dominic Ash

Henrietta Stein

Hired:

John Rivero

Released:

UFC 43 CARD

(Main Event)

UFC Heavyweight Title Bout

"The Big Show" Sylvester Collins (12-1) v Eien "Sumo" Kawano (8-0-1)

UFC Lightweight Title Bout

"Dangerous" David Allen (18-5) v Philip "Kid" Ziskie (18-2)

Middleweight Bout

"The Soldier of Fortune" Thomas Smith (14-6) v Kendall "The Gambler" Tracey (15-4)

Cruiserweight Bout

"The Wolverine" Harvey Loeb (7-4) v "The Big Dog" Linfield Ballard (26-12)

Welterweight Bout

Todd "Bruiser" D'Abruzzo (8-3) v Thiago Ceni (20-15)

Women's Heavyweight Bout

"Silent But Deadly" Haley Croft (16-5) v "The Phenom" Sayoko Ebisawa (16-3)

Women's Lightweight Bout

"The Queen" Thelma Boone (7-1) v "The Random" June Terkay (8-1)

Prelim Bouts

Women's Lightweight: Anna Thompson v Maria Ferraz

Women's Heavyweight: Temperance McCoy v Honey Due

Lightweight: Masahiro Maeno v Aaron McBroom

Welterweight: Rich Robinson v Cooper Richardson

<p>(Main Event)</p><p>

UFC Heavyweight Title Bout</p><p>

"The Big Show" Sylvester Collins (12-1) v <strong>Eien "Sumo" Kawano </strong>(8-0-1)</p><p> </p><p>

UFC Lightweight Title Bout</p><p>

"Dangerous" David Allen (18-5) v <strong>Philip "Kid" Ziskie</strong> (18-2)</p><p> </p><p>

Middleweight Bout</p><p>

"The Soldier of Fortune" Thomas Smith (14-6) v <strong>Kendall "The Gambler" Tracey </strong>(15-4)</p><p> </p><p>

Cruiserweight Bout</p><p>

"The Wolverine" Harvey Loeb (7-4) v <strong>"The Big Dog" Linfield Ballard</strong> (26-12)</p><p> </p><p>

Welterweight Bout</p><p>

Todd "Bruiser" D'Abruzzo (8-3) v <strong>Thiago Ceni </strong>(20-15)</p><p> </p><p>

Women's Heavyweight Bout</p><p>

<strong>"Silent But Deadly" Haley Croft </strong>(16-5) v "The Phenom" Sayoko Ebisawa (16-3)</p><p> </p><p>

Women's Lightweight Bout</p><p>

"The Queen" Thelma Boone (7-1) v <strong>"The Random" June Terkay </strong>(8-1)</p><p> </p><p>

Prelim Bouts</p><p>

Women's Lightweight:<strong> Anna Thompson</strong> v Maria Ferraz</p><p>

Women's Heavyweight: <strong>Temperance McCoy</strong> v Honey Due</p><p>

Lightweight: Masahiro Maeno v <strong>Aaron McBroom</strong></p><p>

Welterweight: <strong>Rich Robinson</strong> v Cooper Richardson</p>

UFC 43: Ultimate Brazil

Saturday of Week 4, October 2002

From Brazil

(Prelim) Maria Ferraz beat Anna Thompson by TKO in 3:24 of round 2 (Great)

(Prelim) Masahiro Maeno beat Aaron McBroom by Submission in 2:50 of round 1 (Fantastic)

(Prelim) Rich Wobinson beat Cooper Richardson by TKO in 2:32 of round 2 (Good)

(Prelim) Honey Due beat Temperance McCoy by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Good)

June Terkay beat Thelma Boone by Submission in 3:41 of round 2 (Decent)

Sayoko Ebisawa beat Haley Croft by TKO in 3:20 of round 2 (Decent)

Todd D'Abruzzo beat Thiago Ceni by TKO in 1:28 of round 1 (Great)

