DOTT: Georgia on my Mind TEW 2008 Version

"Nautre Boy" Roger Kirby was actually a pretty decent heel and is pretty over in the Mid West,I'm not too shocked Harley got a good match with him.

Actually,I noticed the "Badstreet" reference in Haye's promo so I threw out Armstrong just as kind of a joke reference to the failed attempt at bringing back the Freebirds with Garvin and Armstrong as the masked "Badstreet" character.Still,I feel Armstrong is a guy who probably can go far if used right...similar to Terry Taylor,he's never going to cut any blistering promos but he does have talent in the ring(both Armstrong and Taylor would eventually be guys that were relied upon since they could do a decent match and make anyone look good) as well as a decent look going for him.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x32/Kidbrit/GCWShowheader-1.gif

Saturday January 22nd, 1983……….GCW TV Show - Live……….Louisville Arena

Gordon Solie and Freddy Miller announcing

Attendance: 4,869

Pre-Show

Killer Khan and Rusher Kimura defeated Bill Mulkey and Randy Mulkey in 3:43 when Killer Khan defeated Randy Mulkey by submission with an Asiatic Spike. (E+)

Paul Ellering did some good work at ringside; Bill Mulkey was really off his game tonight. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Killer Khan improved in Rumble skills and Bill Mulkey improved in Performance skills.

Rick Rude defeated Mike Starbuck in 5:46 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening, in his GCW debut. (E-)

This match brought the crowd's mood down. Rick Rude improved in Technical skills.

Television Show

Gordon Solie welcomes the TV audience and we get straight to the action

Stan Lane defeated Pat Rose in 5:39 by pinfall with a sunset flip. (D)

Stan Lane was really off his game tonight.

The Spoiler joins Solie at the podium where Gordon reminds the crowd that he will meet Mr. Wrestling II in tonight’s main event for the Television Title.

Spoiler: “Why on the face of God’s green Earth, would you need to remind these minions of the greatest moment many of them shall witness in their lifetime? They chant and cheer like mindless lemmings for their ‘Hero’ Mr. Wrestling II, worshipping the ground his every step poisons. Well after tonight, in the immortal words of Roger Daltry, the Heroes that you worship will be gone, when I destroy your pagan Idol on live National Television!” (B+)

Magnum T.A. defeated Les Thornton in 4:57 by pinfall with a quick cradle. (E)

The Match brought the crowd down.

The cameras return to the ringside announcer's table, where Paul Ellering stands with Gordon Solie. “Mr. Solie, talking to you is like trying to feed Bacon to a pig, but since we are in Kentucky I doubt I will find anyone else with a High School Diploma, much less smarter, so you will have to do. Paul Orndorff seems to have an issue with the Road Warriors, choosing to get involved in their business, calling them childish names and now challenging them to a match with a mystery partner. Well the Legion of Doom does not fear you Paula, so bring out your partner and we will bring the pain!" Iron Man echoes through the arena as Animal and Hawk hit the ring. (B-)

Paul Orndorff enters the arena, pauses, looks back to the entrance way and is joined by veteran Thunderbolt Patterson, the two then charge the ring. (D-)

The crowd turned against this segment, T-bolt is apparently loved more in Georgia than Kentucky.

The Road Warriors defeated Paul Orndorff and Thunderbolt Patterson in 11:20 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Thunderbolt Patterson by pinfall after using a foreign object as Paul Ellering distracted Orndorff. (D)

Ellering was good at ringside and Orndorff looked good, but the crowd did not like the finish. Patterson improved in performance skills.

Mr. Wrestling II now joins Gordon Solie, who inquires about II’s thoughts on the Spoilers earlier threats. “You know Gordon; a man can win a thousand wars with words, can walk a hundred miles on an even path and be a ruler when he is the only one in his kingdom. But tonight the Spoiler will not have an even path to walk, he won’t be in the ring alone and all his fancy words are only going to get shoved back down his throat! Spoiler, tonight it’s even odds, man on man and the best man will win……no excuses!” (B-)

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 5:47 by pinfall with a Sudanese Meat Cleaver. (D)

It was a bloody, brutal match and the crowd did not seem to enjoy that aspect of it.

