WWF 1998: What if Bret had Stayed?

No.1 Contender for the Light Heavyweight Title

Super Loco vs. Taka Michinoku

Been around longer, if I recall correctly. Plus, he's probably got more of a rep in the states.

Debut Match

Rhino vs. Flash Funk

Wow, this could not be much more obvious..

The New Hart Foundation (Bulldog and Niedhart) vs. Edge and Christian

E&C aren't ready for a win of this size..

Owen Hart vs. Jeff Jarrett

Honestly, neither could use a loss this close to WM, so I'm not discounting a draw, but if I had to choose, I'd definately go with Owen.

Rocky Maivia vs. Kama Mustafa

Rocky will tear through the Nation like a knife through butter..

Sid Vicious vs. The Undertaker

Let's hope Sid doesn't sh*t himself here..:p

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Loco vs. Taka Michinoku - TAKA strikes me as being more established

Debut Match

Rhino vs. Flash Funk - someone's getting gooorreeed

The New Hart Foundation (Bulldog and Niedhart) vs. Edge and Christian - I'd like them to slap on a surprise win, and cause Bulldog and Neidhart to chase them

Owen Hart vs. Jeff Jarrett - I love an arrogant double J, and again I want Owen Hart to chase Jarrett a bit, before hopefully going over for a shot at Bret

Rocky Maivia vs. Kama Mustafa - 'nuff said

Sid Vicious vs. The Undertaker - Not a major Sid fan to be frank.

Continuing to love this, I voted for you in the realworld poll and I really hope you pull it off. I'm really excited everytime I see one of your shows go up. I say that with full sincerity. What I really like about this is that it's realistic, nothing is... hot-shotted. Everything seems really well thought of, strategic if you will, with a bit of a vision. That takes guts on these types of boards because people are always looking for the hot angle or the major turn that shocks everyone, and here you have obviously a longer term plan in place which makes your story sustainable and interesting.

Very good stuff indeed, and once again, good luck in the DOTM.

Thanks again for the predictions guys. I don't know what i'd do without you. :D Also thanks to everybody who has voted for this diary thus far whether that was last month in the rookie poll or this month in the real diary one. I really appreciate all the support.

Continuing to love this, I voted for you in the realworld poll and I really hope you pull it off. I'm really excited everytime I see one of your shows go up. I say that with full sincerity. What I really like about this is that it's realistic, nothing is... hot-shotted. Everything seems really well thought of, strategic if you will, with a bit of a vision. That takes guts on these types of boards because people are always looking for the hot angle or the major turn that shocks everyone, and here you have obviously a longer term plan in place which makes your story sustainable and interesting.

Very good stuff indeed, and once again, good luck in the DOTM.

I'm glad your continuing to enjoy this mate. You've been here from the start so i'm pleased to see you've spotted that their are long term plans in place. Before the diary started I took about two weeks to plan things properly and I have lots of things penciled in for late in the year all the way up to next years wrestlemania. Thanks for the feedback you've given so far. It's always good to see what your readers think.

---------------------------

You may have noticed that shows have been more sporadic recently which is due to me having a lot on my plate. I've recently started a job (about 18 hours a week) plus college which meant I was already out of the house from 8 until nearly 5 every week day anyway, but now some nights i'm not back until past 10. I'm not too sure when the next show will be up, but i'm hoping by the end of the weekend. I think anything early than that is a bit optimistic. Despite being busy I have no plans at all to end this or even take a break. Whenever I get some spare time i'll use it to write the shows.

Sorry for the delay on the show guys. I've been rather busy recently, but hopefully i'll be able to get the shows up a little bit faster from now on. Thanks for the predictions and the votes in the real world poll. It's greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

WWF Raw is War

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6358/rawiswarlogobq0.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8448/jimrossdm5.jpghttp://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5528/jimcornetteaf0.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6050/jerrylawlerfd0.jpg

Ross: Hello folks and welcome to Raw is War, the place to be on Monday nights. Last week we saw a completely different side to Owen Hart and then later in the night a completely different side to his brother Bret aswell.

A video plays highlighting last week’s events. It shows Owen shouting profanity at his brother who couldn’t even look him in the eyes and then it flipped to backstage where Bret was pummelling his brother who was walking along unarmed to his car. It showed the vicious attempt by Bret to dismantle his brother’s face through the car window which thankfully didn’t collapse. The video finished with Bret staring sickeningly at his brother who was lying on the floor presumably unconscious.

Lawler: Terrible scenes. I couldn’t quite believe what I was viewing. I mean, that’s his own brother!

Cornette: Oh shut up king! Somebody had to teach that toe rag a lesson and I think it was fitting that it was Bret. He’ll get the job finished at Mania.

Ross: We don’t know if the two will face off at Mania, but after last week it is difficult to see Owen saying no.

Cornette: He’ll say no if he knows what’s good for him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The camera cuts backstage where a limousine is shown arriving. A team of security is on the scene already and as one of them opens the door, Shane McMahon steps out and is immediately surrounded by his protection. They form a sort of shield around him and head off down the corridor to his locker room.

Ross: Shane isn’t taking chances tonight. He knows his father doesn’t want him in the building.

Cornette: What the hell!? Vince made it clear last week that Shane wouldn’t be allowed in the arena.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpg

Suddenly the music of Owen Hart begins to sound and he wanders out from the back complete with a bandaged head and a very irate look. The fans give him a huge reception, but he simply doesn’t react. He receives a microphone from a member of the ringside crew, waits for the applause to die down, and then addresses the crowd.

He points to the bandage on his head.

Owen: The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be? Bulls**t!

Loud pop from the sold out crowd.

Owen: You know what, I can’t do this. I want this ended right here right now. I’m out here alone so Bret you no good coward, you son of a b***h, get your good for nothing ass out to this ring and we’ll settle this right here right god damn now!

http://i29.tinypic.com/vfk2gp.jpg

Bret’s classic music sounds which used to be met with a huge array of cheering, but now it is a complete contrast. He stutters out from the back arrogantly and stands on the ramp wearing a smug grin as he stares down at his brother and the damage he caused to him last week.

Bret: Wait just one min…

Owen: Get down to this ring and look me in the eye. You can attack me from behind, but let’s see what you do when we’re face to face. Get down here, NOW!

Owen begins breathing heavily and is starting to get agitated as he summons Bret to join him in the ring.

Bret: I’m not going anywhere.

As soon as Bret finishes his sentence Owen storms from the ring hurling profanities down the ramp to his brother who looks taken aback as Owen comes sprinting down. Bret slyly, but cowardly goes through the curtain which causes the fans to increase the noise around the arena. This doesn’t bother Owen who heads straight for the curtain, but as he gets close a steel chair appears from behind it and flattens the on rushing Owen Hart who flies backwards onto the unforgiving steel ramp. The threesome of Bret, Roaddog and Billy Gunn emerge from behind the curtain looking amused at the fallen Owen on the ramp. They share a laugh, but quickly depart from the scene thinking that the cavalry would soon arrive. They anticipated it well as only moments later Bulldog and Niedhart materialized to help their buddy to the back.

Cornette: What a plan from Bret! He is just way too smart for somebody like Owen.

Super Loco vs. Taka Michinoku

http://i31.tinypic.com/2604gi0.jpgvs.http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4974/takamichinokucf2.jpg

As expected this one displayed a very fast pace from the start and as expected the two friends shared a respectful handshake prior to the match. Once the match begun though, you wouldn’t have thought the two had been tagging together in recent weeks as both men went all out for this rare opportunity to face the Light Heavyweight Champion. Taka Michinoku was the most impressive throughout the match which was clear for all to see despite his efforts to put over Super Loco the best he could. He won a frantic match after a distinctive spinning moonsault which left the crowd in awe.

Winner: Taka Michinoku

Match Rating: E+

Post match Taka Michinoku helped up Super Loco and the two shared a heartfelt hug in the ring before moving to the back together.

Jeff Jarrett is seen backstage smugly walking along the corridor. He turns the corner and Goldust just appears from a shadowed patch.

Jarrett: Argghh!

Goldust: Whats wrong Jeffrey?

Jarrett: God almighty. I’ve never jumped like that in my life. I thought you might be Lynn.

Goldust: I think you need your eyes testing Jeffrey.

Jarrett: I do not need my eyes testing and will you stop calling me Jeffrey!

Goldust: But that’s your name.

Jarrett: It doesn’t matter. We can’t get sidetracked with stupid things like this. We both need to be on our toes, you never know who could be lurking behind a corner as I just found out.

Goldust begins creeping around on his top toes behind Jarrett who continues to walk down the corridor. He looks back at Goldust and stops in his tracks.

Jarrett: What the hell are you doing?

Goldust: I’m on my top toes like you said Jeffrey.

Jarrett: Arrggghhhh! I just meant stay alert and will you stop calling me Jeffrey!!

Rhino vs. Flash Funk

http://i35.tinypic.com/2saf28o.jpgvs.http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3612/2coldscorpious6.jpg

Funk seemed very intimidated by the intense approach that Rhino offers and it showed during the match. Rhino was impressive throughout the bout and threw Funk around like a ragdoll. He finished the match, after he had had his fun, with a vicious gore.

Winner: Rhino

Match Rating: E-

Cornette: I wouldn't want to get in the way of that move.

Lawler: That was probably the most intense spear I have ever seen

We head into the locker room of Kane and Paul Bearer as he tries to explain his actions last week. Kane just sits on the bench seemingly not listening although it is unclear what Kane is really doing. Bearer continues to plead with Kane to allow his mistake to go unnoticed, but the only movement Kane makes is a slight turn of the head in the direction of his manager.

Backstage, Triple H strides angrily along the corridor trying to hit as many people as possible with his shoulder. He reaches the office entitled Vince McMahon and enters without knocking. Vince is on the phone.

Triple H: We need to talk.

Vince: Whoa, Hunter. You can’t just barge in here while I’m on the phone. (Turns his attention away from Triple H) Give me five minutes and I’ll call you back.

He drops the phone as a menacing Triple H stands over his desk.

Vince: This better be important.

Triple H: Oh it is Vince. You saw Shamrock help out Owen last week. He came out and attacked DX. We can’t let him get away with that so I want to teach him a lesson.

Vince: What do you have in mind?

Triple H: I want him and Mania. For the Intercontinental Title.

Vince considers Triple H’s proposal for a moment before addressing him.

Vince: And what’s in it for me? You’ve interrupted my phone call and I get nothing out of it?

Triple H: I’ll make sure Austin doesn’t make it to Mania.

Vince: How in the world are you going to manage that?

Triple H: You don’t have to worry about that. Give me my title shot and I’ll get it done.

Vince: You’ve got two weeks. Do what you have to do and that shot is yours.

Triple H nods at Vince and then heads out of the door as Vince is left wondering what will happen to Austin.

The New Hart Foundation (Bulldog and Niedhart) vs. Edge and Christian

http://i27.tinypic.com/1zmkuhl.jpghttp://i31.tinypic.com/125pbox.jpgvs.http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/949/edge1998lk4.jpghttp://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5543/christian1998lt5.jpg

The young team of Edge and Christian gave Bulldog and Niedhart a few scares in this match, especially Niedhart who was still recovering from the hit he took from the car a few weeks ago. Edge and Christian showed their developing strategy as they targeted the weakened Niedhart for most of the match, but once Bulldog was introduced it was a completely different story. He won the match with a running powerslam to Christian.

Winner: The New Hart Foundation

Match Rating: E+

Backstage in the locker room on Degeneration X, Triple H charges through the door as Michaels and Bret were in deep conversation.

Triple H: What are you two talking about?

Michaels: Nothing Hunter, nothing.

Triple H: Ah it doesn’t matter. I’ve just got myself a shot and the Intercontinental Title and all we have to do is take out Austin.

Michaels: What are you playing at?! I have Mankind, Bret has Owen, The Outlaws have the tag titles to worry about. You’re not doing it Hunter. We need you to help us out.

Triple H: No way! This is my moment. I’m tired of doing your dirty work. Bret’s the newcomer. Let him do your dirty work. We need to concentrate on winning this title from Shamrock.

Michaels: Whoa! The main priority here is MY title. This group needs to win back the WWF Title, who gives a f**k about the Intercontinental Title?

Triple H: I don’t believe this. I thought we were best friends and you’re not letting me go for this title. You can’t tell me what to do anymore.

Triple H storms out of the locker room slamming the door behind him. Michaels takes off after him, but Bret grabs him by the shoulder and tells Shawn that he’ll talk to him. Michaels kicked a sports drink which was lying on the floor in frustration.

Michaels: I don’t need this three weeks before Mania!

Ross: The pressure is getting to Michaels. He looks like he'll flip at any moment.

Cornette: The title will find its way to DX at Wrestlemania regardless of whether Michaels is under pressure or not.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9440/vincemcmahonea6.jpghttp://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6103/sidviciousdf5.jpg

‘No Chance’ blares out around the arena and Vince McMahon accompanied by his bodyguard Sid Vicious strut up the ramp as the crowd hurl insults.

Vince: Shuttt uppp!

This, as you would expect, only incensed the crowd further.

Vince: I’ll just ignore you pieces of trash. The reason I’m out here is very simple. I need to talk to me son. Shane, just get your damn ass out here now before I send Sid back there to personally hand it to me.

Sid smiles as they both await the arrival of Vince’s son.

Vince: Come on! We’ve all seen you arrive earlier.

http://i35.tinypic.com/6sc7qe.jpg

Shane’s theme sounds and the crowd give him a great reception. They haven’t forgotten he was the one to save Austin’s WWF career.

Shane: What do you want dad? I’m here now tell me what you need to know?

Vince: (sounding shocked) Well why the hell you have sided with that good for nothing redneck for a start?!

Shane: You can’t go about this business in the way you do. Austin hasn’t done anything wrong and there’s no way he deserved the punishment you’ve tried to dish out these past few months. I make my own decisions now and I don’t need you anymore.

Vince: You don’t know what you’re talking about Shane. This is family and you’ve choose a man that I personally hate. You can never be a McMahon again.

Shane: That name means nothing to me. I won’t stand back and let you try to fire an innocent man.

Vince: What can you do Shane? The man doesn’t even want to know you and to be honest that must be the only thing we have in common.

