Code Geass

Astil

<p>Seeing as you are anime savvy could you suggest some for me to watch.</p><p> </p><p>

So far I have seen:</p><p> </p><p>

Fist of the North Star: Loved it.</p><p> </p><p>

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor: Liked it.</p><p> </p><p>

Grappler Baki: It was okay, good fights though like no story.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="masterded" data-cite="masterded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Seeing as you are anime savvy could you suggest some for me to watch.<p> </p><p> So far I have seen:</p><p> </p><p> Fist of the North Star: Loved it.</p><p> </p><p> Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor: Liked it.</p><p> </p><p> Grappler Baki: It was okay, good fights though like no story.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Tengan Toppan Gurren Lagan</p><p> </p><p> Code Geass</p><p> </p><p> Ruroni Kenshin is my absolute favorite.</p><p> </p><p> Shaman King is good mindless fun.</p>

<p>I've been watching the Japaneese version of Naruto... its far raunchier than the americanized version..... thanks shoen jump </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

anyway if you want to watch some vids you can visit </p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.gogoanime.com" rel="external nofollow">http://www.gogoanime.com</a></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

they've got streaming anime and you can buy the videos in their store too</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

also I like Samurai X its the OVA before Kenshin.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

you can also watch S-cry-ED, Cowboy Bebop, cartoon network shows on the site there as well like Star Wars Clone Wars, Samurai Jack which is an amazing show that only ran one season and they have the Avatar series streaming there too... also watch full metal alchemist they have a killer intro music video. you also have the likes of Gundam, Trigun Big-O etc</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hyde Hill" data-cite="Hyde Hill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Was actually debating to put ghost in my original post too but wanted the main focus on Akira which is just so damm awesome.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I forgot about Akira that's a damn good movie</p>

<p>You mentioned Fist of the North Star, so I wonder if you've seen the new OVA's that came out.</p><p> </p><p>

Raoh Gaiden I: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN1Keb863Aw" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN1Keb863Aw</a></p><p>

Raoh Gaiden II: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-rvxT_DuPI" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-rvxT_DuPI</a></p><p>

Yuria Den: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOFINSFYO0I" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOFINSFYO0I</a></p><p>

Toki Gaiden: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADfBXJ6GmDs" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADfBXJ6GmDs</a></p><p>

Kenshiro Den: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcIoJGQ1gv4" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcIoJGQ1gv4</a></p><p> </p><p>

Warning that the subtitles on these are questionable, but it's great if your a fan, and there's some great testosterone-elevating music in it.</p><p> </p><p>

Fullmetal Alchemist is fun times, and fairly unique in that it deviated from the manga a great, great deal. The newer version that just came out (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) follows the manga more closely, which is more par for the course.</p><p> </p><p>

Death Note is fun too.</p><p> </p><p>

Eyeshield 21 is good times if you like American football. Just remember it's over-the-top anime.</p>

<p>M-ded ... Ninja Scroll! Fantabulous movie. And wicked bloodshed.</p><p> </p><p>

Also seen FotNS, which rocked, and Akira, which is necessary for any anime starting kit.</p><p> </p><p>

Two others I'd recommend, although they're a little more outside the spectrum, is Afro Samurai with Samuel L. Jackson and the Beserker collection. I tend to lean towards overtly violent films, though. And don't really watch series.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Astil" data-cite="Astil" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Samurai X is actually a series of OVA's that happen both before and after RoKen.<p> </p><p> I mean you get to see Sanosuke fight a tiger.</p><p> </p><p> Cowboy Bebop is liked by many.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> /nod, one of the few anime shows I can not only tolerate, but actually enjoy, is Cowboy Bebop. I do believe it influenced Joss Whedon with Firefly, and its easy to see why.</p><p> </p><p> But I feel the hands down best anime show ever is Full Metal Alchemist. AMAZING storyline and even the English voice actors sound terrific. I'll admit, I usually don't have any warm feelings for anime, but Full Metal Alchemist definetely broke that line of thought for me. Just a truly excellent show, and a pox upon anyone who disagrees.</p><p> </p><p> A double pox upon anyone who thinks it's not as good as the Inuyasha crap.</p><p> </p><p> And yes, a lot (but not all) of my anime watching was done thanks to Adult Swim. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Oh, and one final, if a bit "off" idea...</p><p> </p><p> The first two seasons of Digimon. Yeah, I know, Digimon, what of it? The first two seasons had an excellent story arc. Loads better than what Pokemon could ever pull off (though James of Team Rocket made Pokemon more than worth watching for the lulz. That, and how Ash has the same IQ of Forrest Gump with none of the charm).</p>

