Who is in your Syndicate?

This is for all you long-term TCW players, I am in November in my game and my Syndicate stable looks like this:

Tommy Cornell

Sam Keith (retired, acts as manager)

Rocky Golden

Brent Hill and Bryan Holmes (teaming as 2.0)

I am strongly considering adding newly inked Dan Stone Jr. to the mix, but haven't made up my mind.

What does your Syndicate look like?

At their hight of power:

Cornell: World champ contender

Keith: Experience

Hawkins: International contender

Machines: Tag team contenders

Peak: Hard Hittig contender and loose cannon (midcard Middleweight and higher belt sorta contra Cruiserbelt.)

Edit: Forgot Troy Tornado as Cruiser contender

Anti Syndicate

RDJ: World contender

Minnesota: International contender

New Wave: Tag contender

Law: Hard Hitting contender

Bach: Cruiser contender.

Edit: Baine: Their loose cannon and veteran.

Something like that the roles vary off course as well as members but those are the core dudes.

In my last TCW game:

Tommy Cornell

Eric Tyler (Replaced Keith)

The Machines

Edd Stone

American Buffalo

I was really happy with the storyline I ran regarding Keith being replaced...

Basically, Keith was locked in a feud with RDJ. Keith won the first in a epic battle. RDJ offered his hand as a sign of respect and Keith eventually declined. The next week RDJ challenged the veteran to a rematch which Keith accepted. This time, it was RDJ who won. Again, RDJ offered to shake his hand. Keith almost did but at the last minute opted out. The rest of The Syndicate were annoyed that he even considered the idea.

Elsewhere, Cornell needed an opponent for Malice In Wonderland. Coming off the back of a big win over Keith, RDJ steps forward. Cornell tells him he needs to earn his shot and puts him in a match with Keith. They have the best match of the three (it was an A* if I recall correctly) and Keith offers to shake RDJ's hand and they both shake. At Malice In Wonderland, Cornell goes over RDJ cleanly. The rest of The Syndicate come to the ring. They all celebrate but Cornell, The Machines and Hawkins turn on Keith and attack him. On the next Total Wrestling, Cornell tells Keith he has been replaced. Keith comes out but is attacked from behind by his replacement, Eric Tyler. This saw the start of my Cornell/Keith feud.

Stone was added after beating Bach for the All Action title. The Syndicate wanted to hold every TCW title and tried to get Bach to join them. He refused so they turned to Edd Stone and helped him win the All Action title.

Buffalo was recruited for extra muscle and to help keep Tyson Baine at arms length.

Rocky Golden (Leader)

Primus Allen (Monster)

The Machines (Enforcers)

Charles Avatar (Up-and-comer)

What happened was, at the beginning of my game, Tommy lost the title to RDJ, and couldn't win it back. Wolf managed to win it instead, so we had a classic Orton/Evolution situation.

Rocky Golden turned in early 2009, and took Wolf's place. Tommy consistently failed to win the title back from Wolf (who had beaten a number of top contenders, before Tommy tried for the title again), so Rocky introduced Primus as the new member of the Sydicate, and they beat Tommy down.

Total Mayhem 2009 had a triple threat main event, between Wolf, Tommy and Rocky. Rocky won, and became the new WHC. He feuded with Wolf, while Tommy was busy with newcomer Sean McFly, who were main-eventing in face vs face matches, to determine who is the best (it's currently a tie). Tommy eventually got the title back, in a Russian Roulette (Elimination Chamber) match, which kicked off a new feud with Golden. I traditionally treat War To Settle The Score as Survivor Series. Team Nemesis (Who has been Commissioner since mid-'08) had five members, but the Syndicate was short one. Charles Avatar had been jobbing for two years straight, but had somehow held upper-midcard status. He joined the Syndicate for the 5 vs 5, after a long speech about being held down because he had too much stroke backstage, and he was tired of it.

I only just recently got back into my TCW game, I'm really enjoying it.