The camera returns to Gordon Solie at the podium, where he begins recounting the recent events of the past couple of weeks involving Larry Zbyszko and Stan Hansen in their battler over the National Heavyweight Title. (B-)

Zbyszko interrupts Solie and grabs the Mic. “You know what Gordon…..The Living Legend is sick and tired of all this so called conspiracy talk. You and I both know that I am the rightful Champion and Stan Hansen is a lazy, boozing, fat Pig that almost makes the women in Kentucky look good, the key word being ALMOST. Tomorrow at ‘Winter Wasteland’ I once again prove that I am superior to Hansen in every aspect of the game. This time it will be so decisive that Jim Barnett and his cronies will have no choice but to hand the belt to yours truly and acknowledge that I am indeed the greatest wrestler in the world…..Now for a little taste of what life is like in Larryland!” Larry then heads to the ring where Brad Armstrong awaits. (B)

Larry Zbyszko defeated Brad Armstrong in 8:01 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. (E+)

Zbyszko and Armstrong just did not click and Brad was tired at the end. Armstrong improved his performance skills.

Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich make come down to the Ring, where Anderson again ponders what became of Michael Hayes while Tommy Rich smiles and waves to the crowd.

Ole: “Hey Rich, you do realize that tomorrow we face what is left of the Freebirds correct? Maybe instead of kissing puke mouth babies and making appearances at Nursing homes to hand out Prune juice you should wipe that grin off your face and worry about taking care of our Belts!!”

Rich: “Ole, whoa there big fella.” Rich motions to the crowd “Yall know when Wildfire hits the ring its all business and all action. I got you’re back brother, cuz even with Hayes too scared to show his face I know the Freebirds cuz we’ve tangled plenty in the past and…..(B-)

Rich is interrupted as Terry Gordy strolls into the entry way and cuts him off. “You know something; you can both quit acting like ya don’t know what happened to Michael. Buddy and I got a call this week from Michael and he is laid up in the Hospital in a cast because some big ol’ boy with a mask took a Louisville slugger to his Leg. I ain’t got proof, but I got an idea and I also got a surprise for one of you!” (C+)

The lights in the Arena suddenly go out and a thump is heard in the ring. When they come back up Ole Anderson is face down in the middle of the ring, a pipe by his head, as Tommy Rich stands over him looking confused. (B-)

The crowd is fired up as we head to the main event for the National Television title.

Mr. Wrestling II drew with The Spoiler in 10:00 when the Television time limit expired in a thrilling back and forth match that saw both men get near pinfalls in the final minute. (B-)

The match suffered due to lack of selling, but still lifted the crowd. Wrestling II improved in performance skills, while The Spoiler improved in technical skills.

Overall Rating: C (No specific comments)

Television Rating: 0.10 on WTBS (I guess we are consistent)

Thoughts: Some disappointing match ratings with the exception of the main event. I am trying to give the young guys a rub with some of the veterans on these shows but they don’t always mesh well. Ole is relatively quiet afterwards, except to remind me that tomorrow’s monthly event is huge and I better not screw it up. Of course he then goes on to say he has all the confidence in the world my ability to F*** up a wet dream so he expects nothing less than a disaster at Winter Wasteland.

After the Credits roll a 60 spot air hyping tomorrow’s monthly event “Winter Wasteland”

Scheduled Card

Stan Hansen vs Larry Zbyszko – National Heavyweight Title – Main Event

Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich vs The Freebirds – National Tag Team Title

Ted DiBiase vs Greg Valentine

Abdullah the Butcher vs Ronnie Garvin

The Fabulous ones vs Rusher Kimura and Killer Khan

some good intrigue and matches for the card. With all the tv build for Spoiler and MWII, I expected to see them square off in one fashion or another on the monthly event supercard....or are they just the TV main event for now?

BTW, in "my world" the AI put together a new team in GCW called Express Delivery. Buzz Sawyer and Larry Z. They quickly captured the National Tag titles and have impressive wins over Ole and Rich, Ole and MWII, and another team. They could be an interesting combo.

some good intrigue and matches for the card. With all the tv build for Spoiler and MWII, I expected to see them square off in one fashion or another on the monthly event supercard....or are they just the TV main event for now?

BTW, in "my world" the AI put together a new team in GCW called Express Delivery. Buzz Sawyer and Larry Z. They quickly captured the National Tag titles and have impressive wins over Ole and Rich, Ole and MWII, and another team. They could be an interesting combo.

That is a very interesting combo, would be really cool to see the dynamic between them, both guys are now involved in singles feuds but that is an intriguing possibility down the line.