Linfield Ballard beat Harvey Loeb by KNock Out in 3:09 of round 2 (Good)

Kendall Tracey beat Thomas Smith by TKO in 2:20 of round 3 (Good)

Philip Ziskie beat David Allen by Submission in 0:54 of round 4 to retain the UFC Lightweight title (Fantastic)

Sylvester Collins beat Eien Kawano by TKO in 2:38 of round 3 to win the UFC Heavyweight title (Great)

Attendance: 1,039 for a gate of $41,560

Pay-Per-View: 63,594 buys for revenue of $254,376

Show Rating: Fantastic

Commentary: Well, I finally had a good show, yet there were still very few pay-per-view buys. I can not figure it out. It is almost as if our venue dictates how many pay-per-view buys we get. Nothing makes sense anymore, and I have no idea how to pull the promotion out of the gutter. I feel this may be the beginning of the end. At the next big show, Thea Higgins and William Harrison are both moving up weight classes and challenging to become double champions! That should put butts in the seats!

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC Fight Night 8</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Friday of Week 3, November 2002</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

From Nevada</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

(Prelim) Mark Bicknell beat Bill Cumming by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Very Poor)</p><p>

(Prelim) Spencer Rubenstein beat Danny Akabaro by Submission in 4:17 of round 1 (Great)</p><p> </p><p>

Kazezane Fujii beat Wilson Franklyn by Submission in 4:05 of round 1 (Great)</p><p>

Marlon John beat Elgar by TKO in 0:39 of round 1 (Great)</p><p> </p><p>

Shane Gilchrist beat Christopher Sharp by Submission in 4:14 of round 1 (Good)</p><p>

Bill Brown beat Alan Kendall by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Average)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Attendance: 3,218 for a gate of $193,080</p><p>

Viewers: 1,212,720 + 727,632 = 1,940,352</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show Rating: Great</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Commentary: Apparently the fans like me again. This is too difficult to keep up with. It is all up and down over and over.</em></p>

<p><strong>October 2002 Performance:</strong> -$421,634</p><p>

<strong>November 2002 Performance:</strong> +$93,357</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Business</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Extended Deal With:</span></p><p>

Tuck Durdell</p><p>

Eien Kawano</p><p>

Trish Biel</p><p>

Manuel Silva</p><p>

Ray Eton</p><p>

Don Norman</p><p>

Spencer Rubenstein</p><p>

Esteban Vega</p><p>

Danny Akabaro</p><p>

Clare Peyton</p><p>

Cooper Richardson</p><p>

Gina Dixon</p><p>

Junko Yamada</p><p>

Wyatt Ashur</p><p>

Brady Crawford</p><p>

Harvey Loeb</p><p>

Justin Brannagh</p><p>

Elizabeth Lindley</p><p>

Alekos Karabatsos</p><p>

Logan Sky</p><p>

Hunter Scribbins</p><p>

Nina Belle</p><p>

Masahiro Maeno</p><p>

Zane Wybock</p><p>

Sophan Sastrowardoya</p><p>

Tim Oldacres</p><p>

Toni Dietrich</p><p>

Kyle Sagal</p><p>

Maria Ferraz</p><p>

Honey Due</p><p>

Moss Gilbert</p><p>

Verona Joseph</p><p>

Wilson Franklyn</p><p>

June Terkay</p><p>

Alyson Arroway</p><p>

Affonso Villar</p><p>

Nate MacReary</p><p>

Bosco Curbeam</p><p>

Nathan Chambers</p><p>

Todd D'Abruzzo</p><p>

Damien Jones</p><p>

Ruth Becker</p><p>

Lukáš Kozlowski</p><p>

Gareth Grundy</p><p>

Juozas Skerla</p><p>

Adrian Swall</p><p>

Jocelyn Hescott</p><p>

Soren Jellyman</p><p>

Rory McEnterry</p><p>

Mark Bicknell</p><p>

Joshua Hope</p><p>

Christine Jameson</p><p>

Anna Thompson</p><p>

Rich Robinson</p><p>

Leslie Myers</p><p>

Joan Whitehouse</p><p>

Marlon John</p><p>

Reginald Grunge</p><p>

Kanezane Fujii</p><p>

Log Drake</p><p>

Li-Kong Ho</p><p>

Bill Cumming</p><p>

Teeratep Nutnum</p><p>

Rupert Dreck</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Hired:</span></p><p>