Vince signalled for Sid to make his move. He pounces across the ring and grabs Shane who tries his very best to fight out of the monsters grasp. Sid holds him in the middle of the ring and Vince gets ready to deliver some punishment to his son. He starts talking some trash and getting right into his son’s face, but only receives an eye full of saliva. This exasperated Vince further and he begins slapping both cheeks of Shane simultaneously. A distinct sound of breaking glass booms across the arena which could only mean the arrival of one man.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pqnjhd.jpg

Austin sprints to the ring wasting little time as Sid throws Shane into the corner to prepare. Austin slides in through an attempted grab by Sid and quickly unloads with a barrage of punches on the much bigger, but much slower Sid. Vince watches in horror as his bodyguard is tossed from the ring and Austin begins to close in on Vince. Austin seizes him and throws him over the top rope to his bodyguard. Rather than engaging with Shane, Austin decides to make his way to the back. The situation between these two remains unclear, but it must have taken a turn for the better tonight.

Owen Hart vs. Jeff Jarrett

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpgvs.http://i31.tinypic.com/34e6g0k.jpg

Jarrett was attempting his usual tricks from the very beginning, but Owen, who has a great wrestling brain on him, had them well scouted. Jarrett began to shy away from his underhanded approach and showed everybody that he was a very competent wrestler, especially Owen who was on the receiving end in the ring. Owen managed to battle through this though and despite the match being very even for large periods, he brought proceedings to a close with the sharpshooter.

Winner: Owen Hart

Match Rating: C+

Attention diverts to the titantron where Bret Hart is running out in the car park chasing after Triple H.

Bret: Hunter, stop! We need to talk!

Triple H stops a bit further up, but doesn’t turn around. When Bret reached him he took a moment to catch his breath.

Triple H: What the hell do you want?

Bret: Hunter man we can’t go on like this. We’re both part of this group and we need to stick together. I’ve got your back pal.

Triple H: Well I ain’t got yours.

Triple H storms off causing Bret to gain chase again. Triple H then turns around and shoves Bret forward with so much velocity that he falls back onto the concrete outside. He stares at Bret for a moment who looks shocked, but then just walks off looking for his car.

Lawler: Triple H is really causing tension within DX. He needs to be careful.

Cornette: He'll see sense soon.

Ross: If you ask me he has a right to pursue the Interconinental Title. He shouldn't have to do Michaels' dirty work.

Cornette: He needs to do what is better for the good of DX JR. You don't see Bret going after any titles.

Rocky Maivia vs. Kama Mustafa

http://i27.tinypic.com/2zj98og.jpgvs.http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7555/kamazy1.jpg

Kama’s heart doesn’t seem to be in The Nation anymore, in fact it seems as though he just wants to pursue his tag team career with D’lo Brown. Rocky basically dominated the match against the bigger Kama. He put his opponent away with the rock bottom sending a message to Farooq.

Winner: Rocky Maivia

Match Rating: C

Post match Rocky Maivia picked up a microphone from ringside.

Rocky: You better watch out Farooq because Rocky is coming for you. I just beat this jabroni with ease tonight so let's end this at Wrestlemania. Rocky versus Farooq.

Ross: Rocky laying down the challenge for Farooq, but will he accept.

Cornette: He will and he'll teach this young c*cky Rocky a lesson aswell. The Nation will return better than ever after Wrestlemania.

The Tag Team Champions, Billy Gunn and Roaddog, The Outlaws were walking along backstage without a care in the world. They walked past Super Loco and Roaddog forced his shoulder into the Light Heavyweight who fell backwards. He simply stood back up and walked away quickly looking down at the floor as The Outlaws were nearly rolling around laughing. As they turned a corner Roaddog walked straight into the WWF Commissioner Sgt. Slaughter. He immediately stopped in his tracks.

Slaughter: Listen up maggots!

Gunn: Whoa don’t you talk to the Tag Te…

Slaughter: Maybe for now, but lets see if you still have that gold around your waist come Wrestlemania. You’ve successfully defended your titles recently against British Bulldog and Jim Niedhart and The Nation, but you blatantly cheated in all matches.

The Outlaws: No Way. We errr never errr cheated.

Slaughter: Shut up! Well you have to defend those titles against both of those teams in a triple threat tag team match at Wrestlemania. Let’s see you cheat your way out of that one.

Slaughter walks off feeling pleased with himself as The Outlaws are left fuming.

Ross: Let's see the Outlaws cheat their way out of that one.

Again the camera takes us backstage, but this time into the locker room of WWF Champion Mankind who has been keeping a low profile recently. Intercontinental Champion Ken Shamrock walks in, belt laying over his shoulder, Mankind immediately gets to his feet and squares up to Shamrock, but Shamrock motions him to sit down.

Shamrock: This isn’t about a battle of the Champions Mankind. It’s about how we can keep our Titles.

Mankind looks intrigued as he sits down to hear what Shamrock has to say.

Shamrock: You know Triple H is gunning for a match with me at Wrestlemania and if it was up to me I’d just fight him here and now. You have Michaels to contend with and we know what types of tricks this guys have up their sleeves. I’m talking about an alliance between me and you and The Hart Foundation aswell just to make sure we all make it to Wrestlemania unscathed.

Mankind slightly drops his head then offers out his hand to Shamrock who gladly takes it before exiting from the Champions’ locker room.

Ross: An alliance between the Hart Foundation, The Intercontinental Champion and the Heavyweight Champion? DX must be running scared now.

Cornette: The soon to be former Intercontinental and Heavyweight Champions though JR.

Sid Vicious vs. The Undertaker

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6103/sidviciousdf5.jpgvs. http://i36.tinypic.com/14ipjwz.jpg

The beginning was a just a show of power as both men locked up looking to move the other. Sid managed to power Undertaker in the turnbuckle which caused him to become arrogant, this fired up the Undertaker though and he upped his game powering Sid into the opposite turnbuckle when they locked up again. This angered Sid and he went right for Undertaker, but was met with a huge haymaker which knocked Sid off his feet. He rolled out of the ring to recover, but Undertaker was right on his tail not allowing him a moments rest.

Undertaker quickly rolled Sid back into the ring as the referee reached eight on the count and began working his stomach with a body scissors. This was very much the proceedings for the next few minutes as The Undertaker was using his experience in the ring wearing down Sid at his own pace. The cards were turned though when Sid kicked out of a huge Undertaker clothesline and swiftly gave the Deadman a thumb to the eyes which gave him the opening he needed.

Sid dominated the next several minutes with some deceiving yet effective offensive. He constantly drove the forearm into the face of the Undertaker and teased the Deadman to the crowd’s displeasure. Sid came behind Undertaker and began slapping his face as undertaker was turned to the crowd. This was greeted with an even hotter reaction, but it soon changed as The Undertaker, showing a brilliant display of strength drove up with his legs keeping Sid on his shoulders. He managed to twist a helpless Sid around and coerce his head onto the mat for the tombstone.

Winner: The Undertaker

Match Rating: B

Raw Rating: B-

Nitro Rating: B-

Raw TV Rating: 3.98

WCW Nitro Results

Vicious and Delicious def. Glacier and Ernest Miller

The Booty Man def. Prince Iaukea

Juventud def. Villano IV, Chavo Jr. and Perry Saturn

Knobbs, Saggs and Rey Mysterio Jr. def. Wright, Taylor and Wallstreet

Randy Savage def. Rick Steiner

Booker T def. Lex Luger

WWF Raw is War Preview

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ywh5ww.jpg

Another action packed edition of Monday Night War is Raw bares witness to a main event consisting of Intercontinental Champion Ken Shamrock and former Heavyweight Champion Bret Hart. Both men are locked into feuds with allies of their opponent and will be looking to do them a favour here aswell as wanting some momentum for themselves. The question is after what transpired last week on Raw will Bret Hart be willing to do Triple H a favour here?

After recent mishaps Kane is looking to get back on track before his showdown at Wrestlemania with The Undertaker. He faces Bradshaw who will be revelling off the win he got at No Way Out against his former manager. Kane needs to make sure he gets the job done tonight, but The Undertaker may see this as a perfect opportunity to weaken Kane.

The Light Heavyweight Title will be contested and Edge and Christian look to get back on track after a defeat last week. The show will also feature Rocky Maivia and the newest addition to the locker room, Rhino.

Quick Picks

Light Heavyweight Championship

Great Sasuke © vs. Taka Michinoku

Rhino vs. Tajiri

Rocky Maivia vs. D’lo Brown

Edge and Christian vs. Kid Kash and Marc Mero

Kane vs. Bradshaw

Non Title Match

‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ Ken Shamrock vs. Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart

Rhino vs. Tajiri

Kane vs. Bradshaw

Kane takes out some frustrations on Bradshaw

Non Title Match

The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ Ken Shamrock vs. Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart

Shamrock's stock rises with a win over the former champ - nontitle or not. Hart stays strong, but has his sights on other targets right now - not as motivated at taking on the I/C champ.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologise for the delay in the update, but i've just been really busy with College, work and other things. I'll be starting work on the next show tonight so I think i'll be able to get it up at the end of the weekend and then i'll begin writing Wrestlemania.

Thanks a lot for the predictions, Olympia, it's great to see new people making picks. I hope your enjoying the diary and continue to read.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWF Raw is War

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8448/jimrossdm5.jpghttp://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5528/jimcornetteaf0.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6050/jerrylawlerfd0.jpg

Ross: Hello and welcome to Raw is War. Last week we found out that all is not well within Degeneration X as arguments ensued between Triple H and Bret Hart. I don’t know about you guys, but I want to see what long term effect this will have on DX.

Cornette: I’m sorry to disappoint you JR, but there isn’t going to be any long term effect. In fact there isn’t going to be any effect at all. Triple H will grow up and realise that the Championship is the most important thing and that he needs to be a part of DX to help make that dream become reality.

Ross: Well it certainly isn’t my dream.

Lawler: Nor mine.

Cornette: Nobody cares what you guys think, that’s why I’m down here in this booth aswell. You guys might not like it, but it’s going to happen.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2192/mankind1998rs8.jpg

The music of the current Champion plays out around the arena and he walks to the ring with a purpose, his Championship draped over his shoulder as the fans go wild for him.

Ross: There we go. The rightful Champion and the man who will, if there is a god, be walking out of Wrestlemania with the belt.

Cornette simply shakes his head slowly indicating to Ross that that won’t happen. He does it in a sort of teasing way which clearly irritates Ross.

Mankind: Well normally you’ll see me attempting to retrieve some momentum ahead of my title defence at Wrestlemania, but it seems that Triple H is doing that for me. Big thumbs up to you Trips.

Mankind puts a ‘cheesy’ thumbs up as the crowd are enjoying Mankind driving DX further apart.

Mankind: Now enough of that because Triple H, well he doesn’t matter. The only person that matters is the man I’ll be facing at Wrestlemania, Shawn Michaels. He’s cheated and tricked his way to this spot after, I’ll agree, unfairly losing his title, but that still isn’t the way to go about getting your shot. I saw how much you (he directs this at the fans) were upset when Michaels won the Rumble seemingly with as little effort as possible. It upset me aswell. I’ve worked my way up from the very bottom and somebody like Michaels comes along and receives a title shot as easily as that. That doesn’t cut it in my book and just makes me want to teach him a lesson. I’ll show him at Mania that we’re in the real world and you don’t get anywhere with out hard work.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2a77reu.jpghttp://i29.tinypic.com/vfk2gp.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/570/jessejames1998dc9.jpghttp://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8372/billygunn19982gk3.jpg

He drops the microphone and slowly climbs out of the ring, but is soon forced to take refuge there once again as the music of Degeneration X play and Michael’s leads out Bret and the Outlaws.

Michaels stops close to the ring and brings the microphone up to his mouth as Bret and The Outlaws climb onto the apron and into the ring. Mankind readies himself for some combat.

Michaels: How about we teach you a lesson right now.

Michaels drops the microphone to a great thud and directs his team to restrain Mankind. They do and Michaels gets ready to deliver some sweet chin music, but…

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpghttp://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8081/kenshamrockxt7.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/1zmkuhl.jpghttp://i31.tinypic.com/125pbox.jpg

Mankind’s new found allies sprint from the back and eliminate any immediate danger the Champion was in. They toss all four members all the ropes and help up Mankind. Shamrock hands him his belt and the two raise their respective Titles in the air to the delight of the crowd and distaste of DX. DX weren’t staying to fight which could have been down to the fact they were outnumbered without Triple H.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8465/greatsasukeqs4.jpgvs.http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4974/takamichinokucf2.jpg

A typical match that we are coming to see from the Light Heavyweight division, fast paced, technical and superbly executed aerial attacks. Taka Michinoku showed everyone how much he’s been improving since joining the company, but it still wasn’t a match for the Champion who managed to retain his strap after a Michinoku Driver.

Winner and still Light Heavyweight Champion, Great Sasuke

Match Rating: D

Backstage we enter the locker room of Degeneration X. Triple H walks in and immediately Bret stands up to confront him, but Michaels pulls him back down.

Michaels: Watch yourself Bret.

Bret: (surprised) Didn’t you see what the son of a b***h did last week?

Triple H: Don’t you dare talk to me like that old man.

Bret: Or what?

Triple H: I can do a lot more damage than I did last week and you’ll find that out soon enough.

Bret tries to fight out of Michaels grasp.

Bret: We’ll see who does the damage. I’ll slap that co*kiness right off your face.

Michaels relives his grasp, but steps in front of Bret instead.

Michaels: Sit down.

Bret doesn’t budge.

Michaels: SIT DOWN!!

Bret obliges this time.

Michaels: You too Hunter.

Triple H does he same.

Michaels: This has to stop. Wrestlemania is two damn weeks away and we need to win that title. We need it. All our hard work will be for nothing. Now stand up and shake hands and we put this behind us.

Both men stand up and Bret reluctantly extends his hand. Triple H ponders over it for a while before deciding what to do.

Triple H: Nah. That just doesn’t cut it.

Bret lets out a sharp short as Triple H turns his back and storms out of the room. Michaels bestows him a worried look. Bret attempts to talk to Michaels, but he is cut off.

Michaels: Nah I don’t want to hear it Bret, you’re the older man and you need to start acting like it. We need to get Hunter back on our side before he does something stupid.

Cornette: (anticipating a snide comment from Ross) It means nothing. DX have no problems so just be quiet.

Ross: I never said a word.