As Naruto has been named one that always gets people buzzing who would beat who its the classic Dragonball Z! (which in a fight would kick Naruto's asses but that is beside the point.) Movies anything from Miya is great imho Spirited Away is superb as a movie and so is his other work. If you like the more gory stuff Urotsukidōji is a must watch and actually hit western markets before the Guyver series which also brings fond memories. Anime is prolly just as rich as western tv/movies it has just so much goodies it is hard to chose hehe.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Prophet" data-cite="Prophet" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>M-ded ... Ninja Scroll! Fantabulous movie. And wicked bloodshed.<p> </p><p> Also seen FotNS, which rocked, and Akira, which is necessary for any anime starting kit.</p><p> </p><p> Two others I'd recommend, although they're a little more outside the spectrum, is Afro Samurai with Samuel L. Jackson and the Beserker collection. I tend to lean towards overtly violent films, though. And don't really watch series.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I took a look at Ninja scroll.... the english voice acting turned me off.... ugh</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Comradebot" data-cite="Comradebot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> But I feel the hands down best anime show ever is Full Metal Alchemist. AMAZING storyline and even the English voice actors sound terrific. I'll admit, I usually don't have any warm feelings for anime, but Full Metal Alchemist definetely broke that line of thought for me. Just a truly excellent show, and a pox upon anyone who disagrees.</p></div></blockquote><p> Yes.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A double pox upon anyone who thinks it's not as good as the Inuyasha crap.</div></blockquote><p> Yes again. I have several friends who like Inuyasha, and I struggle to understand why.</p><p> </p><p> Don't think I've seen Samurai Champloo mentioned; that's one of my favorites, </p><p> </p><p> Has anyone else seen Gankutsuou? I loved that too, though the art style can be bizarre when you first watch it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="darthsiddus2" data-cite="darthsiddus2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I took a look at Ninja scroll.... the english voice acting turned me off.... ugh</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I watched it years ago, with a bunch of friends, so I will admit to some of the dialogue being drowned out by ohs and ahs, when the bloodshed hit. The overvoicing isn't the best, but even so, I feel it's a solid movie.</p><p> </p><p> Or was. I may feel different if I watched it again now.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Comradebot" data-cite="Comradebot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>/nod, one of the few anime shows I can not only tolerate, but actually enjoy, is Cowboy Bebop. I do believe it influenced Joss Whedon with Firefly, and its easy to see why.<p> </p><p> But I feel the hands down best anime show ever is Full Metal Alchemist. AMAZING storyline and even the English voice actors sound terrific. I'll admit, I usually don't have any warm feelings for anime, but Full Metal Alchemist definetely broke that line of thought for me. Just a truly excellent show, and a pox upon anyone who disagrees.</p><p> </p><p> A double pox upon anyone who thinks it's not as good as the Inuyasha crap.</p><p> </p><p> And yes, a lot (but not all) of my anime watching was done thanks to Adult Swim. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Oh, and one final, if a bit "off" idea...</p><p> </p><p> The first two seasons of Digimon. Yeah, I know, Digimon, what of it? The first two seasons had an excellent story arc. Loads better than what Pokemon could ever pull off (though James of Team Rocket made Pokemon more than worth watching for the lulz. That, and how Ash has the same IQ of Forrest Gump with none of the charm).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> First two seasons of Digimon were BITCHIN!</p><p> </p><p> Yugioh in Japan is pretty good too.</p><p> </p><p> FMA is alllllright. Never could get 100% involved in it like I could with RoKen or Code Geass.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes.<p> </p><p> </p><p> Yes again. I have several friends who like Inuyasha, and I struggle to understand why.</p><p> </p><p> Don't think I've seen Samurai Champloo mentioned; that's one of my favorites, </p><p> </p><p> Has anyone else seen Gankutsuou? I loved that too, though the art style can be bizarre when you first watch it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Champloo is amazing. Very stylized and well done.</p><p> </p><p> Inyu is garbage. Any of the Nu-DBZ (Bleach, Naruto, Yuyu Hakusho) is garbage. In my opinion of course.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Craig Edwards" data-cite="Craig Edwards" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm looking to get back into anime but i can't seem to find any i like i use to watch Dragon Ball/Z/GT and Gundam Wing as a teen. Would like to find some anime that are alittle like those two</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Tengan Topan Gurren Lagan.</p><p> </p><p> Ridiculous like DBZ.</p><p> </p><p> Mech fighting goodness like G Wing.</p><p> </p><p> Personaly, for Gundam I prefer G Gundam.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Trell" data-cite="Trell" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="24247" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you seen Death note(I saw it before it came on tv), also any gundam is pretty good as well as DBZ as people have said before. Also you can take a peek at peacemaker, that was pretty good too.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did not like neither Death Note nor Peacemaker.</p>

Archived