I'm playing as XCC, I'm in 2002 and I'm having a blast with the game. It's the longest game I've played so far and I'm still heavily invested in it (yeah, I'm slow, I know). I just want a little advice as where to go from here.

I'm ranked 3rd in the world. GAMMA is number 1 and doing very well. ALPHA 1 is number 2 and SIGMA is 4. KDM FC , WEFF and BCF are gone, CCC and TOP have opened.

After some shrewd business decisions, (not letting Manuel Siva fight a match until I can sign him exclusively) I'm now low level National. My popularity is hovering around 20 but I'm OK with that for now. I have a TV Show and PPV deal which is making me good money.

I've expanded to a Welterweight division, because in my mind, Welterweights are small enough to fight with XCC. My question is, should I slowly expand to Middle, Light Heavy and Heavyweights and begin my slow plan to overtake GAMMA, or should I stick with the lower weights?

In other words, should I stick with XCC's mission statement or should I slowly evolve XCC as a competitor to GAMMA?

Do whatever you want to do - that's the point of the game.

Personally, I prefer the smaller weight classes in real life, so I like the XCC (although, I always rid them of the female division).

If you like heavier classes, then go for it. I'm sure it can't hurt at all. You can just use them for a while to fill the undercard or prelims.

I'm up to third in the world with XCC, and I actually prefer to stick with their standard weight classes. That way I can build my popularity without having to worry about most of my fighters being pilfered by the larger companies.

In my longest XCC game, I expanded to 5 weight divisions: men's feather-, light-, and welterweight and women's fly- and bantamweight. That way I felt like I had enough titles and divisions to expand to international size but I didn't necessarily have to end up dominating the entire world and not leaving enough fighters for other companies to prosper as well. I thought it worked out well and made for an interesting game world as a lot of promotions did manage to survive and even thrive. GAMMA and I were both able to hit international level and maintain it, while ALPHA-1 dropped back to the clear #3 promotion, hanging around mid level national. KDM-FC and WEFF couldn't compete with me, but I bought both of them so they stuck around as well to serve as developmental leagues. BCF died and SIGMA is in trouble in, I think, 2003--but HILITE and SAMA have both opened--so there are still a lot of shows being put on and a lot of opportunity for fighters to get work and develop.

When I play as the XCC I always add up to the Light Heavyweight division because I see the XCC being the WEC before the UFC took away their higher weight classes. But like everyone else says, do what you want it is your game and at the end of the day you have to do what what will make the game enjoyable to you.

Archived