The advantage/disadvantage of show length

Three shows a week means twelve chances a month to win your regional/national battle. Also, popularity gain will potentially be quicker/more widespread.

However, without a brand split, your stars will expect to appaer on almost every show, which could get expensive.

It's also a potential problem to produce a high quality three hour show - although any number of diaries will show that the first match and last two carry the bulk of the weight - a certain amount of fluff is acceptable.

However, one three hour show should be enough to keep most people happy, and would likely be cheaper to run as well.

I think it would be hard to use all the people you would need to use on a one hour show. If you don't use every main eventer on all the shows they start to get upset soon. Upper mid card guys need to be used atleast every other show and down from there.

I think it might be better to use one big show then three small ones. No one will get upset, you can produce quality shows and you can't do anything other then small shows i believe with only one hour. I think you would get more people and better popularity with one huge/big show then three small ones.

If you have written contracts, spam as many shows as long as you like - you still have to book them, but the chance to improve your workers' skills is well worth it.

Just try and avoid overexposure in any one region - more than twice a month (Monday, Wk 1 - Sunday, Wk 4) seems to be the rule for overexposure, but that's just my observation. I know I ran three shows in one region last month and the last got the highest. I may have hit a popularity trip, however, that caused the attendance boost.

I think it would be hard to use all the people you would need to use on a one hour show. If you don't use every main eventer on all the shows they start to get upset soon. Upper mid card guys need to be used atleast every other show and down from there.

I think it might be better to use one big show then three small ones. No one will get upset, you can produce quality shows and you can't do anything other then small shows i believe with only one hour. I think you would get more people and better popularity with one huge/big show then three small ones.

Good point on the second one - one hour shows can only be Small shows.

As for the first point, Main Eventers will expect to appear (not necessarily wrestle) every second show, UMCs every third show and so on.

Eventually they may start to expect to wrestle, but I've never come across that - I tend to have anyone who appears wrestle in at least one match if they're active.

Run as many shows that you can humanly have without losing money. Popularity gains (as far as I can tell) are not effected by the size of the annual event, only the amount of people that show up.

Here is what I would consider the perfect setup for events up till the point you can sign a TV deal with National Pride TV.

Local: One small 60 minute show per month

Small: One medium 90 minute show per month till you are around 25% in your home region. Then run two per month till you hit regional.

Regional: Two medium 90-120 minute shows till you hit 42% (?) in you're home region to cause spillover. Once the spillover happens you should be running two additional small 60 minute shows in the spillover regions (in America) as well as the two medium shows in your home region. For the small shows I would try for the D- to D range for all your shows and would pick up some extra enhancement talent that would be used primarily for the opening matches on those shows. I'd also highly recommend going to 2 hour shows, if you already haven't, to make sure you have enough time to use your main eventers. Finally, I would schedule the shows in between your home regional shows with the home region shows happening on week one and week three.

I should probably expand the explanation and make some sort of a primer to running a small company. :p

For local...if you're stupid and set mainstream to low and cult to high, you might have to hold shows every other month to avoid going bankrupt :D

I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure I could make it work. For one I wouldn't hire anyone who would demand travelling expenses and might even only have two aces ($500ish guys with F+ to E- pop) on the roster instead of my usual four aces strategy.

Archived