MW II and Spoiler are my hottest feud right now, so I want to keep that going on the TV show to try and maximize ratings. WTBS hasn't mentioned anything about ratings yet, but I am sure they will not be happy with 0.10 forever, so I am counting on these two to give me a boost.

That is a very interesting combo, would be really cool to see the dynamic between them, both guys are now involved in singles feuds but that is an intriguing possibility down the line.

MW II and Spoiler are my hottest feud right now, so I want to keep that going on the TV show to try and maximize ratings. WTBS hasn't mentioned anything about ratings yet, but I am sure they will not be happy with 0.10 forever, so I am counting on these two to give me a boost.

Buzzy and Larry could be interesting,since Buzz was all out offense and beating the opponent down while Larry's style usually was "Stall.....stall....stall stall stall.....stall.....*alot more stalling*......cheap move for the win!"

Spoiler and Wrestling II is working for you,I see that as something you can build to a big match at a monthly show months down the road,all you really need is to deliver another decent match besides those two and your rating will be good.....it's nothing to worry about though as The Road Warriors and AA and the like are literally just starting out;once they're built up you'll be good to go for years to come.

The only thing I can see is it seems you got the triple whammy what with Roberts and Hayes going North,and the fickle crowd hating your segments AND dumping all over The Freebirds.....I don't know how it works in TEW,IRL "southern" style promotions like GCW always used a different style where it was mostly the heel working on top(i.e.It was mostly the heels/heel stables/heel managers who were dominant and running wild,while faces were portrayed as the underdog,even when they held titles,usually clean finishes unless a turn was involved),maybe that might fix the crowd taking a dump on certain spots?

Sunday January 23rd, 1983……….GCW Winter Wasteland……….St Petersburg Arena

Attendance: 4,507

Dark Matches

Bret Hart defeated Pez Whatley in 6:04 by submission with a Sharpshooter. (D-)

The match brought the crowds mood down.

Arn Anderson defeated Italian Stallion in 5:02 by pinfall with a Spinebuster in his GCW debut. (D-)

The match brought the crowds mood down.

Main Show

Gordon Solie enters the Ring and welcome the live crowd to Georgia Championship Wrestling Winter Wasteland, the first of many big events they can expect from GCW this year.

King Kong Bundy defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 8:07 by pinfall by using the ropes for leverage after nailing Armstrong with a low blow. (D)

Bundy was tiring towards the end and the fans were put off by the finish of the match.

Gordon Solie returns to the ring and welcomes Ted DiBiase, who was scheduled to face Greg Valentine this evening. “Unfortunately ladies and gentlemen, it is with regret that I must inform you that Greg Valentine is unable to appear tonight as the result of an injury sustained earlier in the week, I am sure this is a disappointment to you Ted.”

DiBiase: “Gordon, there is no doubt I was looking forward to facing Greg Valentine tonight, but I don’t want to let all these good people down, so if Jim Barnett can get it together, I would be more than happy to wrestle a man that has been on my case in recent weeks. I think we both know who that is and I know he is in the building because I saw an open bag of Alpo in the back. Buzz Sawyer, you seem to have a problem with me, why don’t we solve it tonight!” (C+)

The howls of wolves fill the arena as Paul Ellering and Buzz Sawyer appear in the entry way. Ellering, Mic in hand addresses the crowd. “You seem to have a good sense of humor DiBiase, with your Dog food jokes and especially with that haircut! I’ll tell you what; Barnett gives the green light you’re going know what it’s like to be the prey, trapped in the ring with no escape and only one possible outcome…..Pain like you have never endured before.”

Sawyer grabs the Microphone fairly frothing at the mount. ”DIBIASE…arrrgggh, Mad Dog is hungry, Alpo, bones, arrrggh, the flesh from your limbs, EVERYTHING!!!! Hahahahaa, you have a Hair cut like my mother……I love my Mother……I HATE YOU DIBIASE!!!!” (C+)

The Fabulous Ones defeated Killer Khan and Rusher Kimura in 9:54 when Rusher Kimura was disqualified after using a foreign object on Stan Lane. (E)

Keirn and Lane were both off their game tonight and the fans hated the finish. Ellering was good at ringside and Khan improved in both rumble skills and performance skills. Kimura also improved in performance skills.