Rhino vs. Tajiri

http://i35.tinypic.com/2saf28o.jpgvs.http://i28.tinypic.com/izuzav.jpg

Tajiri was manhandled in this match. Everybody knew Rhino could end this how and when he wanted, but he played around with the Light Heavyweight before finishing him off with a nasty gore.

Match Rating: F

Post match Rhino crouched in the corner ushering Tajiri to stand. When Tajiri finally did stand he was floored almost instantly with another terrifying gore which drew some heat from the crowd.

Ross: What a disgraceful human being. He nearly broke Tajiri in half. Twice!

Cornette: Just don't get in his way is all i've got.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9440/vincemcmahonea6.jpghttp://i47.tinypic.com/2val4lk.jpg

The owner, Vince McMahon, makes his way to the ring accompanied by his bodyguard, Sid Vicious.

Vince: I know what you’re thinking. What does Vince have to say about Austin now? Well I’m not out here to say anything about that no good redneck.

The fans boo the comment.

Vince: I’m out here for a totally different reason. You see, somebody has been getting in the way of my plans for far too long. I do one thing and he stops it, I do something else and hes there again. It’s enough and it needs to end at Wrestlemania. I’m putting everything on the line so Slaughter, me and you one on one for full booking privileges of Raw!

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5897/sgtslaughteryf3.jpg

The crowd cheer this which grows louder as Slaughter appears on the titantron.

Slaughter: You think I’m stupid Vince? You’ll have all shorts of tricks up those sleeves.

Vince: One on one Slaughter. You’re the wrestler here. I’m willing to lose everything to gain everything.

Slaughter: One condition Vince. Just one. Ringside interference completely banned. That’s Sid and anybody else you try to recruit not allowed out in the arena. The same condition applies for me. It will definitely be just you versus me.

Vince looks as though he’s about to say no to Slaughter request, but…

Vince: Okay. No outside interference from Sid or anybody. The only people in the ring will be you, me and the referee.

Slaughter nods pleasingly as Vince stares straight at him on the titantron as Sid tries to warn Vince what hes just done.

Lawler: Vince versus Slaughter at Wrestlemania! Thats huge! How can Vince have a chance against an accomplished wrestler such as Slaughter?

Ross: I don't think he was anticipating the clause the Slaughter suggested.

Cornette: Slaughter needs removing from power and Vince will get the job done.

http://i27.tinypic.com/2zj98og.jpgvs.http://i30.tinypic.com/2qn9rw6.jpg

Brown put up more of a fight than Kama did the previous week, but he had the tag team titles match on his mind which was further proof the Nation is completely falling apart. Rocky hit the rock bottom on Brown and then snatched a microphone from ringside ready to deliver a message to Farooq.

Winner: Rocky Maivia

Rocky: I’ve had enough of beating up these jabroni’s week in week out Farooq. You get your ass out to this damn ring and accept Rocky’s challenge of a match at Wrestlemania.

Rocky waits in the ring motioning for Farooq to come down by extending his arm and making a weak fist with his hand. Farooq appears on the titantron which was obviously not what Rocky was wanting.

Farooq: You and me at Wrestlemania? You’re going down boy. Somebody needs to put you back in your place and I’ll take the job of doing that at Wrestlemania.

Farooq fades off the titantron as Rocky looks satisfied in the ring.

The camera fades backstage where the tag team Champions are discussing tactics for defending their Title at Wrestlemania when Bigelow and Vader appear and begin beating them senseless.

Bigelow: We’ve just come from Vince McMahon’s office and guess what?

Vader: You have a new team to contend with at Wrestlemania.

Lawler: Does this mean Vader and Bigelow have been added to the tag team match?

Ross: I think it does.

Cornette: The Outlaws are fantastic Champions, but I just can't see them walking out of Mania with the titles now this monsterous team have been added.

http://i45.tinypic.com/25ill53.jpghttp://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5543/christian1998lt5.jpgvs.http://i38.tinypic.com/2yobcp5.jpghttp://i25.tinypic.com/1zpmalw.jpg

Kash and Mero had obvious problems at the start having never teamed together before, but they soon found a sort of rhythm and caused problems for Edge and Christian. The youthful team used their tag team experience well and overcame their opponents to get back on track.

Winners: Edge and Christian

Match Rating: D+

The crowd suddenly go crazy and a few seconds later we find out it was because ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin was walking backstage. Shane McMahon approaches him and taps him on the shoulder causing Austin to stop dead in his tracks and look back at Shane.

Shane: Hey man.

Austin continues to stare at Vince’s offspring.

Shane: Errr. Just wondering how you were? I mean you really kicked some ass last week, but I suppose that’s just usual Stone Cold.

Austin: Let me just stop you right there Shane. The only reason I came out last week was to take Sid and Vince by surprise. It had nothing to do with you so don’t go about acting like you’re my best god damn mate.

Shane: I don’t think that Austin. I’m just very grateful you came to my aid. That’s all.

Austin: I thought I just said I didn’t come out and help you Shane. I didn’t trust you from you start and I NEVER will and that’s the bottom line cos Stone Cold said so.

He turns his back on Shane and intensely walks off down the corridor taking Shane all the way back to phase one.

Kane vs. Bradshaw

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/189/kanemask1998vn6.jpgvs.http://i32.tinypic.com/20hlbte.jpg

The tough as nails Texan wasn’t going to back down from this fight despite Kane intimidating him in the early going. Bradshaw gave Kane problems throughout and even implemented a clothesline from hell, but Kane powered out of the ensuing pin attempt sitting up in the process, which caused Bradshaw to display a look of astonishment. Soon after Bradshaw was facing the roof after a chokeslam and a three count.

Winner: Kane

Match Rating: B-

As Kane looks down menacingly at his fallen opponent the lights temporarily fade out. When they return Kane is alone in the ring, Bearer is nowhere in sight. Kane looks puzzled and knows this could only be the work of one man. He carefully steps out of the ring, but soon begins to sprint as a lightning bolt narrowly misses him. Kane’s screams can be heard long after he goes out of view behind the curtain.

The camera takes us to a mysterious place. The following message flashes up on screen ‘The following is a Goldust Production’. Jarrett then appeared on screen as a light shone showing his face.

Jarrett: At Wrestlemania Jerry Lynn’s time has come. (Out of the corner of his mouth) Will you hold that god damn camera still Goldust.

Goldust: I’m trying, I’m trying.

Jarrett: (He clears his throat) As I was saying. Wrestlemania will be the final match of Jerry Lynn's disreputable career. It will be ended by the very man you’re looking at. You see Lynn I’m out here in the dead of night proving I’m not afraid of anything especially you. This promo, out here in these dark and scary woods is to show the whole wrestling world that Mr. Jeff Jarrett is the bravest man your ever likely to meet.

He pauses for a moment.

Jarrett: Can you hear that?

A strange noise sounds out and Jarrett looks as shocked as the rest of us, but manages to keep his concentration.

Jarrett: The sound of wolves.

Jarrett seems impressed as he says this.

Suddenly a light enters the room and it is soon clear they aren’t in the woods at all. The door had swung open and women was standing there.

Women: What in gods name is going on in here? Complete darkness and a video camera. No don’t tell me. Dustin, what are you wanting for you dinner?

Jarrett slaps his forehead and falls back as Goldust’s voice emerges.

Goldust: Just put some chips on mum. Jeffrey, do you want some aswell?

Jarrett sits back up and has a look as though he’s about to kill.

Ross: Oh dear.

Cornette: Why the hell has Jarrett associated himself with a freak like Goldust? Jarrett can become the biggest star in the company, a world title reign is just around the corner for him.

Ross: Maybe because everybody, but you and Goldust know just what a cheating son of a gun Jarrett really is.

Non Title Match

‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ Ken Shamrock vs. Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8081/kenshamrockxt7.jpgvs.http://i29.tinypic.com/vfk2gp.jpg

Bret attempted to ground Shamrock in the early going which took away his ability to hit any power moves. The match was a very even affair with both men sharing offence throughout. Both men had time to apply their respective submissions hold, but neither would tap to it. After around 15 minutes of action, Triple H walked intensively from the back and started beating the hell out of Shamrock which led to the referee disqualifying Bret.

Winner by Disqualification, Ken Shamrock

Bret was furious with Triple H post match and started pushing him away. Shamrock capitalised on this clotheslining Bret and locking on an ankle lock on Triple H. Owen Hart, Mankind, British Bulldog and Jim Niedhart sprinted out to the ring to make sure Shamrock was alright. He still had the ankle lock applied to Triple H. Bret managed to scamper up the ramp as the cavalry arrived and Triple H was left in the ring to receive a beating. There was no sign of the rest of DX as Bret slipped through the curtain.

Raw Rating: B-

Nitro Rating: B+

Raw TV Rating: 3.87

WCW Nitro Results

Glacier def. Psychosis

Perry Saturn def. Dean Malenko

Scott Norton def. Norman Smiley

Knobbs def. Finlay and Wright

Booker T def. John Tenta

Hulk Hogan def. DDP to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Title

WWF Raw is War Preview

The final stop before Wrestlemania is sure to be filled with fireworks. The main event consists of two of the companies biggest stars in Steve Austin and Triple H. If Triple H beats Austin then he will receive a shot at the Intercontinental Title at Wrestlemania. A victory over Austin would not only give him a title shot, but would help propel Triple H up to main event status. Will he be able to concentrate though with the future of DX called into question?

Two feuds collide in tag team action this week. The Champion teams with Owen Hart to face his challenger at Wrestlemania and Bret Hart. Will Owen Hart be able to keep his composure here being in the same ring with his deceiving brother? One thing is for sure, the winners here will surely have a huge advantage going into Wrestlemania so expect both teams to do all they can to score that vital pinfall.

All eight men competing in the tag team match at Wrestlemania will be in action tonight in fatal four way matches each containing a member of each team. Also, Jerry Lynn meets his nemesis, Jeff Jarrett, in a tag team match and Rhino attempts to continue his intense performance against Steve Blackman.

Don’t miss the final Raw is War before Wrestlemania!

Quick Picks

Roaddog vs. D’lo Brown vs. Vader vs. Jim Niedhart

Jerry Lynn and Great Sasuke vs. Jeff Jarrett and Goldust

Rhino vs. ‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

Billy Gunn vs. Kama Mustafa vs. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. British Bulldog

Mankind and Owen Hart vs. ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels and Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart

‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin vs. Triple H

Liked the Jarrett/Goldust bit, even though I kinda saw the punchline coming when I read the "scary noise" part. Still nice.

And even though it would seem like an odd way of going about both guys, I could kinda see Mero/Kash working out well as a full-time tandem, if booked right.

D'Lo was essentially jobbed out the week before, I think The Nation, in general, needs the biggest boost of momentum here.

If only because I definately see Lynn beating Jarrett at WrestleMania.

Rhino most certainly seems like an "Undefeated Streak to start out" type of dude..I have to say, though, I find it a bit odd you debuted him as close to WM as you did, as tradition states that most debuts come right after WrestleMania. Debuts in March are very rare..

The Champs and the Monster team need less momentum than either of the other two, so I predict the Hart Foundation to pick up this win.

Mankind and Owen Hart vs. ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels and Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart

Calling a draw here. A winner, either way, between these two would make the results for the top matches of WrestleMania far too fargone.

To say Austin has more to do at WM would be an understatement..although I suppose I could see one more McMahon screwjob before WM, just to add that extra "umph" to the story, but the IC Title stip kinda nullifies that, as that just seems far too sudden for the booking of a title match.

Liked the Jarrett/Goldust bit, even though I kinda saw the punchline coming when I read the "scary noise" part. Still nice.

And even though it would seem like an odd way of going about both guys, I could kinda see Mero/Kash working out well as a full-time tandem, if booked right.

Thanks for the feedback Zeel. I'm glad you liked that particular bit, I wasn't sure how it would go down, but i thought it was something a bit different to put in.

Mero and Kash was just a tag team I tried out to see if they worked well together in the game. I did it earlier with Taka Michinoku and Super Loco without really thinking much would come of it, but they've teamed toegther quite regularly now. I have some plans for Mero in the future which don't involve Kash, but I certainly agree they could make a good permanent feature in our tag division.

Basically, I just wanted to get Rhino debuted so he could pick up some quick momentum and popularity, he's always been a wrestler i've liked mainly because of his intensity in the ring. I have some new programs coming into light after Mania and TV time for him could be a bit limited unless I manage to secure a new TV show.

Many thanks again for the feeback and comments mate.

Well I just checked my watch and it is indeed Vader time! I thought it was between half past miller time and quarter to tool time, but Istand corrected.

They are all excellent, but only one is great!

Rhino vs‘The Lethal Weapon’ Steve Blackman

Given that you are keen on Rhino, this is probably a bad pick, but I just love Blackmans music like no other, so would like to hear it twice please.

He's British dammit.

Hitbreak and Hartman rule!

I think Trip should go to Mania and win the intercontinental title, I mean, it's such a shame he never really amounted to much in real life so throw him a bone here!

Thanks for the picks guys!

WWF Raw is War

Ross: Hello folks and welcome to the final stop before Wrestlemania. This is War is Raw and I’m Jim Ross.

Lawler: JR, I can’t believe Wrestlemania is nearly upon us. I’m getting Goosebumps already!

Cornette: It’s certainly going to be one hell of a show guys. Michaels crowned the new Champion, Vince gaining all power and Bret finally putting Owen back in his place.

Ross: I’m looking forward to after Wrestlemania just to see that smug grin wiped off your face as you realise things haven’t gone as you predicted.

Cornette scowls at Ross who ignores him and begins calling the rest of the show.

Ross: We have a huge main event tonight as Steve Austin takes on Triple H. Remember that if Triple H wins he gets a shot at Ken Shamrock’s Intercontinental Title at Wrestlemania. Let’s get straight to the action!

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2192/mankind1998rs8.jpghttp://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpghttp://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8081/kenshamrockxt7.jpg

The music of the Champion resounds around the arena and he walks out, Title swathed around his shoulder, along with Owen Hart and Intercontinental Champion Ken Shamrock.

Mankind: Just six days. In just six days time I will be defending this prominent belt on the grandest stage of them all. Wrestlemania, the pinnacle of any wrestling event, every kids dream, but not many get to live it. Shawn Michaels has tried anything and everything in his relentless pursuit of this title. I’m not going to lie, this will be my biggest challenger to date, but I know every one of you in the audience tonight and everybody who’ll be attending Wrestlemania doesn’t want to see the Championship fall into DX’s hands. So Michaels I say this to you. If you want this title then you’re going to have to kill me in six days time.