Hassan Fezzik</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Released:</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:24px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC 44 CARD</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>(Main Event)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><em>UFC Women's Heavyweight Title Bout</em></strong></p><p><strong>

"Deadly T." Thea Higgins (17-0) v "Hellcat" Lindsey Lewis (11-1)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>UFC Cruiserweight Title Bout</em></p><p>

"Major Damage" William Harrison (12-1) v "The Green Machine" Rupert Dreck (15-1)</p><p> </p><p>

Lightweight Bout</p><p>

H. M. Menzel (18-8) v Sammy "The Stealth Shark" Gaffigan (20-4)</p><p> </p><p>

Heavyweight Bout</p><p>

Brady Crawford (8-6) v "The Pit Bull" Rick Stanley (23-13-3)</p><p> </p><p>

Middleweight Bout</p><p>

Spencer "The Reaper" Rubenstein (3-1) v "The Human Takedown Machine" Drew Jenks (11-5)</p><p> </p><p>

Toni Dietrich (4-3) v Tara "The Heat" O'Brien (9-4)</p><p> </p><p>

Welterweight Bout</p><p>

"The Flying V" Esteban Vega (5-0) v "The Super Animal" Noach Van Der Capellen (17-8)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Prelim Bouts</em></p><p>

Heavyweight: Gareth Grundy v Damien Jones</p><p>

Women's Lightweight: Christine Jameson v Clare Peyton</p><p>

Women's Heavyweight: Gina Dixon v Emma Birch</p><p>

Lightweight: Tim Oldacres v Bosco Curbeam</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<em>Breaking News: The UFC has just announced the signing of the greatest fighter in the world, Hassan Fezzik. It is being said that he was given the most lucrative contract in all of mixed martial arts, and that the deal has set the UFC back quite a bit financially. As such, the next supercard where the champions will collide, with UFC Women's Lightweight Champion Thea Higgins challenging for the UFC Women's Heavyweight title held by Lindsey Lewis and UFC Middleweight Champion William Harrison challenging for the UFC Cruiserweight title held by Rupert Dreck, will be a make-or-break event for the UFC as it teeters on the verge of bankruptcy. The world will soon know if Jennifer Avatar's boldest move yet is pure genius or the breaking point. As such, the next event may well be the UFC's final event as it attempts to go out in a blaze of glory.</em></p>

<p><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC 44: Defense of the Belts</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Saturday of Week 4, December 2002</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

(Prelim) Clare Peyton beat Christine Jameson by TKO in 2:36 of round 1 (Fantastic)</p><p>

(Prelim) Bosco Curbeam beat Tim Oldacres by Submission in 3:37 of round 2 (Fantastic)</p><p>

(Prelim) Gina Dixon beat Emma Birch by TKO in 1:07 of round 2 (Great)</p><p>

(Prelim) Damien Jones beat Gareth Grundy by Knock Out in 4:07 of round 1 (Great)</p><p> </p><p>

Esteban Vega beat Noach Van Der Capellen by TKO in 4:03 of round 2 (Decent)</p><p>

Tara O'Brien beat Toni Dietrich by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Good)</p><p>

Spencer Rubenstein beat Drew Jenks by TKO in 0:28 of round 1 (Great)</p><p>

Brady Crawford beat Rick Stanley by Submission in 3:16 of round 1 (Great)</p><p>

Sammy Gaffigan beat H.M. Menzel by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Good)</p><p> </p><p>