The Spoiler appears in the back on closed circuit and is seething. “Wrestling II, you habitually find ways to extricate yourself from my clutches, stalling and whining as time ran out yesterday in our match. One would say, Spoiler, the Television gold still adorns your waist, you must be happy. I will say I will never be happy, until I have driven your vile, stinking carcass from wrestling forever II and beating you won’t be enough. I shall tear the Mask that hides your hideous face from humanity as well and relish in the sight of Babies crying and women feinting at the sight of your repugnant face!!” (B-)

Abdullah the Butcher defeated Ronnie Garvin in 9:29 by pinfall with a Sudanese Meat Cleaver after Paul Ellering interfered. (C-)

Abby was off his game tonight but Ellering as always was solid at ringside. The fans again were turned off by the finish.

The Arena goes black and on the closed circuit screen a video of Austin Idol is shown and as it end Idol warns the rednecks throughout the south to lock up their women, since they will soon be seeing first hand, “The Ladies pet and the Men’s regret….up close and oh so very personal.” Solie confirms for the crowd that Austin Idol is indeed on his way to Georgia Championship Wrestling. ©

Gordon Solie: “And if that was not news enough folks, I have just been handed a note that a rematch has been ordered between Mr. Wrestling II and The Spoiler for the National Television Title this coming Saturday, live on Georgia Championship Wrestling TV! This promises to be a barnburner indeed!” (B-)

National Tag Team Title Match

Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich vs The Freebirds

An insane brawl that sees Buddy Roberts and Tommy Rich get color. As the Match progresses Terry Gordy hurls Rich from the ring and as Anderson tries to get past referee Tommy West to Gordy, Jimmy Garvin appears and cracks Rich over the head with a chair as he attempts to get back in the ring. “It looks like we know who will be stepping in for Michael Hayes.” Solie announces over the house Mic. As Ole is ushered back to the corner, Garvin slides Rich back into the Ring as Gordy moves in to finish him……Rich, summing one last burst nails Gordy low and staggers back to his corner to tag Ole, who promptly decks Tommy with one of the Tag straps. Gordy grabs Rich, delivers a Powerbomb and we have new National Tag Team Champions as The Freebirds win in 14:31! ©

Terry Gordy improved his technical skills.

After the bell, Anderson, Roberts, Gordy and Garvin all beat the tar out of Tommy Rich, hurling his bleeding, motionless body to the concrete as workers from the back try vainly to save him. ©

As the crowd showers the ring with debris, Ole grabs the Microphone. “Shut the hell up you sun backed Florida Hillbillies!!! You’re all crying why, how could you do this to poor, poor Tommy? Let me tell you why!! I did it for the same reason I broke Michael Hayes leg.” Ole turns and high fives both Roberts and Gordy, who suddenly don’t seem to mind. “You see, in this sport there is no room for glamour or for anybody who gets too hung up with their own ego or especially with you idiots out there!” Ole scowls at the crowd which is now ready to riot. “This is a sport that takes commitment and anger. In fact to be successful in our world you need to be one flat out mean Sonofabitch and neither Rich or Hayes had that in them. So we made a little deal to eliminate the dead weight and join forces to become the greatest three man team in wrestling…..Oh wait, I forgot someone didn’t I?” With that Terry Gordy clocks Jimmy Garvin from behind and Anderson and Roberts put the boots to him, delivering a ferocious beating before he is also thrown from the ring. “You see” Anderson continues “Jimmy Garvin is no better than either of those other two pretty boys, we need him to do one simple task and he couldn’t even handle that!! Son, consider this your termination from the Freebirds!” Anderson, Gordy and Roberts embrace and head to the safety of the locker room as the debris shower now includes coins, shoes and even a cane hurled by an angry white haired woman in the 3rd row. ©

As attendants clean up the mess in and around the ring, Larry Zbyszko joins Gordon Solie.

Solie: “Well that was quite the spectacle, wouldn’t you agree Mr. Zbyszko?”

Zbyszko: “Are you freaking kidding me? You have the greatest wrestler in the world next to you Solie. The Living Legend who later this evening will re-ascend to the status he was unrightfully stripped of two weeks ago, and you want to talk about that spectacle?”

Solie: “No offense meant Mr. Zbyszko.”

Zbyszko: “Well offense taken! Offense taken now and it will be taken out later on Stan Hansen, when I become the National Heavyweight Champion…..HOWS THAT FOR A SPECTACLE SOLIE?”