He passes over the microphone to Ken Shamrock.

Shamrock: In a way I really hope Triple H manages to beat Austin tonight.

This comment doesn’t receive a great reaction from the crowd.

Shamrock: Now don’t get me wrong. I hate that piece of garbage Triple H, but I really need somebody’s ass to beat at Wrestlemania!

Shamrock proves hes a man of few words as he passes the microphone over to Owen Hart.

Owen: Well I could stand here all day and tell you how much I despise a certain human being named Bret Hart, but you’d probably get sick of that very quickly and to be honest I’d get sick of saying the b**tards name. Bret, you can scout me as much as you want for Mania, you might think you’ll know everything I’m going to do, but you’d be wrong to. You’re going to see a complete a contrast in six days time. A completely new Owen Hart will walk into that ring and Bret I can guarantee that you won’t be the same Bret Hart after the match.

Cornette: None of them know what there talking about. Owen's talking utter jiberish Shamrock needs to stop acting like hes ten feet tall.

Ross: You find many superstars willing to go toe to toe with Shamrock at the moment.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/570/jessejames1998dc9.jpgvs.http://i30.tinypic.com/2qn9rw6.jpgvs.http://i48.tinypic.com/6xt7y0.jpgvs.http://i31.tinypic.com/125pbox.jpg

The match was very hard to keep up with and in the early going it was basically a three on one as they targeted one half of the tag team champions, Roaddog hoping to weaken him for Sunday. Niedhart and Vader both attempted to use power games here and both used them successfully, Vader was the more dominating though and it showed through in the then as he pinned Niedhart for the victory.

Winner: Vader

Backstage the camera pans around the locker room of Degeneration X as Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels are engaged in conversation.

Bret: Nah I won’t do it.

Michaels: Bret stop being so stubborn. I know you’ve had your differences in recent weeks, but we need Hunter back with the team.

Bret: He’s been the one causing all the problems. He doesn’t care about you Shawn, all he wants is glory for himself.

Michaels: No way man. Hunter is like a brother to me. I know him inside and out and I know he wants what’s best for me and this group.

Bret: Well recently it’s all been about him and this Intercontinental Title and he doesn’t seem bothered how much tension he causes in this group.

Michaels: Just be quiet Bret and do as you’re told.

Bret: I’m not doing it Shawn. If he’s so good then he can beat Austin by himself tonight.

Michaels: It’s not about that Bret. It’s about showing him you are ready to put the past behind. Making him feel part of the team again.

Bret: If you’re that bothered Shawn then you help Hunter tonight.

Bret storms out of the locker room as Michaels calls after him to return. He slumps into a chair with his head in his hands and shouts loud into the air showing that the stress was getting to him.

Jeff Jarrett is the first to enter for the tag match accompanied by his ever willing associate, Goldust.

Jarrett: I’ve done with the talking Lynn. Get your punk ass out to this ring and I’ll give you a taste of what you’re in for at Wrestlemania.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/276/jerrylynnkd2.jpghttp://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8465/greatsasukeqs4.jpgvs.http://i31.tinypic.com/34e6g0k.jpghttp://i35.tinypic.com/5vi21.jpg

Jerry Lynn entered the ring first eagerly awaiting a tie up with Jarrett, but he sent out Goldust to meet Lynn’s wrath. Jarrett stood on the apron looking to hit cheap shots whenever possible. Lynn and Sasuke controlled the match the most though, but couldn’t seem to put the resilient Goldust away. The big turning point was when Goldust managed to take Lynn to the outside and began to brawl with him. Sasuke ascended the top rope looking to hit a moonsault on a grounded Jarrett who turnout out to be playing possum. Sasuke landed front first onto the canvas and Jarrett quickly rolled him up as Lynn attempted to rush in from the outside.

Winners: Jarrett and Goldust

After the match Jarrett quickly slid out of the ring as Lynn slid in to help out the clearly hurt Light Heavyweight Champion. Jarrett was grinning at an angered Lynn all the way until he disappeared behind the curtain.

Cornette: The master of picking up the victory. He was laden with the burdon that is Goldust in this match and still managed to get the win. We'll see exactly the same in six days except this time it'll be Lynn on the receiving end of a three count.

We head backstage outside the locker room of The Nation of Domination as Kama Mustafa and D’lo Brown are discussing something.

D’lo: We just gotta go ahead and tell him.

Kama: Hes not gonna like it.

D’lo: We need to think about our careers. We’re getting nowhere with the Nation and now Rocky’s left it just isn’t the same.

Kama: But this could push Farooq over the edge. He wanted to create a dominant group within the Federation and I think he feels under pressure to beat Rocky at Mania and get this group back on track.

D’lo: So you’re saying we should wait until after Mania to see what goes down.

Kama: I think we should. You never know, it could be the beginning of an even better group. We might regret it if we walk away and Farooq has something great planned.

Suddenly the door swings open and Farooq steps out of the locker room.

Farooq: There you two are. Get in here. We have to discuss Mania plans.

He turns around, but then stops in his tracks and sounds confused.

Farooq: Why are you two just stood out here in the corridor?

D’lo: Errr. We were just errrr.

Kama: We thought you might have been, you know, in there.

Farooq eyes become narrow as he looks at Kama, but Kama just looks back hoping he’ll buy it.

Farooq: No, not before Mania guys you know that. I can’t risk anything before my match. Now after Mania well that’s a different matter. We’ll be partying long into the night.

Farooq turns around again and heads into the locker room as Kama and D’lo look at each other both with a look of relief etched onto their faces.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2saf28o.jpgvs.http://i30.tinypic.com/2m601dw.jpg

Blackman put up much more of a fight than Tajiri did the other week and actually caused the new superstar some problems, but he soon put proceedings to an end with a huge powerful gore.

Post match the technical producers muddled up the theme tunes and accidentally played Blackman’s tune! ;)

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9440/vincemcmahonea6.jpghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2j45xlv.jpg

‘No Chance’ blares out around the arena and Vince appears from behind the curtain closely followed by Sid Vicious.

Vince: Now I haven’t got all day so shhhuuutt uuuupppp!

This, as expected, generates a more raucous noise from the crowd.

Vince: You know that this man here is going to finally destroy ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin at Wrestlemania and I’m now going to throw around a little stipulation into the mix. I want to be at Wrestlemania and witness the downfall of Austin personally which is why I will be accompanying Sid to the ring and I will be in his corner throughout.

This is greeted by another hot response as they clearly know that Vince being at ringside will provide a constant distraction for Austin.

Vince: You didn’t think I’d forget about you Austin? It would only be fair if you had that bit of support aswell. God knows you’ll need all the help you can get. Another McMahon will be in your corner Austin. My son Shane!

Vince stammered on the word ‘son’ as though he didn’t quite want to admit that Shane was his child. Vince definitely considers it the ultimate betrayal. Joining forces with Austin.

Vince: I just have one more thing to address. Sgt. Slaughter, you think you’ll have no trouble beating me at Wrestlemania. I mean you are a former wrestler and a successful one at that, but your body is washed up now Slaughter. Your slow, weak and simply are no match for this.

Vince tears off his expensive shirt to reveal his ripped body. He starts to do all sorts of bodybuilding poses showing off his bulging muscles and vascularity.

Ross: Bah Gawd! I never knew Vince quite looked like that.

Cornette: Very impressive for a man in his fifties.

Lawler: Looking at that I don’t know how Slaughter is going to cope. It’s clear that Vince is more powerful.

Ross: But he doesn’t have the experience in the ring and the resolve of a wrestler. Yep that’s impressive, but Slaughter certainly has the edge in pure wrestling ability.

Vince: See you at Mania, Slaughter!

Vince walks off threateningly down the ramp moving his shoulders from side to side and spreading his arms out wide.

Backstage Kane is walking alone apparently looking for somebody. He begins to freak out as voices start whispering from out of nowhere. They are saying that at Wrestlemania Kane will rest in peace. He raises his hands to his ears and starts running down the corridor and out of the sight. The camera turns around and The Undertaker appears from behind the curtain looking as menacing as ever. He raises his hand in the air to show he has the edge on Kane, but suddenly he is clubbed from behind. Kane emerges with a terrifying look on his face. He continues to pummel his half brother and the fight transpires to out to the arena and onto the ramp. Kane decides to add the finishing touch and hoists Undertaker up for a tombstone. Undertaker’s head cracks the concrete as everybody in the arena gasps.

Ross: Bah Gawd! As god be my witness Kane just killed him right there!

Cornette: I like it. Taking care of The Undertaker before the match has even begun.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8372/billygunn19982gk3.jpgvs.http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7555/kamazy1.jpgvs.http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/346/bambambigelowku3.jpgvs.http://i27.tinypic.com/1zmkuhl.jpg

Very similar to the previous fatal four way in that it was tough to keep up with. Bulldog went straight for Billy Gunn looking to punish him for the recent goings on between the two factions. That left Bigelow to counter the threat of Kama Mustafa who like D’lo in the previous match didn’t look at his best which has been an occurring theme recently. Bulldog managed to execute a running powerslam to Gunn and quickly capitalised the win.

Winner: British Bulldog

After the match Vader hit Bulldog from behind indicating he thought Bulldog would be a danger in the tag match. He gave him a Powerbomb but as he turned around he was met with a clothesline from Kama Mustafa. Soon enough all the teams tag team partners had joined the fight and an eight man brawl developed in the ring and at ringside. Weapons in the from of the steel steeps or even the ramp were used to decapitate their opponents as the tag match loomed. Finally security and the ringside crew managed to gain some degree of controlled and by the time the show had returned from commercial the ring was clear.

Backstage ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin enters the office of Sgt. Slaughter. He was practising boxing with a punch bag seemingly getting ready for his match with Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania. When he noticed Austin he started unzipping his boxing gloves and took up his seat.

Slaughter: What are you wanting, Austin?

Austin: Just wanted to warn you about your match at Wrestlemania with Vince.

Slaughter: What about it? Interference is completely banned. It’s me versus him and we all know who will win that.

Austin: Do we? Then why are you training up for it?

He points over to the boxing equipment.

Slaughter: Ok I’ll admit that Vince must have something up his sleeve.

Austin: Yep because like you said he wouldn’t put everything on the line in a simple one on one match. He must have a plan.

Slaughter: What could it be?

Austin: I have no idea, but if you lose that match Slaughter it’s not just your head. Vince will have the power to do as he damn pleases and you aswell as I do that he’ll abuse the power. Just make sure you’re on your toes in that match and watch every single move Vince makes. Finish it as quickly as possible.

Slaughter nods at Austin worriedly who turns around and walks out of his office.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2192/mankind1998rs8.jpghttp://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpgvs.http://i47.tinypic.com/2m6kef8.jpghttp://i29.tinypic.com/vfk2gp.jpg

Bret tried his best to frustrate Owen in this match toying with him and leading him into mistakes. He made sure he was never in danger though and Michaels seemed happy enough to face Owen. The two had put on a stellar match weeks prior and the fans were more than happy to see more as the two put on five minutes of fast exciting technical wrestling. Later in the match after many battles between the four opponents Owen locked on the sharpshooter to Shawn Michaels in the centre of the ring who was looking in great distress. Bret stepped off the apron and wrestled a steel chair out of a ring crew’s grasp and seconds later it was wrapped around the head of his brother Owen not once, but twice! He referee had no choice, but to award the match to Mankind and Owen Hart through DQ, but it would certainly feel like a victory for DX as a brutal beat down ensued.

Winners by disqualification, Mankind and Owen Hart

Bret dismantled the chair some more, this time over the head of Mankind. He then tossed The Champion out of the ring and beared a sick smile as he turned slowly to face Owen. He stalked Owen for a moment before clutching his legs and turning him over for the devastating sharpshooter. Owen had no way out countering after being bloodied by the chair and almost immediately begun tapping the mat for Bret to break the hold, but in the back of his mind he knew Bret wouldn’t break it.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8081/kenshamrockxt7.jpghttp://i27.tinypic.com/1zmkuhl.jpghttp://i31.tinypic.com/125pbox.jpg

The cavalry sprinted to the ring, but Michaels still had to pull Bret off Owen, he would have probably kept the hold on all night if he could. The two managed to slip through the crowd before Owen’s buddies could react. Niedhart helped him up, but it was clear his legs were troubling him so to avoid any further problems Niedhart flung him over his shoulder and seemingly carried him off for some treatment.

If Triple H wins he becomes the No.1 Contender to the Intercontinental Title

http://i34.tinypic.com/2pqnjhd.jpgvs.http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7406/tripleh1998mt7.jpg

Triple H tried to stay focused during the match, but unlike him he was making silly mistakes allowing the more popular Austin chances that he just couldn’t let happen. It was clear he couldn’t concentrate with all that has been going on recently with DX. After a very open match of back and forth action and some near pinfalls, the fans responded in unison booing the arrival of Bret Hart who was walking angrily up the ramp. Bret took a seat at ringside which proved a constant distraction for Triple H who was having trouble anyway.

The pivotal point in the match happened when Triple H sent Austin crashing into the referee who collapsed in a heap in the ring. Bret’s eyes widened at ringside and he immediately picked up a steel chair and slid into the ring. He pushed Triple H who starting shaking his head at Bret telling him to forget about their recent arguments. He began bad mouthing Triple H and then flung the chair back and stalked Triple H who had retreated the mat. Suddenly Bret swung the chair at Austin who had just risen. The chair caught him straight in the head and sent him crashing back down to the mat. Triple H couldn’t believe the favour Bret had done for him and quickly shook the referee to life. As he was getting back to his feet Triple H hoisted up Austin for a pedigree and rapidly hooked the leg to go onto Wrestlemania as the No.1 contender for the Intercontinental Title.

Winner: Triple H

With Austin down in the ring Sid Vicious emerges from out of the crowd and begins to pummel him with closed fists.

While Sid batters the holy hell out of Austin, Triple H celebrates his unlikely victory in the ring, but the tension between Bret and Triple H seems far from over as Bret just walks down the ramp not even acknowledging Triple H in the ring.