Tommy Cornell

Louis Figo Manico

Eddie Cornell

Art Reed and Joel Bryant (as The Pure Shooters)

I didn't break up The Syndicate like most others do. Sam Keith was the first out...first, he beat Troy Tornado (who was reunited with Painful Procedure) in a match where the loser had to leave their respective group. Painful Procedure replaced Troy Tornado with new signee Jack Bruce, and Bruce beat Keith in a match with the same stipulations. Keith turned on Cornell after he said he was glad Keith was gone. That lead to a WarGames match at The War To Settle The Score, and Keith's team of faces between Cornell's Syndicate. On the next TV show, Tommy and Wolf turned on the Machines after

they lost the tag team titles and then Tommy turned on Wolf after he lost the International title. Rather than a Tommy vs. Wolf fued, I had Wolf become desperate to get back in The Syndicate and continually try (and fail) to impress his mentor.

The next week, Tommy introduced The Syndicate 2.0. Louis Figo Manico was billed as his mentor growing up in Europe, and of course Eddie Cornell is his cousin. Reed and Bryant had been together for a year and finally had enough experience to get a solid push, so they were brought in too. Eddie's spot was originally designed for Aaron Andrews, but he left a few months prior because I'd had to discipline him so many times.

This was kind an experiment for me, to see how fast I can get two nobodies to a decent level of popularity. Plus it was never going to last long, the complete failure of his second attempt at The Syndicate is eventually going to lead to Tommy giving up on the idea altogether and turning face, perhaps reuniting with Sam Keith (if he hasn't retired yet, he's already 10 years past his prime) and forming a face version of The Syndicate.

Rocky Golden (Leader)

Primus Allen (Monster)

The Machines (Enforcers)

Charles Avatar (Up-and-comer)

What happened was, at the beginning of my game, Tommy lost the title to RDJ, and couldn't win it back. Wolf managed to win it instead, so we had a classic Orton/Evolution situation.

Rocky Golden turned in early 2009, and took Wolf's place. Tommy consistently failed to win the title back from Wolf (who had beaten a number of top contenders, before Tommy tried for the title again), so Rocky introduced Primus as the new member of the Sydicate, and they beat Tommy down.

Total Mayhem 2009 had a triple threat main event, between Wolf, Tommy and Rocky. Rocky won, and became the new WHC. He feuded with Wolf, while Tommy was busy with newcomer Sean McFly, who were main-eventing in face vs face matches, to determine who is the best (it's currently a tie). Tommy eventually got the title back, in a Russian Roulette (Elimination Chamber) match, which kicked off a new feud with Golden. I traditionally treat War To Settle The Score as Survivor Series. Team Nemesis (Who has been Commissioner since mid-'08) had five members, but the Syndicate was short one. Charles Avatar had been jobbing for two years straight, but had somehow held upper-midcard status. He joined the Syndicate for the 5 vs 5, after a long speech about being held down because he had too much stroke backstage, and he was tired of it.

I only just recently got back into my TCW game, I'm really enjoying it.

Would love to see a dynasty of this, as I'm a fan of your writing.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Chosen One" data-cite="The Chosen One" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24078" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>HOW does Nobody have Champagne Lover in their Syndicate?<p> </p><p> He's perfect</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In as much as he's a bland stat-king?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nedew" data-cite="Nedew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24078" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In as much as he's a bland stat-king?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh, I don't know, I like "De Lover". </p><p> </p><p> I look at him as a kind of Latino Rick Rude.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Champagne Lust is a great as a Suave Latin Womanizer with a Horrible Horrible Temper... Honestly Latino Heat turned ALLLLLL The way up with a lot less comedy.

All you gotta do is change his picture to the alternate one with him in the leather jacket and you really can get into the character... Lust is the most OVER Guy in the world in my game with A* in USA, Mexico & Canada... And He's never even been anything more than Tag Team Champion

Archived