Larry is livid as he knocks the podium over and stomps off to the back. (B-)

Ted DiBiase defeated Buzz Sawyer in 12:11 by pinfall with a surprise cradle as Sawyer reached into his tights for Brass Knuckles. (D+)

Paul Ellering again is good at ringside, but DiBiase and Sawyer do not click, which is a huge disappointment. DiBiase improves his rumble skills.

Stan Hansen enters the ring and grabs the announcers Mic. “I’ll make this short and sweet Zbyszko; I got no words fer ya, no threats, no promises.” Hansen pauses and holds up his fists. “Now what I do got is these two beauties right here and I’m a fixin to put ‘em to good use, so come on down boy!” (B-)

Main Event - National Heavyweight Title Match

Stan Hansen drew with Larry Zbyszko in 20:00 when the time limit expired in a rough and tumble affair that resolved nothing. (C+)

These two did not click, which again is troublesome. Hansen improved in technical skills, while Zbyszko improved in rumble skills.

Overall Rating: C (Some people were annoyed that DiBiase vs Valentine did not take place)

Thoughts: I am beginning to think that DiBiase / Zbyszko and Sawyer / Hansen would have been better pairings, but with all the last minute swerves I need to stick with these for a while and hope they sort themselves out. There are always options down the road and I don’t want to pull the plug too quickly. Ole is too busy congratulating himself on a brilliant performance to bother with me and I truly think being a Heel again makes him happy. He is a miserable bastard and not having to shake hands and kiss grandmothers will probably do wonders for his disposition.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x32/Kidbrit/GCWNews.gif

Weekly News Summary – February 1st, 1983

GCW News

Financial

Current Cash $43,321

Cash Flow January 1983 -$56,679

Income

Ticket sales $218,045

TV Revenue $80,000

Sponsors $135,236

Merchandise $33,400

Misc $1,023

Expenditure

Workers $136,394

Show Costs $63,100

Marketing $75,000

Merchandise $11,280

Production $120,000

Misc $118,609

I really have to start managing my money wisely, I alter merchandising to try and make some extra scratch off of my biggest faces and cut the TV show to an hour to save worker costs.

Signings

Rusher Kimura signs a PPA deal – Not huge in the US but should become a solid Heel

Killer Kahn signs a short term deal – will form a nice mid card tag team with Kimura

Greg Valentine signs a PPA deal – A nice score, but at $2500 a show not cheap. He also lists MACW as a priority over us so I have to be careful to avoid conflict. Waiting to debut him as I continue to mull over a couple of ideas for using him.

Jim Garvin signs a PPA deal – And completes his 20 minute run as a member of the Freebirds 

Extensions

None

Rejections

None

Departures

None

Injuries

None

Misc (complaints, incidents, Retirements etc)

Abdullah the Butcher (again) Bullet Bob Armstrong, King Kong Bundy and the Italian Stallion all ask for time off from their “grueling” schedules. The Italian Stallion? Really? You work for one promotion and can’t handle being jobbed out on TV once a week?

Buzz Sawyer signs with SECW, but we remain his priority.

I agree to a talent trade for a 3 matches with MSW, The Iron Sheik for the Assassin, but landing Valentine trumps my plans for The Assassin, so I cancel it.

Around the World

Marquee Matches (A- or better)

No A rated matches last week, but an interesting angle between Ric Flair and Terry Funk is brewing in MACW, which could produce some classics. The only major Title change was David Shultz winning the AWA Television Title from Buck Zumhofe (Who should have never had it)

World News

Adrian Adonis signs a PPA with the AWA, a good pick up for Verne and company.

Unfortunately we will not see the East – West connection reunited as Jesse Ventura has left the AWA for Vince.

Bruiser Brody fractures his Elbow defeating Harley Race to win the NWA International Heavyweight Title and will be out for 14 Months, negating the Title change. Brody is one of the busiest men in wrestling with 13 matches in January and his loss will affect AJPW, CSW, WWC and PPW.

Word from the WWA that Victor Rivera and Paul Christy have heat backstage, imagine Rivera involved in anything controversial?

Japanese wrestler Daigoro Oshiro announces his return to wrestling after a brief hiatus, did anyone really miss him?