William Harrison beat Rupert Dreck by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 5 to win the UFC Cruiserweight title (Decent)</p><p>

Lindsey Lewis beat Thea Higgins by Submission in 3:54 of round 2 to retain the UFC Women's Heavyweight title (Good)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Attendance: 9,263 for a gate of $555,780</p><p>

Pay-Per-View: 442,680 buys for revenue of $1,770,720</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show Rating: Excellent</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Commentary: The show was a smashing success, and though it did not pull us out of the red, it at least bought us some more time. Now that we are once again International, it is time for the world to sit up and take notice. The UFC is not going down without a fight, and it is the place where the best fighters in the world gather. As for the actual matches, it was nice seeing Lindsey Lewis finally overcome all obstacles to become the undisputed top female fighter in the world. Meanwhile, William Harrison became a double champion by dethroning Rupert Dreck, who had been undefeared until now as UFC Cruiserweight Champion. It was a stunning night to be certain.</em></p>

<p>End Of Year Awards For 2002</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Fighter Of The Year:</strong> William Harrison</p><p>

<strong>Female Fighter Of The Year:</strong> Lindsey Lewis</p><p>

<strong>Rise Of The Year:</strong> Ryuji Ganaha</p><p>

<strong>Fall Of The Year:</strong> Pete Shilton</p><p>

<strong>Promotion Of The Year:</strong> ALPHA-1</p><p>

<strong>Team Of The Year:</strong> American Cage Fighters</p><p>

<strong>Show Of The Year:</strong> SIGMA: Bernacci vs. Stiles (SIGMA, March 2002)</p><p>

<strong>Fight Of The Year:</strong> Fumiaki Hayashi vs. Atep of Indonesia (ALPHA-1, April 2002)</p><p>

<strong>Worst Fight Of The Year:</strong> Tomi Nishimura vs. Yoko Kobayashi (Independent, August 2002)</p><p>

<strong>Knock Out Of The Year:</strong> Rav Kapur vs. Kunimichi Kikuchi (ALPHA-1, May 2002)</p><p>

<strong>Submission Of The Year:</strong> Piotr Dabrowski vs. Kafu Bunya (ALPHA-1, October 2002)</p><p>

<strong>Main Event Of The Year:</strong> Fumiaki Hayashi vs. Atep of Indonesia (ALPHA-1, April 2002)</p><p>

<strong>Upset Of The Year:</strong> Nuno Valentino defeats Colm Dee (SIGMA, March 2002)</p>

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC Fight Night 9</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Friday of Week 3, January 2003</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

(Prelim) Mark Bicknell beat Bill Cumming by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Very Poor)</p><p>

(Prelim) Spencer Rubenstein beat Danny Akabaro by Submission in 4:17 of round 1 (Great)</p><p> </p><p>

Kazezane Fujii beat Wilson Franklyn by Submission in 4:05 of round 1 (Great)</p><p>

Marlon John beat Elgar by TKO in 0:39 of round 1 (Great)</p><p> </p><p>

Shane Gilchrist beat Christopher Sharp by Submission in 4:14 of round 1 (Good)</p><p>

Bill Brown beat Alan Kendall by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Average)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Attendance: 3,928 for a gate of $294,600</p><p>

Viewers: 1,533,000 + 919,800 = 2,452,800</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show Rating: Excellent</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Commentary: Things are finally looking up. Perhaps, after February, we will be operating in the black once more. That is, until I have a match featuring Raul Hughes or Hassan Fezzik, heh.</em></p>

<p><strong>December 2002 Performance:</strong> +$36,925</p><p>

<strong>January 2003 Performance:</strong> -$162,532</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Business</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Extended Deal With:</span></p><p>