The show ends as the camera cuts backstage to find Shane McMahon sprawled out in the corridor seemingly unconscious.

Ross: We're going to have to go off the air before anything else happens. See you in six days time for Wrestlemania 14!

Raw Rating: B

Nitro Rating: C+

Raw TV Rating: 3.80

WCW Nitro Results

The Booty Man def. Super Carlo

Perry Saturn def. Silver King to retain the WCW World Television Title

Glacier and Ernest Miller def. Ciclope and Shiryu

Chris Benoit against Disco Inferno ended in a no contest

Nash, Booker and Bagwell def. Knobbs, Jericho and Duggan

Scott Hall def. John Tenta

http://i48.tinypic.com/1ze9qiu.jpg

World Wrestling Federation Presents Wrestlemania 14

Preview

Jerry Lynn vs. Jeff Jarrett

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/276/jerrylynnkd2.jpgvs.http://i31.tinypic.com/34e6g0k.jpg

This feud started way back at In Your House when Jerry Lynn saved Jerry ‘the King’ Lawler from an inevitable post match assault by Jarrett. The two faced each other two weeks later on Raw with Jarrett claiming the victory after blatantly cheating. At The Royal Rumble Jarrett cut a promo declaring himself unhappy at being left out of singles action and though he should be headlining. Slaughter intervened and told him he’d face Lynn at No Way Out. After losing to The Undertaker and receiving a beating from Lynn all in one night Jarrett declared himself not medically fit to wrestle at No Way Out and was given the chance to choose Lynn a new partner. He chose Goldust who was prominently beaten by Lynn at the pay per view, but Jarrett interfered at the end of the match showing he wasn’t injured all along and telling Lynn he’d meet him at Mania. This started out as a feud between Jarrett and Lawler, but has quickly escalated into a very personal encounter between Jarrett and Lynn. Whoever takes the victory here will surely be riding a big wave of momentum after Wrestlemania.

Winner receives full booking privileges over Raw. No outside interference allowed.

‘WWF Commissioner’ Sgt. Slaughter vs. ‘The Owner’ Vince McMahon

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5897/sgtslaughteryf3.jpgvs.http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9440/vincemcmahonea6.jpg

Over the past couple of months Sgt. Slaughter has made his presence as Commissioner known by overturning many of Vince McMahon’s decision, mostly regarding Steve Austin. He even attempted to level the odds by bringing in Shane McMahon to help Austin combat Vince. A few weeks ago on Raw Vince stated he had had enough of Slaughter and wanted all booking right. This match was made, but not before Slaughter could fit in a little stipulation of his own. No outside interference. With everything on the line can Vince overcome a former wrestler?

Intercontinental Championship

‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ Ken Shamrock © vs. Triple H

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8081/kenshamrockxt7.jpgvs.http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7406/tripleh1998mt7.jpg

Being the tough competitor that he is, Intercontinental Champion Ken Shamrock wouldn’t have been happy to be sitting on the sidelines not defending his title at Wrestlemania. So he had been given his hardest challenger to date in the form of a ambitious Triple H who, recently, has only cared about one thing. Winning the Intercontinental Title. With a little help from Bret Hart he was able to overcome Steve Austin last week on Raw and as promised was given this shot at Shamrock’s title? Although he might not admit it Triple H knows it will take something special to capture this title tonight so has he got what it takes to end the dominant run of Shamrock?

Sid Vicious w. Vince McMahon vs. ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin w. Shane McMahon

http://i45.tinypic.com/2j45xlv.jpgw.http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9440/vincemcmahonea6.jpgvs.http://i34.tinypic.com/2pqnjhd.jpghttp://i35.tinypic.com/6sc7qe.jpg

There has been an ongoing hatred between Vince McMahon and Steve Austin ever since Vince attempted to Change Austin’s ways way back in December. Austin wouldn’t do it and has since incensed Vince to point of Vince booking him a 4 – 1 handicap match to determine his future in the promotion. The Nation couldn’t get the job done after a masked man interfered to save the career of Austin. Austin warned the masked man to stay away, but Vince booked a 3 – 2 handicap match for No Way Out containing Austin and the masked man against three of the most dominant superstars in the company Sid Vicious, Bam Bam Bigelow and Vader. Surprise filled the arena as Shane McMahon made his way to the ring. Shane tagged into the match which proved a huge mistake as Austin decided to abandon him allowing Vince to pick up an easy victory. Shane has pleaded with Austin this month to trust him, but to no avail. With Shane in Austin’s corner in this match, will the two be able to cooperate?

Tag Team Championships

New Age Outlaws © vs. The Nation vs. The New Hart Foundation vs. Bigelow and Vader

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8372/billygunn19982gk3.jpghttp://img80.imageshack.us/img80/570/jessejames1998dc9.jpgvs.http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7555/kamazy1.jpghttp://i30.tinypic.com/2qn9rw6.jpgvs.http://i27.tinypic.com/1zmkuhl.jpghttp://i31.tinypic.com/125pbox.jpgvs.http://i48.tinypic.com/6xt7y0.jpghttp://img413.imageshack.us/img413/346/bambambigelowku3.jpg

The New Age Outlaws are definitely winners. They’ve managed to successfully defend their title once against The Nation and twice against The New Hart Foundation albeit using dirty tactics to retain in all, but you certainly can’t count them out here. Slaughter had had enough of their antics and told them they would have to defend against both teams at Mania, but soon enough Bigelow and Vader had been added to the mix to create one of the most destructive tag matches in history. Two men will start in the ring with each team situated in a corner able to tag in at any moment so who will emerge with the titles at the end of it?

The Undertaker vs. Kane w. Paul Bearer

http://i36.tinypic.com/14ipjwz.jpgvs.http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/189/kanemask1998vn6.jpgw.http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/899/paulbearerui8.jpg

Kane seemed unstoppable for two months and received a title shot at the Royal Rumble only for his half brother The Undertaker to interfere and cost Kane the match. This as the first time anybody had seen The Undertaker in over two months which prompted the question ‘Where has he been?’. It turned out that Kane has been holding Undertaker hostage in solitary confinement, but the Deadman had found means of escaping. The mind games ensued soon after and it seemed Kane would end up going made before their match at Mania, but last week he managed to lure The Undertaker out and attack him from behind ending it with a tombstone on the exposed steel ramp. If the Undertaker does make it to this match he certainly won’t be at 100% which could spell the end of his unprecedented undefeated streak on the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania.

Farooq vs. Rocky Maivia

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2077/ronsimmonsas9.jpgvs.http://i27.tinypic.com/2zj98og.jpg

After The Nation failed to beat Austin at the Rumble McMahon began a series of events designed to Break up the group. It seemed to be working, but Farooq always managed to change Rocky’s mind. That was until the two faced off with Shamrock for his title. Farooq attacked Rocky after the match officially booting him out of the Nation. Farooq sees this as fresh start for the Nation of Domination and a win here will literally make or break them as Kama and D’lo showed last week they were uncertain as to leave or not. Rocky seems destined to become a big star and the fans are quickly taking to him after leaving the hated Nation. A win here against his old mentor could just be what he needs to get his career on track.

Brother vs. Brother

Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart vs. Owen Hart

http://i29.tinypic.com/vfk2gp.jpgvs.http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpg

At Survivor Series one of the most bizarre moments in the history of wrestling occurred as Shawn Michaels won the title from a disgusted Bret Hart after seemingly not making him tap. It seemed that was all a ploy and Bret had been secretly working with DX the whole time. This came into light at the Rumble as it seemed Bret had been leading his brother on for weeks telling him his time was coming at the Rumble while all the time he was plotting with Degeneration X. Four men remained in the match with Bret and Owen in one corner and Triple H and Michaels in another. In possibly one of the most shocking moments in the wrestling history Bret Hart eliminated his brother leading the way for Michaels to win the match and then shared a heartfelt hug in the ring to the disgust of the crowd who threw whatever they could find at their path. The following night on Raw Bret explained that it was his idea for Michaels to win the title at Survivor Series in the manner he did; he said that he could make the fans believe anything and proved it there. Owen decided to pursue the title losing to Michaels in a match at No Way Out to declare the man to face the Champion at Mania. Owen then directed his attention back to Bret challenging him to this match. Bret later replied in the way of a brutal backstage attack. With so much anger and hatred built into this match will both men be able to keep their composure and claim a priceless victory?

WWF Championship

Mankind © vs. ‘Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2192/mankind1998rs8.jpgvs.http://i47.tinypic.com/2m6kef8.jpg

Way back at In Your House Mankind managed to claim the WWF Title from an irate Michaels thanks to help from Owen Hart who believed he was doing Bret a favour. Since then Michaels has been intent on capturing the title and devised the plot mentioned above to make sure he won the Royal Rumble guaranteeing him a shot at Mania. Slaughter wasn’t happy at the way the match ended and allowed Owen a chance to progress to the main event booking a steel cage match at No Way Out. Both men gave their all, but Michaels proved why he the greatest performer in the business. Mankind knows he will have to dig deep to retain against a persistent Michaels, but after Mankind’s comments last week on Raw, will Michaels really have to kill him to take the title?

Quick Picks

Winner receives full booking privileges over Raw. No outside interference allowed.

Tag Team Championships

New Age Outlaws © vs. The Nation vs. The New Hart Foundation vs. Bigelow and Vader

Farooq vs. Rocky Maivia

Brother vs. Brother

WWF Championship

Tag Team Championships

Farooq vs. Rocky Maivia

Brother vs. Brother

WWF Championship

Just got a feeling. Jarrett's been ducking him and stealing victories for months, it's got to be Lynn here.

As has been said, he must have a plan of some sort. And Vince as full owner is just more interesting than Slaughter anyway, especially given that the Austin feud is just getting going at this stage.

I could see Bret trying to interfere here, and accidentally costing Triple H the title, to further the dissension.

If 98-Austin isn't winning the belt at Mania, he might as well get a big win while he's there.

Tag Team Championships

Given the situations, any of the teams could win this, but I see the New Hart Foundation winning, simply because they've lost a few matches that they probably shouldn't have,

Taker doesn't lose at WrestleMania, as I'm sure you're aware..

Farooq vs. Rocky Maivia

It's safe to say Maivia's a future star for you..why wouldn't you have him win here?

Brother vs. Brother

Triple H comes in here and not-so-accidentally costs Bret this match, leaving DX and turning face.

WWF Championship

The big babyface typically wins the main event of WrestleMania, soo..

How the story has gone I feel Lynn will prevail

Vince will find a way, and his evilness will rule over Raw.

I see a night of DX dominance, which is a shame as I really like Shamrock.

After 2 Stunners. How can Austin now beat Sid at WrestleMania?

Tag Team Championships

DX carry on...

He has his streak you know...

Farooq vs. Rocky Maivia

Experience and numbers will overcome Rocky, who's day will come for sure.

Brother vs. Brother

DX march on...

WWF Championship

...which cummulates in winning the big one.

Thanks a lot for the picks so far guys. It means a lot and it's really interesting to see how people think things will go down, not just for Mania, but in general.

Wrestlemania is coming together slowly, but surely. I've managed to get a lot done tonight and should be able to get some more stuff done before I go to bed. I'm aiming for sometime Sunday, but if I manage to keep a free schedule before and after work tomorrow then tomorrow night could be a realistic target.

Oh, and I'm extremely appreciative of the nominations Zeel and Nobby.

Jerry Lynn

‘The Owner’ Vince McMahon

‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ Ken Shamrock

‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin w. Shane McMahon

Tag Team Championships

The New Hart Foundation

The Undertaker

Rocky Maivia

Brother vs. Brother

Owen Hart

WWF Championship

Mankind ©

World Wrestling Federation is proud to present

Wrestlemania 14!

Brought to you from the legendary Madison Square Garden in front of a sold out of crowd 30000.

http://i47.tinypic.com/34hifkx.jpg

With such a huge show in prospect whoever was given the daunting role of opening would have to do it some justice and thankfully that’s exactly what Chris Warren did with his wonderful rendition of ‘America the Beautiful’. It brought tears to the eyes of many who fell silent around Madison Square Garden, but as soon as the final note was over everybody around the arena rallied up into a huge cheer in anticipation of the biggest event of the year.

A video airs showing various momentous moments in Wrestlemania history. Despite the current wrestling climate the video still shows many moments of WCW stars including Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and Razor Ramon aka Scott Hall. Mr Wrestlemania himself, Shawn Michaels, is featured countless amounts of times as are stars like Bret Hart, Steve Austin and The Undertaker.

An enormous array of pyrotechnics explode around the arena with many fans holding their hands over their ears to cover from the sheer noise. What did they expect? This is Wrestlemania after all.

Ross: It only happens once a year, but when it does it’s the greatest spectacle that the industry has to offer. It’s the showcase of the immortals. We’re here live from a jam packed Madison Square Garden and this is WRESTLEMANIA!

Lawler: It certainly is JR! Can you hear this atmosphere?! That is why the Garden is unique in the sport of Professional Wrestling.

Cornette: (Overly excited) let’s get this party started guys. I can’t wait any longer.

They both cast surprising looks into the direction of Cornette who looks a little too giddy compared to his usual self.

Cornette: What? It’s Wrestlemania!

Backstage we enter the locker room of Degeneration X as all five members are quietly getting ready for their respective matches. Everybody seems reluctant to talk and just want to concentrate on what lies ahead tonight. Finally, Shawn Michaels breaks the silence.

Michaels: Come on guys! Were at Wrestlemania not a funeral! You better have livened up for the party later tonight when I’ve capture my World Heavyweight Title.

Bret: Don’t you worry Shawn. We’ll all be there, but you know how much I want to beat that bast**d Owen tonight so I can’t afford mistakes.

Michaels reaches into a fridge and pulls out a magnificent bottle of champagne.

Michaels: Let’s start this party now.

Bret hesitatingly grabs a glass.

Bret: Ah I don’t know. It is an important night for us all and we need clear heads.

The Outlaws didn’t seem too bothered as Michaels began reassuring Bret.

Michaels: Come on Bret, you’ve been saying for weeks how easy this match is going to be. We all know we’re going to be walking out of Mania as the most dominant group to walk this earth.

Bret: Just one. Only one.

Michaels gleefully pours himself, The Outlaws and Bret a glass before making a toast.

Michaels: A toast to the future of Degeneration X!

All: DX!

Michaels glances around and notices Triple H staring at the wall muttering something to himself.