Like the Jimmy Garvin Freebird swerve.... That sucks that Dibiaseand Sawyer dont click, because I would give all kinds of money watching that feud/rivalry/match happen... Cant go wrong with signing Valentine... What is your relationship with MACW... Interesting fact about Brody, he left All Japan in my game without renewing his deal

Like the Jimmy Garvin Freebird swerve.... That sucks that Dibiaseand Sawyer dont click, because I would give all kinds of money watching that feud/rivalry/match happen... Cant go wrong with signing Valentine... What is your relationship with MACW... Interesting fact about Brody, he left All Japan in my game without renewing his deal

Yeah I was very disappointed with the lack of chemistry between Ted and Buzz, hopefully that was a fluke, otherwise I am going to get Valentine involved with DiBiase somehow.

I have a working agreement with MACW and most of the other US promotions. Hostile with WCCW and at war with WWF.

Sucks for Brody, we will see what he has left when he returns, but that injury could hamper him a great deal.

Saturday February 2nd, 1983…….Television Taping…….Atlanta Civic Center

Attendance: 4,494

Pre-Show

Rick Rude defeated Rick McGraw in 6:26 by submission with a Sleeperhold. (E-)

Match brought the crowds mood down, Rick Rude improved his flying skills.

Rick Rude grabs the Mic and addresses the crowd. “All you pot belly, pencil armed, rotten teeth Pig farmers, take a good look at what your 300 pound sister, I mean wife dreams about every night before you tuck her in next to the Cattle!” He then flexes and struts to the back (F+)

Such a weak segment bombed with the crowd, clearly Rude is not yet the “smooth operator”

Magnum T.A. defeated Pat Rose in 5:32 by pinfall with a Small Package in a sloppy match. (E+)

Rose was off his game and the match brought the crowds mood down.

Television Show

After a rundown of last week’s Monthly event “Winter Wasteland” to start the show, Gordon Solie is joined by Mr. Wrestling II. “You know Gordon; I have traveled the roads of Georgia for many years and face many formidable foes. I can give The Spoiler his due as one of the toughest, but he is also one of the most arrogant, vile human beings I have ever run across. Spoiler, tonight there will be no excuses, no escape and no quarter. These people deserve better than you and with each and every one of them in my corner tonight, that Television Belt will be mine!!” (B)

The crowd goes crazy as II acknowledges them.

The Spoiler appears at the arena entrance, smirking under his Mask. “Wrestling II, once again you have struck a chord with the only people on Gods green earth even less intellectual prowess than you…The people of Georgia. Ty Cobb is only great person to ever come out of this garbage dump, because he didn’t sit and pander to the ignorant, unwashed masses as you do. There is a reason people in Georgia cheer you and it is because they are not smart enough to recognize true cerebral genius and nonpareil athletic prowess. There is a reason the National Television belt adorns my waist people…..I, am a winner….a word that will never be uttered in anything but jest about any of you!” (B-)

Austin Idol defeated Mike Starbuck in 3:38 by pinfall with a Big Elbow Drop in a less than inspiring GCW debut. (E)

The match brought the crowds mood down, though Starbuck does improve in performance skills.

Stan Hansen and Jim Barnett are shown backstage as Hansen begs Barnett to give Larry Zbyszko another shot at his National Heavyweight Title, so he can remove the Living part from Zbyszko’s self given moniker. Zbyszko crashes the proceedings and demands Barnett comply so he can knock the Tobacco stains off of Hansen’s teeth. Zbyszko then heads to the ring, telling Hansen to “Watch and discover, what it means to be a legend.” (D)

The crowd seemed to turn against this segment.

Calling on his Judo background Larry Zbyszko defeated Bret Hart in 7:13 by submission with a Guillotine Choke. (D)

Bret Hart improves in technical and performance skills, a good rub from Larry Z.

The Italian Stallion makes his way to the ring, where Ted DiBiase waits for their scheduled match. Suddenly a half crazed Buzz Sawyer, mouth frothing appears and drops the Stallion from behind. He then delivers a Piledriver to the concrete floor as the fans look on in horror. After much posturing, DiBiase motions Sawyer to join him in the ring and we have a new matchup (E-)

The segment bombed with the crowd. (A bit of a surprise here)

Buzz Sawyer defeated Ted DiBiase in 7:52 by pinfall after Paul Ellering interfered and broke his Cane over DiBiase’s head. (C-)

Ellering did good work and ringside, but again Sawyer and DiBiase don’t click, it may be time to alter this storyline. The fans also hated the cheap finish.

