TNA Impact

Craig Edwards

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah she was great could stand to loose a bit of weight though but apart from that fantastic. Too bad she is partnered with Sojo for the tag tournament that won't do her much good as I noted before.

I really dont think her weight is an issue. She moves fluidly in the ring, seems to have great stamina and has great skill. Why should her weight be a factor in anything. I do agree, however, that teaming her with Sojo is a bad idea. Why is TNA teaming a face with a heel anyway. It makes no sense to me.

On a side note you can already tell that Allisa Flash and her tag team partner is not going to make it out of the first round because that would put them up against Kong and Saeed. Plus I think the Saeed character will be going away soon. Did you see the look Kong gave her after Saeed "stole" the pinfall. I for one like the Saeed character, I think she is a great mouthpiece for Kong (who is the woman's equivalent of Mike Tyson). Perhaps TNA should put someone else under the mask so the Flash character can take off.

Yeah she was great could stand to loose a bit of weight though but apart from that fantastic. Too bad she is partnered with Sojo for the tag tournament that won't do her much good as I noted before.

I disagree. Her weight gives her bulk and credibility, just like Awesome Kong and Beth Phoenix. The only time I'd suggest someone should lose some weight is if it affects their mobility (Matt Hardy's a good example right now) but Hamada was agile, mobile and generally looked great... well... as good as you can look against an awkward stick-figure like Daffney.

Nice entrance outfit too. Making the effort to look like a star.

I dont know how many people caught Impact last week, but in my mind, Hamada vs. Daffney was the match of the show. Hamada is one HELL of a wrestler, weather your male or female, and I for one applaud TNA for bringing her in. I cant wait to see more of her in TNA.

The match was good (the moonsault though the table was pretty sick lol) but it didnt make me care enough about who Hamada is. you know what i mean?.

And Matt Morgans voice during his promos is annoying the crap outta me lol but for some reason I feel he is going to be champion some time before the end of the year.

I kinda do. Maybe not to the level I should. I grant you that. But it seems like they are trying to do two things here. You mentioned the heel turn for Rhino. But it also seems like they are trying to do the lovable loser "push" with Neal. I put "push" in quotes because I don't so much think they want him to be a name guy anytime soon. But I do think they'd like him to be a fixture at the lower level of the card. If he develops into more over time, great. If not, then he becomes Barry Horowitz or Duane Gill. And is there really that guy in the business these days? Based on his backstory, Neal SHOULD get there. But is he going to show enough skill and enough personality to be lovable or is he just another loser who couldn't stick? I want to see that question answered as it unfolds.

In a way what makes the Jesse Neal stuff interesting to me is the same thing that sold me on AJ's promo last week. It enhances the illusion and makes their story world more believeable. Both demonstrate in different ways just how hard it really is to be a wrestler. AJ's promo sold the emotional toll while Neal's job is to sell the physical toll and show the difference between the even the most heroic fan and the professional talent. That to me is valuable work. Even if it's being used as the cool-down before we get ramped back up for the higher profile stories.

I've been wondering about him too. The fact that Devon made the save does give me an idea though. In reality, after leaving the Navy, Neal was trained by the Dudleys at their school and has been working the indies as 'Tribal'. He's got huge tribal tattoos on his arms, which is why he's wearing that awful sweatshirt to hide them.

I'm guessing the storyline is going to go that Rhyno tried to train him, got frustrated, turned heel, and attacked him. Then the Dudleys are going to take him under their wing, do a far better job training him and then we'll see them finding him the 'Tribal' gimmick.

And Matt Morgans voice during his promos is annoying the crap outta me lol but for some reason I feel he is going to be champion some time before the end of the year.

I think Morgan is good on the mic. And my bet is still on him winning the belt at Bound For Glory.

I disagree. Her weight gives her bulk and credibility, just like Awesome Kong and Beth Phoenix. The only time I'd suggest someone should lose some weight is if it affects their mobility (Matt Hardy's a good example right now) but Hamada was agile, mobile and generally looked great... well... as good as you can look against an awkward stick-figure like Daffney.