Michaels: Not going to join us Hunter?

Triple H: Me? No I’m good.

Bret: I thought you were a part of this team? I helped you out big time last week so the least you could do is join us for a toast.

Triple H: Well I’m sorry for wanting to win my match tonight. I have to face one of the toughest Intercontinental Champions in history so excuse me for not believing it’s going to be a walk in the park.

Bret: You’re just a baby Hunter. Seeking attention all the time and throwing a tantrum when you don’t get it. Well believe it or not this is Shawn’s night and I couldn’t care less whether you win that title as long as we have the World title by the end of it.

Triple H stands up immediately and storms out of the locker room which has been the scene of many recent Raw’s. Michaels looks seriously pi**ed off after managing, last week, to get Triple H back on their side ready for the most important night in the history of DX.

Michaels: Go and sort it Bret. Everything was fine until your little outburst so you better sort this. God knows what Hunter could do tonight if we leave it like this.

A short video plays on the titantron to hype up the first match of the night. The rivalry between Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Lynn is reviewed. It shows:

• Jerry Lynn saving Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler from an improvident beat down at In Your House.

• Jeff Jarrett stealing a win a few weeks later on Raw.

• Slaughter announcing Jarrett/Lynn for No Way Out only for Jarrett to squirm his way out with a fake injury.

• Lynn trying to persuade Slaughter he was lying causing Slaughter to compromise.

• Goldust attacking Lynn declaring himself Lynn’s opponent for NWO.

• Jerry Lynn taking out his frustrations on Goldust, defeating him at No Way Out, but attacked by Jarrett afterwards proving his injury was just a charade.

• Lynn calling on his friend and Light Heavyweight Champion Great Sasuke for help.

• Jarrett capitalising on a mistake by Sasuke last week on Raw to take the tag match and the momentum going into Mania.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/276/jerrylynnkd2.jpgvs.http://i31.tinypic.com/34e6g0k.jpg

After months and months of Jarrett dodging his way out of trouble this match couldn’t have come quickly enough for Lynn. Both men were accompanied by their respective friends, Jarrett with Goldust and Lynn with Light Heavyweight Champion Great Sasuke. Jarrett barely had time to turn around before Lynn was clubbing away at Jarrett much to the crowd’s amusement. Lynn didn’t really have a strategy in place and just seemed intent on causing Jarrett as much physical harm as possible without getting disqualified. This came into play soon enough as Jarrett managed to counter a piledriver from Lynn who was trying to end proceedings quickly, probably to cause Jarrett as much embarrassment as he could.

Jarrett wasn’t going to make the same mistakes as Lynn did and slowly plugged away at his opponent covering him regularly and trying to hide his frustrations whenever Lynn kicked out. The momentum shifted once again as Jarrett was got caught up in the ropes when Lynn sprung to his feet and bounced into them. As Jarrett fell to the mat Lynn quickly capitalised and secured a piledriver onto Jarrett. One…. Two…Thre! No! Jarrett instinctively had his foot on the ropes. Lynn stood up and completely flipped out calling over for Sasuke to get him a steel chair. Sasuke, at first, didn’t abide, but it was clear that Lynn was willing to do anything to beat Jarrett tonight and punish him for his recent actions.

The referee grabbed the chair off Sasuke and threw it out of the ring. While he was distracted Jarrett low blowed Lynn and rolled him up. One…Two….Th! No! The referee had quickly scrambled back to count the pin. Goldust began mouthing off to referee who again become distracted as he tried to calm the bizarre one down. Sasuke picked up the chair and stepped back onto the apron. Jarrett was resting onto the ropes and Lynn moved towards Sasuke who had the chair held out ready to pass to him. Jarrett pounced off the ropes and threw himself into the back of Lynn whose head cannoned off the chair, the other side hitting the head of Sasuke. Jarrett hooked the leg of the cataleptic Lynn as the referee, unaware of events that had transpired counted an unpleasant pinfall.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Match Rating: C

We cut backstage where a huge security guard is stood menacingly outside somebody’s locker room. As the camera zooms further in the name on the door reads ‘Kane’. It looks as though he is looking out for The Undertaker.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5897/sgtslaughteryf3.jpgvs.http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9440/vincemcmahonea6.jpg

Obviously the fans weren’t expecting a technical masterpiece here, but everybody were still highly anticipating how Vince McMahon would work his way out against former wrestler Sgt. Slaughter. Vince possessed the most power and early on threw Slaughter into the corner before tensing his biceps and posing for the audience which fired up the commissioner. The match itself was rather slow and sloppy and after five minutes or so of Slaughter trying to wear down his boss, Vince caught him out of nowhere with his own move, the cobra clutch. After Slaughter attempted to fight out for around ten seconds the referee suddenly called for the bell reminding everybody of the scenes that transpired at Survivor Series.

Winner: Vince McMahon

Vince celebrated his victory in the ring as the crowd expressed their antagonism. Slaughter couldn’t believe it in the ring. His job and career in the Federation was over. Out of nowhere Vince cheap shotted Slaughter with his boot and continued to lay it in.

Ross: Vince just screwed Slaughter.

Suddenly some very distinctive music kicked in and there on the ramp stood a wrestling legend.

http://i46.tinypic.com/ru34o4.jpg

Ross: Bah Gawd!!! It’s Ric Flair!! I don’t believe my eyes!

Sure enough Ric Flair was standing on the ramp appearing in a WWF arena for the first time in just over five years. He ate up the fantastic reception from the crowd who were taking every chance to go crazy at his unexpected appearance. Vince froze in the ring and stared straight down as Flair strutted down to the ring

Flair: WOOOOOOOOO!!!

The crowd joined in as Vince was ready to explode in the ring despite winning the rights to Raw. Vince told Flair to get out of his ring, but Flair took no notice, did a smooth spin and then shouted ‘woooooo’ again at the top of his voice. He moved over to the fallen Slaughter and helped him up. As Slaughter stumbled to his feet he was subsequently knocked back down again by Flair which caused the audience to fall silent. A huge smirk arrived on the Vince McMahon who came over to greet Flair. The two shook hands in the ring and then held each others hands a loft over former WWF Commissioner Sgt. Slaughter.

Lawler: I...I…I

Ross: Why was Flair here and most importantly why has he sided with an animal such as Vince McMahon?

Backstage the crowd erupt as a completely focused Owen Hart comes into view alongside Michael Cole.

Cole: I’d like to welcome my guest at this time, Owen Hart. Owen you have probably the most important match of your career tonight so how have you prepared for such a match?

Owen: It’s difficult to prepare for such a match Michael as I’m sure you can understand. For thirty three years me and Bret have been brothers. We’ve been so close, always looking out for each other and always helping each other out of trouble, but obviously all that ended this year at the Royal Rumble. All our history gone and forgotten because I sure as hell don’t want to remember it. Bret, to me, is nothing more than a piece of trash and although this match could potentially elevate my career to new heights the only thing I want from it is to punish Bret so much that I take the one thing he loves more than anything away from him. His wrestling career.

Triple H menacingly makes his way to the ring ready for his title fight with Shamrock. He takes a microphone from ringside and begins to talk into it.

Triple H: It seems my so called buddies care more about that damn Title than they do about me. I’ve had enough it. Screw them. I’ll win this title tonight and then they’ll be crawling back to me.

He puts his microphone down by his side, but seems to spot something or somebody in the crowd.

Triple H: Who do we have here. Mr Olympia, Dorian Yates.

The crowd cheer as the enormous Yates stands up and lifts his trunk like arm into the air.

Triple H: The only reason you won that competition for the past seven years is because I decided to become a professional wrestler. You tell me somebody who has a better natural body than this.

Triple H starts to do some bodybuilder poses, but is quickly cut off by the music of Ken Shamrock as the match gets underway.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8081/kenshamrockxt7.jpgvs.http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7406/tripleh1998mt7.jpg

Triple H uses his strength to back Shamrock into the corner early on and then gives him a sharp kick to the gut before nailing the champion with a DDT for an impressive start. He immediately poses for the crowd tensing his bicep and pointing at Yates who laughs. Bad move by Triple H as Shamrock was able to stand up and clotheslined Triple H as he turned around. He quickly took hold of the ankle of Triple H and locked in an early ankle lock. Thankfully for Triple H’s title ambitions he was able to scramble to the bottom rope before any damage was done. Just a reminder there of how dangerous the ankle lock from Shamrock is.

Shamrock controlled Triple H for a short period before Triple H countered with a huge Irish whip sending Shamrock crashing into the turnbuckle causing him to become caught up in a tree of woe. Triple H drove a knee into the face of Shamrock twice before he fell from the top rope and into a heap on the mat. Shamrock managed to fight back to his feet and chopped Triple H down to his knees with a few stiff kicks to the legs before connecting with a big one to the challengers head.

Both men shared some more offence before Triple H whipped Shamrock straight into the referee who flew out of the ring under the third rope. Shamrock looked around to see what had happened, but Triple H caught him with a huge spinebuster and then raised his hands in the air as momentum began to build. He walked over to the ropes and started talking trash again to Dorian Yates who shook his head. Triple H then moved over to Shamrock and looked to end things with a pedigree, but Yates had entered the fray. He gorilla pressed Triple H high above his head demonstrating his pure power before walking from underneath him causing Triple H to fall from near seven feet! Yates exited the ring to a great reception as Shamrock hooked in the ankle lock. Yates threw the referee back into the ring who was then on hand to see Triple H’s hand tapping against the mat.

Winner and still WWF Intercontinental Champion, Ken Shamrock

Another video airs on the titantron showing the storied history between Steve Austin and Vince McMahon dating back to last year. It shows:

• Vince McMahon attempting to change the way of Austin, but failing miserably.

• Momentum shifting back and forth between the two camps before Kane, thanks to McMahon interference, beats Austin at In Your House.

• Austin raising hell the next night on Raw causing McMahon to book him in a 4 on 1 handicap match at the Rumble having the option to fire Austin if he loses.

• Austin decides he will go out with a bang and humiliates Vince for the next few weeks.

• A masked man interferes in the match at the Rumble helping Austin overcome the Nation of Domination.

• Vince relieving the Nation of their duties and bringing in Sid Vicious to take down Austin.

• The masked man revealing himself as Shane McMahon, the son of Vince, at No Way Out, but Austin, who doesn’t trust him, leaves him to fend for himself against the enormous team of Sid Vicious, Bam Bam Bigelow and Vader which causes Austin and Shane to lose.

• Shane’s constant attempts to get Austin to trust him only for them to fail.

• Shane receiving a brutal beating only to be saved by Austin who claimed he was just seizing the opportunity to weaken Sid.

• Vince announcing that he would be in Sid’s corner while Shane would be in Austin’s corner.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2j45xlv.jpgw.http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9440/vincemcmahonea6.jpgvs.http://i34.tinypic.com/2pqnjhd.jpgw.http://i35.tinypic.com/6sc7qe.jpg

Sid was accompanied by Vince McMahon who was till smiling about what happened earlier. Unsurprisingly Shane came to the ring alone followed by fan favourite ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin whose appearance was welcomed by a thunderous reception which we have come to expect. Shane tries to get Austin’s attention at ringside, but he completely blanks him.

Sid showed tremendous power early on and looked ready to make it a tough night Austin. The constant interference and distractions from Vince McMahon at ringside proved a very effective weapon aswell. Austin was always looking to catch the stiff big man off guard, but due to his monster nature he was no selling many of Austin’s moves and came back with an authoritative slam continuing to control the match with Vince instructing him from ringside. From here on it was basically a two on one as Vince utilised every opportunity to further damage Austin who was feeling the effects. Shane was non existent at ringside except for a rare shout as he attempted to rally Austin.

Austin managed to hit Sid with a chop block which made the big man stagger for a few seconds but he was straight back in action as though nothing was wrong. Sid reserved an attempted swing into the ropes by Austin who ducked on return and levelled Sid with a huge right hand who started to tumble backwards. Again Austin hit him hard with a right, but again Sid stayed up right. Finally Austin tackled Sid down and he hit the floor with a loud thud. Austin started to feel it and shouted out to the crowd who were starting to get into the match now. Sid stood up as Austin attempted a stunner, but Sid managed to push him away. Sid then elevated his boot looking for Austin’s mid section, but Austin countered swinging Sid around on the spot. Sid spun into a right boot of Austin and then collapsed in a heap after a stunner.

Winner: Steve Austin

Austin celebrated his victory in the centre of the ring as his adoring fans cheered his name. Little did he know that Vince McMahon had craftily slid into the ring ready to extract some revenge. Shane had sensed this and quickly ascended the turnbuckle throwing himself off without hesitation and then in Austin fashion unloading with rights and lefts to his father who was hurriedly trying to cover up. Austin turned around to see the carnage unfold. He pulled Shane off Vince, but as Vince got to his feet he was greeted with the middle finger of Austin, a boot to the gut and a stunner which he sold much better than Sid. He then confronted Shane as the crowd fell silent waiting in enthusiastically to see what was about to unfold. Austin extended out his hand to Shane who was sat on the mat after Austin had thrown him off Vince. Shane took it hastily and Austin lifted him back up to a vertical base. Shane stood there scared of what Austin might do, but Austin rapidly pulled Shane in embracing him with a hug which was met with a great cheer from the crowd who love to see respect shown. Shane’s worried look quickly turned into a beaming smile as Austin ushers for his customary beer. He passes one over to Shane and then ascends each turnbuckle downing a couple of cold ones on each.

The camera takes us backstage into the locker room of Kane. Kane is relaxing in the corner taking deep breaths. Paul Bearer steps up and opens the door making sure everything in ok outside. He peeps his head around the corner, but the security guard that was there before is no longer there. Bearer bites his bottom lip, pulls his head back into the locker room, shuts the door and turns around. Kane is seemingly unaware of proceedings so Bearer chooses to keep the secret to himself.

