Napier v Garner

Im approaching 2002 with GAMMA and ive got Napier at 20-0, and Garner at 18-0, there ranked 1 and 2 in the middleweight division, so i know i have 2 book the fight, but i really dont wanna break there perfect records! Anyone else had this dilemma and did you book the fight?

It could still end in a draw!

I've only played with WEFF, and they don't start off with anyone quite like that. My first few shows I try to put on the best possible matches (even if undefeated streaks must end) to later build up to BETTER fights.

If I were you, I'd wait until a major PPV (i.e. UFC 100, or whatever the equivalent for you would be) and as Chris said, make that the focus of it.

Better for one of them to lose to the other than fighting a tomato can and losing then. All that potential...gone.

GAMMA 100 will be 2 years and 3 months from now, that means they will fight maybe another 5 times each in total, there still in there prime so should be able 2 keep up there streaks, i may even drop one of them down to welterweight because reguiero has seen better days, his main challenger is Chad Zoff but i cant see him ruling the division no matter how much ive built him up.

I didn't mean wait for 100. But if you have enough compelling match ups, when's the next multiple of ten (GAMMA 70/80/90 or whatever is closest). With my limited experience, having just started my game, I have both my belts defended in high profile match ups every 10 events (starts at 20, then 30, etc). And I try to use the time in between to build the fights. I do plan on defending the belts in between, but only every ten would they both be defended.

What you say of dropping them in weight might work. But 5 fights (10 since it seems you're saying 5 EACH) is a bunch of fights where one might lose. What's the fan interest in the fight? Just check on the booking screen (you don't have to book it). If it's as good as it will get, why risk it?

I have ran this fight roughly ten times its usually the first fight I do in the middleweight title hunt. Not only does Buddy win every time, but he wins in the first round EVERY time.

Interesting. Napier won both matchups with Buddy in my game. Both long battles that ended in Napier catching him in a choke. One of the fights he was even awarded submission of the year from it. Other than Napier Buddy was pretty dominant.

Oh yeah, DO IT!

It can be a problem, I've been the same with not wanting to break fighters perfect records. But you just gotta do it. Not paying these guys to not fight the best. Once someone gets to international level there should be no easy fights at least in my eyes, high level competition and legitimacy is a good thing. Make the best match-ups you can, don't baby the highly skilled guys. They should be facing each other. Especially champions should be facing highly ranked contenders. Also if one of them loses, so what. Set up a rematch somewhere down the line, an exciting trilogy? The possibilties are endless, almost.

<p>I'd do it, those mega-matches only come along once in a while and it's worth building a mega-card around.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm into 2002 at the mo with GAMMA and I've had a super competitive MW division with Garner, Napier and JJ Reid hotpotatoing the belt, and Jonathan Huang having a streak after I signed him and winning as well. New big challenger looks to be Bill Brown, since Huang went to ALPHA-1 and I dropped Reid to Welter to cover for Reguerio who ALPHA-1 stole as well.</p><p> </p><p>

I've made SILLY profits, now up to a bank balance of 25million, so I don't think I'll be losing anyone else to ALPHA-1...mwahahahahahahahahaha</p>

The fight took place at GAMMA 78 in January 2002

Middleweight Championship

Neil Napier © [20-0] v Buddy Garner [18-0]

>It's time for the main event of the evening! 'The Islander' Neil Napier takes on Buddy Garner in the GAMMA Middleweight division.

>This contest is for the GAMMA Middleweight title.

>And here we go!

>Napier looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Garner.

>Garner seems happy to grapple with Napier.

>Using his wrestling skills, Napier is trying to push Garner up against the cage.

>Garner ends up backed against the cage.

>Garner is trapped against the cage and held there by Napier for roughly thirty seconds.

>Napier attempts to throw an elbow, but Garner tightens the clinch, preventing the blow from being launched.

>Napier attempts to use some close-range elbow strikes but Garner pulls the clinch tighter, making it impossible to launch them.

>Garner struggles back against Napier, not allowing him to control the grappling.

>Garner tries to slip on a guillotine choke, but can't quite hook it.

>With the fighters having been stuck against the cage for quite a while, the referee bringing them back to the center.

>We move into the second half of this round.

>Napier sneaks a glance at his corner.

>Garner steps in to put some pressure on.

>Garner chooses to shoot in on Napier.

>He has the takedown! Napier pulls guard.

>Garner starts trying to work to get past the guard.

>Garner isn't able to pass guard on this attempt.

>From his back, Napier manages to pull Garner toward the cage.

>Using the cage, Napier walks up, but cannot break the control of Garner.

>The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.

>With Napier stuck against the cage, Garner tries to complete a takedown.

>Garner has to struggle for it, but is eventually rewarded with the takedown.

>Garner begins trying to pass guard and get a better position.

>He can't quite manage to get past guard on this attempt.

>Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.

>That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Garner.

>There's the bell for the start of the round!

>There's a takedown attempt from Garner.

>The takedown is successful, Napier pulls guard.

>Garner attempts to pass guard.

>Napier is ready for the attempt though, and keeps Garner firmly in guard.

>From his back, Napier manages to pull Garner toward the cage.

>Using the cage, Napier stands up. Garner still has control though.

>Napier struggles back against Garner, not allowing him to control the grappling.

>Napier catches an unsuspecting Garner in a guillotine, and falls backward to apply even more pressure!

>Garner can't escape the guillotine, it's tight enough that he has to tap!

>The winner, by Submission, is 'The Islander' Neil Napier!

>Official Result: 'The Islander' Neil Napier defeats Buddy Garner (Submission in 2:07 of round 2). The match was rated as being Great.

So Napier took the win in a fight that Garner was seemingly controlling, i think this definatly means that the 2 will clash again before the year is over, on a side note this main event attracted 1.55 million PPV buys which is a company record.

Guest 5AnimalsKungFu

<p>heh well it must be a great plus in the money area for you.</p><p>

I've also had Napier and Buddy fought three times and all three times its a first round submission.</p>

Archived