Chuck Dooley</p><p>

Callum Henson</p><p>

Frank Sheedy</p><p>

April Watson</p><p>

Sammy Gaffigan</p><p>

Truck Gleeson</p><p>

Jenny DeNeuve</p><p>

Kurt McDonald</p><p>

Kadonomaro Deguchi</p><p>

Jack Humphreys</p><p>

Carl Ratcliffe</p><p>

Ikuhisa Tamura</p><p>

Lazaro Campos</p><p>

Shuler Eigenberg</p><p>

Laura Adair</p><p>

Kendall Tracey</p><p>

Thomas Smith</p><p>

Ethan Sutton</p><p>

Anderson Desailly</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Hired:</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Released:</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Television:</span></p><p>

Sign Deal With Euro Cable Sports 1</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:24px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC 45 CARD</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>(Main Event)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><em>UFC Heavyweight Title Bout</em></strong></p><p><strong>

"The Great Bear" Aleksander Ivanov (11-1) v "The Big Show" Sylvester Collins (13-1)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Cruiserweight Bout</p><p>

Anthony "Live Wire" LeToussier (16-8) v Affonso "The Cyborg" Villar (5-0)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>UFC Welterweight Title Bout</em></p><p>

Bill "The Marine" Brown (10-2) v "The Savage" Datuk Ong Ka Ting (12-3)</p><p> </p><p>

"The Blonde Bombshell" April Watson (10-4) v "Lost Innocence" Leslie Myers (7-1)</p><p> </p><p>

Middleweight Bout</p><p>

Marlon "The Punisher" John (5-0) v Spencer "The Reaper" Rubenstein (4-1)</p><p> </p><p>

Women's Heavyweight Bout</p><p>

Katherine "The Great" Williams (12-3) v "The Sao Paulo Express" Janinha (13-2)</p><p> </p><p>

Lightweight Bout</p><p>

Lukáš Kozlowski (6-0) v "Scorching" Shuler Eigenberg (14-6)</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Prelim Bouts</em></p><p>

Cruiserweight: Justin Brannagh v Soren Jellyman</p><p>

Heavyweight: Juozas Skerla v Wilson Franklyn</p><p>

Women's Lightweight: Anna Thompson v Jocelyn Hescott</p><p>

Women's Heavyweight: Verona Joseph v Honey Due</p>

<p><span style="font-size:24px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC 45: Supernatural</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Saturday of Week 4, February 2003</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

(Prelim) Anna Thompson beat Jocelyn Hescott by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Very Poor)</p><p>

(Prelim) Justin Brannagh beat Soren Jellyman by TKO in 0:26 of round 2 (Decent)</p><p>

(Prelim) Verona Joseph beat Honey Due by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Good)</p><p>

(Prelim) Wilson Franklyn beat Juozas Skerla by Knock Out in 3:14 of round 2 (Good)</p><p> </p><p>

Lukáš Kozlowski beat Shuler Eigenberg by Submission in 3:15 of round 1 (Great)</p><p>

Katherine Williams beat Janinha by Submission in 4:25 of round 1 (Good)</p><p>

Marlon John beat Spencer Rubenstein by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Good)</p><p>

Leslie Myers beat April Watson by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Poor)</p><p>

Bill Brown beat Datuk Ong Ka Ting by TKO in 0:21 of round 2 to win the UFC Welterweight title (Great)</p><p> </p><p>

Affonso Villar beat Anthony LeToussier by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Good)</p><p>

Aleksander Ivanov beat Sylvester Collins by Submission in 3:46 of round 5 to win the UFC Heavyweight title (Good)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Attendance: 6,898 for a gate of $517,350</p><p>

Pay-Per-View: 350,309 buys for revenue of $1,401,236</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show Rating: Very Poor</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Commentary: Things are swinging down once more. It gets tiring. At least we are once more operating in the black.</em></p>

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">UFC Fight Night 10</span></strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Friday of Week 3, March 2003</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

(Prelim) Rory McEnterry beat Masahiro Maeno by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Fantastic)</p><p>

(Prelim) Nathan Chambers beat Zane Wybock by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Decent)</p><p> </p><p>