Tommy Rich appears and has plenty to say about last weeks events at Winter Wasteland. “Let me tell you something Ole Anderson, A fox in the Henhouse always shows his true colors boy and you showed yours last week…..Yellow! You got no shame and not a lick of pride and the pack of Foxes yer running with now fits you like a noose on a Cattle rustler. What you need boy is some good ole Southern justice and I’m aiming to give ya just that! If’n of course you got the nerve?” ©

Ole Anderson appears with the look of smugness that has defined most of his career. “Tommy Rich, hero of the stupid, son, it amazes me that I can even understand the drivel that comes out of your mouth. You talk about Southern justice? If there was any damn justice in the south Pick up Trucks, Country Music and taking your Cousin to the Prom would be against the law. The only justice you are ever going to get is Anderson justice and I think you need a taste of that, oh right about NOW!” ©

As Anderson completes his thought, Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts storm the Ring attacking Rich from behind. Ole joins in short order and beatdown is on. ©

As Rich is pummeled by the “new” Freebirds, Jimmy Garvin suddenly hits the ring with the Baseball bat and cleans house, barely missing Ole’s ample noggin with a swing that would have made Babe Ruth blush. As the despised trio scatter as Garvin checks on Rich and then leaves the ring to scattered applause. (D+)

The crowd didn’t know what to make of Garvin coming to Richs rescue.

Mr. Wrestling II defeated The Spoiler in 9:23 by pinfall with a Million Dollar Knee Lift. Mr. Wrestling II wins the National Television title in a solid back and forth match that saw Spoilers attempt to cheat foiled, when he dropped a pair of Brass Knuckles and caught Wrestling II’s finisher as he tried to pick them up. (C+)

The match suffered from lack of selling and Wrestling II improved his performance skills.

Overall Rating: C (No specific feedback)

WTBS Rating: 0.11 (Our first bump since I took the Book, a small reason to celebrate, but one nonetheless)

Thoughts: Really kind of a ho-hum show with our top storyline only pulling a C+ in the main event match. It is clear I need to get some better chemistry in our marquee feuds, but I will need to be careful how it is handled.

Ole comes up and pats me on the back (actually almost knocking the wind out of me) “Your Daddy must be quite proud of you. Here you are in the one of the greatest territories in the world and you are turning it into a complete clusterf**k. Hell son, did you learn a damn thing from sitting back stage all those years as a boy or were you too busy jacking off to posters or Gorgeous George? I hate to spoil the fantasy punk, but George was a man!”

Me: “So was your Mother”

I don’t get a chance to talk to any of the other wrestlers as the Ole is hot on my heels and I make my escape by the skin of my teeth, though I know have a huge dent to fix in my door, compliments of Ole’s size 12 as I sped away.

glad to see a little ratings bump for you. How much more do you think you need to keep the show?

Once Hansen finishes with Larry Z, aside from Buzz Sawyer one other good challenger with built-in history would be former partner Ole Anderson. Could build into some wild matches with Hansen & ??? against the Freebirds, and even a 6-man match or two. Not sure how well Hansen pairs with Rich and Garvin, but he and Dibiase were a beast of a team back in the day

glad to see a little ratings bump for you. How much more do you think you need to keep the show?

Once Hansen finishes with Larry Z, aside from Buzz Sawyer one other good challenger with built-in history would be former partner Ole Anderson. Could build into some wild matches with Hansen & ??? against the Freebirds, and even a 6-man match or two. Not sure how well Hansen pairs with Rich and Garvin, but he and Dibiase were a beast of a team back in the day (running Rock and Roll Express out of Mid-South).

Honestly,if Hansen ever does team with a Garvin,I sorta hope it's Ron Garvin instead of Jimmy;Ron and Stan might make a good "rough and tumble" type of team....I would think he'd also do well wil Dick Slater or Dick Murdoch(speaking hypothetically,as you don't have either of them on your roster).

exactly my thoughts. Hansen and J.Garvin would be like a "beauty and the beast" type team - I just can't see it going far. But throwing him with Dibiase to team against Larry Z and Buzz Sawyer furthers both current storylines and maybe let's them switch opponents since neither is clicking very well (Hansen vs Buzz, Ted vs Larry). If the team gels with good chemistry, it would be a great feud later against the Freebirds (setting up Stan vs Ole). Hansen is another that could easily make the move to the "dark side" down the road, but want to see him go against Gordy first.

Archived