Nice entrance outfit too. Making the effort to look like a star.

Definitely agree here. Hamada's build makes for a great calling card. She's thick and broad so it's easy to envision being a stiff challenge to anyone who faces her. She's not "hot" like a Christy Hemme or The Beautiful People but she's pretty enough to stand apart from Kong. She's able to carry the weight and use it to her advantage. As such she brings a niche appeal no other Knockout can approach.

Oh and Self, on your Matt Hardy point. Am I the only one who looks at Matt from the side these days and sees The Honky Tonk Man? :D

Well the dude has been injured a lot and instead of doing the Triple H bulking up during injury he has done the more healthy bulking up lol. On Hamada I am like Casey as I like my Asian women so a few less pounds and she would be hot as well as very skilled and I have seen her on the net weighing less so it is not uncommen for her.

You don't see being thicker and broader aiding the perception of Hamada being "a tough out"? They have plenty of hot chicks. Some of which are solid when it comes to skill as well. But the only two they have that are thicker and broader are both ground pounders in Kong and ODB. (Never understood why any woman would want to be called ODB. But I don't need to.) With this build, Hamada looks like she can take a boatload of punishment and still use the kind of speed style one would expect from the women. Would you, in character terms, want to face that combination of attributes if you're Christy Hemme? Or maybe The Beautiful People?

Oh and Self, on your Matt Hardy point. Am I the only one who looks at Matt from the side these days and sees The Honky Tonk Man? :D

I see Jake Roberts.

It's not all his fault, of course. If you believe his tale (which I do) he's coming off a pretty serious abdominal tear which hampered his ability to stay in shape for the past year, AND he's been brought back a couple of months too soon. He was probably just getting started on his exercise program when he got the call from WWE.

My major problem with Mainstream American Women's wrestling right now is that too many of them look skinny and frail. I look at them and think "I could kick their ass" and coming from me, a terrible, terrible fighter, that's saying something. There's a cosmetic aspect to wrestling that goes beyond looking "sexy". You have to look like you can fight. You HAVE to.

Liked impact, liked the main event end and the fact that Kurt criticized Morgan earlier for inexperience (especially when morgan said he's been in it for 7 years and then Kurt emphasized he's been in it for almost a decade)

I actually was not overly impressed by Hamada however. I thought she looked like she had much better technical skills that the rest of the knockuts and even some of the guys, but she had no personality which made it very boring to me. She was like an even blander female version of what I remember of Dean Malenko before he got pushed. I don't follow indy wrestling and didn't know who Sarita or Alicia Flash were before their debut a few weeks ago, but I actually cared in that match because they sold it and thought I was one of, if not the best match on that show (don't recall the rest of the card at the moment). Hamada didn't sell it to me, I was bored and would have changed the channel if I wasn't too lazy to replace the remote battery.

Look I get the none skinny, frail looking , looks like she can fight argument etc. The thing is with Hamada's earlier work she was skinnier especially in the face and gut and still looked like she could kick butt mainly because of her build. I am not saying Angeline Love skinny (ugh imho) but more like she was at her peak.

Photographic evidence:

And a bit more sexy but still strong looking:

You know what, dude? Maybe it's just me but I'm not sure I see the difference. Could be the camera angles. Could be the way i see stills vs moving footage. Could be the lack of a side by side. But I'm not seeing the difference between Hamada when these pictures were taken and Hamada as she was on Impact.

And that last shot. While she's trying to look sexier, that strikes me as a classic "I'd have to know her" picture. Meaning if I'm already going out with her and she comes on to me like that, it's like "Yeah baby. Let's go make love." But if I'm at the club and she's trying to catch my eye looking like that, I probably notice, assess her for a moment and go about my business. That look doesn't appear to work for her. It's more like she or whoever gave her the fashion advice was trying too hard to glam her up.