Pamela O'Neill beat Sarah Vaughan by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Decent)</p><p>

June Terkay beat Jenny DeNeuve by TKO in 2:27 of round 1 (Fantastic)</p><p> </p><p>

Stuart Strange beat Kendall Tracey by Submission in 3:15 of round 1 (Great)</p><p>

Shane Gilchrist beat John Rivero by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Decent)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Attendance: 3,548 for a gate of $266,100</p><p>

Viewers: 1,426,434 + 2,282,286 + 855,858 = 4,564,578</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Show Rating: Great</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Commentary: I was able to make some small gains at least. Not bad at all. We are now Mid Level International, though not for long I imagine.</em></p>

February 2003 Performance: +$992,469

March 2003 Performance: -$262,303

Business

Extended Deal With:

Caca de Andrade

Carter Potter

Aleksander Ivanov

Xie Ming

Jeff Carlton

Bill Brown

Mizuki Watanabe

Alison Beattie

Arkan Gleiser

Pamela O'Neill

Mike Watson

Alan Kendall

Jordan Carpe

Elvis Milissis

Karen Curtis

Patrick Thomas

Phil Ball

Elgar

Jethro Munter

Aaron McBroom

David Allen

Thelma Boone

Hired:

Released:

Pay-Per-View:

Sign Deal With EuroNet

UFC 46 CARD

(Main Event)

UFC Women's Lightweight Title Bout

Tara "The Heat" O'Brien (10-4) v "Deadly T." Thea Higgins (17-1)

UFC Women's Heavyweight Title Bout

Laura "The Pissed Off Angel" Adair (8-1-1) v "Hellcat" Lindsey Lewis (12-1)

Lightweight Bout

Helio (27-5) v Lubos "The Experiment" Plasil (13-0)

Cruiserweight Bout

Adrian "The Missing Link" Swall (8-1) v Hiro Arai (15-2)

Welterweight Bout

Dominykas "Slamkovic" Jankovic (15-5) v "The Flying V" Esteban Vega (6-0)

Heavyweight Bout

Carter "The Kiwi" Potter (18-8) v "The Brixton Butcher" Stafford Alois (32-11)

Middleweight Bout

Alekos "Killer" Karabatsos (15-5) v "Brickhouse" Thorbjorn Rekdal (20-4)

Prelim Bouts

Middleweight: Hunter Scribbins v Thomas Smith

Cruiserweight: Nate MacReary v Log Drake

Heavyweight: Oscar Gomez v Kurt McDonald

Women's Lightweight: Maria Ferraz v Junko Yamada

UFC 46: Unfinished Business

Saturday of Week 4, April 2003

From Nevada

(Prelim) Maria Ferraz beat Junko Yamada by TKO in 3:25 of round 1 (Good)

(Prelim) Hunter Scribbins beat Thomas Smith by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Average)

(Prelim) Nate MacReary beat Log Drake by TKO in 1:47 of round 1 (Great)

(Prelim) Kurt McDonald beat Oscar Gomez by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Poor)

Alekos Karabatsos beat Thorbjorn Rekdal by TKO in 3:30 of round 2 (Great)

Stafford Alois beat Carter Potter by TKO in 4:44 of round 1 (Great)

Esteban Vega beat Dominykas Jankovic by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Average)

Hiro Arai beat Adrian Swall by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Poor)

Lubos Plasil beat Helio by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Poor)

Lindsey Lewis beat Laura Adair by Submission in 4:17 of round 1 to retain the UFC Women's Heavyweight title (Great)

Thea Higgins beat Tara O'Brien by Submission in 4:03 of round 1 to retain the UFC Women's Lightweight title (Great)

Attendance: 11,462 for a gate of $916,960

Pay-Per-View: 846,101 buys for revenue of $3,384,404

Show Rating: Awful

Commentary: Well, at least we made a ton of money. That should pay the bills!