Tag Team Championships

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8372/billygunn19982gk3.jpghttp://img80.imageshack.us/img80/570/jessejames1998dc9.jpgvs.http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7555/kamazy1.jpghttp://i30.tinypic.com/2qn9rw6.jpgvs.http://i27.tinypic.com/1zmkuhl.jpghttp://i31.tinypic.com/125pbox.jpgvs.http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/346/bambambigelowku3.jpghttp://i48.tinypic.com/6xt7y0.jpg

The match wasn’t the most exiting that your going to see at Wrestlemania, but it was enjoyable enough and kept a fast pace throughout with frequent tags. The crowd really got behind The New Hart Foundation, but it was clear they just wanted to see the titles change hands tonight. Bulldog was as looking impressive as ever, but Vader and Bigelow were looking just as impressive and they were working as a much more effective cohesive unit. A brawl emerged at ringside and Vader, the legal man, was able to capitalise as he power bombed the helpless Billy Gunn from the bottom rope and covered. Before anybody could respond on the outside he had the titles held aloft.

Winners and new WWF Tag Team Champions, Bigelow and Vader

Again we are taken backstage as lots of past and present stars are engaged in conversation deep in the historic Madison Square Garden. Suddenly a very irate Kane appears throwing around everything in site and basically causing havoc. He has obviously realised that the security guard had been taken and without hesitation he had placed the blame upon The Undertaker. Kane continues to destroy everything and anyone in his path as security and anybody nearby try to restrain him.

We stay backstage as Michael Cole is standing by with Rocky Maivia.

Cole: I’m standing by with former Nation member Rocky Maivia. Rocky, how do you…

Michael Cole is stopped mid sentence by Rocky who lifts up his hand as a signal for him to stop talking. He ushers the microphone closer to his mouth with hand.

Rocky: Whoa, whoa, whoa jabroni! There is no Rocky. There is only, The Rock! Understand?

Cole: Errr… I think so, Rock?

The Rock: Nope. Wrong again. Do you need to go back to school? No don’t answer that. It’s The Rock! Not Rocky, not Rock. Just The Rock. Get it now?

Cole looks extremely embarrassed as Rocky dauntingly glares over him.

Cole: (Nervously) The Rock, how do you feel about facing your former friend and team mate tonight?

The Rock looks at Cole for a second and then shakes his head.

The Rock: Quit being a jabroni. How in the blue hell did you make it as an interviewer? Don’t answer that. It doesn’t matter how you made it as an interviewer. I’m done with this. The Rock has a match to prepare for.

The Rock strides off down the corridor as Cole worryingly looks down at his feet.

Another video package airs on the titantron this time hyping up the match between Kane and The Undertaker. It shows:

• Kane’s dominance until his title match at the Royal Rumble including a win over Austin.

• Losing the title match to Mankind after interference from Undertaker who had previously not been seen in over two months.

• Undertaker explaining that Kane had held him in solitary confinement, but he managed to escape.

• Undertaker beginning the mind games with Kane which has caused Kane to freak out on more than one occasion.

• Kane shifting the momentum last week by outwitting Undertaker and brutally beating him down.

http://i36.tinypic.com/14ipjwz.jpgvs.http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/189/kanemask1998vn6.jpgw.http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/899/paulbearerui8.jpg

A few members of the backstage crew came running from the back turning into the crowd as the intense figure of Kane charged through the curtain. It had seemed that Undertaker’s most recent plan had just incensed Kane further and made him somehow more dangerous. He stepped into the ring and called out his brother from the back. The druids came down to the ring first as expected and formed a guard of honour for Undertaker whose distinctive music then kicked creating a buzz around the arena. He slowly walked from the back taking his time to hopefully psyche his opponent out as he does on many occasions. He entered the ring, laid down his attire, but was quickly met with a huge clothesline from Kane as the bell rang out.

Kane then picked up Undertaker by the throat and looked for a chokeslam early on, but Undertaker battered out with big elbows. Taker and Kane shared offensive power moves with Undertaker hitting a leg drop after Kane’s head rested off the apron aswell as his customary snake eyes while Kane managed to connect with a huge clubbing clothesline from the top rope followed by a sidewalk slam. Undertaker managed to toss Kane out to ringside and showing tremendous agility and athleticism ran at the ropes closest to the announce table, bounced off so he was running the opposite way, and flew over the top rope connecting with the suicide dive just as Kane had risen to his feet.

Undertaker then went old school on Kane, but Kane managed to power into the ropes causing Undertaker to lose balance as he stumbled off the top rope into the hand of Kane as he hoisted him by the throat up for a chokeslam. One… Two… Th… No! Undertaker managed to get his shoulder up much to Kane’s frustrations. Kane picked up Taker over his shoulder and set him up for the tombstone, but Taker flipped over turning it into a tombstone for himself. He planted Kane’s head onto the mat and made a slow cover. One… Two… Thre… No! Undertaker’s face was a picture as Kane powered up his shoulder. He couldn’t believe it. Nobody kicks out of the tombstone.

Undertaker draped his hair back and went back to work on Kane. He Irish whipped Kane, but it was reserved and when Taker came flying off the ropes he stumbled straight into a big boot from his brother. Kane climbed the turnbuckle and connected with a second big clothesline of the night before hoisting Taker up for the tombstone. This time Undertaker didn’t have any answers and his head was planted hard into the mat. Kane wasted little time in covering. One… Two… Thre…..No! Taker did it! He got his shoulder at the very last millisecond to keep his undefeated streak alive. Kane smashed the mat hard with his hand in frustration which obviously caused him pain, but there wasn’t a pain that could come close to losing this match to his brother.

Kane hoisted Taker up again onto his shoulder, but this time didn’t attempt a tombstone straight away. He walked over to the turnbuckle and climbed to the first rope with Taker still adorned over his shoulder. Again showing incredible agility and quickness Undertaker managed to drop down from Kane’s shoulder and drop him with a DDT from the first rope. Undertaker could have gone for the pinfall there and then, but it wouldn’t be Wrestlemania with the tombstone. Sure enough Taker picked Kane up as though he was Tajiri and planted his head down for a second time on the night before crossing over the arms, sticking out the tongue and picking up the victory.

Winner: The Undertaker

Backstage we entered the office of Vince McMahon as he cracked open a bottle of the finest champagne around handed it to Flair who was sat beside him as the two were celebrating events earlier. Flair started to down it, it was clear it wasn’t his first aswell as Vince cracked open another and poured it down his throat.

Flair: You wrestled a pretty damn good match tonight Vince.

Flair said this as he poured the champagne all over the place clearly drunk.

Vince: And it doesn’t even matter that Austin won aswell because you know what happens tomorrow.

Flair: I sure do. The real war starts brother.

Vince: Damn right it does and Austin doesn’t have a chance in… hell!

Vince seemed to sober up for the last word as it was ushered with such venom.

Another video plays hyping up the up-and-coming contest between student and mentor. It shows:

• Vince punishing the Nation of Domination week in week out with matches intent on splitting them.

• Rocky beating Farooq a few weeks later in a match made by McMahon.

• An argument that followed straight after in which Farooq spat into Rocky’s face.

• Things seemingly fixed a week later as Rocky and Farooq put aside their differences to help the Nation progress.

• The triple threat match between Shamrock, Rocky and Farooq which ended with Shamrock retaining his gold and Farooq turning on Rocky.

• Rocky beating D’lo and Kama in subsequent weeks and then challenging Farooq to a match at Mania which he accepted.

Farooq vs. The Rock

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2077/ronsimmonsas9.jpgvs.http://i49.tinypic.com/2eeh4pz.jpg

The two had a brief staredown before the match who resulted in the two going nose to nose. Suddenly The Rock unloaded with electrifying rights and lefts as the crowd were already taking to his new persona. Throughout the match it was clear The Rock had the edge over Farooq who had to use certain methods to give things even or else The Rock would have probably ended things early on. After connecting with a rock bottom The Rock stood over the face of Farooq before holding out his arm and sliding his wristband down his arm and throwing it to one lucky fan in the audience. He then crossed his arms rapidly before sprinting into the ropes leaping over Farooq, bouncing off the ropes again and then planting his elbow into the heart of his former leader. A three count followed meaning the end of The Nation of Domination could be drawing ever closer.

Winner: The Rock

After the match The Rock looks down at Farooq and then looks up at the audience. As he does he lifts up his right eyebrow which was greeted with a nice reception from the Garden. Kama Mustafa and D’lo Brown came out form the back and stood on the ramp in the path of The Rock as he tried to get back to his locker room. They looked him up and down for a moment before both extended out their hands to their former team mate. The Rock wasn’t sure what to make of this, but eventually gave in and locked into a handshake with Kama and then D’lo. The tag team then parted allowing The Rock to walk into the back before following him leaving Farooq, who had watched proceedings from the ring, looking livid.

Backstage the camera pans around a very dark room presumed to be the basement of Madison Square Garden. It finally stops in the corner as Mankind emerges stroking a rat with his Title down by his feet. Mankind looks down at the title and then at the rat which then gets instantly tossed at the wall.

Mankind: I don’t need you! I have everything I could desire.

He picks up his title and places it on his shoulder and storms out of the basement.

The next video that plays on the titantron hypes up the eagerly anticipated brother versus brother clash between Owen and Bret Hart. It shows:

• Bret being screwed out of the title at Survivor Series and swearing that when the time is right he would extract revenge on Michaels.

• Bret continuously putting off attacking Michaels even when there was a great opportunity. He said Michael’s time would be up at the Rumble.

• A plan starting to emerge for the Rumble by DX.

• Bret ensuring that Owen needs to partake in the Rumble and put his feud with Triple H to one side.

• Bret entering at number 30 at the Royal Rumble and immediately going into a corner with Owen opposite Michaels and Triple H.

• Bret eliminating his brother with the help of Triple H and the hugging his new stable mates as the crowd voiced their anger.

• Bret stating that he’d been in with DX from the start and the happenings at Survivor Series were just to shock the world even more when he finally revealed his true relations.

• Owen having to decide whether to face Bret or Shawn at No Way Out finally choosing Shawn and the potential to go onto the main even of Wrestlemania.

• Bulldog beating Bret Hart at No Way Out by DQ after Bret wouldn’t let go of the sharpshooter. Then afterwards keeping the sharpshooter locked only for a bruised and battered Jim Niedhart to hobble down and save his tag team partner.

• Owen’s change in persona as he airs out a massive tirade against Bret on Raw. Later that night, Bret attacking Owen backstage and declaring he would break his legs at Mania.

• Another attack from Bret and DX on Owen the following week as Bret shows he can outwit Owen.

Brother vs. Brother

http://i29.tinypic.com/vfk2gp.jpgvs.http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2623/owenhartwa7.jpg

The distinct music of Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart began to sound loudly around the arena which was greeted by inevitable booing from the typically raucous crowd here in the Wrestling hotbed of Madison Square Garden. He strode out from behind the curtain and walked casually up the aisle with a sense of confidence, but at the same time you couldn’t help but feel he was afraid of facing his brother. Once in the ring Bret seemed to change his persona and didn’t look as relaxed anymore as he, and everybody in the arena, awaited the arrival of Owen Hart. Once Owens music panned out around the arena it was clear who the unanimous favourite was here tonight. He looked as focused as ever keeping his eyes fixed onto his brother during the length of his entrance.

Owen slid into the ring and before the referee had a chance to ring the bell he sprinted at his brother, tackling him down and unloading with a barrage of hard left and rights. The referees’ attempts to restrain Owen were thwarted as he was pushed him away and security had to be brought so the match could begin. They struggled to pull a restless Owen away from Bret who instantly began nursing his wounds and called out to the referee to have Owen disqualified, but the referee informed a fuming Bret that because the bell hadn’t sounded Owen’s place in the match was safe.

After venting his frustrations early on Owen seemed much calmer now and when the bell officially sounded he didn’t go straight for Bret. Maybe the previous attack was a plan to soften him up or maybe his feelings for his brother just got the better of him. The tension could be cut with a knife as the fans couldn’t wait to see the two brothers go at it. They knew they were in for a superb match given the abilities of both men on show. They circled each other for a minute before finally locking up.

Bret was quick to slide his brother into a headlock showing his vast experience over Owen which was definitely a huge advantage for him. Bret had won numerous Championships in the business, but even tonight, facing his own brother at Wrestlemania had to faze him somewhat. For Owen it was only just beginning , this match could be the start of a famed career for the younger Hart and although he so badly wanted to punish his brother for his ultimate betrayal at the Rumble, a future World Championship shot must have been somewhere in his mind.

The next few minutes of the match showed the fans just how good of a calibre of technical wrestling was on show tonight. The two countered each others attempts on numerous occasions with neither man really able to gain a foothold, an advantage over the other. Finally after some excellent mat wrestling from both men Bret managed to power Owen into the turnbuckle to create an opening for himself. Ross concluded that Bret had shied away from the technical approach because he couldn’t beat his brother that way, but Cornette was quick to say that was nonsense and that Bret wanted to hurt Owen which could only be done properly in a good old brawl.

Bret was using a mixture of technical and brawling offense to contain his brother. He utilised every second of the referee’s five counts and was always quick to cheat in any way, shape or form. That said nobody could argue with the ability of the Hitman who obviously had a game plan of how to take his brother out of the match and up until now it was working a treat.

Bret executed a delayed vertical suplex on his brother and then added insult by breaking up an attempted pinfall himself embarrassing Owen and receiving a hot reaction from the crowd. After the suplex Bret followed up with a series of submission holds mainly focusing on the legs of Owen. He knew none were as powerful as his own, but he needed to wear down the legs of Owen enough to be able to lock on that excruciating hold known as the sharpshooter because Owen, a master of the move himself, would know every single counter to the hold and over the past few weeks would have made sure he could use them all effectively. Bret knew there would be a time when he could lock on the hold without Owen being able to do anything about it and was patiently probing for that very moment.

Perhaps Bret was being too patient as Owen’s inevitable fight back was originating and Bret seemed powerless to stop him. The pace of the match quickened noticeably as Owen fought back to a vertical base ducking a punch from Bret and then landing a haymaker of his own. He then grabbed the arm of Bret and swung him into the ropes, but Bret countered swinging Owen into the ropes instead. It didn’t matter though as Owen dived at the knee of Bret instantly grounding him and giving himself a chance to dish out some punishment onto his brother. He stood up and looked down at his fallen brother who was almost pleading to him. Owen, as expected, took no notice at all and dropped a hard knee into the cold heart of Bret.

