Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin

ACCBiggz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even more reason to have Brett fight him now. If he loses it means nothing for him, doesn't hurt him in the slightest. If you wait and basically say that it's his best shot and then he gets destroyed, you've destroyed that "rising star" and have one less credible top heavyweight.

I don't know how a loss for Rogers doesn't hurt him at all. If Fedor takes Rogers down straight away and then makes him tap in a matter of seconds then it would definately hurt Rogers as he would of been exposed and then everyone wopuld know how to beat him.

That's hardly an argument for waiting - if Rogers has a weakness in his game so pronounced that it only takes seconds to make him tap, chances are that he'll get beaten before he ever meets Fedor anyway. It's smart booking, because it covers every result:

- If Rogers wins: you've got a huge new star, a big money rematch, and everybody talking about it

- If Rogers loses but does well: his credibility goes up, he can easily be rebuilt for a rematch in the future with the hook that the loss helped him improve and mature, and Fedor continues to be a draw

- If Rogers gets destroyed: Fedor continues to look great, and either Rogers turns out to be a bust (in which case getting at least one big drawing main event out of him was the best case scenario anyway) or he has plenty time to be rebuilt for the future (it's not like a loss to Fedor is going to be a black mark on his record...)

Waiting doesn't have anywhere near the upside, as if Rogers loses in the meantime, especially as the lack of depth to their roster means that it would probably be a loss to someone with little name value, you've blown a potentially profitable main event for no reason. Waiting might have worked if they had lots of other potential opponents for Fedor and so weren't reliant on Rogers, but they really haven't.

I dont see the cage being a issue for Fedor he's a smart man im sure he's prepared for it.

I think Rogers has a small chance of winning he's a huge guy with serious KO power. The problem is Fedor is faster, also packs one punch KO power, is a far superior grappler, has excellent footwork and head movement, and to cut this short is a much better fighter all around.

But like I said Rogers has a punchers chance to be honest I think his chances of beating Fedor are better than any other Strikeforce heavyweight so im excited to see this.

From Sam's Club employee to fighting the top fighter in the world how cant you love that story?

Archived