Evolving Storyline Scenario

I guess this is a game mechanics question. I have a question on how to keep my storyline heat and whether or when I should evolve a storyline. Here is my scenario I have Hulk Hogan (face), Andre (heel), Randy Savage (heel/face), Vader (heel), and Jimmy Hart. Leading up to my first PPV it was Savage vs Hogan (champ). Savage one when Andre interfered and put Hogan out. I then turned Savage at the next show (face) after he fired Jimmy Hart. Hart had already brought in Vader as bodyguard/monster. So I had both Andre and Vader attack Savage. Which will lead to my 2nd PPV Savage vs Andre with Hogan returning to help Savage. Then in my 3rd PPV I want Savage vs Vader (his contract will be up) and Hogan vs Andre.

So my storyline is unchained and it started with just Savage and Hogan playing major parts and then I added Andre and Vader as supporting roles. I evolved it right after the first PPV to make all 4 of them as major. The question is should I spin off the Andre/Hogan feud (before/after/not at all) based on the 2nd PPV of Hogan interfering in the Savage/Andre match? I am not sure if I can maintain the heat with them all for 2 more PPVs and if I spin it off I want Andre/Hogan to be hot. I was not completely sure if I timed the evolve correctly the first time, the heat remained and it has gone up but I wonder if I should have evolved Andre to major before the first PPV.

Whenever you evolve a storyline, it will ALWAYS have the same Heat as it did before the evolution. Always.

With stars of that calibur, it won't be difficult at all to have both storylines carrying lots of heat, indefinitely. Just make sure that the first segment of a story (whether evolved or not) gets a high rating (use any one of them in an Overness angle, or Hogan/Savage in an Entertainment, etc.). That way, your stories will always get off to a hot start. It's a lot easier to start with high heat, and maintain it, then to build it up from a slow start.

Or, you could always just make a 4-person storyline, involving all four of the big guys in major roles. That way, if one of them is going through a rough patch, the other can bring it up.

Archived