And that last shot. While she's trying to look sexier, that strikes me as a classic "I'd have to know her" picture. Meaning if I'm already going out with her and she comes on to me like that, it's like "Yeah baby. Let's go make love." But if I'm at the club and she's trying to catch my eye looking like that, I probably notice, assess her for a moment and go about my business. That look doesn't appear to work for her. It's more like she or whoever gave her the fashion advice was trying too hard to glam her up.

Speak for yourself, but based on that photo alone she'd get a good once over from me :D

Speak for yourself, but based on that photo alone she'd get a good once over from me :D

Well, it's no secret my taste can be pretty different sometimes. Like there are some women who will turn average men into slack-jawed morons that I'll just shrug off because they look too fake. And other cases where I'll catch something in a chick others don't.

Like this one chick I used to work at DQ with. She'd lived hard and was trying to put herself back in order. So even she regularly joked that she "was 23, sounded 16 and looked 40." And she had a hair trigger temper with the morons in the customer base. So she was generally deemed both physically and pyschologically ugly. But being I worked the back doing a lot of janitorial stuff, I caught things the other folks didn't. Like overhearing her on her cell tussling with Mumsy. So I saw the vulernable side and that combination made me want her badly. If our schedules away from the store had synched better, who knows? All I do know is that everyone would have thought me crazy had we paired up. So yeah. Believe me, I know well I'm speaking only for myself in my reaction to Brother Hill's Hamada pics.

I recommend taking a look at the match again if possible her face and belly where noticeably "extra" so to speak. And I added that picture for a non wrestling pic there are way sexier pics out there of her. And what you are talking about is the added emotional attraction that is kind of hard just from a picture and/or a wrestler.

I recommend taking a look at the match again if possible her face and belly where noticeably "extra" so to speak. And I added that picture for a non wrestling pic there are way sexier pics out there of her.

And you know maybe I'd notice it more now that I recognize there might be something to see. But

And what you are talking about is the added emotional attraction that is kind of hard just from a picture and/or a wrestler.

Well, with the Sarah thing, you might have something of a point. But the foundation of my point is that she was nothing to look at and I was the only one there who looked beyond the obvious. I had to know her. Just like I was saying I'd need to with Hamada based on the pics you showed me.

Well this week was all kind of awesomeness imho. Great matches and good booking, too bad most of the matches had to be short because of time restraints. Sting vs. Rhino was good for what it was, Sting winning here is logical and Rhino goring him twice after cements his heel turn while at the same time making a Hernandez win over Sting plausible without Sting looking weak. AJ vs Sabin was great of course. Women's tag was decent but nothing spectacular, Hamada drilling Sojo kept her strong. Kaz eh I mean Suicide vs Williams was surprisingly good and D'Inero interfering kept Suicide strong and that story going. Hernandez vs Homicide was a bit of a letdown as the timing seemed a bit off but still decent, also didn't help that the result was kinda foregone conclusion, the post match handshake and hug was well done with good acting on homicide's part. Williams vs. AJ was very very good really enjoyed it and Angle was better on commentary this week. Sting vs. Hernandez was meh but Sting did some good job selling and Hernandez got sympathy heat by being cautious with Sting and getting screwed by Youngcide also setting up that rivalry further.

Angle wise the Daniels and Joe skit was decent. Morgan is getting better and better on the mic and Angle was, well Angle. Kip James semi teasing a confrantation with Mafia is nice as you can guess who his tag partner could be. Doug Williams did a good job of hyping AJ and himself at the same time. AJ was formulaic. BP where decent as always and set up anticipation for the mystery partner nicely. Dudley's taking Neal (back) under their wing was nice as well as the threat to the Invasion and MEM. Nash did ok with Lauren and his veiled blasting of Morasca was nice (bye, bye and don't come back,) Post match brawl was good way to finish Impact with the heels standing strong this time.

Overall it seems Impact is going from strength to strength lately and with the refs getting more power I am thinking Cornette is more involved with creative. Him and Russo should really balance each other out and D'Amore is also good. Short of getting Heyman that is a real good trio.

Archived