Owen’s game plan was a little less technical than Bret’s prompting Cornette to complain just like Ross did earlier in the match about Bret’s offence, but Ross was on hand to say that after all Bret had put him through Owen could wrestle the match however he wanted. Owen was more than happy to allow Bret to rise up to his feet and was enjoying knocking him back down again with a simple clothesline. Owen knew this wasn’t doing much to Bret and he needed to start doing more damage. His brother was able to slide out of the ring and began nursing his wounds. Owen ascended the turnbuckle quickly and attempted a cross body as Bret turned around. The Hitman had the move well scouted and Owen went crashing into the guardrail head first. Replays on the titantron showed the sickening way Owen’s head had bounced back after colliding with the steel. Faces gasped around the arena as blood began to pour from Owen’s forehead.

The referee’s count reached eight before Bret rolled Owen back into the ring. He seemed out of it with blood continuously pouring from his forehead. Looking into his eyes you could see that nobody was home. Bret immediately went for a cover draping an arm over Owen. The count was a long two, but to the dismay of Bret he hadn’t beaten Owen. Bret’s next move, after complaining to the referee, was a disturbing piledriver. Hart’s head drove onto the mat in just as sickening a way as when it hit the guardrail, but again his grit and determination showed through as he kicked out at the very last second further infuriating the usually calm Bret.

Bret resorted to dirty tactics as he began unbuckling the turnbuckle trying to make it seem as though he was resting up in the corner, the referee was calling it straight down the middle though and wanted to see a clean finish as much as everybody in the arena and warned Bret before fixing the turnbuckle. Bret turned around to further punish his brother, but he had allowed Owen time to recover. He rolled away from Bret and quickly rolled up his brother into a small package, but by the time the referee had noticed Bret was able to break free. Ross was shouting irately from the announce table as Owen clearly had a successful pin of more than three seconds.

Both men rose to a vertical base at around the same time and Bret let his anger get the better of him by charging at Owen who merely stepped out of the way causingBret to go crashing into the turnbuckle shoulder first. He stumbled back into a roll up by Owen. One….Two…..Thr. Owen almost had him. Bret knew he needed to gain his whereabouts back now after two very near falls, but Owen wasn’t going to let him. With Bret down Owen went for a sharpshooter attempt, but Bret unsurprisingly countered by rolling over sending Owen into the ropes. As Owen came flying back from the ropes Bret managed to grab his leg sending him onto the mat and went for a sharpshooter attempt of his own. Owen fought and fought as Bret tried his hardest to turn his brother over. Finally he did just that and it was clear from the first moment that Owen was in excruciating pain. Bret leant back and crouched further down further increasing the pressure on Owen’s legs and further increasing the pain Owen was in. Owen’s eyes started to close as it looked as though he had passed out from the pain of the hold reminding everybody of the previous Wrestlemania. The referee dropped the hand once, twice, but on the third time Owen found life and used every ounce of energy he had left to power over to the ropes and wrap his left hand around the bottom one. Bret used every second of the five count implemented by the referee and received a severe telling off once he had broken the hold.

Bret followed up with some nasty right hands straight to the open wound of Owen as blood continued to pour from it. Ross alluded to the fact that Owen had lost a lot of blood and must have been getting very weak now. Somehow, as Bret went for another sharpshooter attempt, Owen countered by powering Bret into the corner with his heavily injured legs. Owen stumbled to a vertical base needing every bit of the ropes to do so as the earlier sharpshooter hold from Bret had clearly done lots of damage. Bret met him in the centre of the ring as Owen reminded everyone of a baby taking their first steps, his legs were wobbling all over as Bret landed right hand after right hand, but couldn’t knock him down. Suddenly, perhaps out of instinct, Owen executed a perfect Enzuigiri and as Bret fell to the mat you could tell the move probably knocked him out.

Owen fell straight to the mat aswell unable to capitalise on the instinctive move and when he finally managed to drape an arm over a still insentient Bret he had had too much time to recover. Owen rose to his feet with Bret still feeling the effects of that Enzuigiri and started to climb the turnbuckle. He waited for Bret to rise to his feet before basically just falling into him. Bret was ready and caught him looking to go for a belly to belly throw, but Owen countered pushing Bret away. He then ducked an attempted clothesline from Bret and running into the ropes he jumped from the second rope he flipped off it and landed with a dropkick on Bret. No, Bret faded backwards as the dropkick narrowly missed him. As Owen fell to the mat Bret quickly grabbed hold of the legs and turned his brother over for the second time on the night.

Owen started tearing at his hair as his screams rang out around the Garden. Blood was pouring into his eyes once again as his hair just stuck to his forehead. Bert applied even more pressure as a light came in the mind of Owen Hart. He grabbed Bret’s ankle and proceeded to pull him off balance. As Bret fell to the mat Owen reached down very down, crossing the legs of Bret he locked on a sharpshooter of his own. Clearly in pain as he put even more pressure on Owen just roared out hoping this would mask it. He knew he couldn’t let go no matter how much pain it was applying to his already damaged legs. Bret was writhing around in agony as he felt the pain he had made many people feel over the years. He attempted to roll over, but Owen wasn’t letting him. There was nowhere to go as Bret’s hand was getting dangerously close to hitting the mat. He made one final attempt to reach the ropes trying to crawl there army style, but Owen pulled him back into centre of the ring. Abruptly Bret’s hand began furiously tapping the mat as he willed for Owen to let go of the hold. Owen had done it on the grandest stage of them all. He had beaten his brother.

Winner: Owen Hart

Match Rating: A

Owen was exhausted in the ring and couldn’t stand up. Bulldog and Niedhart walked out from the back and helped up their friend who received a huge reception from Madison Square Garden. They helped Owen to the back after his efforts were greeted with the reaction their very much deserved.

Ross: I'm speechless folks. I'm nearly in tears for Owen.

Lawler: It's certainly a special moment for him JR and i'm very happy to have been able to call it.

Cornette: What a shambles. You'll see, normal service will be next when Michaels wins back his Championship.

The final video of the night is aired on the titantron hyping up the title fight between Mankind and Shawn Michaels. It Shows:

• Michaels losing his title to Mankind at In Your House thanks to interference from Owen Hart.

• Mankind retaining his title at the Rumble and No Way Out.

• Michaels controversially winning the Royal Rumble.

• Slaughter announcing that Michaels would have to face Owen Hart at No Way Out to declare a rightful challenger at Mania.

• Michaels dirty tactics as he tries to weaken Owen before the match.

• Michaels defeating Owen at No Way Out in a steel cage after a herculean effort from Owen. Michaels then beating down Mankind after the match.

• The recent fallings out between DX causing Michaels a lot of unneeded stress.

WWF Championship

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2192/mankind1998rs8.jpgvs.http://i47.tinypic.com/2m6kef8.jpg

The beginning of the match starts off with Mankind controlling using his brawling style. He delivered many slow punches and kicks to Michaels trying to keep the faster more agile man on the ground. Michaels quickly fought back to a vertical base though and proceedings picked up pace as he clotheslined Mankind down before tossing him out of the ring. Michaels then followed up spring boarding over the top rope and crashing into Mankind on the mat. Michaels controlled the next few minutes continuously entering and exiting the ring to break the ten count then using some offence on the outside normally in the form of the steel steps and steel guardrails to further punish the champion.

With Mankind down on protective mat on the outside, Michaels climbed the turnbuckle stalking his opponent. Once Mankind had stood Michaels fired down upon him hitting a corkscrew type crossbody. The count reached eight just as Michaels managed to slide the Champion into the ring. Mankind was puffing and panting and it was clear Michaels had the advantage here. Once in the ring Michaels locked on an inverted figure four leg lock causing Mankind some excruciating pain as he begged with Michaels to release the hold. For thing was sure, it would take something very special to get Mankind’s hand tapping on the mat.

Michaels released the hold feeling it had done sufficient damage and moved over closer to Mankind. He was met with the Mandible Claw! Mankind had the claw locked on, but needed to get to a vertical base to really apply the hold. He tried to lift up with his legs while still using the hold, but Michael’s earlier submission had taken its toll. As Mankind got up to his knees Michaels gave him a stiff kick to the knee to gain control once again.

Michael’s offence, after feeling that mandible claw for the first time, was now focused solely on the right hand of Mankind. He stomped away at his lethal weapon looking to injure it somewhat so Mankind wouldn’t be allowed to increase the pressure without going through tremendous pain. A short, sharp scream was heard from Mankind as Michaels stomped the hand for a fifth successive time, the hand was now beginning to redden and swell up which was exactly what Michaels was wanting.

With Mankind down clutching his hand Michaels climbed the turnbuckle. He flew from the top rope and connected with his elbow to the huge heart of the Champion. Michaels was looking to end this one right now. He moved into the corner and began tuning up the band, but Mankind, who had obviously done his homework, rolled out of harms way and to the outside instead of staggering to his feet. Michaels’ face was a picture as he was clearly irate that he hadn’t been able to deliver some sweet chin music.

Michaels slid out to the outside, but was met with a swinging neckbreaker by Mankind onto the mat. He rolled back into the ring to break the ten count and then implemented a DDT to Michaels whose head bounced off the mat with some force. Mankind then tugged at Michaels by the hair and starting planting his right fist square in his face with some ferocity. Mankind pulled Michaels up to a vertical base by his head and then locked his arms around his back so he couldn’t counter out. He walked over to the announce table and placed a helpless Michaels onto it. The crowd let out a sharp cheer as Mankind started climbing the turnbuckle. He stood aloft and looked down at Michaels for a moment before leaping off and landing elbow first onto the exposed table. Yep you guess it; Michaels managed to slide out of harms way.

The referee started a ten count which reached nine before Michaels scrambled back into the ring to save his title chances. Michaels worked Mankind on the mat for a few minutes further weakening the champion who was still recovering after going through the announce table. After an atomic drop Michaels climbed the turnbuckle as he looked for the elbow for the second time tonight. He flew from the top rope and drove the elbow into the heart of Mankind who flinched in pain. Michaels began to tune up the band once again and this time Mankind rose to his feet. Michaels sent out the boot with the intention of it hitting Mankind square in the jaw, but showing great agility, he ducked the super kick and caught Michaels in the mandible claw. Mankind couldn’t apply enough pressure with the hold though as Michaels early working of the hand had paid dividends.

Mankind had to think quickly and placed Michaels’ head in between his legs, but Michaels countered with a big back body drop. Mankind got up instantly though and swung Michaels into the corner. Mankind began running into the corner towards Michaels, but instinctively Michaels connected with a sweet chin music to the onrushing Mankind who fell backwards with a big thud on the floor. He was possibly knocked out as Michaels hooked the leg. One… Two… Three… We have a new Champion!!!

Winner and new WWF World Heavyweight Champion, Shawn Michaels

Match Rating: A

Michaels receives a mixed reaction from the Garden as they obviously appreciate such a brilliant wrestler, but at the same time don’t agree with his morale’s. The Outlaws and Bret Hart, who all lost their matches tonight, walk down the ramp to celebrate with Michaels in the ring. This receives a hotter reaction from the crowd, but as soon as Triple H comes storming from the back throwing down his denim jacket and shouting profanity that soon changes as they expect him to turn the heat up. He angrily gets into the ring, but unexpectedly offers out his hand to Bret who ponders it for a moment before locking into a firm handshake and to even further the crowd’s disgust all five men share a group hug in the ring before Triple H raises Michaels hand as the show fades off air. Degeneration X are alive and well at Wrestlemania and now have their most prized possession back in their grasp.

Wrestlemania Rating: A

Wrestlemania Buy Rate: 17.21

Uncensored Rating: B+

Uncensored Buy Rate: 19.43

Living Dangerously Rating: D+

Living Dangerously Buy Rate: 0.11

Uncensored Results

Alex Wright def. Johnny Grunge

Morrus, Disco and Psychosis def. Garza Jr. The Cat and Kidman

Eddy Guerrero def. El Dandy to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Title

Bill Goldberg def. Riggs

Chris Benoit def, Wrath

Super Carlo def. Chris Jericho

Ray Traylor def. Stevie Richards to retain the WCW United States Title

Scott Hall def. La Parka

Stevie, Luger and Piper def. Konnan, Meng and The Barbarian

Booker T def. Brian Knobbs

Scott Steiner def. Rick Steiner

Hogan def. DDP and Sting to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Title

Living Dangerously Results

Big Dick Dudley def. The Blue Meanie

Kronus def. Rogers and Furnas

Taz def. Boo Bradley to retain the ECW World Television Title

Phil LaFon def. Spike Dudley

Justin Credible def. Axl Rotten

Dudley Boys def. Candido and New Jack

Douglas and Sandman def. RVD and Dreamer

Thanks to all the tippers for Mania. Hugely appreciated and it was great to see some new ones in there aswell.

Uncensored gets a bigger buy rate than WrestleMania 14? What the heck?!

I think it's because they are a much more popular promotion in the game. It was our biggest buyrate so far, not by much though, it only just beat the Rumble.

Ta very much Boomking. I'm very glad you enjoyed the show and i'm glad your continuing to read.

Raw is War Preview

Shawn Michaels obviously scored the biggest win at Wrestlemania as he captured the WWF Title, but undoubtedly Owen Hart stole the show with his never say die performance against Bret Hart which led him to victory. He has a brilliant chance tonight to face Michaels at Unforgiven, but the man Michaels beat for the title, Mankind, is in his way as he looks for his rematch.

We will also crown a no.1 contender to the intercontinental title tonight aswell as a triple threat match will determine the outcome of that. Jeff Jarrett scored an important win over his nemesis Jerry Lynn at mania, but he’s up against two men who have been on quite a roll the past few months. Bradshaw, who managed to overcome his former manager, and Williams, who has already earned a shot at Shamrock’s title before.

Two men who both lost at Wrestlemania will be squaring off aswell as Farooq and Lynn will both be wanting to get back on track. Two defeats in a row could spell trouble for the superstar in question so it’s a big match for both men.

We will also get to see the Light Heavyweight Title being defended, Rhino looking to destroy a legend in the business and two young, impressive tag teams squaring off. Much, much more is expected as Raw rolls on just one day after Wrestlemania.

Quick Picks

WWF Light Heavyweight Championship

Great Sasuke vs. Kid Kash

Rhino vs. Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat

Edge and Christian vs. The Darkside

No.1 Contender Match for the WWF Heavyweight Title

Bradshaw vs. ‘Dr Death’ Steve Williams vs. Jeff Jarrett

Farooq vs. Jerry Lynn

No.1 Contender Match for the WWF Heavyweight Title

Mankind vs. Owen Hart

Archived