Good job so far on this. The ups-and-downs have provided much humor to me (as a reader) but I'm sure that once I encounter the same thing it won't be as much fun. By the way, did you add the 175 through the editor, before the game? I can't imagine how long (and expensive the signing bonuses would get) doing it legit.

UFC Fight Night 11

Friday of Week 3, May 2003

From Nevada

(Prelim) Trish Biel beat Henrietta Stein by Submission in 4:43 of round 2 (Good)

(Prelim) Kyle Sagal beat Aaron McBroom by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Average)

June Terkay beat Alyson Arroway by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Decent)

Romi Takahashi beat Karen Curtis by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Decent)

Jonathan Huang beat Jack Humphreys by Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3 (Decent)

Ken Peters beat Marlon John by Submission in 2:05 of round 1 (Fantastic)

Attendance: 4,553 for a gate of $341,475

Viewers: 1,535,094 + 2,456,142 + 921,054 = 4,912,290

Show Rating: Excellent

Commentary: It seems my television show is now my primary way of gaining popularity at this point. It works for me.

Good job so far on this. The ups-and-downs have provided much humor to me (as a reader) but I'm sure that once I encounter the same thing it won't be as much fun. By the way, did you add the 175 through the editor, before the game? I can't imagine how long (and expensive the signing bonuses would get) doing it legit.

I actually hired the initial 175 during the game legitimately. It took absolutely forever. I was spending literally hours searching for fighters and then signing them. It took almost all of my initial $500,000 to sign them all. I am really shocked to have made it this far to be perfectly honest.

April 2003 Performance: +$3,297,308

May 2003 Performance: -$399,085

Business

Extended Deal With:

Jonathan Huang

Dominykas Jankovic

Datuk Ong Ka Ting

Tobias Goulet

Shane Gilchrist

Hiro Arai

Souleymane Ya Konan

Mal Phe Roby

Hired:

Ashley Ballard

Osmosis Benn

Christian Mountfield

JJ Reid

Leonardo da Costa

Roberto Aldez

Luke Hilton

Marvin Stevens

Daniel Hornsby

Niko Soldo

Mugur Boc

Murilo Satinho

Released:

Aaron McBroom

Danny Akabaro

Drew Jenks

Julio Gutierraz

Joshua Hope

Ray Eton

Reginald Grunge

Soren Jellyman

Harvey Loeb

Damien Jones

Frank Analysis

Juozas Skerla

Television:

Sign Deal With Canadian I-Broadcasting

Other News:

Adrian Swall failed a post-fight drug test after UFC 46: Unfinished Business and is now suspended for one year.

Bill Cumming has announced his retirement.

UFC 47 CARD

(Main Event)

Cruiserweight Bout

Affonso "The Cyborg" Villar (6-0) v "The Demolition Expert" Raul Hughes (20-3)

UFC Middleweight Title Bout

"The Calgary Assassin" Mike Watson (16-2) v "Major Damage" William Harrison (13-1)

Heavyweight Bout

Jeff "The Rock" Carlton (35-12-1) v "The Urban Cowboy" Steve Mason (13-3)

Women's Lightweight Bout

"The Electrifying" Jenny DeNeuve (10-4) v "The Blonde Bombshell" April Watson (10-5)

Women's Heavyweight Bout

Mizuki "The She-Wolf" Watanabe (13-3) v Layla "The Slayer" Holmes (13-4)

Welterweight Bout

"The Talented" Sutton Ripley (20-4) v "The Super Animal" Noach Van Der Capellen (17-9)

Lightweight Bout

Caca "Ninja" de Andrade (22-6) v Rafael "Slick" Tavares (19-4)

Prelim Bouts

Welterweight: Phil Ball v Rich Robinson

Middleweight: Ethan Sutton v Patrick Thomas

Cruiserweight: Tobias Goulet v Logan Sky

Heavyweight: Wilson Franklyn v Chuck Dooley

Archived